AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-09-30, 20:13   Link #321
Kazu-kun

Either way, I'm glad it ended so I can forget about it. What a waste of time.

It's a shame though. I really wanted Hanebado to be adapted and I was really looking forward to it when it was announced. I kinda wish for a re-make by an actually competent team and director. lol
Old 2018-09-30, 23:09   Link #322
devilo96

Sigh~ kinda sad...darth ayano lose the game because some friendship power...
Well i will never try another anime sport that have a bad director
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-30, 23:13   Link #323
Panzercracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Ayano was losing mentaly which is in sport like Badminton very important factor. And once she was able get her self together and size iniciative she was running on fumes already. Difference in stamina, power, mental strenght, strategy. It's only because her genius she was able fight this far in poor state.

Also Arabado sounds great. I too think it should be named that way.
That "poor stat" Ayano win against Connie, a World Class player. And in manga

Spoiler for :

Not to mention Aragaki also in good stat with her knee, but still win against Ayano. Thus stamina/ power is poor excuse for Aragaki win.
Panzercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-30, 23:26   Link #324
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-01, 01:36   Link #325
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzercracker View Post
That "poor stat" Ayano win against Connie, a World Class player. And in manga

Spoiler for :

Not to mention Aragaki also in good stat with her knee, but still win against Ayano. Thus stamina/ power is poor excuse for Aragaki win.
Yet she apparently lost to Aragaki in manga too. Ayano basic strategy is break opponent spirit and neither Connie nor Chinese girl knew how she plays nor they were ready for that. Plus Ayano got plot armor there.

Nagisa knew from beginning how to effectively counter that and was badly underestimated which made it even easier to surprise Ayano and break her game. Once that was broken her mind became broken too. That didn't happen in any other match. Ultimately better stamina was final nail in coffin.
Old 2018-10-01, 01:45   Link #326
Kazu-kun

Actually, in the manga Ayano lost because she wasted almost a whole game trying a different style of playing because she wanted to make a point or something like that. That was the main thing, really. If she played her defensive style during the whole match she would have destroyed Nagisa. When Ayano plays her true style she has no rivals.

But of course, the anime staff wasn't interested in any of that. They got into their heads that Nagisa was some sort of hero and warped the whole story to make it seem that way. Talk about being retarded.
Old 2018-10-01, 02:29   Link #327
Tenzen12

Well as far as translated manga goes Nagisa is still pretty much "hero" of story and Ayano wreck with mommy issues, so only difference is that in anime people aren't hyperactive maniacaly happy most time.

Well as translated chapters didn't really get there jet I can't say if Ayano would really win if she played normally, but anime is much more reasonable not have quitter with no physical training fir half year steamrolling everyone unconditionally.
Old 2018-10-01, 02:44   Link #328
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Well as far as translated manga goes Nagisa is still pretty much "hero" of story and Ayano wreck with mommy issues, so only difference is that in anime people aren't hyperactive maniacaly happy most time.
I'm not sure what translation you're reading because despite her issues Ayano doesn't behave like massive jerk in the manga. Also, the manga has no heroes or villain. It doesn't need that shit. Nagisa is just a badminton player, same as Ayano. It's not that they're maniacally happy. It's just they're not manically psychotic unlike the anime.

Quote:
Anime is much more reasonable not have quitter with no physical training fir half year steamrolling everyone unconditionally.
The only reason It seems reasonable is because she's a lot weaker in the anime. Manga Ayano is a monster which is kinda the point because it's a sport manga and you read a sport manga to see the protagonist play strong rivals and win. The anime is some sort of Mexican soap with a sports as a backdrop. It's not a sport anime.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2018-10-02 at 00:25.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-01, 06:22   Link #329
James Rye

Well, that was "meh". I knew that Ayano "had" to lose, the story was demanding it, but still I didn't like her losing to Nagisa.
Old 2018-10-01, 06:29   Link #330
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for final thoughts:
Referrring to the part I put in bold. That is exactly why I dropped this show like a rock. Manga is just much better. And seeing how it ended, no regrets on dropping it.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-02, 00:19   Link #331
Panzercracker

The ending may be better if the match is unresult with Ayano collapse due run out stamina and Aragaki also collapse with injured leg.
Panzercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-02, 07:11   Link #332
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
I don't care if Ayano lost, after all she was not in a good mental state to begin. Would be unrealistic to hope she wins after lost so many points.

