AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2012-12-28, 20:36   Link #741
chaos_animagic

wait... so... where was Luffy's Brain and Innards??

*see the helmet and making Luffy's hair spiky*
One Piece has the weirdest things ever I tell ya...
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 00:09   Link #742
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Guy/girl, Luffy learned how to use Haki less than 3 years ago(OP time line), there are people in the New world that have been using it for more than a decade. You expect him to beat them as he is now? Let alone easily? You over estimate Luffy.
It's a filler. Luffy is the main character, son of Dragon, grandson of Garp, we know he will be pirate king, he has a ceiling, a potential way higher than most other characters, including all the VAs.

Doesn't matter if you've been using haki for a long time, if you've reached that ceiling, you've reached a ceiling.
Old 2012-12-29, 06:07   Link #743
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
It's a filler. Luffy is the main character, son of Dragon, grandson of Garp, we know he will be pirate king, he has a ceiling, a potential way higher than most other characters, including all the VAs.

Doesn't matter if you've been using haki for a long time, if you've reached that ceiling, you've reached a ceiling.
True, but say their ceiling is 100. Luffy's current Haki level is still around 60-79. He only spent 2 years training the skill, and before that time didn't even know what Haki was, let alone that it existed. True, Luffy can still beat people with alot of experience with Haki but how can anyone expect him to just curbstomp them like with the other marines/pirates etc? He'd at least have a tough time beating them. If a Vice admiral can just destroy a Yonkou, what's the point of all the hype then? what was the point of all the training the Yonkou did? Same for all the battle experience they have. Time didn't just stand still either in those 2 years. Even the admirals must have powered up at least a little bit. Luffy has potential, yes. Has he tapped into it all by now? No way.
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 06:24   Link #744
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Right, I don't think Luffy can stomp a Yonkou, in fact I expect him to still be stomped by a Yonkou even now. But I expect him to be able to handle a VA relatively easily (note: still not stomp). In fact I believe that Luffy was at low VA level before the time skip, so he should be above practically all the VAs by now. The gap between Admiral and VA is huge tho, much larger than the gap between a commodore and say a rear admiral.

It took Z 10 years to get from recruit to petty officer, while it took Coby 2 years to jump from recruit to captain.

Time isn't really that important when judging strength.
Old 2012-12-29, 07:11   Link #745
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Right, I don't think Luffy can stomp a Yonkou, in fact I expect him to still be stomped by a Yonkou even now. But I expect him to be able to handle a VA relatively easily (note: still not stomp). In fact I believe that Luffy was at low VA level before the time skip, so he should be above practically all the VAs by now. The gap between Admiral and VA is huge tho, much larger than the gap between a commodore and say a rear admiral.

It took Z 10 years to get from recruit to petty officer, while it took Coby 2 years to jump from recruit to captain.

well, when you put it that way I can't really disagree with that.
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 08:21   Link #746
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

BOOOOOO no new episode until 5th January....screw you holidays.
Old 2012-12-30, 20:53   Link #747
Arjento

Hi all.

Just finished a marathon One Piece run, catching up on all of the episodes (from when Hody Vs Zorro episode).

Wow, it was sooooo slow paced.

I'm an anime only viewer and would have thought the manga is way ahead of the anime (since it feels like the Hody arc seemed drawn out).

Is this true? Without spoilers of course
Arjento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 21:00   Link #748
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjento View Post
Hi all.

Just finished a marathon One Piece run, catching up on all of the episodes (from when Hody Vs Zorro episode).

Wow, it was sooooo slow paced.

I'm an anime only viewer and would have thought the manga is way ahead of the anime (since it feels like the Hody arc seemed drawn out).

Is this true? Without spoilers of course
Nope, next episode actually enters the same arc that the manga is currently in (though it seems like it'll be ending soon).
The anime felt slow paced, yes...but it still retained the 1 episode = 1 chapter scheme so it never really gained any distance between the manga with just two filler episodes.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 21:42   Link #749
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Punk Hazard arc has begun, so I recommend we have a new thread made for it ASAP.
Old 2013-01-05, 22:56   Link #750
marvelB

^Agreed, and I already made the thread in question.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 03:33   Link #751
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I'm on episode 570 and I am not yet at these episodes, but at the end of the arc there are episode "HS" in the film "Z" I have a question there will be anything in these episodes? extract of the film Z???
Old 2013-01-07, 13:42   Link #752
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

It's a 4-episode filler arc that acts as a "prolouge" to Film Z called the "Z's Ambition arc". It isn't necessary to watch to understand the film, but since Film Z is considered canon material in the One Piece continuity since it's from Oda himself, the Z's ambition filler arc could be considered canon too.

It's really up to you whether or not you want to skip it.
Old 2013-01-07, 14:45   Link #753
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
It's a 4-episode filler arc that acts as a "prolouge" to Film Z called the "Z's Ambition arc". It isn't necessary to watch to understand the film, but since Film Z is considered canon material in the One Piece continuity since it's from Oda himself, the Z's ambition filler arc could be considered canon too.

It's really up to you whether or not you want to skip it.
ok thanks you
Old 2013-01-09, 19:17   Link #754
Dutchlad

Quote:

FINALLY, someone that understands, i totally agree <3
Dutchlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-24, 03:38   Link #755
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I just watched the last episode of the arc and it was very moving and the arc as a whole I loved
10/10