AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-21, 11:38   Link #1161
BishounoTeresa
bitch in the shell...

well here it is, it turned out longer than I thought, but hope you like it, and umh someone's gonna need to continue it cuz I don't have the mind power to do it, so uhm maybe Mikke would do it, since the second part is suppose to be about his past...

Epic Soul Searching - A Dark Beginning – Part III – “How he met the deceptive enchantress” /part 1/

After walking all night and day, and an unexpected collide with a NW patrol team leading to a fight, the five companions who were on their way to catch up with NSW and his team, were at the end of their strength so Shelter decided it would be best if they take a couple of hours of rest. After all they would be no good in a fight if they pas out from exhaustion. Mikke was protesting to that saying that they shouldn’t waste time, but after a short verbal fight with Bishou he gave up.

So they set up a camp in a clearing, surrounded by massive trees. Shelter prepared dinner that everyone was looking forward to since they haven’t eaten all they, especially Weirdo who was in his usual state of exhaustion, amnesia and a temporarily low IQ after using his powers, and then went to have a stroll. Enara was slowly healing, Bishou seemed to be fully recovered and Mikke was constantly complaining about wasting time, how everyone was slowing him down and everything else he could peck about, just so that he can find a vessel to pour his anger in.

Weirdo: Oww…my head hurts…those guys that came at us, don’t remember everything yet, but I think one of them hit me hard with something…
complained Weirdo as he was about to take a big bite from a big hunk of meat he got his hands on.

Bishou: It would be more accurate to say that he used you to hit something. After you tripped and fell that troll sized guy picked you up and used your head to make a hole in a nearby tree. He just made a huge groove in it though. Then I killed him and you as usually went berserk with your yoki, me and Enara had to hit you a couple of times to knock you out, so that you don’t awaken.

Weirdo: Oh, that’s a relief …my head still hurts though…

Mikke: Would you stop complaining, this is nothing compared to what we’ll have to face if we don’t make it in time to stop NW’s plan…
Mikke snapped, being angry and annoyed with everyone.

Bishou: Oh, would you give it a rest already, we get it ok…gee, you practically tore apart two of those guys and still you haven’t let all the steam out? If you wanna fight so that you can get it off your chest, go ask Shelter, I’m sure that after he kicks your ass you’ll feel much more relieved.

Mikke: tch…look who’s talking, at least I fought and what did you do?!

Bishou: Help Weirdo not to awaken, and btw I did tell you two idiots that there was no need to fight, since Shelter would finish off that patrol in about 5 minutes, but no you had to rush in, and that moron over there followed you of course. And what happened in the end, him getting beat up and out of control, and you were about to get killed cuz you weren’t paying attention while unnecessarily chopping to peaces the corpses of those guys, be thankful that Shelter was there to save your dimwitted ass!

Enara: Hey guys, come on, this is not the time to be fighting each other…

Mikke: Don’t butt in Enara, you were the one to tell us that we have approximately a week, before Hell activates the “sleeper cells”, and we have to catch up with NSW who’s a day ahead of us, before he gets to Hell!

Enara: Yes, Mikke, and we will, but even if we get there before NSW, you know that in the end we will have to…

Mikke: WHAT!? Kill him!? Stop saying that already!

Enara: I…

Bishou: DON’T YELL AT HER! You know she’s right……hey, HEY! Don’t turn your back on me when I’m talking to you! You dolt!

Enara: Mikke wait I didn’t mean to upse…

Bishou: Let him go, he won’t listen to you anyway. He’s always like that, pretends to be tough, but when you hit a nerve, he has bursts of anger and now after that he’s gone off somewhere probably crying…sheesh.

They both turned their heads to see Mikke disappearing in the thick forest.

Enara: I really, didn’t mean to upset him…it’s just that we have no other choice but to…

Bishou: I know, but he…he doesn’t want to accept it. That would mean loosing another friend, like he let down Hell, and he’s not that angry at us, more like he’s angry at himself for not being able to something more. Mikke and Hell go long way back since they were in prison.

Enara: They must be really good friends .You seem to know him pretty well too.

Bishou: Huh?...eh well, it’s not hard for me to figure out and predict the actions of a simpleminded dolt like that hehe……and we do know each other for quite some time now I guess…

Enara: I see, although you fight a lot, you must be really good friends too, to stick together so long.

Bishou: Uhh…well, he’s not that bad, but I can’t say we’re good friends, I mean I’m kind of picky when it comes to those who surround me…we’re more like well-known acquaintances. And the reason we stick around together for so long, well in the current situation this is one of the choices I have, and I can’t leave that idiot just die without paying me back!

Enara: Paying you back? For saving his life so many times…

Bishou: What? Well for that he’ll never be able to repay me and for all the trouble I got into because of him, but at least he will have to pay me back the money he owes me!

Enara: Huh? Money..?

Bishou: The money he stole from me back when we had just met, I was still working for NSW, and…well it’s a long story.

Weirdo: Eh, story? You’re telling stories, I wanna hear, I wanna hear!

Enara & Bishou: WHAA!?

Enara and Bishou both jumped of their seats from surprise when Weirdo started shouting all of a sudden. Till that moment he was silently chewing on his hunk of pork meat, paying no attention to whatever was happening around him.

Bishou: What the…I thought I told you to stop startling me, you numskull!

SMACK!
Bishou hits him over the head.

Weirdo: Ooowww…what was that for!? I’m injured you know! Oww, my head…so are you still gonna tell that story?

Bishou: What..?

Weirdo: The story you and Enara were talking about, so are you gonna tell us, huh? I love stories before bed time!

Bishou: Ehh…stories before bed time…?... What are you five years old!? turns to Enara Hey I thought that after awhile he gets back to normal after surprising his yoki, why is he like this?

Enara: Well he does, but how much time it takes that depends on how much damage he took and how much yoki he used, guess we might have hit him too hard to knock him out.

Bishou: Oh great, now I’m stuck with an oblivious and mentally 5 year old Weirdo…

Weirdo: Story? He sits by Bishou, making puppy eyes, that were begging. Please?

Bishou: Ehh…

Enara: I would like to know what happened too, besides this will keep us awake till Shelter and Mikke come back.

Bishou: Well, alrigth. I’ll tell you what I know, and what Mikke told me after the events that lead to our agreement, it happened a little more than a year and half ago, while I was still working for NSW…

Flashback

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the middle of September. Drops of rain were falling down on the dry earth, coming as alleviation to it after the hot and dry summer. But for the people of the village Arda situated in the small, beautiful valley on the shore of the river Arda, surrounded by mountains and woods, it was just another rainy day. And as the skies were grey and gloomy so was the villagers mood. Just a few could be seen on the main street, each in a rush to finish whatever business they had, so that they can go home away from the water pouring over them. Two of those people covered with worn out cloaks were seemingly in a hurry to go in the villages tavern. As they were walking fast towards it they whispered so that no one else can hear what they were talking about.

Anima: There it is, the tavern. That’s where we meet my contact in the NSW section, he’ll give us the information we need.

Mikke: This is stupid, we already know that there would be a squad dispatched to hunt us and the most likely place they would stay is here, all we need to do is wait for them and kill them once they come.

Anima: It’s not that simple my friend. We don’t know who exactly we would be facing. From what I’ve heard, here in the south there is one squad that has been putting down rebellions one after the other, with almost no casualties and with no failures so far. If that is the taskforce they send after us, we might have a problem taking them on without having a good plan and enough information on them.

Mikke: You think and worry too much sometimes. With the manpower we have now we can take them on, no doubt about it. The south isn’t a high priority, so in the worst case they will be middle class warriors. There is nothing to worry about, we’ll kick their asses once they show up just like the ones before them.
With that a huge grin came onto his face.

Anima: Heh…Indeed we have been successful till now, and I do admire your enthusiasm, but it’s better to be safe than sorry. Now let’s go, we look suspicious standing in this rain, and we can’t let anyone hear what we discuss.
What they didn’t notice, was that as they passed by one of the dark alleys on the way to the pub, someone was standing there listening.

As they entered nobody payed attention to them, it wasn’t uncommon to see mercenaries or traveling peddlers stopping by for the night, especially in a weather like this. And that was the way the two friends were disguised, so that they don’t stick out in the crowed, giving that there were “wanted” posters with their faces all over the region. So they merged completely with the mass of villagers and traveling warriors. What caught their attention was something that they didn’t expect to see there – a group of 5 warriors wearing uniforms with the mark of NSW and NW – the two lords that governed all the lands together, one situated in the south and one in the north. These without a doubt were NSWs soldiers.

Mikke: What the…they weren’t suppose to be here in another 3 days…what the hell happened?

Anima: This is why I said we shouldn’t rush in things like this, what would have happened if all of our man were to come here today…we would be the ones being ambushed.

Mikke: Maybe so, but still there are just 5 of them, you and me can take them on easily.

Anima: As reckless as ever…sighs don’t even think of doing such foolish things. Come now let’s sit, and wait for my contact, in the mean time we can find out some information for the soldiers here.

Mikke: Tch…fine, we’ll sit here, but that informant of yours better show up soon, or else I might get bored and then I’ll start a fight with those NSW worshipers.

Anima: Your never gonna change, are you…sighs and pulls a chair on a table in the back of a room and sits on it, Mikke does the same.

Not long after the owner of the tavern who also served as a waiter came to their table to take their orders.

Owner: What will it be laddies?

Anima: Two portions of your fine roasted pork meat, and a jug of wine. We want to fill our empty stomachs and rest from our long journey here.

Owner: Aye, for the food I can help, but for a rest place I can’t. Ya see the last room was taken yesterday from that hunting teams captain. He nodded at the direction of the table that the 5 NSW warriors were dining.

Anima: I see. But may I ask you a question good sir?

Owner: Aye, and call me Ivan, that’s what everyone here calls me.

Anima: Alright then, Ivan, may I ask what is this hunting team doing here? Perhaps they’re hunting an Awakened being?

Ivan: They’re hunting alright, but not a god damned monster. Ya see, this is one of the teams of warriors the big bosses send to get rebels that are now roaming these lands, they’re here to catch them and bring them back to trial for treason. They came here 3 days ago, first the group of these 5 over there, then the day after another 5, and yesterday another six came, one of them being the leader of the whole team. They be on their feet ever since they came, checking out every part of the village and all that surrounds it, looking for the band of fugitives. Hope they don’t find them here, cuz if they do, there be a lot of trouble for us. Well then, is there anything else ya boys want?

Anima: I understand now, thank you that will be all for now.

Ivan: Alright, I’ll be back with yar dinner soon, before that I’ll bring ya the wine ya wanted. After that Ivan turned around and started walking towards the kitchen to give their order to the cook. And a few minutes later he came back with the wine. And went to tend to the other customers.

