AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-03-06, 23:28   Link #1301
Syan48306
Forgotten Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Finally, Kazuya's naiveness struck a heavy blow on Satella.
Spoiler:
While true it was a dick move on his part, I am always extremely annoyed when people, especially girls can't deal with it if you're already in that situation. I mean yeah it's not particularly nice to tell someone that, but on the flip side, would you be pissed off or hurt because a girl that you're interested in tells you that you remind her of her dead brother?

Personally, I'd find it a little awkward but nothing more than that.
Old 2011-03-07, 00:42   Link #1302
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syan48306 View Post
While true it was a dick move on his part, I am always extremely annoyed when people, especially girls can't deal with it if you're already in that situation. I mean yeah it's not particularly nice to tell someone that, but on the flip side, would you be pissed off or hurt because a girl that you're interested in tells you that you remind her of her dead brother?

It's another anime original thing, I don't believe that Kazuya said that in the manga. But I am not 100 percent sure, so I'll recheck.
But yea, at least it is fuelling my hopes that a second season will not be made.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 07:21   Link #1303
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
If you're interested, read from the beginning. The anime is missing a few scenes, both minor and important ones.
Yeah I plan to read from the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syan48306 View Post

This whole scene is a bit unneccessary because it's probably a misunderstanding to begin with. I don't see how he would have been able to say those things he said in Satella's face. And even if, I think she misinterpreted him anyway.

Btw. some people like the comparison, some not. In Level E, someone was happy when "he" heard that he resembled someone's brother and argued with "I'm so happy that I look like that person, it must be fate" or something like that. Total opposite of Freezing's situation.
Old 2011-03-07, 10:12   Link #1304
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Its pretty clear where they are going to end the series for manga readers which actually is not a bad place to end the series. For all of those who wanted some more action you will most def be getting it soon. Things are about to get very bloody!

Im hoping to get a very special scene at the very end but i highly doubt they are going to fit in.
Old 2011-03-07, 12:36   Link #1305
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for Next ep:
Old 2011-03-07, 15:38   Link #1306
winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
But yea, at least it is fuelling my hopes that a second season will not be made.
And exactly how is it doing that? I don't get it? Not following the manga in a few points means there's no possible way for a second season? Or are you just being a hater on the anime series and don't want it to go on any more?
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 18:33   Link #1307
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkel View Post
And exactly how is it doing that? I don't get it? Not following the manga in a few points means there's no possible way for a second season? Or are you just being a hater on the anime series and don't want it to go on any more?
Kind of both.

Because if they are going to skip important points, it's really hard to connect with the characters. Secondly, the next arc is going to fill up TWO volumes, and knowing many of the fan reactions who already read that arc, there won't be much positive reception. It won't be popular, that's for sure.

Ok, say we shortened that arc to a few eps, that's where another anime original arc comes in, seeing as that is the current arc and is nowhere finished yet.

Cassie was a main character of her own arc, but she seemed to be reduced to a mere side character with 15 min. Secondly, Kazuya never met Cassie in the manga so what's the point of meeting her in the anime? It just seemed like an excuse to waste time.

And next, I checked back. Kazuya never mentioned anything that she made her cry in the manga (w/e crap that just happened in the end of current ep). Seemed like forced drama to me so that we can get a cheesy end of "Well, I love Sempai because of who she is" as an ending.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-07, 19:58   Link #1308
Asuras
Dictadere~!

First episode watched. Yay...

All of the women seemingly designed by low-budget hentai artists and an entire first-half of the episode and I don't even know who the main character is. Chaotic at best and without much stuff to the fighting besides guttural female screams and "try-to-hard" gross-ness. Honestly, I couldn't even focus on the cheery girls explanation of "Gene" or whatever it was; only thing I thought of was, "Hey, here's a girl who doesn't have huge hips, shoulders, and boobs."

Not sure if I'm going to continue this.
Old 2011-03-07, 20:12   Link #1309
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Don't, if that's your point of view I can guarantee you that you will not like the series.

As for a second series, if it ever happens please let another studio handle it. Media Factory and/or A.C.G.T. added way more nudity to the show than there was in the manwha. Why show boobs when activating the weapon? Why does the clothing around the chest as well as the skirt explode if you aren't hit there while the rest cannot be destroyed no matter what? The dialogue which fleshed out the battles/characters were almost completely removed as well.

Surely Freezing isn't exactly a high-class manwha but it certainly isn't as terrible as the adaption is.
Eisdrache is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 04:27   Link #1310
DummyInc

Kazuya shld had TPS stella before making those remarks
Old 2011-03-08, 07:31   Link #1311
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Cathy is sooo cute, I wanted to see more of her. The ending was really sad, I feel for all the girls that got absorbed. Hope those Nova's get whats coming to them. And man, anime girls get impressed easily. Give them one compliment and, with blushing included, they almost fall for you.

