AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

Old 2006-03-26, 00:20   Link #1501
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
the rosa mystica may indeed be able to renew or 'save' life. remember how suiginto was collecting them to save her friend? even though barasuisho may have been lying it does not seem improbable that it was a half truth. if the crystals do have the power to heal i wonder if the memories of the crystal would be passed on to the person recieving it.
The correct word is medium.

And from what we had seen, yes, once a Rozen Maiden inherits another Maiden's Roza Mystica, she too inherits the deceased Maiden's memories. Shinku did receive the memories of Suigintou when she gained her Roza Mystica. And when she gained Hinaichigo's Roza Mystica, she even knew what were her last words.
Mincemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 00:20   Link #1502
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
the rosa mystica may indeed be able to renew or 'save' life. remember how suiginto was collecting them to save her friend? even though barasuisho may have been lying it does not seem improbable that it was a half truth. if the crystals do have the power to heal i wonder if the memories of the crystal would be passed on to the person recieving it.

Well Roza Mystica is magical so it might even cure somebody.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 00:27   Link #1503
milkmandan
しゅ ともひろ
*Graphic Designer

someone was asking about DVD scans...
i got the R2 DVD lined up in YHJ, i'll scan them if the DVDs come with em.i do know that the LE one has some..
Old 2006-03-26, 00:31   Link #1504
blitz1/2

Somehow I got a feeling that if Kirakishou does in fact have a medium, it will be similar to Megu. I think the medium will be sick/dying whatever and likes to play with dolls while he/she can still can and kira fights to try and cure her.

I don't know where that idea came from.
Old 2006-03-26, 00:37   Link #1505
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2
Somehow I got a feeling that if Kirakishou does in fact have a medium, it will be similar to Megu. I think the medium will be sick/dying whatever and likes to play with dolls while he/she can still can and kira fights to try and cure her.

I don't know where that idea came from.
Not too sure about that though. Whoever Kirakishou's medium is, he/she probably had something in common with her. Just like Suigintou and Megu (both incomplete) or Jun and Shinku (Both had very high expectations placed on themselves, and both will crack when they failed to live up to the expectations).
Old 2006-03-26, 00:39   Link #1506
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaNeko
IT'S A TRAP!

...and here's a little something from 4chan's /b in response to the growing DESU DESU DESU horde.

Cool~ Watch too much Desu give you Green and Red colored eyes. But I like Red (And Violet) on both of my eyes so does that mean I have to drink lots of Yakult and eat lots of 'Junk' food?
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 00:39   Link #1507
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

so uh what does hinaichigo share with her medium

i prefer to end all my sentences with kashira~ now when i type in JP
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 00:42   Link #1508
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Quote:
so uh what does hinaichigo share with her medium

i prefer to end all my sentences with kashira~ now when i type in JP
We didn't really see much of Tomoe though, so I don't really know. Now, what does Suiseiseki had in common with Jun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo
Cool~ Watch too much Desu give you Green and Red colored eyes. But I like Red (And Violet) on both of my eyes so does that mean I have to drink lots of Yakult and eat lots of 'Junk' food?
Drink too much Yakult and brood in dark places will make give you red/violet eyes (still couldn't be clear of Gin-sama's eye colour), and you will also lose your belly.
Old 2006-03-26, 01:31   Link #1509
Alu
Guide my hand...

Warning... Long Post ahead..

Quote:
It is not the Rosa Mystica itself that is "able" to save or cure or aid in any way a human I think, but the power a Rozen Maiden recives from it and only then if she transmits it to the medium..

Its hard to follow.. but stay with me here..; what I mean is..

When a Rozen Maiden obtains a Rosa Mystica she obtains the memories, skills & artificial spirits (its shown several times when for example Gin or Bara uses Sou's scissors, Sou's spirit Renpika appears to transport the weapon; same happens when Bara uses Kana's violin - Pizzcato appears there to transform it into her hand aswell) ; but also obtains more "power" to herself..

Displays of the increase of power can be easily seen after Gin takes Sou's rosa mystica, sends forth the feathers at shinku and her barrier can no longer stand them; then Gin says.. "they cut much deapper now.., I wonder if its due to sousei seki's rosa mystica"

Allright so.., this new given power from what we then saw when Gin came to Megu, can be transmited too the medium through the ring.., kind of like an oposite effect; usualy the medium provides power to the Rozen Maiden, which enables her to move, etc.., in this case, the Rozen Maiden was provinding power to the medium so that she could get better, as in a healing effect.
We have seen also Gin heal they're wounds by using the medium's power, so its very possible that the process can be reversed.

When Bara said to Gin "you cannot save her with that fragment alone", she was refering to the extra power that Gin was transmiting to Megu that she obtained from Sou's Rosa Mystica, NOT the rosa mystica itself..
So in order for Gin to continue to give a greater transfusion of power to Megu so that she could get better, she then needs requires more Rosa Mysticae.

Its the conclusion I take from this..

Quote:
She does have a torso, though an incomplete one. The port where Jun winds up Shinku is around the upper torso area, so there's probably where the power source lie.

And Suigintou's upper torso is intact.
Actualy.. I belive the key-port is located in the exact middle of the back.., not in the upper torso or belly..

Remember this.., despite they're so complexed emotions, eating, walking, etc.. they are still dolls.., and as such.. they have a mechanics system inside.
Now.. I don't know exactly how the mechanisms are made in these dolls in real life.., but we did see when Rozen was creating Shinku that there where components involved..; also.. we saw Enju create and "give life" to another doll he had made in the shop.

A rozen Maiden is above all a doll that moves through mechanics, each doll has the key-port to make her start.., the only diference is that.. after that, they start to draw energy from the medium to move on they're own and they become imbued with living aspects.. in many ways as we all know.

When Gin threw the feather into Shinku's keyport.., it didn't stop Shinku because it went into her power source.., it most probably stopped her because it jamed the articulated mechanism inside.
Thus, even though she kept drawing power from Jun, she could not do anything about it..

-

Now as for how Gin can move... we realy can't tell.. its probably the same reason why Sui can move through all the 1st season aswell without a medium
Each Rozen Maiden has her own "power", its something that is Imbued inside them.., of course this cannot match another when the other is drawn from a medium, but it can very well make any Rozen Maiden move, etc after she is awaken..; I doubt very much that it is because she lacks the belly..
Question is.. how did Gin and Sui awaken in season 1... (I have discussed this on a few posts back already)

As for if she has a key-port or not.., the part that Gin is missing isn't defined on a straight line arround the weist, it goes up in the front and back and down a bit on the sides.., In my opinion it is possible for the keyport to exist.. since the area in the exact middle is still intact.

But we did see her immediatly rise when Megu opened the box.., and we did saw that before she compleatly awake the stod out her hand with the ring for her to kiss.., which means she at that moment "required" a medium..
I made the "required" with the " "'s because.. well.. I'd like to know what would happen if Megu hadn't kissed her ring..

Quote:
I think that Enju is the one who fixed Suigintou (her body, I mean. Her Roza Mystica was not taken in season 1), for the purpose of the faux Alice Game. After all, in the episode where Suigintou returned, Barasuishou did say 'it is all going according to plan'.
Actualy.. I do not belive it was Enju that repaired Gin.., but I do belive that Enju was responsible for putting her in the church for Megu to find her.., thus.. organizing the entire plan to trick her..

Reason for this is.., when Gin block's Bara's attack on shinku, right before she loses her Rosa Mystica.. she says "Father told me.. I have the right to become Alice.., even with this body"

Now.., we know that Gin's memories did not fully come back right after she was awakened after beeing defeated by Shinku and repaired.., but after the time passed she started to remember; so it is possible that while she was beeing repaired she met with Father and he told her that..
Thus, later on in the process she, herself eventualy remembered it, which is not shown, but I think it is what happened.

Quote:
I belive it to be quite possible... ~desu desu desu desu desu desu :P
I would like to know though how that entire Yakult thing got started... I know the reasons.., but I'd realy like to know how and who started it too
Alu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 03:24   Link #1510
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

About the cross thing... It's an Occult sign of the Anti-Christ
Old 2006-03-26, 03:48   Link #1511
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Hmmm, we don't know who or what wound up Gin-sama, but I can bet my undead char's limbs that it is probably that old man (Souseiseki's medium) who wound up Suiseiseki. It is just that he doesn't want to make a contract with her.

And yes, we saw that Shinku does have mechanical parts inside, and yes, you hit the nail on the head when you said that the feather jammed the mechanical parts.

But when we looked at Suigintou, I noticed that her mechanical parts did not extend to all her limbs. We saw nothing metallic in the belly. How did she move her legs anyway?

And this brings up another question. Suiseiseki can move for months (approximately, seeing that she is moving from the first season to the near-middle of the esecond season) without drawing power from a medium, while Hinaichigo will stop in after a day after she couldn't draw power from a medium. What's with the inconsistency?

And the earlier post stated that the Yakult thing started with Suigintou asking Souseiseki's medium (damn, can't we just give him a name? I know, let's call him Mr. Bald) asking if he had taken lactic acid bacteria (Yakult) in season 1.
Old 2006-03-26, 05:07   Link #1512
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

@qbker - Wow at first I thought I want that doll, I don't care if it is girly. Then I thought no way that is a girl! I wonder are there any piccies of her doing actually Rozen Maidens?

Really nice post Alu, I liked your point about the reverse power flow to heal Megu. Also your break down of absorbing each others Rosa Mystica makes lots of sense. I was pretty lasy with this and pegged the Rosa Mysticas as their souls and the Alice game something akin to Highlander...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alu

When Gin threw the feather into Shinku's keyport.., it didn't stop Shinku because it went into her power source.., it most probably stopped her because it jamed the articulated mechanism inside.
Thus, even though she kept drawing power from Jun, she could not do anything about it..
Thinking about it she was aware how much time went by before her worthless servant figured out how to help her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mincemaker

But when we looked at Suigintou, I noticed that her mechanical parts did not extend to all her limbs. We saw nothing metallic in the belly. How did she move her legs anyway?
After reading everyone elses excellent anaysis of the show, my current reasoning of how the maidens are animated are:

Anything with a soul can be animated - Jun's dolls and the clown for example.

Animation needs some form of power, the soul will still exist without it (hence they dream endlessly)

Once something is animated it takes the traits of it's physical form, soft skin and eating etc. Basically the doll is a fusion of reality and a n-field.

Gin was able to move the way she did because she was the first and incomplete. What if Rozen didn't complete Gin because she is a miracle in her own right (of course they all are). What I mean is, maybe what happened is that she started moving before she had her torso added and from that point on the rest of the maidens were created to try to achive the same type of thing. A doll that needs no power to move.....

Last edited by grey_moon; 2006-03-26 at 05:20.
grey_moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 05:22   Link #1513
qbker
奴隷獣

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon
@qbker - Wow at first I thought I want that doll, I don't care if it is girly. Then I thought no way that is a girl! I wonder are there any piccies of her doing actually Rozen Maidens?
I'd love to know as well, but I'd advice not to dig too deep in to all this japanese-dolls business, at least not on a japanese search engine....... All kinds of messed up stuff come up....... (shivers)

Here's an idea, assuming that they're only delaying season 3 just so the manga could catch up and so the stories could go back in sync (or the other way around? O_O), it'd be a kick ass filler if they do some episodes on the dolls with their previous masters.
But of course if they are going to be ending up like the gone-down-hill naruto fillers then they might as well forget it, but still I think it could turn out to be interesting.
Like the story about that freaked out girl when she saw Shinku moved, or something like that. That must have been at least 60 years ago before Jun's turn to wake her up!
qbker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 06:18   Link #1514
milkmandan
しゅ ともひろ
*Graphic Designer

so we know for a fact that there will be a season 3 right? we just dont know when?
Old 2006-03-26, 06:43   Link #1515
solwyvern
▲wight
*Graphic Designer

@Alu: you post some amzing stuff. I agree with nearly everything, I'm left speechless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters
About the cross thing... It's an Occult sign of the Anti-Christ
yeah, that might be true, but,... the Japanese makers might not really know that. They tend to look at Christianity more as 'cool' rather than religous truth. Which explains the extensive use of wings/crosses/Biblical prophecy to spice up anime and such.
Old 2006-03-26, 08:15   Link #1516
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Possible 3rd season

Old 2006-03-26, 08:29   Link #1517
blitz1/2

Hell no! I don't want that to happen!
Old 2006-03-26, 08:30   Link #1518
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo
Possible 3rd season

And suddenly, Rozen Maiden became a horror anime.
Old 2006-03-26, 08:35   Link #1519
qbker
奴隷獣

(Me goes to look for camera Obscura)
qbker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 08:40   Link #1520
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbker
(Me goes to look for camera Obscura)
Ah ha! So you've noticed, cookies for you!

Tags
adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, nomad, peach-pit, seinen, sequel, supernatural