AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-12-27, 09:30   Link #81
Breimn

Vol 1 of LN is out in english , go buy it/check it.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-31, 01:09   Link #82
The One Above God
Kamijou

Summary reminds me of Hyaku ma no Omo. I hope the translations continue for this one -_-.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-31, 23:21   Link #83
bakato

So if I got this straight his patron god Gracefeel AND the enemy god of undeath Stagnate both have the hits for him?
Old 2017-01-01, 09:11   Link #84
sasuke706

Stagnate definitely has a thing for him (she has a severe hero fetish and wants hero demigod babies) despite their beliefs not lining up well at all.
Patron god is hinted to by her acting like a jealous kuudere whenever her sister hits on him.
Otherwise, Will's luck with women is god awful. He at best gets to the friend-zone and it's obvious.
I think I recall him doubting at one point that his no luck with romance could be divine intervention.

Apparently gods having kids with heroes isn't too rare of a thing, by the way. Well, heroes themselves are rare, but you get my point.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-02, 03:01   Link #85
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Since this series is being published as a light novel I will move it to that forum.

That being so, all the permitted aspects we allow web novels, including linking to them and a translation in the first post, will be removed. No further links to fan translations are permitted.

For more questions go to: https://forums.animesuki.com/faq.php...antranslations
Old 2017-02-04, 15:10   Link #86
R~S
ヽ( ´¬`)ノ

That first volume was awesome.
Old 2017-02-08, 17:42   Link #87
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

i love this series, it is very similar to Mushoku Tensei as they are both about MC earning redemption after wasting their past life. And unlike the other tensei series, there is no easy cheat mode. The only cheat the MC has is his memories form his past life and it does not included him knowing how to farm or built gadgets. The MC earn evey but of his power and abilities.
Old 2017-02-08, 18:53   Link #88
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i love this series, it is very similar to Mushoku Tensei as they are both about MC earning redemption after wasting their past life. And unlike the other tensei series, there is no easy cheat mode. The only cheat the MC has is his memories form his past life and it does not included him knowing how to farm or built gadgets. The MC earn evey but of his power and abilities.
I didn't like Mushoku Tensei. It's one thing to try and redeem youself after living a miserable past life, but it's another to have driven your mother to death and not even go to her funeral, but I do like this series. Main characters trying to live better second lives always sounded like such a bullshit, eye-rolling concept to me when I read it in other stories, but the genuine sincerity here really helps me feel some sympathy.

His past memories and knowledge allow him to really make the best of his unusual circumstances and fortuitous upbringing so it feels less like a cheat.

My favorite part is the magic mechanic. It and gods follow the conceptual trope that's been all the rage recently, but makes it less of a cheat. Gus is a true Gandalf dishing out useful, realistic advice. He knows magic is limited and risky so he advises Will to avoid it. Blood teaches him muscle and none of that overcome power with technique that's been a little too overdone.

Just checked j-novel and they're finally starting volume 2. Can't wait to see where Will goes.
Old 2017-09-25, 08:06   Link #89
darkdhaos

Now there's a manga adaptation of Saihate no Paladin on Comic Gardo.
darkdhaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-30, 06:52   Link #90
ozman

orgazmic awesomeness...
Lord of rings and isekai fusion never be told this good.
Damn this is a huge diamond of all 3 novel book .
I will probably die when it s an anime....
ozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-15, 08:20   Link #91
ozman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozman View Post
orgazmic awesomeness...
Lord of rings and isekai fusion never be told this good.
Damn this is a huge diamond of all 3 novel book .
I will probably die when it s an anime....
2 nd part of Rust mountains hit the stores and

Glourious,Really stunnig,!!!
ozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-16, 08:10   Link #92
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozman View Post
2 nd part of Rust mountains hit the stores and

Glourious,Really stunnig,!!!
It is pretty glorious... It's got everything that The Hobbit had _plus_ it's got crazy strong ass-kicking main character instead of Bilbo.
Not that there was anything wrong with Bilbo but, well, we're in the pop-culture era of the super-hero after all.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-21, 12:37   Link #93
teddychan
Dj Pedobear

Send a message via Yahoo to teddychan
hmm.. so it's like mushoku tensei hmm...

I wanna see the manga first hehehe
then I'll decide if I'm going to buy that shit hahaha

http://t.garena.com/70462784
Find Dj aya or Dj Pedobear for more info

Greetings from Anime Daisuki!
AnimeDaisuki was created by saiben32.
For the Purpose of Inviting other Anime Lovers out there to talk and listen about anime.
AnimeDaisuki is a Room for Anime, Game and Music.
We welcome everyone to join our room.
Come and join and be an ULTIMATE OTAKU!
teddychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-21, 20:29   Link #94
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddychan View Post
hmm.. so it's like mushoku tensei hmm...

I wanna see the manga first hehehe
then I'll decide if I'm going to buy that shit hahaha
only in the most basic sense that the theme is redemption.

otherwise it is closer to lotr then MT.
Old 2017-11-23, 12:25   Link #95
teddychan
Dj Pedobear

Send a message via Yahoo to teddychan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
only in the most basic sense that the theme is redemption.

otherwise it is closer to lotr then MT.
Justus R. Stone in youtube said

"He Never Read Mushoku Tensei, but Basing on it's Summary
it's similar redemption path like Faraway Paladin."

that's why it got me here hahaha

http://t.garena.com/70462784
Find Dj aya or Dj Pedobear for more info

Greetings from Anime Daisuki!
AnimeDaisuki was created by saiben32.
For the Purpose of Inviting other Anime Lovers out there to talk and listen about anime.
AnimeDaisuki is a Room for Anime, Game and Music.
We welcome everyone to join our room.
Come and join and be an ULTIMATE OTAKU!
teddychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 16:19   Link #96
Pierre

Okay there is one thing that bugs me and its not the romance angle, its basically the same problem I have with High School DxD.

