AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-03-16, 08:55   Link #2321
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
What happen, this thread hasn't grown at all since I've slept! What an outrage!

The things is that I think either need to atleast avoid Haruki. Do you remember the episode with the Asakura fight? In the beginning Haruhi was in deep depression, basicly shutting everyone out. We could just have that done with Kyonko. Not answering calls, not showing up in the clubroom one day etc.

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 09:56   Link #2322
Dan~

Kyonko isn't just 75% more raged. Think about it, Kyon put up with a lot of s*** from Haruhi. He grumbled about it but went along with it anyway. That scene is different - Haruhi genuinely crosses the line and Kyon is willing to go to extreme lengths to let her know that.

I still don't think we need to let Kyonko connect; I'm thinking that it would require major plot rewrites downstream. But we do need to maintain the threat of Kyon, who is somewhat larger and stronger than average, punching Haruhi in the face. The only way I can think of to do that would be to give Kyonko some kind of weapon (i.e., consider bashing Haruki over the head with the camera) or have her contemplating blows to particularly vital parts of the body where a girl can still cause real harm to a guy. (Throat, family jewels, etc.)

One of the essential elements of Kyon's character is that he was tough enough to oppose Haruhi when he needed it. If Haruki is even more of a juggernaut than Haruhi was then Kyonko needs to be even tougher.

@Rambo - I like your take on the ending scene. I kinda get the feeling that Kyonko is emotionally unattached to the events, however.
Dan~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 09:59   Link #2323
Tangowr

Old 2008-03-16, 10:29   Link #2324
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for The Blackmail of the Computer Club President:
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 11:26   Link #2325
shaoron
AQS representative

@riker
that....

was so wrong
shaoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 11:28   Link #2326
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
IT ALL MAKES SO MUCH SENSE NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan~ View Post
Kyonko isn't just 75% more raged. Think about it, Kyon put up with a lot of s*** from Haruhi. He grumbled about it but went along with it anyway. That scene is different - Haruhi genuinely crosses the line and Kyon is willing to go to extreme lengths to let her know that.

I still don't think we need to let Kyonko connect; I'm thinking that it would require major plot rewrites downstream. But we do need to maintain the threat of Kyon, who is somewhat larger and stronger than average, punching Haruhi in the face. The only way I can think of to do that would be to give Kyonko some kind of weapon (i.e., consider bashing Haruki over the head with the camera) or have her contemplating blows to particularly vital parts of the body where a girl can still cause real harm to a guy. (Throat, family jewels, etc.)

One of the essential elements of Kyon's character is that he was tough enough to oppose Haruhi when he needed it. If Haruki is even more of a juggernaut than Haruhi was then Kyonko needs to be even tougher.
I QFT this.

Haruhi put Kyon through a WHOLE load of shit, but Kyon went along with it, mainly because he couldn't really care less, and the fate of the world kinda rested with him...

I'm going along with the idea of Kyonko carrying a weapon, my grouse with contemplating bodily harm to a sensitive area is that it's only well....contemplation.
Fynal_Fyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 12:18   Link #2327
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

My take on the prologue to volume 2:
Spoiler for V2 prologue:

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 12:32   Link #2328
Dan~

I can't really picture Kyonko going to school with a concealed weapon; it'd have to be something improvised (like the camera.)

Oh, and we are seriously slowing down. Only one new page since I went to bed last night? LAEM guys, LAEM.
Old 2008-03-16, 12:33   Link #2329
Kristen
*Author

"Dear Diary,

I don't quite understand it, but why can I only seem to think of Yuuki? His absolutely flawless performance these past few days in everything he does just makes him so attractive. He's just so Gar in every way possible! Diary, I think I'm in love! Yuuki, take me home with you! <3 <3 <3

So, it's Sunday, and as usual, Haruki had something incredibly stupid planned for us. We went to the pool in the middle of winter! His words were "Well, it's strange for anybody to be at the pool in the winter, so there must be something strange there!" He has absolutely flawless logic.

Also, the newest magazine came out! So, I naturally flipped to "Girl in the Stars", and you'll never believe what happened! Keisuke broke up with Ami! I swear, he must have eyes for Emiri, but she's already so involved with Makoto, I can't ever see them breaking up. Now, who is Ami going to get with? Will Makoto two time on Emiri with Ami? I'm so excited, diary!