Anima: See now, why I thought it would be best to not rush in, they were expecting us! How do you think that the two of us could take on 16 warriors!?

Mikke: Well... the odds might be slim, but we could still we could kill some of them and then go and get the rest of the guys. They can’t be that thought besides we’re 25 man, we have the advantage.

Anima: 25, but half of them are low class fighters, the others are at best middle class. I knew that we should have planed this better!

Mikke: Relax, we’ll get through it somehow. Now then, lets see if your guy on the inside has something important to say, from what you’ve told me I think that’s him over there, what was his name…

Anima: Belzifer.

The man Mikke and Anima were waiting for had just entered the pub and was now looking for the person he was to meet there. He was tall, in his late 20s, with brown hair that was sticking up in a weird way. He bared a couple of scars on his face, showing that he had experience in battle. When he finaly spotted his long time friend Anima he started walking towards his table, but stopped right in front of it looking suspiciously at the person sitting next to Anima whom he didn’t know. Seeing this Anima said calmly:

Anima: It’s ok, he’s a friend of mine and associate in my work who accompanies me, you needn’t worry.

Belzifer: If you say so, then I’ll take it as true.
He pulled a chair and sat, not long after Ivan came with Mikkes and Animas dinner and another glass of wine for Belzifer. After that he went back to the kitchen, leaving the 3 alone. Finaly they could talk serious.

Anima: Well friend, what news do you bring me?

Belzifer: I’m sure you’ve noticed it already, that the hunting team you were planning to ambush is ahead of you…

Mikke: Yeah, tell us something we don’t know. Mikke interrupted as he was being annoyed.

Belzifer: As I was saying they are already here, it seems that someone gave away information about your plan so things were moved ahead of schedule and the captain of the team split it in 3 parts, one was send here immediately to keep an eye on things, and staying with the other 2 of them to finish of the “cleaning” in a town west of here, once the situation was under control the 2nd small team was send here in case you showed up and the first needed support, and when the fight there was all over the 3rd small team including the captain came here so that they could wait for you. I’m sorry that I couldn’t warn you sooner, but I just recently found out about this. You see, the leader of this team is under the direct command of NSW and doesn’t answer to anyone else. It was only by accident that a colleague of mine happened to witness the meeting of the two and overhear the plan, and then comment it before me. My hope was that you’re smart enough not to make the first move and wait till I make up some excuse to come here and tell you this.

Anima: And for that I thank you my friend. I know you risk a lot doing this to help me.

Mikke: You had to make something up just to come here? What did you tell them that you were going to do so that they would let you go on such a business trip?
Asked Mikke with his usual suspicion.

Belzifer: Well I called in a favour from a guy who owed me and he took a day off, and since there was no one else to take the job at the moment I was appointed to do the task.

Mikke: And what was that task?

Belzifer: To meet with the leader of the team.

Mikke: What!? he almost jumped out of his chair hearing that.

Belzifer: Calm down, I’m just here to deliver payment, it’s a lot of money – 2 milion berras, so they couldn’t give it to some newbee to carry it. That’s where I came in, and using this to come here, to give out to you as much as I know, I’m not the type to turn my back on an old friend in need, right Anima? grins at him

Anima: Indeed, you aren’t and thank God for that. smiles back

Mikke: So is that all that you can tell us? Now we know that there isn’t much to their plan from what you’ve told us, and that someone betrayed us and is giving out information on us, just like you on them. What about the warriors that are in the team?

Belzifer: They’re middle class warriors, nothing special but they can work good together. Your main problem would be their leader.

Anima & Mikke: Their leader?

Belzifer: Yes. Their leader. Although not the best there could be, a good leader and a smart one too. Rumour has it that NSW personally appointed every member of this team, starting with the leader, who agreed to work for him in some terms that only the 2 of them are aware of, we’re talking about tight connections here. At first sight there’s nothing special, however…from the information I’ve gathered the gossip about this particular team having no failure till now is true. There must be something that they’re not giving away, because no ordinary middle class warrior with no abnormal physical strength or anything special at all can get out alive, not to mention the winner of the kind of missions they were send to. Don’t let the looks fool you, cuz you never know when……

He paused as something caught his attention, causing him to change expression and face color for a second, then came to his senses and finished.

Belzifer:…the Devil is gonna come through the door.

After that Mikke and Anima turned their heads to the door, to where Belzifer was looking. And their eyes fell on the most peculiar sight.

Out of the rain and into the tavern someone had entered. Someone who bulged out in this crowed of commoners, mercenaries and rough warriors who stopped for a drink or a good night sleep. It was a young girl. Tall about 5,25 feet, with that smooth face and slim figure, had to be in her late teens, she gave the appearance of a school girl, harmless and innocent looking. You’d think that kind of a person would never be seen in this kind of a place. And as she walked in, silence was made. The customers just stopped eating, some even spilled their drinks as she glared her surroundings before taking a seat on a table near a window. Not payind any attention to the various kinds of looks everyone in the room gave her, she sat calmly and waited for Ivan to come and attend to her. Curiously, the awkward stillness that took place in the pub didn’t seem to bother her, and what was more curious was the way she was dressed. In a seemingly expensive completely black outfit consisting of a traveling cloak, shirt with shoulder and fore-arm armour on it, trousers cramed in tall boots, and a middle sized traveling bag hanging on her left side. This is not how a school girl would be dressed, and what was more a school girl wouldn’t wear a huge sword strapped to her back, nor the same emblem on her shoulder that the NSW soldiers wore.

Belzifer whispered leaning close to his long time friend and fugitive Anima:

Belzifer: That’s her. The leader of the hunting team.

To be continued…

*The darkness will rise from the deep
And carry you down into sleep...*
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day to make you like everybody else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting...

Last edited by BishounoTeresa; 2008-04-21 at 12:44.
Old 2008-04-21, 14:55   Link #1162
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
That was very good Bishou. But yeah Mikke should do the next part.
Old 2008-04-22, 07:11   Link #1163
Mikke
Sleepy Male Claymore

Epic Soul Searching - A Dark Beginning - Part III - *dual bladed hex ripper* - Part II
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Removing her soaked to the last fiber black, linen cloak, the humble looking young woman approached the bar stand and hopped on one of the round, high stools set in a row along the counter. Unlike the phlegmatic, introverted types that usually sit by the stand; that with disregard to the bad luxurious status of the accomodation, is somewhat considered to be the casual "spot light" of the tavern, the girl made her presense clear and rather provokingly, sitting cross legged, showing off the shimmering silver ornaments on her black boots.

Down with a tenth shot o' rum, the senses were becoming too bleared to rely upon; mixed emotions and the reality that was the outcome of too many unfortunate events was overcoming Mikke as he saw such behavior from an agent of his sworn enemy, more than irritating but belligirent.

Not letting himself mingle in a suspicious manner, Belzifier stood up and went to greet his superior and keep her company, while Anima and Mikke listened carefully to every word that's being said.

Belzifier: Great news miss! We have a leak on some illegal arms deals scheduled for the next few days. One of them will occur right here in Arda, tommorow.. Approximately these hours.

Bishou: And where is it going to take place?

Belzifier: Our informant is still working on that..

Bishou: Still working? Belzifier I gave you a whole week to locate the scum that's been selling weapons to the brutes that kill our men and somehow manage to scramble our every plan.. TIME AFTER TIME!

Belzifier: Yes miss, I am terribly sorry..

Grabbing Belzifier by the collar of his jacket and with a quick jerk pulling him closer with his ear to her lips, whispering something vehemently.

Bishou: *Listen you little nitwit..! You may have been appointed to be acting head of field intellegience in the south by Tempest, the leader of the elite special forces himself so unfortunately I cannot interfere in your affairs.. BUT! You still serve under me.. AND.. if by tommorow you won't find me those bastards I will have your ass served on a skewer! Got that!?*

Belzifier: Uuuh.. Yes ma'am!

Bishou: Good!

Back at the table Anima honestly tried to repress an outburst of laughter as seeing that the entire pub just saw what happened at the casual center of attention and alltogether internalized a big man's helplessness before a fragile looking young woman.

Mikke on the other hand only tightened his fist in anger, not letting the new guest of honor out of his sight.

Anima: Man you're so agitated..! You should really learn how to relax.. There is a time for everything.

Mikke: Tch.. I don't suppose I need to remind you that we're doing this to avenge a whole town of innocent people being burned alive!

Anima: Shhhh...! *keep it quiet you idiot you wanna disclose both of us?!* This place is swarming with rats..

Anima glanced around, trying to look as less suspicious as possible.

Mikke: I bet this wench *hic!* was the one who dessimated my town..!

Anima: Ok now you're just being paranoid.. Seriously man, you had too much to drink. Listen, when Belzifier comes back we're gonna discuss the other issue, which is a tad more important..

Mikke: Huh?!

Anima: Heehee...! whole carriadges full of shiny golden chips are a little more appealling than your nasty mood!

Mikke: How can you think about that right now?! GEEZ..! Don't you have any respect for me at all?!

Anima: Ok ok shut up! Listen..., this money was intended to be a "well earned" reward so to speak, for that girl's service.. She, among other taskforce leaders sent here, has been marauding, confiscating, putting whole towns under quarantine, leaving poor people to die of the epidemic spread by the creatures NSW himself released into the wild!

Mikke: Well in that case.. That money is gonna be the last thing SHE's gonna get..

Anima: Mikke bro, I swear.. Those bastards are gonna pay for what they did, but you gotta be patient. Trust me! Timing and time, time and timing.. that's my group motto. Only the moment you begin seeing the bigger picture, you begin noticing the little wheels and how crucial is every one of them for the big mechanism of the clock.

Anima winked at his increasingly nervous friend and poured himself another shot of rum.

returning from the rather unpleasant conversation with Bishou, Belzifier crashed into his chair and leaning on his elbows burried his fists in his cheeks; gleam of sad irony seen in his eyes as he conspired and played errand boy for enemies sitting two dozen feet away from each other.

Belzifier: You see.... Those are the kind of people I have to work with nowdays....

Anima: Lucky you.. Haha.. She doesn't look too shabby ya know. Why not try and make a move?

Belzifier: Last time I tried I recieved an appriciation gift; a boot in my face.. *sighs*

Mikke:....

Belzifier: Anyway, meet me outside in an hour or so.. Here's what we're gonna do......

It was already night outside. The rain kept on pouring down by the gallons, creating rivers of mud flooding low ground back yards and porches. It was beyond the curfew and most lights were out, leaving the town in nearly total darkness.
The guard posts at each town exit were the only lit areas, in case of an emergency.

Two silhouttes slipped by the corner of an alley, to the left of the main road, sticking to the nearly overflowed sidewalk and holding on to the courtyard fence of the adjoining residences, not to get swept away by the violent flood. When they reached the entrance of a three floored motel building, they halted and looked up. After a minute of hesitation, they both sprang and easily made it to the porch of the second floor. Lightning strikes made the night glow bright as day in those brief seconds, revealing the shining golden tips of sword handles sticking out from the raincoats of the two culprits.

Signalling each other with body language, pinpointing that their destination is ultimately the third floor, but that that it has to be reached only from the inside.

Very cautiously did one of the two reach inside his raincoat and took out a shiny, custom made lockpick; unlocking the door to one of the unaccomodated rooms and opened it for the other one to go in.

Pointing his gloved thumb up as a sign of success, the raincloaked figure signaled his companion to do a good job and wished him the best of luck, closing the door after and staying on watch.

Mikke: Ugh.. Now let me see, Belzifier said room no. 43, third floor.. P.S, watch out from the lobby clerk doing patrols along the corridors at night..... Oooh.. Scary..

Once again giving a positive OK sign to his friend outside, Mikke proceeded slowly to unlock the room door and into the corridor, flinching from every roar of thunder.

Mikke: *What the hell is this? A house of horror?! Geez..!*

Outside, Anima was waiting patiently and observing the surroundings to make sure nobody saw them. As burdensome as it was, during this storm and in almost utter darkness, when it was hard to see even what's going on two feet away; other senses kicked in and kept him perked up and aware of everything.

Such a state of mind was exactly what kept him tuned up to an increasingly strange and creepy creaking sounds from the upper floor. - Mikke? - He thought. - No way he could get up there so fast! - WHO COULD BE UP IN THIS HOUR?! GO TO SLEEP PEOPLE! - Convincing himself those sounds meant some agitated resident, going out for a midnight cigar, Anima was temporarily relieved.

Meanwhile, Mikke was already on the third floor, using the replica key to room no. 43 given to them by Belzifier.

Mikke: *1,2,3 Turn! Yes...!*

With a click, Mikke was inside Bishou's suite, looking through drawers, wardrobes untill finally finding what he was looking for under one of the pillows; a beautiful, diamond ornamented key to a large safe, where the two million berras were being allegedly kept.

Mikke: Hmm.. He said the safe was in the basement. *scratches his head* I wouldn't assume that girl would keep two million gold sticks of that blood money in her piggy bank..

Becoming impatient, Anima walked around nervously as the sounds he heard before became more vivid. Little did he know that this time, the creeking of the floor wasn't produced by his foot steps alone. Looking above, below and sideways he saw nothing. Still he knew something was wrong, but simply wasn't sure.. And alas, his keen senses couldn't foresee what came next. A swift, twister punch hitting him in the clevicle bone, breaking it and sending him flying all the way down from the porch. A brief flicker of a humanoid shape that stood by the door Mikke entered, was the last thing Anima saw when time itself seemed to slow down nearly to a point of suspension; he was sinking, closing his teeth together with pain. Drops of rain splattered on his forehead in slow motion; A moment of peace, an insight of the afterlife.

He fell, splashed like a rock in the current below. With the fall blocked by the water, he ended up with a disabled arm and a few broken ribs. Piling up some strength he pulled out his sword and stuck it deep into bottom of the current in order to not get swept away.

Anima: Miiiiikkkkkeeeeee!!!!!!

He cried outloud, only to see three men jumping down to him with swords unsheathed. Gulping down water Anima tried to get up but his body seemed to fail him.

Anima: Someone ratted us out..! *cough* I'm so sorry My friend.. *gulp* *cough*

Complying to the cries of Anima, Mikke ran as fast as he could only to encounter a cold faced surprise along the way downstairs.

Bishou: Tsk tsk tsk.... Stealing is bad. Didn't your mother ever teach you that?

Blocking his way across the corridor stood Mikke's object of resentment and vengeance, wearing full body black armor and a shiny claymore in hand with the insignia of Teresa, carved into it's blade.

Mikke: You..! You reduced my town to ashes! It was by your doing that I had no place to return to! You and the desiese that you brought with you!

Bishou: If you refer to the epidemic. Yes, we had to take measures.. Using a fire barrier to quarantine an area and prevent a desiese from spreading was our goal. We saved hundreds of renegade towns! and this is how you repay us? You steal my money? how predictable of a simpleton, and now a petty thief..

Mikke: In those towns people were still alive you insolent *itch! You abandoned them as if they were already corpses! Only a few were sick, and creating a quarantine you let it spread and infect more people without lending a hand! Not to mention that the sickness was a result of the monsters that came from the midlands! Your territories!

Bishou: I've had enough of this..! I couldv'e forgiven you, but you imbeciles just don't know when to quit do you? One idiot gone, one more to go!

Mikke: WHERE IS ANIMA?!

Bishou: Probably dead by now, along with that rat Belzifier..

Mikke removed his rain coat and threw it aside. beneath there were broad trousers and a sleeveless shirt with a strapped belt across his torso, fastening the leather sheath holding two swords in the back.

Mikke moved, slowly lifting his left knee, then the right. His complexion was facing down as he was walking towards Bishou and uttering, with one hand on the grip of each blade.

Mikke: Foul, wicked creatures.. Corrupt, perverse.. A heart of a villain can never hide it's true color.

Bishou: Oh really? I guess you can't put the shark in the same league with the small fish, suicidally clinging onto it's teeth, trying to scrape whatever leftover meat.

Mikke: Mark those words, suck unto your thumb and pray.. beg for the good grace of the one who wields a dual fate, a dual heart and dual steel. Shall one fail, the other will recieve their strength and conviction, forever to bear their weight untill their debt has been repaid.

Losing her tolerance, Bishou rolled her eyes and rushed ahead with an attempt to end this quickly and Impale Mikke right in the gut. The sword went in smoothly with no resistence, yet he didn't utter a gasp.. Only bit his lip and raised his eyes to Bishou's.

Mikke: Here's a little something for ya....

At split second interval, yoki was streaming out of Mikke's every pore, gathering around him in a vibrant forcefield, then exploding violently to all directions. The corridor walls along with the ceiling crumbled under the magnitude of the shockwave and the entire third floor of the motel was disentigraded. Being kicked to the other side of the building, to the length of the now rain soaked carpet that spread along the remnants of the corridor, pulling her sword out of Mikke, Bishou jumped back on her feet to defend from a series spinning attacks, one sword after another, landing heavy blows of tremendous power.

Defending against such brutal and swift attacks was Bishou's first time of having the honor to experience, and even though she could predict some of them in her mind, the dual blade style combat distinctly developed by Mikke over years of training made it difficult to get used to, and in addition to that; his yoki was gushing out so inconsistently it was hard to get a hold of even for her.

Having no other choice, Bishou powered up to fifty percent yoki release to par Mikke's deadly assault; as they were jumping from one roof top to another, their swords clashed and cried with the sound of ringing steel. Sparks from the friction were flying all over even in dreary, rainy night like this, seemingly illuminating random areas of the town who's habitants' sleep was so crudely abrupted.

People were coming out of their homes by the hundreds, just to see what the ruckus was about. The common towns folk were allways up for a commotion, completely disregarding the weather outside.

Losing her concentration for a second was enough for Bishou to slip and fall, splashing into a river of mud. Mikke jumped, grabbing onto a broken streetlight pole and spiralling around it all the way down to the sidewalk.

Bishou: *cough* CRAP! Tch....! Go on! Finish me before I come to my senses and rip your ass apart you common pip squeek!! Dimwit!! Pee brain!! Moron!! Aaaargh!!

Mikke: Naah.. I don't feel like killing you anymore.. What will that give me? Maybe I should thank you.. Heh.., I've never been so excided in a fight before.. Hmmm.. I think I might just grab your money and leave you for those people to handle.. They just looove you NSW followers.. Especially after thrashing their only tourist attraction in town; that motel. *hic*

Mikke staggered away, still drunk.. Yet elevated for some reason, as if that fight took away all his sorrow and pain of loss. Bishou kept on lying in the current, burried in her defeat.

The next day, the manner of their meeting in that very same pub was different: It wasn't as much a settling, truce or an enquiry since at that point nothing formal really mattered to them. Both have aquired a piece of mind from their last encounter; something meaningful that can't be erased or forgotten.

Noon. The pub was empty at that time of the day, and only the bartender and keeper of the tavern was humming and whistling while washing dishes at the sink by the counter. Mikke and Bishou sat casually, staring blankly at the wooden table. sunk into what seemed like deep depression.

Bishou: Ya know.... I tried to evacuate the people from your town, but they said they wanted to stay with their close ones. Word for Word I quote..

Mikke: Ugh.... Yeah, I figured you're not the cruel type to have a clear conscience after an event like that..

Bishou: Anima is dead.. I'm sorry.. My men killed him..

Mikke: *sigh*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of flashback.

Enara: That's it? What happened next? How did you guys hook up after that?

Bishou: Well, we came to terms that we've wronged each other. I guess that fight really changed us. Something sparked inside that made us aware of how stupid were our actions untill then.

Enara: So you just forgot what happened and moved on? that's a little strange to my taste.

Bishou: No, we didn't forget.. But we no longer blamed each other for what happened, and really tried to look deeper into things. Mikke grieved over Anima for a while, and then decided to leave the second sword he carried with him untill then and exchange it for Anima's.

Enara: Heh.. So the one whom the sword belonged to was avenged in that battle, at least in Mikke's eyes.. While Anima's sword was still searching for his killer.

Bishou: In any case, during the fight Mikke lost the key to the safe where Belzifier hid the cash; which by the way, we still don't know the location of since it wasn't in the basement of the motel after all. Swearing on my soul that I would torment him untill he repays me, I agreed not to turn him in to NSW and shortly after, deserting my position in his rank myself.

Enara: What a touching story..

Bishou sighed and looked at her knees to find Wierdo who fell asleep, drooling on her leg..

Bishou: Bwh..! O.O';

Enara: Whoa that's gonna hurt bad. See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya!

To be continued....

Ok, as much as this one was a boost to my char I'd really like to leave further flashbacks for later and focus on the main plot for now

Sorry I couldn't add much to it because the flashback ended up being too damn long.

Last edited by Mikke; 2008-04-22 at 07:49.
Old 2008-04-22, 18:59   Link #1164
hell88
Banned

E.S.S. is starting to get too complexed.
Old 2008-04-22, 19:09   Link #1165
weirdo487
Kousokuken!

eh? there aint no thing as too complex...
at least not until you have read "a clockwork orange" all the way through.
besides complexity adds awesomeness.

although if we actually managed to get things in chronological order it would help alot
some one needs to do that. or something simmiler
Old 2008-04-22, 20:35   Link #1166
weirdo487
Kousokuken!

i have been getting board (nothing besides E.S.S. to write and havening finished "a clockwork orange" now) so i wrote another fan fic

I didn't realy proof read it but i don't think the grammar, punctuation, etc. is bad enough to make it entirely insensible

Spoiler for unfit for a human grave:

Its a little short and I didn't give them names. But all and all not bad right

Last edited by weirdo487; 2008-04-23 at 23:01.
Old 2008-04-23, 17:04   Link #1167
hell88
Banned

I don't really have time to write anything anymore, not sure if I'll be able to add anything to E.S.S. anytime soon, my brain is kind of fried from working too much. I'll read your fanfic some other time wierdo.
Old 2008-04-24, 10:51   Link #1168
shelter
Every word must conjure

Send a message via MSN to shelter
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdo487 View Post
i have been getting board (nothing besides E.S.S. to write and havening finished "a clockwork orange" now) so i wrote another fan fic

I didn't realy proof read it but i don't think the grammar, punctuation, etc. is bad enough to make it entirely insensible

Spoiler for unfit for a human grave:

Its a little short and I didn't give them names. But all and all not bad right
You have some thing for male Claymores eh?

I don't mind it being short. It's not too bad actually: it captures the idea of people hating Claymores so badly that they don't even respect them when they're dead. Although in your particular fic they did intimidate the bartender...

Again, you write very intense action scenes. Which is why you need to break apart your writing into smaller paragraphs. In the action scene it's not immediately clear that 2 Claymores get killed by the A.B. The numbering also: the "second" and the "third" got me a bit confused. Of course when the leader reburies them, it's confirmed that 2 are killed. Also you need to concentrate on your tense of time/ place: I didn't know they were fighting in a forest clearing until their handler came out.

The last sentence of your fic - "his comrades now laying peacefully in the clearing where they had met death, in the woods outside of the town where [I]they were deemed ‘unfit for a human’s grave’ " - is really, banging the nail on the coffin...it's a bit obvious I guess. There's no need to emphasize it, because readers will already know. You could try replacing it with: "his comrades where, at last, laid to peaceful, honourable sleep."

But I liked the part where the handler says: "only traitors delay their work..." Nice bit of dialogue & tension there.

(Saw you're also on FF.net. Unfortunately I posted this here before seeing your fic there...haha. If only I saw your fic on FF.net first..could have given you a welcome review )
Old 2008-04-26, 09:49   Link #1169
hell88
Banned

This isn't much but I had to think up something.

Epic Soul Searching - A Dark Beginning - Part 4
------------------------------------------------------------

On a mountain top on a rainy dark afternoon DGK watches Hell88 in his awakened form crush cities and small towns without letting a single human live.

DGK: Soon it will all be complete....

Meanwhile.

Wierdo: Are we thier yet?

Bishou: ENOUPH! YOU HAVE BEEN ASKING THAT ALL DAY! NO WE AREN'T THIER YET! MABYE BY NIGHTFALL! BESIDES WE STILL HAVE TO FIND MIKKE I DON'T KNOW WHERE HE WEN'T!

Wierdo: Alright don't have a heart attack.

Bishou: I hate you you know that.

Wierdo: So do you have chocolate?

Bishou: NO!

Enara who left the group to find where Mikke wen't eventually finds him with Shelter near a pond.

Enara: Oh so this is where you wen't.

Shelter: Oh hello Enara.

Enara: Well Bishou is looking for you and we need to hurry so we can kill Hell.

MikKe: KILL?! WE AREN'T KILLING ANYBODY!

Enara: Oh I'm sorry I didn't-

Shelter: Don't be sorry Mikke just isn't himself right now, but I'm sure he will be once we find a way to bring Hell back.

Mikke: Y-yeah.

Bishou: WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GUYS DOING AT THIS POND?! FISHING?!

Mikke: Bishou when did you-

Wierdo: I'm here too!

Bishou: Now get up you sorry excuse for a warrior and put your ass in gear because were wasting time!

Mikke: Your... Your right! We won't be able to save Hell if we are sitting around weeping!

Bishou: WE?! No only you! Mikke sometimes your dumber than Wierdo!

Shelter: *laughing* Wow Bishou you have become a great spokes person.

They hear someone coming from behind them.

Bishou: What who's there?!

Torren walks into the clearing they are in.

Torren: I have been trying to catch up to you guys for a while. Finally you have all stoped.

Enara: Torren! Whay are you here?

Torren: I senced what happened and decided to help you with Hell, you will need my help.

After talking some more they finally start catching up to NSW.

Meanwhile in one of Nightwish's hidden labs.

Nightwish: It seems Hell's yoki is waking up all of the others... Soon I will be able to destroy whoever trys to stop me, but as long as NSW keeps coming it could be a problem - wait! I'll send my new creations after them. The undead four. *evil laughter* Yes Temptest, Biker, Chiba, and Isley should give NSW and his hunting team a good run for there money.

Back at the mountain top DGK summons Hell to come to him and makes Hell go back to his human form. His human form was a bit different. It was disstorted and he had red glowing eyes like DGK. He wore dark clothes and a dark cloak as well.

DGK: ........

Hell88: .......

DGK: You will have to fight soon.

Hell88: .......

DGK: Against NSW and his hunting sqaud.

Hell88: .....

DGK: You will have to fight those guys that you were traveling with too. I think Enara and Torren are with them now.

Hell88: ...... Not....... Them..... *sheds a tear*....... Please there my friends......

DGK: To bad you are under my control.

Hell88: For now but.....

DGK: But what?

Hell88: I'll be the one that kills you! Then I'll eat your guts to become stronger!

Hell grows dragon wings out of his back and flys off for the time being.

DGK: *smiles* This is perfect. Nightwish's plan is going better than he said it would.

Later at night.

Shelter: This place is good. We can camp here for the night.

Wierdo: Then can I have some chocolate?

Bishou: IDIOT! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHATS GOING ON DO YOU?!

Mikke: When we get up in the morning we should be able to be close enouph to find NSW.

Then walking out of a forest into the moon light NSW walks out with three cloaked figures.

NSW: Oh but you have already found me Mikke.

Mikke, Bishou, Torren, Shelter, Enara: What NSW!?

Wierdo: Who's that again?

Bishou knocks out Wierdo.

NSW: I wasn't expecting you guys here you all have your yoki supressed. *smile* How interesting.

To be continued...
Old 2008-04-26, 16:48   Link #1170
weirdo487
Kousokuken!

finaly someone posting on here again. its been to long
Old 2008-04-26, 18:28   Link #1171
hell88
Banned

It was only like four days lol.
Old 2008-04-26, 19:12   Link #1172
Mikke
Sleepy Male Claymore

Dude.. Why'd you make me such a weenie in your fic? and NSW doesn't care enough about any of us to even know our names..

I think..

Old 2008-04-26, 21:46   Link #1173
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Must learn to separate yourself from the character with your name. I'm not the Bikerider character. That creature is an abomination on to the ESS fanfic and deserved death.
Old 2008-04-27, 09:21   Link #1174
hell88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikke View Post
Dude.. Why'd you make me such a weenie in your fic? and NSW doesn't care enough about any of us to even know our names..

I think..

I wasn't trying to make your character a weenie, I was going off of what Bishou wrote before the whole flashback, you know when you get all angry and run off.

NSW would know all the names because of how he sen't people to kill us remember. Or is there too much E.S.S. chapters to remember?

@Bikerider- Your character would be hard to kill, because you and the three others in your group are already technically dead.
Old 2008-04-27, 12:38   Link #1175
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

@hell88

Not me that's dead. The character with my name is dead. Deservingly so too. Horrible creature. I don't consider the character to be any link to me as I didn't get involved in the ESS when it started.
Old 2008-04-27, 18:25   Link #1176
hell88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
@hell88

Not me that's dead. The character with my name is dead. Deservingly so too. Horrible creature. I don't consider the character to be any link to me as I didn't get involved in the ESS when it started.
Yes but you did get involved when you made that character biography of yourself.
Old 2008-04-27, 18:38   Link #1177
hell88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Speculator View Post
Clare sits writing in her journal...

Dear diary, it appears my stalker problem has got out of hand, i tried ignoring Rubul watching me every time i took a bath, hoping he'd get the hint and leave me alone, so i had to pretend i'd found another, but then that annoying little kid got all clingy, i kinda feel guilty about lying to him, to make him run in the opposite direction, and then it was Jean, with her i won't leave you alone Clare until i have repaid my debt... that really led to some uncomfortable nights... I find out the #3 and #5 have both chased me around the countryside, and Flora invited me to secluded spots away from other claymores... and that was all 7 years ago. I've hid away from human society, like Irene did, but i couldn't get away from the other six survivors, especially damn Yuma. Half of them are just stalking Miria, and Miria's stalking me... even my stalkers have stalkers... This small army is following me everywhere i go, and i just noticed that the coloured hair claymore i saved looks like she's gonna want to follow me as well, and she's got a kid with her... I swear it's like that scene in forest gump where he goes for a run...
LOL thats very funny.

Clare sits down to write some more in her journal...

Dear diary, it seems the coloured hair claymore has joined me as well, she isn't as annoying as I thought she might be.... But that kid she has around is, I think her name is Miata, and all she wants to do is suck on our breast! You think she would be past that stage, and the bottle stage... Oh well at least Galatea has joined us, she is the only one that is much of any help to me. She's more of a bodygaurd than a stalker, whenever Yuma or someone tries to stalk me she uses her yoki manipulation to get them to run into a brick wall... Funny.... To bad she wasn't there for me last night when Helen got drunk and tried to rape me.... I should have listened to Galatea when I wen't to search for Irene. She told me that it might not be a smart idea but I did it anyway, and when I found her she was sleeping with Raphaela.... Gross... Should have listened to Galatea, but I guess thats what happens when two claymore's that have been alive for as long as those two have to do when they get real lonely....
Old 2008-04-27, 20:51   Link #1178
Mikke
Sleepy Male Claymore

Well.. Here's an attempt to illustrate a fraction of a battle scene in E.S.S.. a few chapters back, if anyone remembers.. The drawings are unfinished in some frames; I was in a hurry..

I wanted to do the whole thing, but since time is allways an issue this is all I ended up with..

Spoiler for Scene:

Yeah Hell.. You did slip and fall on your ass there, sorry..
Old 2008-04-27, 23:17   Link #1179
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

@hell88

and now I'm no longer involved. I'll stick to fic'ing with the manga characters. Got to figure out what I can do to Yuma and Ophelia next.
Old 2008-04-28, 00:02   Link #1180
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Well apparently I have to spread some more reputation before I can give it to Mikke again. Solid victory on the fan-manga .

Tags
fanfiction