AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2011-09-01, 11:42   Link #61
punchyout

Someone mentioned Erika's VA is Kuwatani Natsuko (Asakura in Suzumiya Haruhi), but I haven't heard many roles from her so I can't tell if it's true or not.
punchyout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 12:06   Link #62
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchyout View Post
Someone mentioned Erika's VA is Kuwatani Natsuko (Asakura in Suzumiya Haruhi), but I haven't heard many roles from her so I can't tell if it's true or not.
Now that you mention it, it does sound a bit like her.

(How the hell do I embed a video on AS with time tags? Whatever, 02:30)
On another note, Alchemist is going to showcase this game at the Tokyo Game Show con, right?
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 12:14   Link #63
AyaSai

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post

I think we all felt it was obvious after hearing her voice, so a confirmation is nice. There is no other seiyuu named "野沢 雅子" that anyone knows of.

Still, I kind of fail to see the purpose of withholding the new actors' real names...
野沢 雅子 = Masako Nozawa?
AyaSai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 13:58   Link #64
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchyout View Post
Thank you, that's almost definitely her.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 15:32   Link #65
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyaSai View Post
野沢 雅子 = Masako Nozawa?
Indeed. Some troll found the time to edit an image of a magazine article and make it seem like Erika was to be voiced by a seventy-something-year-old woman best known for playing a certain well-known anime character who screams half the time.

I just know what you should be doing.

Last edited by immblueversion; 2011-09-01 at 16:29.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 16:08   Link #66
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Aasakura wasn't part of the SOS Brigade, rather the one who is missing apart from Aya Hirano is Yuko Goto.

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2011-09-01 at 16:36. Reason: spelling
Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 16:22   Link #67
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Yuki Goto would probably do a nice seven year old Yasu or something.
Old 2011-09-01, 16:28   Link #68
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Shouldn't Yasu's voice be ambiguous enough so to not let you get what's the gender?
Yuko Goto usually acts on very feminine roles.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 18:50   Link #69
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Fair enough, but Yasu was certainly raised as a female. It could be justified.
Old 2011-09-01, 20:25   Link #70
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Fair enough, but Yasu was certainly raised as a female. It could be justified.
Why can't they just use Sayaka Ohara for Yasu? I mean, it's Yasu who ends up becoming Beatrice as she usually looks. Plus I'm sure she could pull off a perfectly fine, androgynous-sounding child's voice.

Of course, this makes one wonder whether they'd use Ohara for Lion. Then again, Lion's appearance is merely assumed on Bernkastel's part, so I'd imagine the voice could be too.

Old 2011-09-01, 20:27   Link #71
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Sayaka Ohara...androgynous-sounding child's voice.
I disagree.
Old 2011-09-01, 22:19   Link #72
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
I disagree.
How so? She's played both young boys and young girls. What makes you think she can't strike a balance between the two, or whether or not they should use Beatrice's voice for Yasu, who I believe is most strongly represented through Beatrice?

Old 2011-09-01, 22:26   Link #73
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
How so? She's played both young boys and young girls. What makes you think she can't strike a balance between the two, or whether or not they should use Beatrice's voice for Yasu, who I believe is most strongly represented through Beatrice?
I just remember really hating young-Beato's voice in the anime (who I assume was Sayaka Ohara). But maybe I was thinking too young for Yasu's voice.
Old 2011-09-01, 22:41   Link #74
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
I just remember really hating young-Beato's voice in the anime (who I assume was Sayaka Ohara). But maybe I was thinking too young for Yasu's voice.
So, then, she could use a different voice. Or maybe even the voice she uses in the PS3 game, which is ever so slightly different than the one she used for young-Beato in the anime. Then again, Yasu is supposed to be so frail that she comes across as six years old, which I'd say is around Beato's age range in that one scene.

My point is, Sayaka Ohara has a very flexible voice judging from other roles she has performed, and thus should not be judged solely on a single role, particularly one that, as expressive as it is, does not cover every single expression or voice style known to man simply because it is only one character capable of so much.

Old 2011-09-01, 23:32   Link #75
cronnoponno

Eh, I hate to sound like a crash here, but I am not quite fond of the voices for Erika and Dlanor.

I imagined Dlanor's voice to be a little more....robotic, and not cute sounding like it is. It's a good voice, but it just didn't feel so right for her, but this is only my opinion.

Erika's, well I was pretty sure her voice would be like that, but I hoped her voice would feel like it had more authority like Bernkastels, now SHE had a good voice.

Plus, due to the all the letters at the end of Dlanor's sentence being capitalized(not sure if that's because she shouted it but) it really made me sad how she didn't shout at the end of her sentences.

I also was not too fond of Erika's appearance, the expression where she's looking at you, makes her look WAYYYYY too young, I'm not talking 13, it's kinda creepy.

That being said, Dlanor looks nice, and the artwork for everything else looks great. Zepars voice is a bit of a giveaway....but I guess it's nice that the question gets answered.

Klashi, you said you didn't like Zepar and Furfur's art? Is it the poses they do? They make hearts with their arms being locked together with a giant X in it.
cronnoponno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 23:45   Link #76
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

I think it's funny people think Zepar's voice is a giveaway when they're still voiced by a female.
Old 2011-09-01, 23:46   Link #77
cronnoponno

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
I think it's funny people think Zepar's voice is a giveaway when they're still voiced by a female.
I figured it'd be dumb to try to consider the possibility that it's just a really masculine voice, but I guess I shouldn't put it past....
Old 2011-09-02, 00:39   Link #78
Witch of Trolling

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronnoponno View Post

Plus, due to the all the letters at the end of Dlanor's sentence being capitalized(not sure if that's because she shouted it but) it really made me sad how she didn't shout at the end of her sentences.
Her way of speaking was different in the Japanese version, I believe. I guess Witch Hunt just decided to interpret it by using the capitals since it might not have been something that could directly translate into English.

Someone that reads the novels in Japanese can probably explain this better than I can.
Witch of Trolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-02, 00:47   Link #79
cronnoponno

I heard a lot of Japanese words can be spelled differently and mean the same thing, so does the capitalization imply that she's using a different word than you'd normally expect?

Sort of like BATTLER.

I was worried it'd be that way, I like the idea of shouting better, but I'm cool with it either way.
Old 2011-09-02, 02:33   Link #80
LtheMilkEater

Quote:
Originally Posted by cronnoponno View Post
I heard a lot of Japanese words can be spelled differently and mean the same thing, so does the capitalization imply that she's using a different word than you'd normally expect?

Sort of like BATTLER.

I was worried it'd be that way, I like the idea of shouting better, but I'm cool with it either way.
If memory serves, anything of that sort written in capitals is not meant to be said loudly, but instead signifies that the word was written in katakana originally. In the case of Battler and BATTLER, the distinction is between 戦人 and バトラ respectively.

For Dlanor, the ends of her sentences are written in katakana rather than hiragana, so desu (です) becomes DESU (デス), etc. If I remember correctly, this is meant to imply that her speech is rather robotic or monotone, not that she shouts at the end.
LtheMilkEater is offline   Reply With Quote