AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2020-06-03, 01:32   Link #1041
dark44

when well we have actual fights why the author waste alot of chapters on training fights instead of real missions
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-03, 05:46   Link #1042
James Rye

Those are actual fights, not training. Fighting humanoid Trigger Users is important for B-rank as the Aftokrator and Galo Invasion have shown. Training would be fighting the fake Computer Trion Robots as those only operate on programs and unlike humans cannot "think on their foot" though I bet there are highly intelligent trion robots as well as Replica has proven by his existence. Plus this tournament is also a prestige thing - the higher your rank the higher your prestige as an agent group which could be positive for your branch like new agents might get interested in joining Suzunari or Tamakoma or another branch. It basically shows your growth as an agent.
Old 2020-06-03, 10:20   Link #1043
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Did Osamu start a fad?

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2020-06-04 at 02:05.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-03, 18:45   Link #1044
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Did Osamu start a fade?
Ain't a fade when only one person uses it after Osamu. XD

I liked how Ashihara offered his rare CP to give Nasu squad a colored farewell for their very last match as a team. This guy is such a softie for his characters. <3
Seems like Suwa is in control of this match but Nasu is giving them all hell with her Viper, sniper feints and Meteor traps. Katori left Rokuro in charge for this match so they are far more careful than usual but it didn't helped as now Katori is on her own up against 4 agents and with her having 27 points she gonna need the survival points if she wants to get past the 30 points of Yuba squad (which they don't know about but they know about Suzunari's 30 points). Chapter ends with her using the wire trigger, it will be interesting to see what she intends to do with it and how it gonna help her vs 2 2-teams left on the battlefield.
I for one hope she can get a lot of points and get to top tier using that trigger.
Also with Nasu and Suwa having 28 points and Katori 27 as well as with 5 agents left (aka 4 points with at least one agent surviving) in the match and 2 survial points on the ride there is still a chance for Yuba squad to fall if Nasu and Suwa get 3 points each. If Katori manages to get 4 points then Yuba would stay in top tier due their high ranking at the start of the tournament.
I think this might go for 2-3 more chapters before this final mid-tier match finishes.

Btw, I looooooooove how you can see when Nasu drops the meteor cube she would later aim at, love those little details, also damn good aim even with an Operator's help, Nasu is no joke. <3

https://twitter.com/sorasuu1/status/1261251782753374208

Also this is really impressive, can't believe this got done by one guy, wow. And he got a lot of other videos of his progress on his twitter.
Old 2020-06-03, 23:39   Link #1045
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I will say it is nice how they managed to make this match interesting. You can care to some degree about all the teams in it and pull for them to varying degrees. I will say I'm a bit more interested in seeing either the Nasu squad or Katori squad pick up the win here, but even if Suwa does come out on top that's fine .

It will be interesting to see how things go. Does feel like a long road is still ahead for Katori. She basically went full out the other way in just doing whatever Rokuro decided. That in itself is kind of interesting since it does show Rokuro the kind of pressure there is in being asked to make team decisions. But it also may be going a bit too far the other way in Katori going passive and not playing to her strengths.

Of course there is the very emotional reason for Nasu's team to win out here. At least let their sniper go out on a high note.
Old 2020-06-04, 10:37   Link #1046
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Suwa team will most likely end up last. This match's meta purpose seems to be a send off to Nasu team and a display of Katori's growth.
Old 2020-06-04, 11:42   Link #1047
James Rye

Katori would have to show an insane amount of growth though. Her team is at zero points, she is up alone against two 2er-teams who are used to support each other and she needs 4 points to not drop to mid-tier. This not gonna be easy.
Old 2020-07-01, 16:58   Link #1048
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Saw the news a few days ago but forgot to post: no chapter this month due to the author's poor health
Old 2020-07-01, 17:52   Link #1049
James Rye

Hope his health gets better and that he is up on his feet for next month. WT is probably going to be his last work, so he can take his time and regen as much as possible. I wouldn't mind reading monthly releases of WT for the next ten years. 10x12x2= 240 chapters. That would sound lovely.
Old 2020-07-01, 19:17   Link #1050
Wandering Soul

That sucks. Hope he recovers.
Old 2020-08-02, 18:26   Link #1051
James Rye

I've seen the raw! Guys, you are in for a treat! <3
Old 2020-08-03, 14:52   Link #1052
James Rye

Ch.198:
Katori was badass! Getting 4 (thus 6) points all on her own was too much of a challenge but she took down Suwa and Nasu in STYLE! The knee-socrpion was awesome as was the offensive spider moves targeting the legs. But even the defeated were still going strong with Suwa freeing Tsutsumi and Nasu firing her bullets on Tsutsumi before defeat meaning she made the swift decision to expect Katori to be defeated by Tsutsumi, damn! I really liked how both Tsutsumi and Hiura were the last ones standing in the last match of the season. Not captains, not aces but averages Joes doing hard honest work. Hiura finishing her last match with the one kill that earns her team the one point to get into 7th place above all the 30s, that was really sweet. No wonder she cried. What a way to leave her team. *sniff*
I hope Katori gets send on the away mission, she has the skills and now motivation and determination to be really good. Like even after her defeat she didn't threw a Tandrum, she accepted it and moved on. Girl has grown up a lot since her defeat against Tamakoma.

