Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-01, 18:07   Link #2901
WordShaker
In scientific terms only.

Send a message via MSN to WordShaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I took that as he was unable to at the time. If he knows everything there is to know about a gun, why can't he project it?
I think not being able to project something correctly is the norm for Shirou and swords are the exception, if we attribute lack of skill for his inability to project working things. UBW and his affinity with swords, as Rin puts it, offsets his lack of skill when it comes to projecting those things, and none too well. He wouldn't be able to project a gun because he's inexperienced, that's all, and a Shirou with more skill would probably be able to.

Quote:
Had to shut the kid up, right?
If only more parents buckled to their children in such a spectacular manner.
WordShaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 22:25   Link #2902
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
I think not being able to project something correctly is the norm for Shirou and swords are the exception, if we attribute lack of skill for his inability to project working things. UBW and his affinity with swords, as Rin puts it, offsets his lack of skill when it comes to projecting those things, and none too well. He wouldn't be able to project a gun because he's inexperienced, that's all, and a Shirou with more skill would probably be able to.
I don't think that is true. He scans different items when he fixes them, and studies their structure, so he might be able to trace them, but they'll just be hollow shells of prana and won't work. Guns are very intricate, and the things he traces are just hollow shells given form. Besides being close to swords, magical weaponry seems to almost have "souls" and he seems to call upon that. Shields already cost enough prana to make, I shudder to think of what complex things would cost, if they work at all. He doesn't have the prana to spare.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 23:13   Link #2903
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
I don't think that is true. He scans different items when he fixes them, and studies their structure, so he might be able to trace them, but they'll just be hollow shells of prana and won't work. Guns are very intricate, and the things he traces are just hollow shells given form. Besides being close to swords, magical weaponry seems to almost have "souls" and he seems to call upon that. Shields already cost enough prana to make, I shudder to think of what complex things would cost, if they work at all. He doesn't have the prana to spare.
Aren't we talking in theory though? In theory it is possible. His harem has got to have enough prana so I think that's covered.
Old 2011-02-02, 09:54   Link #2904
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Aren't we talking in theory though? In theory it is possible. His harem has got to have enough prana so I think that's covered.
Theoretically, yeah. Though we don't know how long those temporary contracts last, and besides which, if he's in trouble like that, wouldn't they be backing him up and need the prana as well?

But yeah, Rin even says as such when she looks in the shed at the pots, waht he makes are just hollow prana in the shape of something, they are merely illusions, just, some specials illusions are pretty darn powerful. Mundane objects probably won't work right.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 11:20   Link #2905
Cherry_Lover

I don't think he can do it, actually, even in theory. I don't think he can make such complex machinery accurately enough, especially when it's not anything sword-like. Also, I'm pretty sure Nasu has canonically stated that he can't.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 11:28   Link #2906
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
I don't think he can do it, actually, even in theory. I don't think he can make such complex machinery accurately enough, especially when it's not anything sword-like. Also, I'm pretty sure Nasu has canonically stated that he can't.
Nasu's notorious for flip-flopping canon in interviews (especially regarding power levels), so was that statement declared in-story or during interviews?
Old 2011-02-02, 13:31   Link #2907
Starfish

Can anyone tell me at what point you get the opening video for the final story arc in the game (Heavens Feel)? Was playing it before with a view to stop for today when I got to that point and ended up playing for 2 and half hours and still no opening video...

Spoiler for Plot development:

Thanks Guys
Old 2011-02-02, 14:14   Link #2908
GDB

There isn't one in the PC version of the game (which I assume is the version you're playing). Unless the people who made the Realta Nua patch for it has released another patch with that video, at least.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 16:13   Link #2909
Starfish

Ah that explains it! Thanks
Old 2011-02-02, 17:29   Link #2910
Cherry_Lover

Yeah, unless you have the RN patch which includes it, there isn't a HF intro video.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-02, 19:19   Link #2911
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
Can anyone tell me at what point you get the opening video for the final story arc in the game (Heavens Feel)? Was playing it before with a view to stop for today when I got to that point and ended up playing for 2 and half hours and still no opening video...

Spoiler for Plot development:

Thanks Guys
As said, there is none. But you are in HF, so enjoy! Be sure to visit the game thread when you are done.

On a side note, I went bonkers waiting for a OP. I wasn't sure if I was on the route or not either.
Old 2011-02-09, 19:02   Link #2912
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Does anyone know if Nasu and/or Takeuchi were involved in the making of the animes?
Old 2011-02-09, 19:04   Link #2913
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Does anyone know if Nasu and/or Takeuchi were involved in the making of the animes?
Does knowing how bad they are answer your question?
Old 2011-02-09, 19:05   Link #2914
GDB

According to ANN, Nasu is only credited with "Original Concept" (meaning no). If, by Takeuchi, you mean Takashi Takeuchi who did the original character designs, yes. He's credited with that and storyboard.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-09, 19:06   Link #2915
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Does knowing how bad they are answer your question?
Hey now... be nice. It's still a valid question; I don't want to assume or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
According to ANN, Nasu is only credited with "Original Concept" (meaning no). If, by Takeuchi, you mean Takashi Takeuchi who did the original character designs, yes. He's credited with that and storyboard.
Ah, that helps thanks. But I don't think they list every little role on there. Nasu was like an adviser for KnK and he's only listed as Original Creator, so yeah.
Old 2011-02-09, 19:11   Link #2916
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Ah, that helps thanks. But I don't think they list every little role on there. Nasu was like an adviser for KnK and he's only listed as Original Creator, so yeah.
It's never really listed on ANN because we never know the answers, i mean look how we only just found out about Kara no Kyoukai thanks to the boxset.
Old 2011-02-09, 19:14   Link #2917
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Well, we just found out. But was there every interviews released revealing this information before? Who knows.
Old 2011-02-18, 08:39   Link #2918
Polar_Lord

Projection

Regarding Shirou's method of projection, it is stated that his Noble Phantasm copies are weaker by an entire rank due to the limits of analysis by sight. However, if he were able to hold the Noble Phantasms and perform Structural Grasp magecraft or some other kind of analysis, could he negate this drop?
Polar_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 09:04   Link #2919
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
The first one? I actually read somewhere in an interview that they did make some suggestions like what they add to pad things out.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-18, 11:40   Link #2920
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar_Lord View Post
Regarding Shirou's method of projection, it is stated that his Noble Phantasm copies are weaker by an entire rank due to the limits of analysis by sight. However, if he were able to hold the Noble Phantasms and perform Structural Grasp magecraft or some other kind of analysis, could he negate this drop?
Hmmm. I believe he reproduced Avalon with no drop in rank, but that required it be a part of his body for years. So it seems he potentially can do perfect recreations, but it likely takes far more analysis than just touching the item in question.

I could be wrong, of course, but that seems like what's going on to me.