Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-03-27, 21:48   Link #81
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Ep 10 is Marchen's final broadcast episode. Eps 11-12's broadcasts will be put on hold indefinitely.
https://twitter.com/maerchen_anime/s...86829841227777
Man, this is just one of those things you just shake your head.
The only "positive" thing about this is that the original author isn't around to face this tragedy. And you think he already had it tough with the whole fiasco around Mayoi Neko's illustrator.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-29, 15:56   Link #82
Rimbo99

Episode 10 Review

This episode was a great finale to the series at least until the final 2 episodes make their presence known soon.

The ninja girl was a last minute addition but she make her time become a very hilarious character like the Russians. Her Origin isn't too shabby too. Allowing the ability to cut words that are central in using magic. Not only that, she is proud to continue despite her flaws.

Lynn has shown so far to be a shady character that even her own teammates were willing to quit due to how dishonorable she was. Despite having all the connections, her flaw is that she lacks what Hazuki had, a caring heart which is why she lost in the end. Its tragic that Lynn was a victim of child abuse and molestation but that doesn't justify what she has done.

Hazuki on the other hand shows why she is one of the best characters in the series alongside the Russians. This time she's willing to take part even without Shizuka because she's doing this for her sake. It was a hard task but Hazuki's hardwork and dedication paid off in the end and receives aid much like she did for Shizuka.

To make this a great book end, Shizuka finally arrives to turn the tide. Shizuka wished to win the competition for her mother but as time grew on, she came to love the friends she has made there especially Hazuki who was willing to risk her life and change her destiny for her. To make this a more touching scene, her mentors implied that Shizuka's mother was the same as her daughter and that she was willing to tarnish as small as her reputation if that meant her friends are protected. By doing this, Shizuka upheld what represents her clan. When you see her arrive, Shizuka looks like she was going all out because she may be the Moon Princess but the moment anyone lay hands on her family and friends, their lifes were forfeit.
Rimbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-29, 21:24   Link #83
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2018-03-30, 01:59   Link #84
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 10:

Glad that the animation quality is at least back to normal. Episode 9 was just a bad dream.

Nice reference to american zombie films.
Too bad the zombies are easy to get rid of because there are not enough team members to protect Lucy. Santa with guns inside the sack instead of gifts. And I have to admit.. Little Match Girl is one of my favorite stories. - I still remember my mother reading me that story years ago.

Too bad, the British school forfeit.. would have been nice to see what they can do.

And lastly, glad that Shizuka is finally ok now. Throwing down the moon is a nice way to end the fight.

This show would have been good if only the original creator is still alive. Perhaps the production problems could have been avoided.

6.5/10
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-30, 02:04   Link #85
vietthai96
The Saiyan God

Production problem is not come from the dead of the creator, it is the problem of respnsible studio, company that handle the anime adaptaion
Old 2018-03-30, 12:55   Link #86
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Watched episode 10:

Glad that the animation quality is at least back to normal. Episode 9 was just a bad dream.
Well, considering the importance of this episode, they probably processed it parallel to Episode 9 and gave it a high priority in resources. The battle actually looked about as good as ... well, it feels about reasonable for a battle in the middle of the series rather than a finale. And you can see where they economized by placing a "still photograph" of everyone but Shizuka and ran Shizuka over said photo. But at least it didn't look horrible.

Overall my grade for this series is 5. It didn't really conform to the three episode rule, and anything that rose above complete predictability happened quite late. The animation is manifestly cheap even to a person like me who usually doesn't notice these things. The story at least managed to incorporate a few gimmicks towards the end, but overall it is at best a Satisfactory.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-07, 22:05   Link #87
Rimbo99

Fanmade opening to Marchen Madchen

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-04-08, 01:23   Link #88
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Well, considering the importance of this episode, they probably processed it parallel to Episode 9 and gave it a high priority in resources. The battle actually looked about as good as ... well, it feels about reasonable for a battle in the middle of the series rather than a finale. And you can see where they economized by placing a "still photograph" of everyone but Shizuka and ran Shizuka over said photo. But at least it didn't look horrible.
They should at least rework episode 9 animation back to normal for the Blu-Ray release. There's also a VA error there that needs to be corrected.
Old 2018-04-08, 02:13   Link #89
rladls2121

Just passing by, I know nothing of this series.

But really, author of this series passed away!!!?
And on top of that how much he'll be stressed if he lived long enough to see this?
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-08, 05:26   Link #90
Rimbo99

I'm confident we'll have those two episode. I mean take Seven Mortal Sins for example, they somehow got their remaining episodes airing before the studio working on them shut down.
Old 2018-04-08, 23:41   Link #91
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
Just passing by, I know nothing of this series.

But really, author of this series passed away!!!?
And on top of that how much he'll be stressed if he lived long enough to see this?
Oh he lived passed Mayoi Neko Overrun's illustrator fiasco. I'm sure he'd be used to crap like that.

Old 2018-04-09, 06:01   Link #92
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimbo99 View Post
I'm confident we'll have those two episode. I mean take Seven Mortal Sins for example, they somehow got their remaining episodes airing before the studio working on them shut down.
Yes, hopefully we get those two episodes. And also get them in normal animation quality... not the animation quality of episode 9.
Old 2018-05-23, 03:35   Link #93
marconii2002

Episodes 11-12 delayed again https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/999132691613151234
marconii2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-23, 05:59   Link #94
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Hmm, that's still better news than being completely dropped. I shall wait...
Old 2019-03-10, 04:13   Link #95
Rimbo99

Bad News is that the final episodes will appear in May 30. Good News is that we're nearly there.
Old 2019-03-10, 04:19   Link #96
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Also hoping for the fixed versions of episode 1-10 I saw at another site. Not sure if those are the BD release.
Old 2019-03-12, 18:26   Link #97
Rimbo99

Which Site?
Old 2019-03-12, 19:15   Link #98
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Can't remember the website anymore. I think it was just a blog showing the differences between the normal and the "fixed" version of the anime.
Old 2019-04-28, 20:41   Link #99
Rimbo99

Wait a minute, Hazuki's mother is a witch?
Old 2019-05-10, 06:55   Link #100
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 11:

No, they should save Agathe-chan.. her rabbit would be sad.