What do you think, diary? My hair is getting a little long, and it's so frustrating after a shower waiting for it to dry. Should I cut it like Itsuko's? I'm sure she doesn't have to wait as long as I have to for it to dry. But then again, I do certainly love this ponytail!

Ah, diary, I have to go! My mother is calling for me to eat dinner. Is she trying to make me fat again? I gained another kilogram yesterday! At this rate, Minoru is surely going to just ignore me! He's sooooo cute! <3<3<3

Sincerely,
Kyon-ko"
Old 2008-03-16, 12:38   Link #2330
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Man, Chrissie, I LOVE these Diary entries of yours, they're inspired..

Seriously, the idea of Kyonko keeping a journal/diary gives us way more ability to expand on her character.

Oh, and I quote:

"it's strange for anybody to be at the pool in the winter, so there must be something strange there!"

Hi-larious.
Fynal_Fyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 12:39   Link #2331
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
It was only a matter of time...

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 12:51   Link #2332
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Thank god we've slowed down, I was afraid I was going to have to go through like 50 pages...

Yeah.

I fixed Chapter One about the baseball/football thing on BT, and I also fixed the name of the SOS Brigade in my Chapter Two edit.

The original syntax works better than the dub's anyway, because in Vol.7 Kyon makes a joke that they've become the "Save the world by celebrating every Obscure holiday: Suzumiya Haruhi's Brigade."
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 12:53   Link #2333
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
We'll never beat the image thread like this!

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 13:06   Link #2334
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
It was a slow Saturday.

I spent that time marathoning the SHnY anime with my newly converted friend.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 13:09   Link #2335
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
It was a slow Saturday.

I spent that time marathoning the SHnY anime with my newly converted friend.
At least you had fun. Me? I caught a bug and slept most of Saturday away (still trying to get over it now).

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 13:24   Link #2336
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

A thing that has thus eluded me is on where should Ryou approach Kyon in the assassination scene, since in the original, Asakura basically came to Kyon from behind and then stabbed the abdomen after Kyon turns to face Asakura. FF7 knockoff where Asakura would just pierce Kyon from the back makes sense more than what happened in the canon... but I am not certain if that's the best way to tackle it.

//Speaking of which, I didn't get any more input than from 1 person within the last 1/2 day on that illustration of Ryouko stabbing Kyon. Any one wants to offer some suggestion? C'mon... there's no anime adoption to base this on~

@Kaisos Erranon: You mean for Asakura to jump off water tower on top of the school roof where everybody's at?
@Dan~ Making that correction. That was careless. And unfortunately it is a terrible spoiler for you to look into this in length if you choose not to look at the novel materials.

EDIT 2: Either that, or another scene to render is Kyon pointing a gun at Nagato instead~ it's one color scene for a given in a submission, so...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2008-03-16 at 14:13.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 13:31   Link #2337
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I think he should jump off the roof and then stab her in the gut. Makes for more AWESOME.

Also, I just looked a Jason's blog, and OH MY GOD 92 COMMENTS WTF.

This is really starting to scare me.

Edit: @panzerfan: Wait, they're on the school roof? I thought they were in front of the school...

Last edited by Tyabann; 2008-03-16 at 14:12.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 14:05   Link #2338
Dan~

Sorry, I haven't read much of the novels. That short, choppy style on BT ... it's like getting repeatedly slapped in the face with a soggy fish.

As soon as I figure out which novel Season II is covering I'll read all the others. I feel that the first season was better done than the translation of the first novel, and I don't want to spoil myself.
Old 2008-03-16, 14:08   Link #2339
Dan~

@Panzer: um, all I see is that Nagato-san should be hyphenated and the gender of Asakura is off? Other than that looks great.
Old 2008-03-16, 14:23   Link #2340
Hedd
Random Object

Quote:
Actually continuing the Comp Club leader as male would have more impact. A pic of a guy grabbing a guys package holds more weight then a chick grabbing a guys package imho and would appeal to that section of the watchers who get into that sort of thing.

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan