AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-05-09, 12:32   Link #1361
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

That cover looks amazing. It's quite nice seeing Index on the cover in a more serious ambiance.

Now I can only hope for best girl to make her return since they're in London. Best girl, please.
Old 2018-05-09, 12:40   Link #1362
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Touma really looks like he's ready to be done with this crap.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-09, 12:45   Link #1363
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam View Post
Poor boy hasn't had a good nap since before NT13. I think anyone would be done with it all at that point. Med student life makes me empathetic to that.
Old 2018-05-09, 12:48   Link #1364
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Poor boy hasn't had a good nap since before NT13. I think anyone would be done with it all at that point.
Well he did pass out in NT16. Although it was only for like an hour or two I think. I'm half expecting someone to drop a big plot twist about something, and for him to fall asleep during it.
Old 2018-05-09, 17:18   Link #1365
Requiem-x
The slacking one

We really are back in England, and never forget Index is actually very cute. Simple, but good cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Is it really need to put that certain gentle manager air head type oneesan in the summary -_- fan service. It would be nice if its a dorm manager oneesan but the airhead minus the status but evens out with gentle on it. We/I don't need violent shenanigans.
But we'll get them anyway, because we'll be meeting a lot of old female friends. Also, that's not a bad description for Orsola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Surprised to see Takitsubo will be there too. I guess she's still upset about Hamazura's Russian adventure. I'm kind of looking forward to seeing how she would interact with Index.
Shiage might've thought that, with AC shut down, its safer to just bring her along. Or she might just've insisted and he preferred not to push it after all those comments on her breasts last volume

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
That cover looks amazing. It's quite nice seeing Index on the cover in a more serious ambiance.

Now I can only hope for best girl to make her return since they're in London. Best girl, please.
She just found out a demon is running the Angelican church, so of course even Index-san will get serious.

And lewd imp. We can always use more of both.

Quote:
Touma's always tired, in more ways than one.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-09, 23:05   Link #1366
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Is it really need to put that certain gentle manager air head type oneesan in the summary -_- fan service. It would be nice if its a dorm manager oneesan but the airhead minus the status but evens out with gentle on it. We/I don't need violent shenanigans.
I guess you gotta pander to the otaku if you want to get noticed, this is japan after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiharaRonin View Post
Its sad that Misaka and Misaki almost learned of magic and yet don't appear to be coming. I'd understand Tsuchimikado staying with his sister and Fran as they recover. But what about the two Level 5s. Its pretty obvious (for the time being anyway) that magic will stay hidden to the world as a whole. There will always be a way or some kind of cover up. But with Hamazura and Accel knowing about it, its about time Misaka and Misaki learn what's going on in the world's Dark Side.
As much as I would like to see them on this volume (we know at least one of them has a higher chance of appearing, ) it makes more sense if they don't since this is for the most part mainly a magic side problem.

With that said, what I want to see the most is the Amakusa, especially Tatemiya's fate and wether he has a cool new scar on his face or if he is dead and replaced.
Old 2018-05-10, 02:16   Link #1367
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I guess you gotta pander to the otaku if you want to get noticed, this is japan after all.
This is true but there are also stories that doesn't dwell much in fan service.

While from the beginning, the biting of index is there since as far as Touma is shouting fukou da, I just wish there is more to index that there is. Like take a serious path in the story. but oh well, I just grown tired of shameless shenanigans but its needed to sold stories.

I just hope/wish for more and index did deliver when sh*t hits the fans but as much as I liked index, its high and low is too much for me.
Old 2018-05-10, 05:39   Link #1368
KiharaRonin

Quote:

As much as I would like to see them on this volume (we know at least one of them has a higher chance of appearing, ) it makes more sense if they don't since this is for the most part mainly a magic side problem.

With that said, what I want to see the most is the Amakusa, especially Tatemiya's fate and wether he has a cool new scar on his face or if he is dead and replaced.
You make a good argument and believe me, I of all people absolutely despise Misaka being forced into Volumes in which she doesn't belong. But it just feels weird to build up her learning about magic and then not send her into the battle that would complete that. But again, at least she's not being forced in for sales.

It would be nice to see what happened to good ol Tatemiya after that sparring match.
Old 2018-05-10, 09:41   Link #1369
vixyw

Oh, I'm not that late to the party for once! Yay!

The summary is promising and the cover looks really cool. Damn, a lot of characters could have some first meetings in this volume depending on who is going to appear besides Orsola (personally hoping for Styil and Birdway). But given how much of a big event this could turn out to be, it might last more than a single volume, so the others could appear in the next one - Misaki and Misaka included.
Old 2018-05-11, 13:00   Link #1370
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Shiage might've thought that, with AC shut down, its safer to just bring her along.
Safer to bring her to a warzone where her powers won't be as effective?

Quote:
Or she might just've insisted and he preferred not to push it after all those comments on her breasts last volume
This makes sense.

Quote:
After everything that happened, this is hardly a magic side only problem. Even if it was, they'll need all the help they can get, and since Hamazura and Takitsubo are helping, there's no reason Misaka can't.

Quote:
Agreed. I hope we can get a joke out of it. Also looking forward to seeing Kaori. If she's still pissed at Touma, that's some more fun humour incoming.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-11, 16:06   Link #1371
linkjames24

Excited for the latest volume. It's going to be epic! I hope.
linkjames24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-11, 21:31   Link #1372
dniv
Season 3

Quote:
You make a good argument and believe me, I of all people absolutely despise Misaka being forced into Volumes in which she doesn't belong. But it just feels weird to build up her learning about magic and then not send her into the battle that would complete that. But again, at least she's not being forced in for sales.

It would be nice to see what happened to good ol Tatemiya after that sparring match.
I mean... I think it's pretty likely she'll factor in somehow eventually, lol. I really want to see her clash with magic some more in the main story. She got her butt kicked last time though...

Well, the cover for this one was pretty good so I'm excited. I'm sure the plot summary is a fake tease like usual, lol.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-11, 22:39   Link #1373
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I mean... I think it's pretty likely she'll factor in somehow eventually, lol. I really want to see her clash with magic some more in the main story. She got her butt kicked last time though...

Well, the cover for this one was pretty good so I'm excited. I'm sure the plot summary is a fake tease like usual, lol.
More like just the calmest part. I'm sure we'll meet Orsola, then two pages later, the wrath of god falls on everyone. Because that's how Index (the series) works.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-11, 23:02   Link #1374
dniv
Season 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
More like just the calmest part. I'm sure we'll meet Orsola, then two pages later, the wrath of god falls on everyone. Because that's how Index (the series) works.
Hahah yes, exactly.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
Old 2018-05-11, 23:12   Link #1375
The One Above God
Kamijou

Oh shit, that's a great cover. Touma looks badass again and Index looks like she'll finally be doing something again.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-12, 01:09   Link #1376
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
This is true but there are also stories that doesn't dwell much in fan service.

While from the beginning, the biting of index is there since as far as Touma is shouting fukou da, I just wish there is more to index that there is. Like take a serious path in the story. but oh well, I just grown tired of shameless shenanigans but its needed to sold stories.

I just hope/wish for more and index did deliver when sh*t hits the fans but as much as I liked index, its high and low is too much for me.
It's not like I said that the series is full of pandering, just that the covers only feature girls to attract the otakus (I mean, this is kind of the obvious reason why covers for LN feature that series female characters).

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Safer to bring her to a warzone where her powers won't be as effective?

This makes sense.

After everything that happened, this is hardly a magic side only problem. Even if it was, they'll need all the help they can get, and since Hamazura and Takitsubo are helping, there's no reason Misaka can't.

Agreed. I hope we can get a joke out of it. Also looking forward to seeing Kaori. If she's still pissed at Touma, that's some more fun humour incoming.

I am just keeping a level head (I won't let the hype get to me this early). Internally I actually think that there is about an 75 to 85% chance that Misaka is in the volume (as much as others might hate it she has become a central character in the story), but on the surface it's around a 45% chance. As for Misaki, I don't exactly see her having the same odds at being in it, if she does appear she will be there most likely by proxy of her abilities.

If anything, the character I want to be in this volume the most is Mikoto's father, now THAT is someone that Touma definitely has to meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Above God View Post
Oh shit, that's a great cover. Touma looks badass again and Index looks like she'll finally be doing something again.
I wouldn't bet on it, especially after Laura/Lola's controller was destroyed as an afterthought in the last volume.

I expect par for the course for her in this volume, she will probably be around a bit more (they are fighting against her people after all), but not center stage. The most I hope for her at this point is that she doesn't get kidnapped, yet again (although I do see tha anglican church trying it to reclaim her).
Old 2018-05-12, 10:29   Link #1377
tsunade666

Quote:
It's not like I said that the series is full of pandering, just that the covers only feature girls to attract the otakus (I mean, this is kind of the obvious reason why covers for LN feature that series female characters).
I mean the content itself and not the cover. The cover is obvious advertisement which is why 95% of light novel has female cover.

index for me is fan pandering first then sh*t hits the fans during climax.
Old 2018-05-12, 11:26   Link #1378
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I mean the content itself and not the cover. The cover is obvious advertisement which is why 95% of light novel has female cover.

I think Kamachi may just like writing that sort of stuff. I mean, Kamachi is gonna Kamachi when it comes to the climax of volumes, there's no two ways about that. But considering Fran's butt has been a main character for the last 3 volumes, he just may enjoy writing that stuff. In a way it sometimes helps the novel, for example: NT7. Between the cover and the first chapter, you'd think it would be a random romcom volume, then everything collectively hits the fan at the end of the chapter.
Old 2018-05-12, 21:36   Link #1379
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:

I do recall Kamachi saying once he wanted to make a full volume with Index and Touma and that Haimura, the artist, wanted to make a cover featuring them both for the final or an important volume though.
Old 2018-05-12, 23:14   Link #1380
dniv
Season 3

Quote:
I think Kamachi may just like writing that sort of stuff. I mean, Kamachi is gonna Kamachi when it comes to the climax of volumes, there's no two ways about that. But considering Fran's butt has been a main character for the last 3 volumes, he just may enjoy writing that stuff. In a way it sometimes helps the novel, for example: NT7. Between the cover and the first chapter, you'd think it would be a random romcom volume, then everything collectively hits the fan at the end of the chapter.
I totally agree.

Also, I just realized, but isn't Index propping him up in that cover?

Last edited by dniv; 2018-05-12 at 23:32.