AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-02-08, 20:44   Link #241
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

that's because bad apple is a touhou song..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 11:22   Link #242
AB079
Banned

And this episode is still showing the exact same stuff all over again, but the only difference is this time we saw Mugi being the one in the same position as hanabi.

Mugi same as Hanabi choose to not face his problems, instead of that he prefers to have sex with his senpai as replacement of Akane and with that have some pleasure. Meanwhile Hanabi in the same situation with Ebato. Then both of our MC's grew tired of their respective pleasure tools and they go straight to see them both again just to stretching the same situation all over again.

On the other hand the episode pretty much confirmed what's the deal with Akane, she's a slut for election, there isn't any other reason for it or a second though. Narumi is still clueless and is hilarious how he can't realize what the hell is going on, believing every bullshit coming from Akane, poor guy the cuckolding is coming hard. The only good part is how smug Akane tells Hanabi that she did it with Narumi.

Another week where Kuzu no Flopai shows how ridiculous and unrealistic is this story, keeping the exact same developments each episode and obviously this will happen until the end of the series.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 14:09   Link #243
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Yeah, it may be getting boring to some I imagine. They're progressing, but some roads can look almost the same for miles, to the point you start to wonder if you're getting anywhere. But there's definitely progress and continuing scum bubbling up to the surface.

Sounds like Mugi's pushed himself into a stupid delusion, one that I believe is fairly common for male characters who love predators: she's a pitiful creature who cannot live without a man at her side. By telling himself that he excuses her behavior toward other men as a desperate need to have that crutch, and similarly forgives all her obvious advances on him as an uncontrollable desperation. And of course it keeps him from admitting the truth: she's a predator, a game hunter who's addicted to the chase, who doesn't need anything from men, just needs diversion. He's not entirely wrong about her needing to have men around, it's just the meaning that changes: the way he says it sounds like she's a weakling who can't handle not having that validation of men assuring her she's pretty, but really she needs them to validate her POWER, to dominate and control. It's like the way a rapist needs a victim to push down and control.

Also, the desperation between out two leads is getting worse. It's painfully clear that at this point both want to give up on this painful insanity and seek actual, meaningful contact from one another, but they only know how to satisfy their lust. They keep trying to use the things they've been doing to create something else, but frankly I think one could argue that the sexual interaction is actually hindering or even preventing them from actually opening themselves earnestly to let one another in. And ironically Hanabi's set up to be one of the sort of people who, through tension or other reasons, is simply not able right now to go all the way with this sort of situation, further accentuating the frustration. I'm sure if they'd succeeded the frustration would still have been there, since it's just more loveless indulgence and that's clearly not what they want.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 14:44   Link #244
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
Another week where Kuzu no Flopai shows how ridiculous and unrealistic is this story, keeping the exact same developments each episode and obviously this will happen until the end of the series.
Did we get the numbers?
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 15:14   Link #245
AB079
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Did we get the numbers?
Yeah, even Masamune-kun is way over this.

Spoiler for rank:

Last edited by AB079; 2017-02-09 at 17:19.
Old 2017-02-09, 17:45   Link #246
AB079
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Also, the desperation between out two leads is getting worse. It's painfully clear that at this point both want to give up on this painful insanity and seek actual, meaningful contact from one another, but they only know how to satisfy their lust. They keep trying to use the things they've been doing to create something else, but frankly I think one could argue that the sexual interaction is actually hindering or even preventing them from actually opening themselves earnestly to let one another in. And ironically Hanabi's set up to be one of the sort of people who, through tension or other reasons, is simply not able right now to go all the way with this sort of situation, further accentuating the frustration. I'm sure if they'd succeeded the frustration would still have been there, since it's just more loveless indulgence and that's clearly not what they want.
That part of your comment is very related to how Mugi-Ebato-Hanabi don't want to deal with their problems. Is somehow like they're trying to avoid the issue by supressing it with their relationships with other people or even using them. Akane knows what she's doing without question, unlike those 3.

