Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-11-19, 03:15   Link #101
Mr. Shabaz
Lazy Member

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shabaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
We have every single person that Ryo trusts side with Shizuka (maybe not Emiho... but she didn't say jack for either side). Everyone is telling Ryo to see the real Shizuka... but Shizuka has never been forthcoming with revealing her true self, unless she really is that brainwashed. I fear that if Ryo ever asked personal questions she'd respond like a drone...
Spoiler:
Mr. Shabaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 06:18   Link #102
TrueKnight

wtf?

after seeing eps 7, I'm 100 % sure that Ryo is doomed with Shizuka, with Emi-rin/Ojo didnt care crap about him, wtf?. Dunno why but as the previous guy said this eps made me to hate her more. I hope the rest of the eps dont centers around her. Also why do I get the feeling that this gonna turn out to be another god-forsaken-KnGE ?

and I didnt know that Static-Subs also got their hands of this.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 12:27   Link #103
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Static Subs has been subbing this one for a while now.

One of my friends who knew I really disliked Shizuka told me to watch episode 7 RAW and he guaranteed me that my opinion would change. Well my opinion did change, but not the way he expected it to. I ended up disliking just about every character a little bit more. Ryo is practically verbally gangbeat (and to add insult to injury Miki puts him in an Abdominal Stretch/Octopus Stretch).
Old 2004-11-20, 12:54   Link #104
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Being a Rizelmine rip off it was obvious from the start that he was going to end up with her. I have to admit with episode 5 and 6 i seriously thought that they were going to take a different route, and have him hook up with ojo, which would of made my day. But episode 7 just slamed itself back into Rizelmine clone mode. I mean he went from totaly hating her to sympathy in a few seconds.

Ahhh well, its still good for a laugh, but WWish is better :P
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 13:52   Link #105
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Finally, I watched an anime today! I haven't touched since anime since Tuesday until now, because I was too busy playing Half-Life 2 .
I'm still not done with the game, but almost . Anyways after seeing 07, I gotta agree with Timeless Enigma, my dislike for her remains strong. Yes, I know that Shizuka will win in the end . Only thing I can hope for this show is to make the rest of the episodes damn funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin
Ahhh well, its still good for a laugh, but WWish is better :P
It's the opposite for me. I think Final Approach is better than its "sister" show (pardon the pun) . W-Wish is very derivative as well. There's a sister (who probably isn't really his sister) who loves her brother too much, and also lives alone with him. Then there's a childhood friend who calls Jun "Onii-chan" just like his sister. And Jun's gotta juggle his relationship between the two girls. Sounds like Da Capo to me. Senna = Nemu. Haruhi = Sakura. Hmm...but didn't you REALLY like Da Capo? So I guess that's a plus for you. I concur that both shows are derivative, but Final Approach just slightly wins cause it occasionally cracks me up.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 14:10   Link #106
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
It's the opposite for me. I think Final Approach is better than its "sister" show (pardon the pun) . W-Wish is very derivative as well. There's a sister (who probably isn't really his sister) who loves her brother too much, and also lives alone with him. Then there's a childhood friend who calls Jun "Onii-chan" just like his sister. And Jun's gotta juggle his relationship between the two girls. Sounds like Da Capo to me. Senna = Nemu. Haruhi = Sakura. Hmm...but didn't you REALLY like Da Capo? So I guess that's a plus for you. I concur that both shows are derivative, but Final Approach just slightly wins cause it occasionally cracks me up.
nope i didnt really like Da Capo, i really really really REALLY liked Da Capo :P

But im a suker for these types of anime, love, romance, triangles stuff like that. Makes up for me hating mecha with a firey vengence. :P
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 14:29   Link #107
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin
But im a suker for these types of anime, love, romance, triangles
stuff like that. Makes up for me hating mecha with a firey vengence. :P
Here here!

I like W Wish better, too. Final Approach is occasionally funny but I prefer the focus to be on the romance rather than the comedy. Comedy doesn't have nearly as strong an impact.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 14:48   Link #108
LytHka
Banned

I feel W Wish has far greater complex to the storyline and the whole mysticism is really neat (Da capo was great too, better than W Wish). Though I'm not sure about the fullness of the story.
Final Approach really has a lot of things going on in those few minutes of every episode... and I think W Wish is like a perfect shell, but nothing inside. The show really doesn't have any "filling." I time W Wish and Final Approach for Froth-Bite and it seems like Final Approach has the intro, the core and the outro of every episode, where W Wish has only the intro and outro. It's like the protagonist Juuna does this and that and catches up to the story line. But Ryo goes here and there and stops by a grocery on the way and shares the candy with all other characters in the end. Maybe it's the protagonist's appeal that's getting to me. Ryo > Juuna.
LytHka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 16:06   Link #109
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I think I understand what you're saying LytHka. I too like Ryo more than Junna, and it seems like W -Wish- is more... barebones.
Old 2004-11-21, 23:39   Link #110
TrueKnight

Poor guy, he has the entire world againts him lol.

Maybe Princess Soft will take drastic meassures and then make Shizuka finally realize to understand Ryo's feeling, and hence let him go to elope with Ojo instead, . One can only pray. And I hope this show remains faithfull to its comedy aspect (the one that made us to watch this show to begin with).

