AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2003-11-10, 22:41   Link #1
Mizu Shinobi

Kenshin Wallpaper

I've made a ton oc Naruto walls so it started kinda getting monotonus so i decieded to do a kenshin 1 what u guys think?
Mizu Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 22:46   Link #2
Stickels
Just passing by

Awesomeness
Stickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-11, 01:20   Link #3
Mizu Shinobi

is it really that perfect??? how come no one says anythin to critisize it???
Old 2003-11-11, 02:18   Link #4
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizu Shinobi
I've made a ton oc Naruto walls so it started kinda getting monotonus so i decieded to do a kenshin 1 what u guys think?
[IMG]http://www.uploadit.org/files2/111103-kenshin%20copy.jpg[/IMG..]
- The cutting work is rather "fretty", try to spend more time on the edges of the hairs, with a smaller eraser with the brush --> flow of 50ish% setting.

- The background have the same problem of your signature, the picture seems only cutted in height but not in width, there is a little option in the PS7/cs settings (a little chain between the H and W) that allow you to modify a pic without doing those kind of errors.

- The edges of the pic are too bright, the idea is good, but you should lower the brightness of them a little bit. Try to use the eraser with a very little flow to add some transparency.

- The shadow under the text is ofter used to add a "fake" layer on a picture, or to break the monotony, but in this case its rather out of place because you already have kenshin and kaoru on the higher lever, in opposition with the background, try, if you want, to add a new layer with the text, double the size, add some opacity and put it right behind the other text, with a gradient or a pattern (maybe), of course, that is just my opinion.

- Tip: Never use the magical wand to cut the background from a pic, go with the eraser and a lot of time.

Hope thats help.
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-11, 13:16   Link #5
Mizu Shinobi

finaly some constructive critisism

thank you thank you thank you
just to let u know i new about the magc wand thingy and dont use it i wus using polygonal lasso but it didnt come out as persice as id like it to be...

ps i already know my sig is crap... just it was siting on my comp and i didnt want to have the same sig in two different forums thats all...

Last edited by Mizu Shinobi; 2003-11-11 at 13:52.
Old 2003-11-11, 13:51   Link #6
Mizu Shinobi

hows about now?
Old 2003-11-11, 17:46   Link #7
Asura
should i stay longer?

Send a message via MSN to Asura
2nd one looks better, but i prefer the blooming sakura in the 1st one.. The 2nd one got too pixely.

I'd actually put Kauro much lower than that...the way her legs are placed.. without a bg..a bit bothersome..
Asura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-11, 18:31   Link #8
@Naruto@
Mind Sweeper

I still like the fist one better over the second one. It just looks more appealing to me. But I guess it works both ways, depending on what you like better. (And when I mean better, I mean in you opion sort of way).
@Naruto@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-11, 18:55   Link #9
Mizu Shinobi

just following advice of Flash_Squirrel but i guess it didnt work out all too well... maybe i misunderstood
the pick of the sakura is bad to begin with.. anyone got a better one?
Old 2003-11-11, 19:06   Link #10
Mizu Shinobi

hows bout now i changed sakura pic but still dont look that great...

should i try a blur?
Old 2003-11-11, 19:14   Link #11
Mizu Shinobi

hows about now??
Old 2003-11-11, 19:40   Link #12
Asura
should i stay longer?

too much blur and i think the sakura piccie is placed upside-down. play with curve adjustment.

hi-lite outline is cool when done right, but in this case also messes up kenshin. try expanding his hair. try black outline where he touches with the sakura bg.
Old 2003-11-11, 22:45   Link #13
Mizu Shinobi

if i didn tblur then it looks pixley and its not upside down cause thats the same as the original i think someone took that pick whil they where under the tree ill try changing kenshin a bit but if i make it a black outline i think i might as well take out the outlining all together

well i tryed to fix kenshin but iono if its the best

Old 2003-11-11, 23:11   Link #14
Asura
should i stay longer?

what i'd try:
lose the drop shadow...looks cheap.
when i need to cut a picture sharply, i always use the pen/path tool, with feather setting set at either 0 or 1pixel

the sakura bg... try make it as soft or softer than Kauro..as of now, the color doesn't blend in. It's too strong.

and try an underscore between kenshin and kauro text.. might work better than the ampersand (sp??)..and use a different font for the 2 names..
Old 2003-11-12, 03:38   Link #15
fenrihr
is dime-a-dozen

Send a message via AIM to fenrihr
hmm..... ......

isn't the scar on the wrong side?

ah well... anycase i say kenshin looks good in that last one. and alot of what asura said .... i personally don't like the font used, but that's a personal thing.... and lighten the bg picture... very sharp contrast in it. but... ah what do i kno...
fenrihr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-12, 12:54   Link #16
sassycrab
I love kitty boys

Send a message via ICQ to sassycrab Send a message via AIM to sassycrab
It's been positively fovever since I've seen an episode of Kenshin but... isn't the girl's
name Kaoru (not Kauro)? That's the one major thing that stands out in each piece.
Fenrihr also brings up a good point, Kenshin's scar should be on the left. I don't think
the wallpaper would look too good reversed though, so maybe it should stay as is.

Also, regarding the cherry blossoms in the background... I think the larger branches in
the more recent pics are way too strong. The first pic was better because the emphasis
was on the flowers (which is also handy because they don't need much done to them to
make them look softer). Are you willing to make a background yourself or are you trying
to make this using existing images? If you make your own background I would suggest
a water texture in an ultra light pink with little cutouts of cherry blossom leaves (so they
end up white).
sassycrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-12, 17:25   Link #17
smee
Silent A$$A$$IN

Send a message via AIM to smee
its good but kenshins scar is on the wrong side.
smee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-13, 21:27   Link #18
Mizu Shinobi

i know its on the wrong side.... but i need him facing the other direction... bah o well ill just switch it round a bit and ill try and make th bg softre and no im pretty sure kauro is spelled corectly unless u can prove me wrong then yea... ok back to work

ps. srry im still learning and i dont know how to use all of the stuff in ps7 and use it well so please forgive thnx

Last edited by Mizu Shinobi; 2003-11-13 at 21:38.