They have the tools and they have the answer, and even more they saw what's the reality of their respective crush, yet they choose the wrong path. Is all matter of choices.
Old 2017-02-09, 22:37   Link #247
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
that's because bad apple is a touhou song..
It is possible that Touhou song was referenced but I don't think it was the only source and it would in any case not stop there because the Touhou creators too would have picked that title and composed their lyrics for a reason based on their understanding of pre-existing cultural connotations...

I really think the Kuzu animator's frame of reference isn't restricted exclusively to Japanese pop-culture because Minagawa-sensei was shown clutching a [Richard] Wagner book [Tei-on score] this fifth episode as well and while she is of course a music teacher that she carries works by that particular composer seems to be a recurring theme.
Verso Sciolto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 22:52   Link #248
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

^^ no, i meant Bad Apple is the title of a touhou song. not the same one that's used in the show.

it seems like they're moving kind of fast through the source material. that said, still enjoying it. still cheering for the main couple to get together at the end.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-09, 22:55   Link #249
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Whoah, Sensei calling Akane as Hana-chan? Dammit Hanabi, shoulda just grew your hair out and confessed... even if it isn't successful initially, Sensei would realize over time that he likes you in the end.

And goddam, the gauntlet has been thrown. Like sure Akane really likes NTR'ing people literally just for the lulz, but she really goes out of her way to torment Hanabi. I'm just waiting for Akane to start making a move on Mugi, because even though Akane is just doing it to antagonize Hanabi, I'm interested in what would go on Mugi's mind. He finally gets to sleep with the one he loves, but the thought that it isn't the relationship he wanted is the what really intrigues me.

This isn't going to win any critic awards, but holy crap, is it entertaining.

As for the sales (or prediction of sales?), honestly I'm not surprised. This not being a moeshit anime. and on top of that, the female characters here goes against everything the general otaku fandom likes, this was pretty much a disaster in sales in the making. I'm just glad noitamina is a bloc that can experiment with such stories, so hopefully they recoup this loss some way or another. Live-action drama maybe would fare better? XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-10, 01:00   Link #250
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Is this the 3rd week in a row the anime ended with Sensei giving her evilly evil act?
It's like, man, how do we leave the audience in suspense until next week? Oh yeah, let Sensei do her smug attitude! Not enough Ecchan. Too much Mugi.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-10, 07:19   Link #251
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
I'm not following this series anymore (too many dirty/immoral characters who act more like they are in a bad smut series) but i found a very interesting aspect in this series: this Akane-sensei looks to be/to act the exact oppost of Sakie-sensei from Demi-chan.

Here, we have a very beautiful teacher who will seduce any men for her own personal agenda, even going as far as to incite a teenage girl to become her rival and act the same way in order to have fun competition. In Demi-chan we have another very beautiful teacher with TRUE seduction powers who will not allow herself to treat anyone in the same way, and she even give good advices to a teenage girl who could be her love rival.

There's a very interesting post about Sakie-sensei's sexuality HERE.

In a way, i'd say whereas Sakie-sensei teach us what TO DO with questions about love and sexuality, Akane-sensei teach us what NOT TO DO.

Pardon my bad english.
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-10, 11:04   Link #252
Ultragunner

well, putting aside Akane and our running-away-from-problem MCs, Kanai-sensei is really standing out like a sore thumb the the midst of the whole colossal mess , do we get to know the name of the school they are in?

