AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2018-04-15, 10:36   Link #11041
justavisitor

What does it mean by stage drama?? Real actors cosplaying the anime characters?? or just movie?? Sorry I am a bit clueless about this
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 10:48   Link #11042
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPSJ View Post
Please let feldt still be the main love
Feldt was an afterthought, and resolved during the movie besides. The main couple's always been Saji and Louise.
Old 2018-04-15, 11:04   Link #11043
EroKing

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
If this sequel happens, it's gonna be huge. Graham Aker was my favourite and would love for them to bring him back
Old 2018-04-15, 12:04   Link #11044
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

If this is actually happening, then I would bet this sequel is about the Old Human Faction wars after the movie. It's the only plausible area to have a sequel, technically it'd be a prequel, but w/e.

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2018-04-15 at 12:24.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 12:04   Link #11045
Galaxian

Every sequel for 00 (S2 and the movie) have gotten worse. Hopefully this one breaks the pattern.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 12:41   Link #11046
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
https://www.gundamkitscollection.com...oject.html?m=1

The teaser scene is apparently a conversation between Lockon and Setsuna.

I don’t know what format this will be but whatever, I’m psyched. I love Gundam 00 to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
If this is actually happening, then I would bet this sequel is about the Old Human Faction wars after the movie. It's the only plausible area to have a sequel, technically it'd be a prequel, but w/e.
If I had a guess, this has most likelyhood. Innovation is still happening in humanity and is still a very new thing. There’s going to be conflict around that (the Old Human Faction is decidedly Anti-ELS and Anti-Innovator). And that’s before we add in the ELS. That’s gotta be a political minefield and have very complex emotions running around it.

If it does go that way, probabaly Graham and Laetitia will take over Setsuna and Tieria’s Meister positions with Lyle and Hallelujah keeping theirs.
Old 2018-04-17, 04:18   Link #11047
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Every sequel for 00 (S2 and the movie) have gotten worse. Hopefully this one breaks the pattern.
- I can understand what they were going for in the movie but it could have been executed better. Like as an OVA. The movie length just rushed too much. If you're going to do a first for Gundam (like introducing actual Alien First Contact in a series that has been human vs human all its history), you could have at least done it right.

I don't have high hopes for this upcoming 00 show..but I've been proven happily wrong a lot of times (like the time I swore blue that the first Iron Man movie was going to be a dud), so..hoping I'm wrong.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-17, 08:06   Link #11048
KPSJ

What is does everyone think about the 00 sequel? And do you have hope it will be good or it will be meh to down right bad.
KPSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-17, 20:27   Link #11049
The 48th Ronin

I was surprised by the announcement. I thought they were done with 00. I actually hope it's a TV series.

Well, we might soon find out on April 20.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-17, 20:52   Link #11050
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Aker as main character but without his Bushido persona would be interesting. Still, I wonder if Setsuna will reappear based on what happened to him. Then again, the movie staff said it was final story so they might retcon or something. Also, poor Felt is forever alone
Old 2018-04-17, 20:55   Link #11051
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

That's what you get when you force completely unnecessary pairings onto characters that don't need them.
Old 2018-04-17, 21:52   Link #11052
The 48th Ronin

We all know Setsuna x Gundam is the OTP.
Old 2018-04-18, 05:51   Link #11053
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Aker as main character but without his Bushido persona would be interesting. Still, I wonder if Setsuna will reappear based on what happened to him. Then again, the movie staff said it was final story so they might retcon or something. Also, poor Felt is forever alone
Currently the story has Setsuna only returning 50 years later as noted in 00N. If the new project it’s set right not long after the main events of the movie (which seems more likely.....given that there’s actually still conflicts and 00-like politics there), then likely he won’t appear without a retcon.

Laetitia and Graham’s announcement is interesting because there’s no reason for them to be there. The stage play is an adaptation of the existing 00 series and they is seemingly no reason for their annocuement to be related to it. Their MS are also recyclable made for existing model kits, which Bandai tends to like cos they save a lot on new molds.

Laetitia himself is interesting because he is a new character made from Tieria’s DNA and memories but doesn’t have the same personality. Doesn’t seem to be the type of thing you throw a way on a random short profile with no further story to follow on. Same shoes for Graham’s resurrection.

We may not know the format of the new project (may not necessarily be an anime despite the short animated teaser) but I speculate that it involves them somehow. Would also be interesting to see what happened to Lyle since he should still be a member of Celestial Being. Allelujah though might not come back because of Marie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
That's what you get when you force completely unnecessary pairings onto characters that don't need them.
Yeah I kind of feel that Setsuna is one of those people who isn’t that interested in forming romantic relationships. He seems to be very focused on his cause more than anything else. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t form bonds but settling down doesn’t seem to be his thing. Marina I feel is similar though she did raise her adopted children.

Perhaps things would have been different if he had led a normal peaceful life or when he grows older. He was only 23 during the movie, which is still young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 48th Ronin View Post
We all know Setsuna x Gundam is the OTP.
I would say it’s Setsuna x ELS. Quite literally I might add.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2018-04-18 at 06:09.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-19, 19:48   Link #11054
Twi

Didn't Aker die? I think it was completely unnecessary given the movie was about first contact, and rendered all those deaths meaningless in the end, but he did die right?

Also Setsuna x ELS x Marina is true pairing via manga.

And while I consider 00 my second favorite Gundam series (though S2 Ep17 with the Oribtial Elevator collapse and everyone working together was my favorite) behind Iron Blood Orphan, it had some issues so I'm leery on a sequel.

Edit: Wait, Aker's alive somehow and fused with ELS... you know what, I'll go with the fantasy.
Old 2018-04-19, 19:51   Link #11055
The 48th Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Also Setsuna x ELS x Marina is true pairing via manga.
Wait, I thought the manga wasn't canon.
Old 2018-04-19, 23:58   Link #11056
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

It isn’t canon to the anime. The manga direct adaptation of 00 is very different from the anime even in from the early seasons. It’s kind of it’s own thing.
Old 2018-04-20, 00:10   Link #11057
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The manga would be especially difficult to reconcile with this retcon of Graham's, since in the manga he suicided against an ELS Gadelaza, rather than against the mothership itself.
Old 2018-05-12, 04:00   Link #11058
konart

Newtype June

Spoiler for big image:
Old 2018-05-12, 04:10   Link #11059
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Newtype June

Spoiler for big image:
Soooo anyone care to translate or find somewhere where someone already did?
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-12, 05:00   Link #11060
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

That stupid-ass watermark will get in the way of translating it.

Tags
spoilers