I was reading manhwa to this point, and one thing that bothers me is...
Spoiler for someth that I saw in manhwa:
Old 2011-03-08, 08:23   Link #1312
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
Cathy is sooo cute, I wanted to see more of her. The ending was really sad, I feel for all the girls that got absorbed. Hope those Nova's get whats coming to them. And man, anime girls get impressed easily. Give them one compliment and, with blushing included, they almost fall for you.

I was reading manhwa to this point, and one thing that bothers me is...
Spoiler for someth that I saw in manhwa:
I dont want to answer that in the anime thread. Id be happy to PM you the answer if you want.
Old 2011-03-08, 14:31   Link #1313
RGB

Hurray for finally moving from pecking order squabbles to fighting the Novas. Even if Pandoras aren't doing that well.

I kinda loled when Cathy started to raise death flags moments after her introduction. Give me some time to get attached to a character before you kill her off. Shame, she had some nice inner conflicts worth exploring.

As for Satellizer, I could understand how disgusting it would be to find out that the first romantic / phisycal relationship she allowed to grow came with a side order of "sibling love". Unfortunately this will probably end up being he-doesn't-love-me-for-being-me angst fest.
RGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-08, 18:17   Link #1314
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

As time passes, and as my own free time gets squeezed, I find myself down to really following only four shows this season: Hourou Musuko, Madoka Magika, Gosick, and Freezing.

Perhaps this show doesn't push the right buttons for its target audience, but I'm finding the angsty human relations quite satisfying. And the fighting works for me, even though I am not a huge fan of fighting, normally.

This is clearly in direct competition with Infinite Stratos, which most people apparently prefer. But for me that is a shallow show, with uninteresting characters and human relations. Freezing has a lot more real human passion.

I'm not saying it's a classic, but it has some great intense moments.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 26). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru), Ben-To (Hana). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki), Kimi no Iru Machi (Rin). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Blade & Soul (Jin Valel), Soul Eater Not! (Meme), Seven Deadly Sins (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Gangsta (Nina), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy), One-Punch Man (Tornado), Onsen Yousei Hakone-chan (Goura), Hidan no Aria AA (Kirin). 2016 ERASED (Kayo), Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu), Ace Attorney (Mayoi), Tanaka-kun (Rino)....etc.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 05:15   Link #1315
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
oh, really? well, mangatron will definitely be happy.
im not happy how dare them they change her hair color from blue to green this is how Cassie Lockheart looks like in the manga
Spoiler for Cassie Lockheart Looks in Manga:
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 07:33   Link #1316
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

^Her hair looks green to me. Especially in the second pic.
Old 2011-03-09, 07:58   Link #1317
Dahak86
Classics never age

yeah, dunno how you say that in english, but I guess it's that kind of blue that tends (a lot) towards green... "aztec blue", (also said "turquoise green") maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmox View Post
im not happy how dare them they change her hair color from blue to green this is how Cassie Lockheart looks like in the manga
Spoiler for Cassie Lockheart Looks in Manga:
eh, I merely said that because of mangatron's strong "green-hair" fetish.
maybe it'd be more complete with a 'leg-scissor' or something...
Old 2011-03-09, 18:39   Link #1318
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

The anime is not even close to the quallity of the Manga

But for an ecchi type of Anime, I like it =) and if one dos not connect the Manga and the Anime one should come to the same conclusion.
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-09, 19:47   Link #1319
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
As time passes, and as my own free time gets squeezed, I find myself down to really following only four shows this season: Hourou Musuko, Madoka Magika, Gosick, and Freezing.

Perhaps this show doesn't push the right buttons for its target audience, but I'm finding the angsty human relations quite satisfying. And the fighting works for me, even though I am not a huge fan of fighting, normally.

This is clearly in direct competition with Infinite Stratos, which most people apparently prefer. But for me that is a shallow show, with uninteresting characters and human relations. Freezing has a lot more real human passion.

I'm not saying it's a classic, but it has some great intense moments.
I really agree with Kaoru Chujo. I do like IS its entertaining to a point. However, it sticks the standard of many girls falling for one guy who happens to be clueless about their affections to the backdrop of mech fighting. I do happen to think the IS suits are very cool looking. However, it lacks the human factor i found myself looking for in anime after these long years of watching anime.

Freezing goes a lot deeper than most viewers can see in terms of human personal and relationship growth. This is why i wish it was running longer so they squeeze the manga material which only adds the human angst and relationship building. Its no masterpiece but the potential it has is pretty high if only it capitalized upon.
Old 2011-03-09, 20:01   Link #1320
Dahak86
Classics never age

Spoiler for OVA 2 - (nsfw):

and here's where Freezing truly excels, imho.

Tags
action, ecchi, seinen