How the hell can the Creator aka God be killed? None of the good or evil gods have managed to kill each other and even when they lost a physical form they continue to exist. Yet somehow I am to believe the God that made all other gods, was killed by a handful of evil gods. How? What were the good gods doing at this point? And does this outright contradict Gus claim that the evil gods aren't evil just that they are portrayed as such?

I mean clearly what happend was that the Creator being around would be a Deus in the room, but couldn't he have just said and once the Creator was done he left back to the unknown place he had come from.

Diablo the game has the same glaring problem, where somehow a clearly superior being is killed , while weaker created beings can't be killed completely throwing power scales and common sense out the window.

Also just an aside, while the romance in and of itself doesn't matter to me, by definition as a human, a romance , an eventually wife, and kids, is by itself part of a fulfilling life. So if that is what Will strives for then he really shouldn't go the celibate route.

Last edited by Pierre; 2018-04-20 at 16:40.
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 17:19   Link #97
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Okay there is one thing that bugs me and its not the romance angle, its basically the same problem I have with High School DxD.

How the hell can the Creator aka God be killed? None of the good or evil gods have managed to kill each other and even when they lost a physical form they continue to exist. Yet somehow I am to believe the God that made all other gods, was killed by a handful of evil gods. How? What were the good gods doing at this point? And does this outright contradict Gus claim that the evil gods aren't evil just that they are portrayed as such?

I mean clearly what happend was that the Creator being around would be a Deus in the room, but couldn't he have just said and once the Creator was done he left back to the unknown place he had come from.

Diablo the game has the same glaring problem, where somehow a clearly superior being is killed , while weaker created beings can't be killed completely throwing power scales and common sense out the window.

Also just an aside, while the romance in and of itself doesn't matter to me, by definition as a human, a romance , an eventually wife, and kids, is by itself part of a fulfilling life. So if that is what Will strives for then he really shouldn't go the celibate route.
Yeah. It totally doesn't make any sense and there's absolutely no precedent except in nearly every big name pagan mythology.
Old 2018-04-21, 02:36   Link #98
Pierre

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Yeah. It totally doesn't make any sense and there's absolutely no precedent except in nearly every big name pagan mythology.
My problem specific with Paladin is why aren't any of the lesser gods killed, if the creator god can be killed? The gods should be dropping like flies, if the one god who just said everything into existence can be killed. I feel like its more like an allegory or a aesopic tale, because it sounds impressive and gives great meaning to words if the "creator" got killed for being careless.

Also other than Norse Mythology, as far as I know in Greek/Egyptian Myth, the other 2 of the big 3, I don't believe the "creator" was killed. Zeus was the son of Uranus/Ouranos, who in turn was the son of Aether, who was the son of Chronus, who was not killed as far as I know. And even then Chaos is considered by some the first god and he was also not killed. Ra is traditionally thought of being the top god in Egyptian myth and as far as I know he wasn't killed either. Even with the Norse mythos, Odin doesn't quite fall neatly into that creator role. True these polytheistic religions do have some gods that can die, but typically the closest thing to a creator god does not.

And in the case of Dxd its complete nonsense as its the Judeo Christian God that dies. Who is explicitly omnipotent/omniscent in most forms of Christianity.
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 03:41   Link #99
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
My problem specific with Paladin is why aren't any of the lesser gods killed, if the creator god can be killed? The gods should be dropping like flies, if the one god who just said everything into existence can be killed. I feel like its more like an allegory or a aesopic tale, because it sounds impressive and gives great meaning to words if the "creator" got killed for being careless.

Also other than Norse Mythology, as far as I know in Greek/Egyptian Myth, the other 2 of the big 3, I don't believe the "creator" was killed. Zeus was the son of Uranus/Ouranos, who in turn was the son of Aether, who was the son of Chronus, who was not killed as far as I know. And even then Chaos is considered by some the first god and he was also not killed. Ra is traditionally thought of being the top god in Egyptian myth and as far as I know he wasn't killed either. Even with the Norse mythos, Odin doesn't quite fall neatly into that creator role. True these polytheistic religions do have some gods that can die, but typically the closest thing to a creator god does not.

And in the case of Dxd its complete nonsense as its the Judeo Christian God that dies. Who is explicitly omnipotent/omniscent in most forms of Christianity.
Dxd is loosely based on real life Religions. The God of Bible didn't just die because of one series of event but several that led him to his demise. He sealed trihexa, Ddraig and Albion, beings that could kick other Gods asses and managed to fight in three way war.
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-23, 22:59   Link #100
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Wow. Late comer to the party but finishing the first volume, this was actually amazing.

In all honesty, I'm starting to detest a lot of the LNs I come across to because of its harem aspects, but this one didn't even have a 'main heroine' in the first volume. I thought the title 'Paladin' was just in name, but Will is an honest to goodness DnD Paladin. Sure he has some Wizard multiclass due to Gus, but his training and coming of age is pretty much textbook Paladin backstory. And the isekai aspects actually tie in to the story and his major coming of age decision as well, so props to that. For once I am not rolling my eyes it's an isekai, which admittedly is the other thing that made me hesitant to pick this up.

As a Paladin type player and this being much closer to the western fantasy fiction I'm more familiar with, this is right up my alley.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
different world, high fantasy, paladin, reincarnation, undead