AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2022-01-14, 21:06   Link #21
Galaxian

I kind of hope that the mysterious DF ends up being Kid's magnet fruit. They've already shown that Kid is hiding something about his DF, so many Assign isn't the fruit's actual awakening.

Plus it would be an easy way to prop Kid up to being Luffy's rival again, because he has completely been left it the dust.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-15, 03:54   Link #22
DemonOfWrath

I think Tama's fruit is the most likely candidate. It has freaking mind control properties on animals and smile users. And conveniently a gigantic island elephant (an animal) appears as this is being discussed. Easy speculation for why it's such a big deal is what if when awakened it works on people too?
DemonOfWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-15, 17:20   Link #23
Hoodspirit

Will wait for the official translation before I'll think too deeply into it. I feel like something is off, either caused by a mistranslation or Oda was deliberately so vague, it couldn't be translated clearer without some sort of context.

As of now I don't think the Gorosei are talking about the awakening mode of a devil fruit but just its reincarnation.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-15, 19:37   Link #24
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodspirit View Post
Will wait for the official translation before I'll think too deeply into it. I feel like something is off, either caused by a mistranslation or Oda was deliberately so vague, it couldn't be translated clearer without some sort of context.

As of now I don't think the Gorosei are talking about the awakening mode of a devil fruit but just its reincarnation.
The translation available is definitely a bit iffy. However, we know for a fact they're talking about DF awakening because we have the raw and they're using the exact word (kakusei) in brackets, which is consistent with all previous instances of DF awakening being brought up.
Old 2022-01-16, 17:41   Link #25
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

I wanted to wait until the official translation came out before responding. Well here it is:

Quote:
Gorousei 1: "No... That's impossible!! That fruit is only a legend now, even to us. It has not awakened for centuries upon centuries."

Gorousei 2: "Then why would the World Government bother to give that one specific devil fruit another name?! Its to erase that fruit's name from the annals of history, isn't it?!"
Coupled with that and the """"evidence"""" provided in this thread, I'm now even more certain that the Gorousei are NOT talking about the Gomu Gomu no Mi. I've underlined the part that cements it in my eyes.

I perfectly understand the issues with Luffy's Gomu Gomu no Mi being super special in some way; I'm hesitant on what Oda will do with that plot thread as well. But there's still no explicit confirmation on what it could be and the possibilities are still open and wide enough for it not to be an issue YET.

None of this is a reason to go full doomer mode. The """evidence""" provided in this thread is frankly laughable. ALL of Luffy's abilities including the gears and resistance to lightning can be explained by the fact that he's a rubber man.

What if its awakening is the thing that makes the fruit special and gives it a different name? It would be the most inconsistent thing in the entire series. The awakening for a paramecia has to be built from the base ability.

Last edited by OH&S; 2022-01-16 at 18:44.
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-16, 22:49   Link #26
itachi-san314

I'm hoping it's Tama's DF. Her ability is something the WG would be scared of (and want), especially if it gets even more powerful once Awakened. I could see why they would be talking about it, since their agents would have relayed the news of it being used on the beast pirates. Maybe it's already awakened somehow?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-18, 09:11   Link #27
Orochiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I'm hoping it's Tama's DF. Her ability is something the WG would be scared of (and want), especially if it gets even more powerful once Awakened. I could see why they would be talking about it, since their agents would have relayed the news of it being used on the beast pirates. Maybe it's already awakened somehow?
I'm also hoping that it's Tama's DF. Zunesha approaching Wano might also be somehow connected to the awakened powers of "Kibi Kibi no mi".
Orochiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-19, 15:10   Link #28
necrolyte

You aren't discussing two characters that could also be the ones having the forbiden fruit imo: Kaido's daughter and Orochi. Both of them have stayed hidden until now and could be the ones having this special fruit, even if the chances are not in their favor
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-30, 18:39   Link #29
Rainbowman

Seeing Zunesha at the end of this chapter is a very good highlight. Talk about great timing.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote