AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Old 2010-04-14, 12:06   Link #1141
klare

finally, a sub forum to stop the overflowing posts
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 12:44   Link #1142
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It was pretty justified, Angel Beats got more posts and views than some of the long-running anime...and it's only on ep.2
This anime can be both good and bad: it's great if you treat it lightly and don't think too much into things, but can be painstakingly mind-raping if you want to make out the plot or character backgrounds from early on. So, I decide to not think and just enjoy the show~
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 12:54   Link #1143
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Ugh.

Is this really that popular?

Ugh.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 12:59   Link #1144
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yeah, even I was surprised that so many people are caught up in this...but the numbers don't lie^^
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 12:59   Link #1145
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Ugh.

Ugh.
Why, what do you have against Angel Beats?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 13:06   Link #1146
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Why, what do you have against Angel Beats?
Nothing really. I couldn't make it through the first ep, so I'm not going to bash it as complete trash or anything. The story wasn't even what turned me off, it was the art style for the characters, though the story wasn't interesting enough for me to look past the art. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that this type of show is getting a sub-forum, but the speed . . . ugh.
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 13:16   Link #1147
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ah~ah...... Haa...

Haa...
( -_-)y~~
*shakes head*

Quote:
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that this type of show is getting a sub-forum, but the speed . . . ugh.
Well, K-ON got a sub-forum. Nothing can be surprising after something like that gets one...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 13:34   Link #1148
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Nothing really. I couldn't make it through the first ep, so I'm not going to bash it as complete trash or anything. The story wasn't even what turned me off, it was the art style for the characters, though the story wasn't interesting enough for me to look past the art. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that this type of show is getting a sub-forum, but the speed . . . ugh.
Angel Beats! viewers are numerous and chatty.

It was the piano solo that did it.
Old 2010-04-14, 13:41   Link #1149
Tsuchi

Complaints about something this trivial? Mattaku.

Anyway, thanks to the staff for this.
Tsuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 14:21   Link #1150
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Well, K-ON got a sub-forum. Nothing can be surprising after something like that gets one...
I was just about to throw a rant when I read this and lost all my momentum (along with a bit more hope in anime fandom *dejected*).

Anyway, I just hope this turns out better than Haruhi with which it's being compared so much.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 14:22   Link #1151
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Ugh.

Ugh.
Well, yeah. Considering the staff involved in it and how much the show was hyped, it was pretty much guaranteed to be popular. The thread had 20+ pages before the show even started airing, that's more than some shows during the whole time they aired (Aoi Bungaku... ). It was only a matter of time before it got a sub-forum. Still, it's a bit surprising it happened so soon. I was amazed there was so much discussions those past few days.

Now, let's see if the show can live up to all that hype...
Old 2010-04-14, 14:50   Link #1152
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
I was just about to throw a rant when I read this and lost all my momentum (along with a bit more hope in anime fandom *dejected*).
Just keep in mind that this happens in some form no matter what show gets a sub-forum. Not every opinion is worthy of serious consideration.
Old 2010-04-14, 14:54   Link #1153
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Oh i see. Personally I don't see much difference in the art design in Angel Beats and any other anime, aside from the fact that everything is a bit more...shiny....

Well, taste is taste. Afterall, I can't blame someone for liking chocolate over vanilla...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 15:07   Link #1154
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Just keep in mind that this happens in some form no matter what show gets a sub-forum. Not every opinion is worthy of serious consideration.
I'm well aware it's not my place to tell you how to do things and I've been here long enough to know how it goes anyway, besides I don't have any complaints to begin with. It was just very sudden, and struck me as "unfair" to have it from ep2 compared to other series. I wouldn't expect a rant to be taken seriously anyway.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 15:45   Link #1155
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
I'm well aware it's not my place to tell you how to do things and I've been here long enough to know how it goes anyway, besides I don't have any complaints to begin with. It was just very sudden, and struck me as "unfair" to have it from ep2 compared to other series. I wouldn't expect a rant to be taken seriously anyway.
Ah, I guess my post could have been taken in that way. Oops. I actually meant the opposite -- that when people make senseless comparisons or put down a show by proxy, it's not worth taking those sorts of comments seriously. I meant it in more of a "don't take it too badly; this sort of silliness is everywhere" sort of way. I guess I edited it down too much, which added too much ambiguity; the comment I was annoyed by wasn't yours...
Old 2010-04-14, 16:31   Link #1156
Jze0
Hmmm...

Just noticed the new sub-forum... awesome. I knew it was going to get one eventually.
Old 2010-04-14, 17:22   Link #1157
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
I also thought the first episode was lacking in proper pacing but decided to give the second episode a change and I can safely say this is probably gonna be a show I'll enjoy following.

Now I can safely say this because I didn't have much hope for the show in the first place. I know it has Jun Maeda and Key behind them so it has hype going up to 11 but I don't so much trust people as I trust people AND premises and this shows premise (and character designs) didn't impress me much from the get go so I never got much hyped in the first place.

Now what I can safely say got me hyped was the fact that Lia would be doing the OP song and on that field it lived up to the hype imho

PS: good to see it has a subforum, it was obvious from the sheer volume this thread was having.
Old 2010-04-14, 19:24   Link #1158
Kudryavka

Congratulations, Angel Beats, you've been upgraded to Sub-forum.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 22:28   Link #1159
NagatoYuki
Secluded Member

ahh, my prayers have been answered

=p
Old 2010-04-14, 22:44   Link #1160
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Yes, it is good news... now if I just could get a Shiina discussion (although she seems to be a pretty minor character) and a Arakawa Under the Bridge sub-forum, it would Christmas in April!

Tags
key