Rather than....that angst W-Wish.

I dunno but seeing Junna, Senna and Haruki really gives me a depression feel. From the first eps I already dislike Junna, especially Senna...look at her big head! untill I finally found out that its actuall her hair. The later eps where Haruki finally appears really killed the series for me.... Final Approach imo has better introduction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LytHka
Final Approach really has a lot of things going on in those few minutes of every episode... and I think W Wish is like a perfect shell, but nothing inside. The show really doesn't have any "filling." I time W Wish and Final Approach for Froth-Bite and it seems like Final Approach has the intro, the core and the outro of every episode, where W Wish has only the intro and outro. It's like the protagonist Juuna does this and that and catches up to the story line. But Ryo goes here and there and stops by a grocery on the way and shares the candy with all other characters in the end. Maybe it's the protagonist's appeal that's getting to me. Ryo > Juuna
He said it best, not to mention Final Approach had better char designs.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-21, 23:59   Link #111
ramune

Quote:
and it seems like W -Wish- is more... barebones.
I totally agree with you. After watching W Wish in one sitting, I've gotten a good idea what the story is about, but I can't remember what exactly happened in each episode because they are so...hollow.

I definitely like Final Approach better. While it's nothing new, it gives me some good laughs (nothing beats the "tsuzuku" at the end )
ramune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 18:19   Link #112
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Well, I think most of you will enjoy episode 8. It returns to it's less serious and more comical side, which was a plus. I really didn't want to have everyone ganging up on Ryo again...

This episode centers more or less on Akane, and we get to see some flashbacks as well. Ryo really does care for his sister. IMO I like the relationship between Ryo and Akane more than Junna and Senna's.
Old 2004-11-22, 22:26   Link #113
Clarste
Human

My problem with episode 7 is that Shizuka's troubles (the snow) were all self-imposed. She purposefully didn't get into her car, didn't ask one of the black suits to hand her an umbrella (which they obviously had), and took a small path that apparently isn't on the way home (Ryo didn't look like he was headed that way). All this so she can be the damsel in distress that Ryo is obligated to save. She's being just as manipulative and selfish as she's always been, and we're supposed to feel sorry for her?! Sadly, she's the obvious love interest in a show like this...
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 22:37   Link #114
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I never realized that before, but that may very well be so... DAMN!!

I dislike her more now.
Old 2004-11-22, 23:42   Link #115
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Damn Bahamut...warm up the black helicopters and wear the foil hats. O wait, she does have Black Helicopters and she does keep a tracker on her. And she DID see Ryo before she walked away. Hmm.

And here I just thought she was depressed.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 01:30   Link #116
Mr. Shabaz
Lazy Member

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shabaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut89
My problem with episode 7 is that Shizuka's troubles (the snow) were all self-imposed. She purposefully didn't get into her car, didn't ask one of the black suits to hand her an umbrella (which they obviously had), and took a small path that apparently isn't on the way home (Ryo didn't look like he was headed that way). All this so she can be the damsel in distress that Ryo is obligated to save. She's being just as manipulative and selfish as she's always been, and we're supposed to feel sorry for her?! Sadly, she's the obvious love interest in a show like this...
That is certainly a different perspective into how Shizuka's mind works. It makes me wonder if she is one of those people who has had everything given to her all of her life. Now she's given a relationship, and it's not just a 'my way or the highway' deal. So it's possible she finds it frustrating this guy won't fall head over heels for her when most of the other guys portrayed in the anime would.
Mr. Shabaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 01:54   Link #117
klath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shabaz
That is certainly a different perspective into how Shizuka's mind works. It makes me wonder if she is one of those people who has had everything given to her all of her life. Now she's given a relationship, and it's not just a 'my way or the highway' deal. So it's possible she finds it frustrating this guy won't fall head over heels for her when most of the other guys portrayed in the anime would.
On the contrary, Shizuka has to be really patient to deal with him. I do not have an impression of her being spoiled (besides all those government gadgets). Ryo seems to be the more spoiled one with his attitude.

On a separate note, is anyone making avatars? I REALLY REALLY want one of chibi Shizuka in the ending where she looks back and her hair was waving. Please PM me if you are thinking about making one for me. Thanks in advance.
klath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 02:15   Link #118
neovu79

Ryo needs to end up with Ojo. They seem right for each other.

Shizuka just... doesn't seem compatible with Ryo. I think it's admirable that she wants to impress and make life better for Ryo. But while in her zeal, she seems to over do it to the point that instead of helping him, she causes more problems for him.
neovu79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 02:18   Link #119
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Heh, and here I was thinking I'd be the only one supporting Ojo and disliking Shizuka, since I'm usually one who likes other pairings but the official one.
Old 2004-11-23, 02:24   Link #120
neovu79

Quote:
... I'm usually one who likes other pairings but the official one.
Actually, I too usually like pairings deviating from the expected. For example Gundam SEED. I thought that Kira and Murrue should have gotten together.

Spoiler:
neovu79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, comedy, drama, princess soft, romance, zexcs