AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-05-03, 21:02   Link #381
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Honda handled the thing about a potentially lethal problem in their products better than those who created these Giftias.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...cord/25016685/
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-03, 21:13   Link #382
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Well, at least one thing is for sure, I love those lethal legs
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 00:38   Link #383
Mubyoshi

I like my android anime like Eve no Jikan and Chobits etc., but this one is getting to be a bit stupid.
Mubyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 00:56   Link #384
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Honda handled the thing about a potentially lethal problem in their products better than those who created these Giftias.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...cord/25016685/
People don't exactly have sentimental attachments to cars... and the article... terrible, I really hope that Takada company doesn't exist anymore.
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 02:07   Link #385
rladls2121

I rewatched the episode.

Is it right to think Giftias as humans and wrong to treat them as tools?
I guess that is the question.
But then again it is just too out of place.
Even though memories with them is real, but the heart too?
This is like treating a tool as more than just a tool like it obviously should?
As for the people who don't, still have to treat Giftas as human because other does?
Michiru, she thinks of her father as her father, not Giftia.
And dislikes R Security because what they did and how they treated Giftias as mere objects.
I mean just dislikes them for being that way, i'm not sure if she thinks that is wrong though.
Even though she refused to let her Giftias to be retrieved.
I don't know why, but I'm really curious how this upcoming episodes carries on.

Limiters, limiters, and limiters.
Why?
I'm thinking if there are Gifitas turned into Wanderers even way before the expire date.
To simply put, some people might take advantage of this kind of features and might throw the whole country into chaos by releasing all Wanderers all over while the culpit takes what he/she wants during the confusion and flee.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 05:42   Link #386
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeando View Post
was guessing the same, but still, domestic giftias should not need the same force of labor ones
Well, who knows what will happens in the future?

They (and us) may involved in a traffic accident, attacked by stranger, etc.
Giftia having super-strength would help if those worst case scenario happens.

As for super-strength on normal usage, I can see Giftia helping its owner carrying stuff when the owner decided on moving to new resident.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 06:29   Link #387
Draco Spirit

Thing with the Giftia, is there very clearly self aware. Can you really call something a tool when it could have a good debate with you about the nature of reality? Gifitia don't just have logic, they have feeling and deep thought going off in there heads.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 06:57   Link #388
abc0716

http://www.afachan.asia/2015/05/plas...s-in-singapore

I only went the first 2 places (nearby Hong Lim Complex & Chinatown MRT station) they mentioned before, but still somehow found this is quite a fun article to read.
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 07:12   Link #389
Draco Spirit

Makes me wonder if someone in the art side of the company enjoyed a trip there.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 07:18   Link #390
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post
Thing with the Giftia, is there very clearly self aware. Can you really call something a tool when it could have a good debate with you about the nature of reality? Gifitia don't just have logic, they have feeling and deep thought going off in there heads.
Yeah, but if humans had a best-use-by date, after which they became PCPed-up berserkers, not retrieving them before that happens would be completely irresponsible.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 09:54   Link #391
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
Spoiler for space:
I'd make it so that the wandering syndrome appears randomly, and can only be identified via routine checkups. The sections jobs would be changed to routine 'interviews' of Giftias that are out in the field to identify those that have the possibility of becoming wanderers and bringing them in for termination.
I quite agree on your whole post. And I completely missed that particular reference, probably due to NGE predominant ones

And about that, yeah, now I can easily see those interviews you are speaking of ...
Spoiler for interviews:

I also now got why Giftias have limited lifespan, that's because
Spoiler for explanation:

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 13:28   Link #392
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
I quite agree on your whole post. And I completely missed that particular reference, probably due to NGE predominant ones

And about that, yeah, now I can easily see those interviews you are speaking of ...
Spoiler for interviews:

I also now got why Giftias have limited lifespan, that's because
Spoiler for explanation:
Those would have been some nice homages.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 15:16   Link #393
MartianMage

Watched the latest episode... all I have to say is that the current story is incredibly contrived. <_<
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 19:07   Link #394
Mangonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Was not expecting that tragic turn on events. I knew the Black market guys would cause trouble but I was not things to go like that.

I do not know what was up with that last scene though.
Its a grid with names and white or red magnetic dots next to the names. In the zoom in Zack and Tsukasa are shown with white dots and Isla has no dot. Before it zooms in someone has a red dot with what I'm assuming is a description of what they're up to. My guess is white dot = in office and red dot = out and about with no dot = absent/on leave. Lack of a white dot could also mean shes off duty again.

The scene where Tsukasa shoots was very cliffhanger-y as to whether or not he hits Isla with the eraser-gun. I suspect Isla is injured emotionally/physically and hopefully we'll finally get some proper exposition on her past next ep.

Edit: To all those complaining about the plot being 'contrived' its a work of fiction so some contrivances are necessary to make for an interesting story. Random goings-on with no purpose are slice of life, this is not that genre. The only things that sticks out is Souta's presence and the eraser gun having to fire a visible/tangible projectile (the latter is easily forgiven this is a visual medium and using a shut-down remote is not visually interesting). The rest has been foreshadowed to some degree at least one episode in advance. Black market guys/Giftia-shelf life/Isla-Michiru-Kazuki having some unfortunate history/Tsukasa being soft. If the pacing is making things feel contrived thats just the nature of the anime beast.

Last edited by Mangonel; 2015-05-04 at 19:23.
Mangonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 19:39   Link #395
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangonel View Post

Edit: To all those complaining about the plot being 'contrived' its a work of fiction so some contrivances are necessary to make for an interesting story. Random goings-on with no purpose are slice of life, this is not that genre. The only things that sticks out is Souta's presence and the eraser gun having to fire a visible/tangible projectile (the latter is easily forgiven this is a visual medium and using a shut-down remote is not visually interesting). The rest has been foreshadowed to some degree at least one episode in advance. Black market guys/Giftia-shelf life/Isla-Michiru-Kazuki having some unfortunate history/Tsukasa being soft. If the pacing is making things feel contrived thats just the nature of the anime beast.
Contrivances don't make an interesting story. Contrivances detract from an interesting story. If a story needs contrivances to set up plot points the payoff would need to be significant for the audience to keep up their of suspension of belief. For a lot of people, episode 5's payoff was not.

A contrivance that did work was the initial setup of the 10 year limit. It was pretty ridiculous and not really grounded in anything but most people accepted it in return for a potentially good allegory about dealing with the loss of loved ones.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 19:39   Link #396
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangonel View Post
To all those complaining about the plot being 'contrived' its a work of fiction so some contrivances are necessary to make for an interesting story.
Not at all. You don't need any contrivance to make an interesting story. Contrivances are usually a result of lazy writing: not putting enough thought into your setting, not doing a proper research of the topics and themes you writing about, that kinda thing.
Old 2015-05-04, 19:54   Link #397
HandofFate

And even if a work of fiction does want to throw some contrivances into it, they're usually much better at masking it.
Old 2015-05-04, 19:56   Link #398
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I was personally expecting the story to be Key levels of drama from the initial concept and the choice of studio. (From Gekkan Shoujo and D-Frag, I expect Dogakobo to have some kind of preference over bright palettes.) Instead, we get this shit about berserking robots. Can't they just dwell over a simpler concept?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 21:09   Link #399
Psyco Diver

I like the fact their finally trying to inject some back story but I dunno, this series just isn't getting me. Its a shame it looks good animation and sound wise, the story is good on paper which is why I started watching it but I dunno maybe I expected to much?
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-05, 08:47   Link #400
mergele

So far I'd recommend to watch the first two episodes and then stop. It began really strong, but whenever they try to put in some backstory and fill the world it makes it worse.
The things I could remember spontaneously that made no sense to me in the last episode:
Spoiler for Things that made no sense in the last episode:

Sorry for the unorganized structure.
I have no fundamental problem with fiction, unexplained rule sets and coincidences, but all of these were really really bad.

Last edited by mergele; 2015-05-05 at 09:00.
mergele is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
love triangle, sci-fi, tragedy