But who knows, he might still be onto something.
and seriously though, was he drunk when he called Akane "Hana-chan"?
- "only little sis my @ss!!!"....is what I want to say but let's see
Old 2017-02-10, 12:16   Link #253
Arya

Well, at least we had Mugi back. I'm liking Mugi and Hanabi interactions.
On the other hand Mugi's last question came out from nowhere.
Not sure I can buy the story about how he never wanted to do it with her senpai and it was always the other way around though.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-10, 13:02   Link #254
IceHism

all these episode titles are just pop songs

1. Nozomi Kanae Tamae - Kinniku shoujo tai
2. Sono Nukumori ni You ga Aru - Sambomaster
3. Show me love (not a dream) - Utada Hikaru
4. Bad Apple - Zun https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lNZ_Rnr7Jc
5. Destruction Baby - Number girl
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-10, 13:04   Link #255
AB079
Banned

Bad Apple just bring me memories from OSU! lol.
Old 2017-02-10, 16:54   Link #256
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Well, at least we had Mugi back. I'm liking Mugi and Hanabi interactions.
On the other hand Mugi's last question came out from nowhere.
Not sure I can buy the story about how he never wanted to do it with her senpai and it was always the other way around though.
It didn't say he never WANTED to do it with her, only that he was never the one who made the booty call. She asked him to do her frequently enough that his desire didn't build up enough for him to call on her. He was probably 13 at the time, and may have been a little embarrassed to go and call an older girl and ask her to do it, so it would've taken a while before he built up the frustration and the nerve. I mean, he still doesn't have the nerve to straight-up ask her, it wouldn't be surprising if he couldn't even ask her out. He was able to call her up to hang out, but she's the one that brought up sex; he was still working up the guts to ask for it.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-10, 16:58   Link #257
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So Mugi was aware of Akane's true nature since a long time ago. Or at least he thinks he is. In reality, he has no idea who she really is. He thinks she is a pitiful person who can't live without men, when they are in fact just tools to her in order to make other people suffer. He's peeled a little bit of her mask and invented a delusion instead of opening his eyes to the truth. He can't see her for the sadist she is. Because she really is little more than that. All she wants in life is to have fun, and her idea of fun is tormenting other people. Mugi himself is completely caught in her web.
Old 2017-02-10, 19:13   Link #258
MgMaster

This woman's just savage, but gotta admit she's quite entertaining ~ even kinda hilarious when she was complaining how boring Kanai-sensei was(she ain't kiddin' tho...) and then realizing she might get some fun outta this yet. Guy's gonna have his heart broken eventually but he's so naive that I don't feel too bad for him. He's a good guy sure,but too naive for his own good so let this be a harsh lesson

GG easy ~ summs it all up.
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-10, 19:40   Link #259
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
all these episode titles are just pop songs

1. Nozomi Kanae Tamae - Kinniku shoujo tai
2. Sono Nukumori ni You ga Aru - Sambomaster
3. Show me love (not a dream) - Utada Hikaru
4. Bad Apple - Zun https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lNZ_Rnr7Jc
5. Destruction Baby - Number girl
Not "just". I don't think so. They are songs chosen for the episode titles. Why? Just as Wagner has again been chosen as the classical composer whose libretto Minagawa-sensei carries around. Why? Why "Tei-on score"?

Just as the Yakitori restaurant Minagawa and Kanai patronise has Nankotsu and Ponkotsu on the "wall menu" right behind him. Just as there is a poster of a trumpet player on the wall next to their table as well. Just as they leave the name of the place is shown and revealed to include: 名代 and "Chirinuru wo", the latter bit of which is part of the mnemonic poem "Iroha". That part of the poem has been translated into: “will eventually scatter”. Just as what may well be one of the love hotels has Pink Tulip for its name - Hanakotoba: Sincere love, Budding love... and Mugi drinks from a little box with a "futaba", two leafed sprout, for its label... etc ...

Why are you sure it doesn't mean much?

What makes Mugi Awaya different from Akane Minagawa? The dragon fly? His behaviour?
Verso Sciolto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-10, 20:38   Link #260
Peanutbutter

I thought it will be entertaining and interesting to see what happens if Mugi did took Hanabi that time, but nah, it's still slowly boiling.

Is Mugi aware Hanabi now has a same-sex FB? I wonder what that last question to her was all about.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote