AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Sword Art Online - Episode 24 Rating
10 out of 10 : Near Perfect... 52 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 31 19.87%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 21 13.46%
7 out of 10 : Good... 16 10.26%
6 out of 10 : Average... 9 5.77%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 4 2.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 4 2.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 2 1.28%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 1 0.64%
1 out of 10 : Torturous... 16 10.26%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-12-16, 23:05   Link #281
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
And if I was Kirito I would have unchained her once I gained admin rights...
Come on, man. It's been two months since he's seen his wife, he was pumping full of adrenaline, and was enjoying a nice view. Leave him be.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 23:37   Link #282
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Pretty good episode. They didn't do too much rage as they could have, although disclothing Asuna was unnecessary. And if I was Kirito I would have unchained her once I gained admin rights... but other than that it was good. Enjoyed seeing Sugou get his ass handed to him. Always fun to see that kind of villain fall.
Rather than removing the chain first.. It would have been better to "Admin! Dress Asuna up!" then unchained her give her a sword and together butcher Suguo. Keep him impaled for hours in game so he can't go to Asuna's... And let him suffer with pain....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-16, 23:49   Link #283
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esebian View Post
It's not his "fault" that he killed him, it was that he did act emotionally and didn't think about the consequences; while I think nobody would do this in that kind of situation he will inevitable blame himself for it in the future.

It is not a fault for us, the watchers, but it will be undoubtly one for himself.
If you mean he didn't consider the consequences in the sense that he'll feel guilty about it later, you may have a point. But Kirito doesn't seem to be the type who overly angsts over something that was clearly not his fault and which was absolutely necessary and unavoidable in the context. With Sachi and the guild it is his fault in that he should have warned them about the chest, which of course is why he feels so guilty about it, though I don't blame him for it since I doubt he could have predicted such a disastrous outcome.

Quote:
You can always tell yourself that the murder in that case was justified, but in the end most people still crack under the pressure of thinking that they ended somebody's life.
Too true, but thankfully anime generally doesn't let this get too ugly in unless it's a really dark show.. It sucks enough to see good people who only killed in self-defense or defense of another slip into a total and complete breakdown, so it's a real relief that only dark animes let this happen to its characters, or at least brings them back from the breakdown. Except maybe those that overdo the angst. A LOT. (I could name a few where the angst is overdone, but that's something for another thread )
Old 2012-12-17, 02:44   Link #284
Hilmi98

I don't know I get the feeling like something bad is gonna happen on the last episode,like sugou reached there first or he had the chance to alter Asuna's memory or something like that,my god i hope I'm wrong! ><

OMG THAT IS SO BETTER!! They should've done that! Haha

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-12-17 at 12:11.
Hilmi98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 03:06   Link #285
Insane
Banned

Even if Asuna were to get raped, it's not like she would lose her virginity IRL.

Man, VR game sure is convenient.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 03:51   Link #286
Mubyoshi

Oh my god, this anime is beyond cliche and corny. Oh well, stuck to it for this long, might as well stick to it until the end.
Mubyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 05:38   Link #287
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilmi98 View Post
I don't know I get the feeling like something bad is gonna happen on the last episode,like sugou reached there first or he had the chance to alter Asuna's memory or something like that,my god i hope I'm wrong! ><
That's actually what I figured would've happened this episode--that Kirito and Yui would arrive to save Asuna, only for Sugou to have manipulated her memories with the now-perfected technology. I'm kinda glad that didn't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Even if Asuna were to get raped, it's not like she would lose her virginity IRL.

Man, VR game sure is convenient.
It'd still traumatize her horribly, VR or no. I wouldn't call that "convenient".
Old 2012-12-17, 07:19   Link #288
eduard3

Although I was too lazy to read through the whole topic I want to try and answer some questions or give my opinion..

1) Asuna's clothes being ripped off.
Since clothes weren't exactly explained very well in this game, I'll just take the armor durability reach 0 from an old episode to explain. The armor(aka her chest piece) probably had low durability set onto it, heck I wouldn't be surprised if he designed it to be that way considering all the creepy shit he's been doing (Teasing her by pulling the string, administered the scent of her 2 year old un-washed hair >_>, etc)

2) Pain absorber set to 0 and affecting your body despite being practically a pair of shades(new one)
Remember that they feel pleasure from eating food, it was one of the few pleasures they had living in the game for so long. We feel things because our brain excretes certain things ( I don't really wanna go deep into this), this pretty much works the same way with majority of what we feel. There are people who actually don't feel pain because of a certain injury to the head, same with other feelings.

3) Realism
Sword art was designed to be "Realistic" as well as fantasy, heck you don't see gigantic monsters lying around outside your house. Alf, although from the same system, applied magic and wings, yea...I wouldn't be looking for realism in this game.
TLDR: Same enging=/= Same game. Look at the hundreds out there using one engine.

4) Level set to 1
I'm pretty sure it was administrator level, not game level. It was said at the start that there is no "level" here so to speak.

Can't really answer others without suggesting some stuff from the novels..

Overall I'd give the episode a 8/10
After all that emphasizing that its going to be over in this ep, I expected a bigger end rather than Kirito cutting our villain into pieces.

Overall (So far, I know there's one more ep) I'd give the series an 8.5.
There's so much they could've done, so much they could've shown, but in the end it all felt too fast. I know they were just following the light novel, but this gives me the same feeling as when I finished Angel Beats. So much more could have happened, but it was restricted by episode #. Still think this is a must watch for the anime releases this year though.
eduard3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 09:50   Link #289
azenable
President of TecoT

ppl who keep saying that clothes cannot be rip off are still thinking in the traditional 2D( D & D?) game world.

this is a 4D world where u feel the wind, eat and even able to have sex. What so specially about ripping of clothes?
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 11:07   Link #290
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroboro View Post
Besides...

Kirito: Why did you kill those people?
Kayba: I forgot.
Kirito: Well screw you too buddy!
Kayaba: ... Well I was going to let you live, but if you're going to be a dick about it...

I got a laugh out of this. That sums it up, yeah.
Old 2012-12-17, 13:27   Link #291
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
Great episode. Happy to see Kirito got to save Asuna. Sugou is just lame just as Kirito said...can't even put a fight.
Old 2012-12-17, 13:40   Link #292
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

Well, since I judge the anime adaptation (animation, characters, music, etc), and not the novel, I would say that this episode was fairly good. Too bad that one baka already spoiled me the ending and I now know what they will do in the last episode...
Old 2012-12-17, 17:35   Link #293
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

escuse me while I have my knockers out during this emotional romantic moment Kirito.
Old 2012-12-17, 17:37   Link #294
Oroboro
Endless Sorceror

Not like he hasn't seen them before.
Oroboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 19:43   Link #295
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsundere Louise View Post
Well, since I judge the anime adaptation (animation, characters, music, etc), and not the novel, I would say that this episode was fairly good. Too bad that one baka already spoiled me the ending and I now know what they will do in the last episode...
Did that baka get the whip or the explosion? :k
Old 2012-12-17, 22:35   Link #296
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizoku Keenan View Post
escuse me while I have my knockers out during this emotional romantic moment Kirito.
LMAO I thought about that too...then I was like "Oh yeah, they already had sex. No biggie there."

This happens a lot though when the girl is holding the guy to comfort him. His face is right in her breasts and she never cares! XD With AsunaxKirito, it's fine because they're that comfortable with each other. But when it's two characters who haven't done....things, yeah, it can be a little awkward and distracting for the viewer!

....which is why I'm careful to draw the male's face resting on the female's shoulder instead during such scenes. :x
Yes, that's right. In my spare time, I draw mushy-wushy lovey scenes like that. What of it? You wanna fight? >:{
Old 2012-12-17, 22:43   Link #297
Ryousha
«Hecate»

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
LMAO I thought about that too...then I was like "Oh yeah, they already had sex. No biggie there."

This happens a lot though when the girl is holding the guy to comfort him. His face is right in her breasts and she never cares! XD With AsunaxKirito, it's fine because they're that comfortable with each other. But when it's two characters who haven't done....things, yeah, it can be a little awkward and distracting for the viewer!

....which is why I'm careful to draw the male's face resting on the female's shoulder instead during such scenes. :x
Do we have any confirmation about the sex scene besides 16.5, was it hinted at least at the end of Chapter 16? I mean in Episode 10 it sort of is implied, but never a true guarantee.
Ryousha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-17, 23:26   Link #298
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryousha View Post
Do we have any confirmation about the sex scene besides 16.5, was it hinted at least at the end of Chapter 16? I mean in Episode 10 it sort of is implied, but never a true guarantee.
Since relentless is rather picky about this, I'll put it in spoiler tags to appease him , but yes it did happen.

Spoiler for Some things from episode 10 in the novels:
This is why I was a bit displeased by how they toned it down in the anime. (it's not like they've never inferred sexual intercourse in anime before) For everything that isn't clearly stated, shown or at least more strongly evidenced, there's always someone, and others, who'll make a fuss and argue that it didn't happen.

Not that I'm saying this is you, Ryousha. Just that there are plenty of that kind out there.
Old 2012-12-17, 23:33   Link #299
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryousha View Post
There is not other confirmation..You could check the previous discussions way, way back to Episode 10
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-18, 01:13   Link #300
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post

Yes, that's right. In my spare time, I draw mushy-wushy lovey scenes like that. What of it? You wanna fight? >:{
It happens to me all the time, usually when I'm sitting down and the girl comes over to give me a hug and im not really in a position to stand up --> Face ends up in/on their chest, and theres always that awkward moment, but everyone plays it off as not realizing/caring haha.

Like it really doesn't matter, unless you're rubbing your face or doing something perverted.