AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: High School DxD Light Novel - DX.3 (Short Story Collection) Rating
Perfect 10 3 27.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 18.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 18.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 9.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 18.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-11-28, 21:16   Link #81
Parry999

He doesn't kmow ele loves him yet.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-29, 00:29   Link #82
Lucidrago

This was Asia's chance to get ahead. With none of the other girls around and her being alone with Issei. That was a golden opportunity. And plus Issei's family already believes they're doing it.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-29, 00:49   Link #83
Parry999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
This was Asia's chance to get ahead. With none of the other girls around and her being alone with Issei. That was a golden opportunity. And plus Issei's family already believes they're doing it.
Ishi Abandoned her lol. Wonder if she did bad in japanese popularity polls. For Akeno to steal the number two spot and Rose got the oppai powers know. Though there is not much left for that character anyway.
Old 2017-11-29, 02:06   Link #84
Lucidrago

No one really matters except for Issei, Rias, andAkeno to fans of DxD. Most fans act as if Asia's role is nonexistent. Try to find a fanfic of her and Issei despite her being the first girl in the series to fall for him and first to live with him. Try to find a fanfic of her having sex with Issei before Akeno despite Asia being 2nd in the harem. Yeah

Asia's role has been diminished although we can say that about every girl. For example between Volumes 7 and 22 there wasn't a IsseixAkeno ecchi scene to be found? Well the fourth arc did get down to business.
Old 2017-11-29, 02:34   Link #85
Parry999

That's because Ishibumi realized she was popular, but at the same time didn't want to change her to much.
Old 2017-11-29, 09:31   Link #86
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Ise proposed to Rias and Akeno in Volume 22 because it was their Volume. Well, the in-story reason is that it was their graduation present. Asia is still number 2 technically, with Akeno being number 3. But keep in that the ranking is the girls' anyway - Ise himself doesn't think of any kind of ranking aside from Rias being number one.

Also, if anything, Ise would prefer to give his first time to Rias if he had a choice. So that's why Ishibumi won't write him giving it to any other girl.
Old 2017-11-29, 11:43   Link #87
Lucidrago

That was just a joke about Issei and Asia having sex.
Old 2017-11-29, 12:00   Link #88
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Well, I guess that's fine then. But I'm just saying.
Old 2017-12-24, 23:27   Link #89
Lucidrago

Well I don't know what I was expecting but this short story was just OK. It seems like DX3 has dipped in quality compared to the last 2 DX volumes. It's good. But much blander than what I would expect from Ishibumi. Maybe it's just me.

Well Xenovia and Irina's first time meeting each other was fine I guess.
Old 2017-12-25, 11:50   Link #90
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I liked it, though. It's nice to know how they met. Irina's reaction to Xenovia's shorter and partially dyed hair was hilarious. I do agree that it was rude of her to laugh like that, though.
Old 2017-12-25, 15:20   Link #91
Lucidrago

These short stories just don't have those over-the-top hilarious LOL/LMAO moments the other short stories did. Like Ishibumi's heart wasn't really into it.

But besides that, that vampire's comment about mix-breeds was very interesting. Because think about it. We have Dhampirs like Gasper and Valerie. Then there's Vali and Akeno. And then there's Teodoro Legrenzi who is considered the strongest among the Miracle Children. So this era has given birth to some powerful half-breeds.
Old 2017-12-25, 15:26   Link #92
Lucidrago

And I'm guessing Xenovia didn't meet Nero until after this story. And Caesar Villiers, Irina's superior, is currently Uriel's Jack. There can be a mini-series about Xenovia's and Irina's time as warriors for the church.

EDIT: Sorry for double-posting ahead of time.
Old 2017-12-25, 17:45   Link #93
DragonOsman
Dragon King

So you think a DxD side-story that isn't funny is no good? What's a (side-) story that's meant to be serious? Did you get spoiled by the funny side-stories in DxD or something (just a light-hearted question, don't worry)?

Irina's superior from back then being Uriel's current Jack was an interesting tidbit of info. But as for mix-breeds. I thought he was only talking about vampires. Considering the context.

Why didn't you just edit your original post if you have the time to apologize for double-posting?
Old 2017-12-25, 19:54   Link #94
Lucidrago

I did it before I realized and posted it and then I realized it. Then I went back and edited as you saw on my former post.

It's just like the short stories in DX3 are merely just trying to be funny but end up falling flat. Like Ishibumi just dropped the ball on this volume and didn't have his heart in it. It just shocks me that someone like Ishibumi who has written a lot of truly hilarious moments that you can read thousands of times and still laugh your butt off is basically failing at comedy in this volume. Just my opinion.

But then again CrossxCrisis is a fanfic that Ishibumi liked and decided to make it into a short story and part of DxD. That explains the surprising lack of details and how empty it felt.
Old 2017-12-25, 21:39   Link #95
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Where was it said that it's based off of a fanfic? Did I miss something?
Old 2017-12-26, 09:21   Link #96
Lucidrago

I just suddenly remember it saying somewhere that CrossxCrisis was written by a fan and Ishibumi liked it and made it a part of the story. That might explain how this is basically the first short story without Issei and the surprising lack of detail.

I just remember hearing that somewhere. I'm sure Bennia Lover or nom@n can confirm it.

EDIT: I just checked the High School DxD wikia page for DX3. And it said that CrossxCrisis was a fanfic that Ishibumi approved and published.
Old 2017-12-26, 10:02   Link #97
bluestahli1

CrossxCrisis was about what?
bluestahli1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-26, 10:51   Link #98
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Did you read it? Well, there's a hint in the title of the short story if you can notice it.

@Lucidrago: Ah, thanks for confirming it. So it's really based off a fanfic. So some fan thought up a back-story for how Irina and Xenovia met and Ishibumi approved it and made it canon?
Old 2017-12-26, 11:52   Link #99
Lucidrago

Yeah. I just wish Ishibumi adjusted it a little. I know it's too much asking a fan to have awesome writing skills but I wished Ishibumi filled in the gaps and added some details in.

CrossxCrisis is about Xenovia and Irina first meeting.
Old 2018-03-29, 14:57   Link #100
Sekiryuu12
God Member

DxD DX Vol 3 Translation Project, Life. 7 Graduation Trip and Vortex Bunch is out and damn, Rose is too cute.
Sekiryuu12 is offline   Reply With Quote