AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-04-08, 22:05   Link #13621
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
This is probably the best chapter in R+V II so far.

Is the official spelling Aqua or Akuha?
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 22:09   Link #13622
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Now what really got me curious is where did Moka get Akashiya from? Since her mom's last name is Bloodriver and the fathers name is Shuzen.

And since Karua stated that the family is supporting Fairy Tale that must mean Daddy Starbucks is probably one of the main bad guys. Tsukune vs Daddy Starbucks is inevitable!!!
was wondering that myself but here's a theory. Akashiya is the father's name Moka being the only one to actually take it on or allowed to take it on. Shuzen is the family name of the mother of Moka's sisters. If vampires are as proud as they say then it's possible that if daddy starbucks is also proud that he'd only let the strongest of his children take on his family name and Moka was said to be the strongest or have the most potential of the 4 sisters so she was allowed to and the other 3 were forced to have only their mother's name.
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 22:37   Link #13623
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
This is probably the best chapter in R+V II so far.

Is the official spelling Aqua or Akuha?
I'm sticking with Aqua. Seriously, Akuha isn't a drink of any kind as far as I know.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 22:38   Link #13624
Chris38

Guys, I wanted to point out something else that I thought about after reading chapter 29.

Remember Miyabi after Tsukune questioned him, why they attacked Mizore's village he said that The day when you will understand is coming. When that time comes we'll meet again, boy.

Well it's not like Tsukune knows about the egg's existence yet ... but it got me thinking that we might be seeing a Miyabi X Tsukune showdown soon.

What is you're opinion about this ?
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 22:47   Link #13625
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post

What is you're opinion about this ?
Thank **** lets see some answers on some of the MANY questions we have right now, and some Tsukune taking some extra levels in badass and gaining more control/power in his vamp/ghoul/alter form

Lets see some kicking ass, and taking names (preferably Tsukune taking Moka's or vice versa )
(Sorry that pun had to be made)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I'm sticking with Aqua. Seriously, Akuha isn't a drink of any kind as far as I know.
I think it's probably Akuha (Aqua). Afterall, Kokoa (Cocoa), Moka (Mocha) etc are all spelt wrongly as well, but you know what they are, same thing here!
Kahlua is the only one spelt exactly like the drink so far (and Kahlua is a coffee flavour liquor )

Quote:
Actually her first name is Akasha, the translators for some reason say names the western way. I'm sure if you browse through the chapters you'll notice this every so often. Iirc they did this with Miyabi during the snow arc.
Good I wasn't going mad, I read FriedRice's response and was sitting there thinking did I get it the wrong way round/misread it, I was certain her first name was mentioned as Akasha?!

Either way, theres still a LOT of unanswered questions when it comes to Moka's lineage, the family lineup and how it works etc.

In some ways this chapter has almost posed more questions than it actually answered!
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 22:58   Link #13626
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Just FYI, all their names are based on actual Japanese names, it's just Ikeda being clever with the fact that it also sounds similar to western drinks.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 23:14   Link #13627
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Quote:
Just FYI, all their names are based on actual Japanese names, it's just Ikeda being clever with the fact that it also sounds similar to western drinks.
I doubt Earl Grey is a Japanese name, loan word if anything!
Heheh, yeah I wouldnt put it past them for most of them to be puns on japanese names as well as the drinks.
Just Akuha pronounced Aqua would fit the rest of the naming trend
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 00:27   Link #13628
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Now we're missing Moka's Big Daddy and the 3rd Great Dark Lord(Bus Driver?)
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 00:35   Link #13629
Cio
Otaku

Did you see Kahlua's earring is only 1 when she is still young.
Old 2010-04-09, 02:48   Link #13630
kanoe81
serious japanese

I don't know where the "h" came from, in the Japanese text it says "Aku-a". Also, "Akasha Bloodriver" is written in that order in the original text too, but they never reverse the order for foreign names.

Maybe Moka took Akashiya as an assumed name because it's similar to her mother's name?
kanoe81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 03:31   Link #13631
Chris38

Well another interesting piece of information that was revealed in chapter 29 and is worth considering is that it seems that the Rosario, sealed itself on his own effectively trapping Tsukune, Mizore and Tohou Fuhai inside it as well. I think we might learn more about Tsukune's significance in being the key to Moka's seal, since it looks like for Tsukune , Mizore and Tohou Fuhai to get out of the memory they would have to somehow force Moka's seal to open up again, which considering the state Moka's seal is currently in, might cause some unpredictable result's, unless Tsukune, being the key ... is able to open the seal from the inside of it ... without weakening it any further.

It also signifies that Moka's Rosario might be a lot more harder to repair then what we initially have thought., since it seems that it has some defensive mechanisms embeded inside it as well.
Old 2010-04-09, 03:51   Link #13632
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
And now I go into quote overload mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ged View Post
There was one Really interesting list on the comment you linked there...
Spoiler for compacting:

This is interesting and all, but... WHAT THE HELL?!?! Yukaris level of threath is 4?!?... so she is even more powerfull with those iron cards of hers than Mizore and Kumuru? (especialy Kumuru.. I mean she has her seduction... or what ever it's called)

whats ya think?
Well, that's probably because those were taken out of the Bestiary, and perhaps the Witches were being averaged for their total ability rather than just Yukari, since Ruby wasn't in there, so I would think they group them together by class rather than the individual pictured. In the case of witches, those spells, potions, and (in Yukari's case) devices are pretty powerful if used in certain ways, like how Wong found out the hard way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus View Post
Spoiler for compacting:

It's also quite possible those threat levels aren't up to date, or may change in the future, I can certainly see Tsukune's Ghoul/Vampiric/Hybrid form becoming stronger than he's listed as, I mean can you really see fully mind-****ed, possessed Tsukune losing to Yukari, or his form when he learns full control; he's regularly been getting stronger as the series progresses after all!

In otherwords the list is subject to change, and isn't really detailed enough.
Spoiler for compacting:
Very good noticing. That bestiary was a snapshot of the threat levels taken while season 2 was at chapter 13, right smack in the middle of the yuki onna village arc, so naturally some stats may have changed since then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Moka kicked a Phoenix in the face, I'm pretty sure she can 1HKO know-your-place Kuyou too. Anyone else notice that nobody's got a threat level #2? And what the hell, Jack Frost can FIGHT!?
Well, the one's listed there were the more interesting and familiar of the cast that got those grades. There were a couple of 2s in there, but they weren't that interesting to list anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanoe81 View Post
The Guidebook was published in Dec 2008, according to Amazon Japan. I'm still looking for a copy in the states but haven't yet.
Yeah, it probably won't make it here anyway, I ordered mine direct from Amazon Japan, and it cost me $40 for an $8 book...... You MIGHT find one at an anime convention though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus View Post
Spoiler for compacting:

Moka was recognised as being potentially the strongest of the children, and it could be that Moka's mum was more tolerant, or inclined towards peace/harmony between Humanity/Monsters. It may be a case of Daddy Starbucks and the older children were already signed up on the side of Fairy Tail, and because this attitude didn't gel well with thiers, or developing Moka into the character they wanted, and acted as an impediment, she was removed. The memories were sealed up within Moka so she would develop as expected and wouldn't become hostile/break away from the family.

She was then sent to a human school where she was hated which could have been intended, to help mould her into someone willing to join up with them, afterall before she met Tsukune she hated humanity, it was only when he became her friend her opinion changed and she realised humans weren't as bad as she had thought.

Now this viewpoint would mean Tsukune is not going to be popular, because he's ruined quite a few years of planning!

Haha, seriously theres just as much evidence for this take on events as the O.M = mum thing, and Im not convinced either of them will happen!
Indeed, that could very well be one possibility, and so far nothing to contest it.

Quote:
Spoiler for compacting:

Well regarding the oldest sister Akuha I think that what might have happened between her and Moka is some matter of conflict, but I don't know why Moka's family was scared about it so much as to even seal Moka's own memories about the event.

Either this fight have had some devastating consequences that where quickly covered up ....
Spoiler for compacting:

Another interesting thing is that we finally learned what actually Fairy Tale wanted to achieve in the Yukki Onna village ... any theories about "the egg" that was mentioned in this chapter ... since whatever it is, it seems that it's directly linked with what Fairy Tale want's to achieve. I think that it's going to produce some very strong monster spicies, and in the process reduce the barrier's power that surrounds the various places youkai are hiding in, revealing their existence to the human world. Assuming it succeeds it would probably lead to a war breaking out between humans and youkai and allow Fairy Tale to achieve their objectives.
That could be, or a both of both of those concerning the egg thing. They want to start a world war with humans, exposing the youkai hide outs is one way of doing that, since humans would want to possess the means to make those for themselves, even if they have to steal the secrets of how to make them and the transport ability of the bus as well. To have a monster that's fed from the very power of those barriers would pose possibly as much, if not even more of a threat than vampires, because if they just let the beast go rampaging, hardly anyone would be able to slow it down, much less stop it.

Quote:
Well ... probably they are all stepsister's to each other (I mean every one of them had a different mother), which means that their father must be a real pimp, since he probably had kids with four different women.

But, seriously speaking it hasn't been explained properly what kind of relationship Moka and her siblings have with each other, but judging from how they act around each other and how different from each other they look like, I think that all of Moka's siblings are stepsister's to her.
Or we could reverse the way things go and say that Moka is the odd one of the group, the illegitimate child we'll say. But we also don't know if she's blood related to any of her other sister's for sure, she could be a step sister, and her mother may have been a mistress of Daddy Starbucks. I don't know, but the lack of a common name for Moka compared to even her legit mother is disturbing.

Quote:
Step Sister isn't the appropriate term, step means they're related by parental marriage. They all have the same fathers but different mothers, therefore half sisters is the correct term.

Daddy Starbucks sure is a busy man,

I wanna see Tsukune take that path of multiple wives
Indeed, that could be too, but then again, see above. Tsukune does have that option, but only if he and Moka changes their stance on polygamy, or he just bounces her to the sidelines and keeps her in the "just a friend" box, he could very well do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
i think that might be why they brought Tsukune to a Yokai school when they saw that sending Moka to a human school wasn't working. Maybe if Tsukune hadn't met Moka the way he did they would've just made circumstances that would force the 2 of them together
That's an interesting theory, but that would surmise that they already had a hand in both of their affairs even before the story began. Like them pulling the strings at those other human schools that would normally allowed him to attend their schools, but instead fixing things to send him to Youkai Academy. Not just a sick twist of fate. But that remains a contested issue.

Quote:
I mean Outer Moka's looking exactly like her mother might be the result of her using the same Rosario as Moka.

I mean it was said, about Moka's mother and Moka, that ... though you're Aura's are different, you've grown to be exactly like her ... exactly like you're mother Akasha.

It was also said that the Rosario acts like a filter that is embedded into Moka's soul and limits her personality and abilities, which suggests that Outer Moka is a part of Moka's own personality.

So far there hasn't been anything mentioned about the Rosario being able to seal another person's soul inside it, so we don't know if it has such ability to begin with.
Depending on how this thing goes with Tsu and them in Moka's soul, it may be possible that they've been physically brought into there so they are not in the real world anymore but are now part of Moka temporarily, but there is the issue of what is currently going on with Ura-Moka (if she's still conscious), Kurumu and whoever else is present.

If Tsu and them are NOT taking a physical trip, they may just be linked to Moka via those strings and are simply taking a mental trip though Moka's sealed mind and memories, while laying where they fell at the wong temple, or whatever that place was.

But if the former is true, then it may be possible that Moka's mom physically sealed herself into the rosary to hide and guide Moka by supporting her with her own personality traits. After all, there must have been a template to follow to get Omote Moka in the first place, so her mother's personality filter was used for that perhaps.

Of course there is the other option of the good ol "split" that could happen. If Akasha IS sealed in there, they might be able to summon her, and then Moka would "seem" to split, but it wouldn't be omote but Akasha that would come out, and chances are, she won't be remembering much, or anything of Moka's life since she was sealed, and would be curious about Moka, Tsukune and their group.

And since Touhou mentioned that Akasha was a good friend of his, perhaps she had learned how to make complex seals and began work on the rosary when she learned about the plans of Fairy tale and Akua's (possibly) evil nature, and so made plans to protect herself and Moka from them in some elaborate way with this..... However, I'm also just doing an ass-pull here so we can only think on this and wait for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cio View Post

Did you see Kahlua's earring is only 1 when she is still young.
Means she hadn't developed her powers all that much yet. Or perhaps this was before her assassin training, and her power hadn't grown very much since she probably never fought seriously, or at all before the training.

Quote:
Well another interesting piece of information that was revealed in chapter 29 and is worth considering is that it seems that the Rosario, sealed itself on his own effectively trapping Tsukune, Mizore and Tohou Fuhai inside it as well. I think we might learn more about Tsukune's significance in being the key to Moka's seal, since it looks like for Tsukune , Mizore and Tohou Fuhai to get out of the memory they would have to somehow force Moka's seal to open up again, which considering the state Moka's seal is currently in, might cause some unpredictable result's, unless Tsukune, being the key ... is able to open the seal from the inside of it ... without weakening it any further.

It also signifies that Moka's Rosario might be a lot more harder to repair then what we initially have thought., since it seems that it has some defensive mechanisms embeded inside it as well.
Interesting. I hadn't thought of that, and that could even be answering that age old mystery if they bring it up, or the seal can be repaired or even modified using Tsukune as the key for it since he's able to effect the seal in at least one way.
Old 2010-04-09, 09:40   Link #13633
Chris38

I kind of started wondering what the information regarding seals might mean in Tsukune's case. I mean his Holy Lock is also a seal, which mean's, like Moka's Rosario it filter's part's of Tsukune's abilities and personality. I agree that Tsukune's seal might be quite different then Moka's, but the general concept regarding both of them should be the same right.

Now, what I think Tsukune's Holy Lock is sealing are Tsukune's violent vampire nature (the Ghoul) it probably limits the amount of power Tsukune can use as well. It kind of makes things interesting since it would suggest that Tsukune's vampire nature and his power's have already became a part of Tsukune meaning that he might already be some type of a primitive vampire already.

I don't mean that he is the same type of being as Moka, since unlike her, Tsukune still can't control himself without the presence of his seal, but he might be on his way of becoming a vampire as well, though I think there will still be a bit of differences between him and Moka if that happens.

Well, I quite agree that things might not look so simple as what I posted here, since there are still quite a few unknown's regarding Tsukune's "transformation", but this what I came up with, after I started comparing what was revealed about seal's in the latest chapter, and what we knew so far about Tsukune's Holy Lock, so Tsukune's development might not exactly occur in the fashion that I spoke of, but at least it gives you something to think about.

Last edited by Chris38; 2010-04-09 at 10:03.
Old 2010-04-09, 09:52   Link #13634
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

An "Outer Tsukune" who takes advantage of his harem would make for a comical chapter.
Old 2010-04-09, 11:00   Link #13635
SidVicious
Anime addict

Moka as Lum = Win!
Old 2010-04-09, 11:24   Link #13636
Johnny
Working the bags...

We haven't see Tsukune go all out in a long time so we don't how far he'll lose himself to the ghoul nature. Hell, as far as we know he could take the lock off and be super duper. The inner and outer Tsukune is really stretching things beyond logic so I'll just not comment. However, Hokuto seemed the same when he ripped his lock off, well expect for looking like a freak show exhibit...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 12:27   Link #13637
Marty17
Like What You Hate

Man, I love the translation of Fong-Fong's fathers name, the legendary martial artist Wong Fei Hung!
Old 2010-04-09, 13:00   Link #13638
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty17 View Post
Man, I love the translation of Fong-Fong's fathers name, the legendary martial artist Wong Fei Hung!
Haha...I noticed that too. I practically LOL'd out of my chair when I saw it.

I also a have another crack theory thanks to reading some comments on another forum: It could be possible that Moka lost control of her power in a spat with Akuha and accidentally killed her mom. The seal was to prevent her from ever losing control like that again and sealing the memory of the event.

In the Snow Village Arc, Kahula said that among the sisters, Moka is of a special pedigree. It could be possible that Moka and Akuha had a confrontation where Chibi Moka lost control over her power. Akasha could have tried to step in to stop Moka and Moka accidentally killed her. The strain of losing control and probably the shock of accidentally killing her mom might have caused Moka to pass out and have memory loss of the event.

So, in order to prevent Moka from ever losing control like that, Moka was sealed. The seal not only limited her powers and personality, but it would also continue to block the memory of Moka killing her mom in case she remembers.

Daddy Starbucks might have hid away all of Akasha's things and told Moka that she disappeared so Moka won't have to know that she killed her mom. The rest of the sisters are told to keep it secret from Moka.

It's a little crazy but it's within the realm of possibility
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 13:04   Link #13639
yongshun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty17 View Post
Now if his wife was Siu-Kwan that would have been funny as hell.

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-09, 13:15   Link #13640
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedRice84 View Post
Haha...I noticed that too. I practically LOL'd out of my chair when I saw it.

I also a have another crack theory thanks to reading some comments on another forum: It could be possible that Moka lost control of her power in a spat with Akuha and accidentally killed her mom. The seal was to prevent her from ever losing control like that again and sealing the memory of the event.

In the Snow Village Arc, Kahula said that among the sisters, Moka is of a special pedigree. It could be possible that Moka and Akuha had a confrontation where Chibi Moka lost control over her power. Akasha could have tried to step in to stop Moka and Moka accidentally killed her. The strain of losing control and probably the shock of accidentally killing her mom might have caused Moka to pass out and have memory loss of the event.

So, in order to prevent Moka from ever losing control like that, Moka was sealed. The seal not only limited her powers and personality, but it would also continue to block the memory of Moka killing her mom in case she remembers.

Daddy Starbucks might have hid away all of Akasha's things and told Moka that she disappeared so Moka won't have to know that she killed her mom. The rest of the sisters are told to keep it secret from Moka.

It's a little crazy but it's within the realm of possibility
That would be too dark and too sad. It certainly makes a nice twist, but it's mean to do something like that to sweet Moka.

It certainly is viable though.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire