AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-09-30, 06:27   Link #261
Gun_Seraph

There a differences in Sizes depending on the Type of battalion.

Infantry Battalion are, as you said, 300-400 Soldiers strong, usually compromised of 3-4 Companies, which those again consisting of 3-4 platoons.

Now, a tank battalion has the same basic structure: Battalion > Company > Platoon
On Platoon usually consists of 4-5 Tanks, one company about 15-20 and a battalion usually around 80 - 100.
But that's just the tanks, they do have troops - crews, technicians and general support staffs, so 150-200 personal.

It differs from army to army, but considering the Knight(mares) seem to be the "heavy weapons" akin to tanks in this series, you could probably estimate a knight-company to be in that same ballpark.
Gun_Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-30, 06:39   Link #262
laon
Hantai

That would be true if the term used in this context is not coined after the fact, not the other way around :
Quote:
After hearing the reports of the guard and the destruction to the stronghold, the pilot's faces show shock and awe. Who would have known that a battalion level demon beast will show up at a place so far away from demon beast highway? A battalion level demon beast requires a battalion of silhouette knights (about 300) to defeat it. But there is only a squad (9) of silhouette knights stationed at this outpost, 10 silhouette knights if you include the captain. This is enough to keep duel level demon beast (equal to 1 silhouette knight in power), but is overwhelmingly under strength to challenge a battalion level demon beast.
http://pastebin.com/jK3b5Kqf

Raw text from WN
Quote:
 師団級と称される魔獣は、その名の通り倒すためには一個師団規模(約300機)の幻晶騎士が必要とされる 。
laon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-30, 06:44   Link #263
Mampi
Blah Blah Blah Mage

^
nvm he already got it.
"A battalion level demon beast requires a battalion of silhouette knights (about 300) to defeat it."
A sentence from when the behemoth was reported to the town in ch5.
The Silhouette Knights are counted on a infantry level.
Old 2014-10-10, 06:57   Link #264
Reaper Phoenix

No matter how many times i read it I couldn't help laughing in scenes where girls hug Ernesti like it's natural (and he gotten used to it).
Old 2014-10-10, 07:00   Link #265
techblade

They see him more as a toy rather than a man is why they can do that.
techblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 07:11   Link #266
DarkSilverSky

Quote:
Originally Posted by techblade View Post
They see him more as a toy rather than a man is why they can do that.
How can they see a man, if there isn't one there in the first place? Remember that Eru gender is an Hideyoshi.
DarkSilverSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 07:16   Link #267
laon
Hantai

I can't get the joke since Eru act really manly (as in not acting like Hideyoshi did, not GARmanly) but okay.
Old 2014-10-10, 08:17   Link #268
Reaper Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by laon View Post
I can't get the joke since Eru act really manly (as in not acting like Hideyoshi did, not GARmanly) but okay.
Yeah. Though Ernesti looks like a cute young girl that you want to hug to death, he does act manly. I for one wouldn't have dash off to fight Behemoth.
Old 2014-10-10, 09:22   Link #269
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper Phoenix View Post
Yeah. Though Ernesti looks like a cute young girl that you want to hug to death, he does act manly. I for one wouldn't have dash off to fight Behemoth.
Well, at that time he was just excited to finally ride & fight in a giant robot. So a mix of bravado & childish whim I guess.
Old 2014-10-10, 09:39   Link #270
sayf82

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
Well, at that time he was just excited to finally ride & fight in a giant robot. So a mix of bravado & childish whim I guess.
i laughed so hard when he got angry at the behemoth with the argument that only robots can destroy robots
sayf82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 12:00   Link #271
bludvein

Eru's fight against Behemoth wasn't really bravery, but his specific kind of insanity. Behemoth was just convenient for a test drive.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 12:16   Link #272
laon
Hantai

Uh yeah okay sugarcoat it all you want, I consider that courage due to his confidence on his own strength fueled by his maniacal desire. It's not zero sum game, those emotions can coexist together. All the time during the fight, he can't be that clear headed if he were blinded by his obsession like you guys think.
Old 2014-10-10, 13:28   Link #273
BigNobody
The Former Apprentice

BTW not related to Knights and Magic but Skythewood just picked up Altina the sword princess http://skythewood.blogspot.sg/2014/1...-princess.html . Here's the thread if you want to discuss about it http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=121507&page=4

IMO Eru's decision to face the Behemoth was both courageous and stupid.

Last edited by BigNobody; 2014-10-10 at 13:43.
BigNobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 01:26   Link #274
jaydreadzz
Love Miku x Rin <3

although im kinda disappoint a little for discontinued Eru still im still glad for new project
Old 2014-10-11, 02:07   Link #275
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

^It's not discontinued, it's just the skythewood uses the light novel's Chinese RAWs. When volume 2 comes & he acquires it, he will continue as usual.

Although a new interesting project is rather welcome.
Old 2014-10-12, 09:34   Link #276
gecko1985

http://skythewood.blogspot.sg/p/blog-page. has an English translation of volume on
gecko1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 08:32   Link #277
travelingbum

yay after 2 months a WN ch update
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 10:16   Link #278
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydreadzz View Post
although im kinda disappoint a little for discontinued Eru still im still glad for new project
Sky uses the chinese version of the light novels, of which, vol 1 just came out in August.

He's not doing the web novel version because there's too many changes between versions.
Old 2014-10-13, 10:46   Link #279
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Sky uses the chinese version of the light novels, of which, vol 1 just came out in August.

He's not doing the web novel version because there's too many changes between versions.
Speaking of which, do we have any idea of when the Chinese version of vol2 will be out?
Rasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 10:47   Link #280
Mampi
Blah Blah Blah Mage

Really? Except the beginning where the order of events were changed I didn't see much a change in the rest of vol 1.

Tags
fantasy, magic, magitech, mecha, not-harem, over powered mc, reincarnation, romance, trap, webnovel