And again the tiny details like the tiny arrow cubes in the panel below Katori's legs when she pressures on Nasu! Love it when I see those moments in the panels. <3
Tsutsumi's fake out with the left shotgun and Hiura aiming for the guts were also nice moments! Love it when even side characters have their moment of glory! <3

Ch.199:
Those SoL chapters of WT are really good. I like how you can see that being an Agent is just an option, a job for most Agents in Border. Either you leave due your parents decision or do your own to get a job as an engineer somewhere else. Those moments are needed and it is good that Ashihara gives so many pages to the lives, strives and goals of the side characters and not just the main ones.
Like seeing Kanda for just one chapter yet the way all the characters act and due the way they had spoken of him before (and how he did actually act lol) it didn't felt weird or out of place. You had all the former Yuba and current Yuba squad members saying good-bye to one of their teammates on their way to a civil live. That also is sweet. Like look at Kanda, the detail with his hair and his eyebrows, he looks cool, not like a character you will never see again! That is a super care from Ashihra to a character who is basically a side character to the side characters. Same with Obishima crying when hearing the same words from Kanda she had heard from Yuuma when she died in the match. Giving a side character such frustration when it is most likely we will never have a 2nd B-rank tournament in the future is very nice for her characterization. Most mangakas would have cut all those pages and put the focus on the main guys and their main rivals as those matter for the next arc. Ashihara on the other hand gives all his side characters a warm pat on their shoulders/heads and that feels very nice as a reader to read.
Same with the farewell of Hiura like seeing her mom apologize or having the small info drop about Sayo not being able to deal well with guys so Nasu's cousin and Hirua's mentor decided to not be there to say good-bye or the mention of the sniper gathering. All that gives those characters purpose and meaning which is good, albeit to know about the Sayo stuff you had to read the bio of Nasu's team, lol.^^
Hiura nominating Izuho was such a "I CALLED IT!" moment and I bet a lot of us hoped this would happen! XD
Now I want to see the next B-rank tournament even more! Which we never will! >.<
As for the person Osamu and Yuuma have to see my guess would be Kiriyama as he is the only person of the trio who formed HQ after the fall out with Old Border we have yet to see.

What were your thoughts on this arc finally ending after so many MANY years? I was a bit nostalgic tbh, not gonna lie. Feels ages ago when the B-rank tournament started and we only had names but no faces and people to connect to most of the future opponents of Osamu and friends. And some like the Solo Yolo Agent never got shown (hope he gets shown in the Captain meeting which I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally wanna see happening! I wanna see Osamu as 2nd B rank Captain facing all the Captains he defeated or was defeated by while sitting next to Ninomiya which he btfo in the last match! XD).
LIke this was a really big arc of WT in its 199 chapter long story. And it was a really good and important one in my opinion as well. And even though it was so long I gonna miss it, lol, just a bit. But I am really exciting to see the next arc coming - the trip to the neighborhood! <3
Old 2020-08-03, 16:36   Link #1053
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

This is essentially the one tournament arc that I didn't want to see end. World Trigger does FFA's like no other series. Most other series don't even try to do a proper FFA, and when they do it always devolves to a set of 1v1's. Saki is the only other series off the top of my head that tries... and well, Saki jumped the shark with the Mahjong realism a long time ago unfortunately. In any case I'm looking forward to what the author has in store next.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-03, 17:28   Link #1054
Wandering Soul

Katori did pretty good. She learned from her past and really made amazing work of spider. She didnot win, but that's to be expected considering this was all about giving Nasu squad a proper send off.

As for the guest at the end, I agree that's it most likely Kiriyama.

It feel almost unreal that this tournament arc is finally ending after all this time. It may have gone on long, but it was a pretty fun ride due to having entertaining characters and the way Ashihara handles fights and team battles.
Old 2020-08-03, 18:49   Link #1055
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The rank wars are finally over! It's not that I didn't enjoy them, but I've been looking forward to seeing the Neighborhood for so long. I hope the exam stuff will be short.
Old 2020-08-04, 03:13   Link #1056
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I wonder how long Izuho will take to make B-class. Isn't it kinda hard for snipers?
Old 2020-08-04, 05:56   Link #1057
James Rye

Top 15% of the tests get B rank. So it depends on your work and how often you visit those tests and such to raise your rank till you make it.
Old 2020-08-04, 07:26   Link #1058
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I wonder how long Izuho will take to make B-class. Isn't it kinda hard for snipers?
Not really that hard, what really gimped her is the fact that she is the sniper TBH. Take Hyuse route to B rank = 4000 points

C - rank start with 1000 points.
Perfect in all match+ training score = 3000 points.

From the words of the idiots trio, we know that getting to 3000 points is actually not that hard.

Now assumed that Izuho is clearly unable to be perfect in both training and starting match, she should be at still around at least 1500-2000ish points after all that. Remember, Izuho is a member before the invasion, so She should has quite a bit of trainning points stack ups, definitely increase more with Toma trainning helping her aim better. Assumed so, Izuho should be possible at 3000ish points by now.

What make it hard on her is that she clearly can't perform solo fight to earn points as she is a sniper, but consider the time and the fact that she clearly isn't gimped by trion like Osamu. I'd say she probably can make it in 1 or 2 months, and definitely before the next rank wars since we have the invasion arc next, and a lot of top team along side A rank individuals like Kou or Ema who also go will leave B rank wars practically impossible to run during the entire invasion, which is likely more than enough time for Izuho to to pick up her way to B rank
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-04, 08:09   Link #1059
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Not really that hard, what really gimped her is the fact that she is the sniper TBH. Take Hyuse route to B rank = 4000 points
That's for non-snipers. Snipers have different rules where the accumulation of points isn't enough. (And that Chika bypassed, but she has special circumstances.)
Old 2020-08-04, 08:16   Link #1060
James Rye

Snipers gain points with their tests as they can't do those 1 vs 1 battles as gunners/shooters and melee as they would spawn in front of each other which defeats the purpose of a sniper remaining undetected. Added to that is that only the top 15% get a chance to move up to B rank as a sniper once they got enough points to do so. So becoming sniper is a tedious work.

Tags
action, shounen stargate