What pisses me is Ayano did not punched or slapped Ushika hard in the face for what she did. No one called her of her bullshit.

She abandoned her own sick daughter, so she commited a crime. I was hoping Elena at least would be smart enough to record her talk with Ushika in her smartphone and give to the police as evidence so she could be arrested.
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-02, 13:18   Link #333
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
She abandoned her own sick daughter, so she commited a crime. I was hoping Elena at least would be smart enough to record her talk with Ushika in her smartphone and give to the police as evidence so she could be arrested.
lololololooolol
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-02, 21:53   Link #334
drawr

Wonder if the writers realized the severity of Ayano's behaviour. She became Ayano alter out of nowhere and then suddenly transitioned back in the finale as if all the parental abandonment trauma they kept hammering in never happened. It was a fascinating spectacle of a show anyway.
drawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-01, 17:45   Link #335
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The show has nice character designs. A pretty good cast of characters to work with, with plenty of potential for development and relationships.

The animation work is also pretty good and the scenes are layed out pretty well when the action gets going. It's not too fast, not too dense and you can pretty easily get the gist of the action parts with out too much narration.

The OP is also pretty catchy and well done visually.

Okey now that all the pleasant parts are out of the way,

I happened to have watched this damn thing in one go, and I'm sure that means my opinion is a lot darker given I haven't had time after every episode to forget and forgive all the bullshit it pulls. From the top...
  • The captain girl is actually an awful person, and terrible as a captain (like all the other captains in the show) because she lacks any form of empathy, responsibility and can't seem to focus on anyone but herself. For the same length of the show takes place she's essentially run the entire club into the ground, killing any joy and fun spirit the club had for the game. When the show starts 3 of the clubs members leave, and just about every other freshmen is scared away.

The shows "redemption" arc for this is just a few seconds of "Uh, yeah sorry for treating you all like human trash." which all the characters readily accept even though she doesn't really apologize to the ones that left. Or fix the clubs now godawful reputation. But it's okey, because everyone has rainbows above their heads and flowers in their eyes. The way it was handled even if she had resorted to physical abuse it would have been just as easily forgiven.... oh wait, that's exactly what happened.

• While on the topic of tomboy girl's competency, lets talk about the shows idea of training. To put it plainly it's simply "work yourself to death" which is just stupid. We do see them doing at least basic stretches but more often then not we also see the training simply involve pushing yourself way beyond your limit. It's no surprise the captain girl, who spearheads this spartan training of hers, is the injured girl; though I doubt the show did it fully aware.

• The mother-daughter drama is nothing but a disguised NTR. It even has the main character looking at a picture of the other daughter kissing her mom and the pretext that her mom never contacted her since. The implications on what twisted relationships her mother had to get herself into to make so this can even exist (all the way to Denmark) are too awful to even think of. Lets not even mention how she decided by herself that her dauther's only future is as an athlete.

Which leads into the main sore point of the show...

• There is little to no empathy in the entire god damn thing! Elena & Coach-kun are the only two characters who can be said to have some though the plot honestly only uses it and twists it for awful purposes. Such as Elena forcing her friend to play Badminton, or Coach-kun always refusing to give exact advice or stop his pupils from killing themselves. The "She has to figure it out herself" trope/excuse has never been more dark. From what I see Coach-kun is nothing but a "wall" to prevent other characters from jumping in to stop the girls from self destructing (if Coach-kun says it's okey it must be okey, right?).

Everyone else falls into one of the following: moegirls that treat everyone with kindness even if they were to be thrown to the ground (most of the go lucky team mates and some of the enemy background team mates), psychopaths (rival, sister & mother), elitist or indifferent ones (used for other teams or side characters the show doesn't want to develop beyond a name & face)

• The show hates normal human relationships. The characters either have some pseudo yuri relationship or they're in some kind of pseudo-business relationship because they're in the same club. I couldn't help but feel sorry for badminton as a sport watching it, it's literally dragged though the mud by this show. We see more human interaction with the former club members then we ever see in the entire show between the club members of the main group.

• Many plot points don't even make sense. Why is the mother and daughter pair even in japan? What they can't feel good if they don't fuck with their sister/daughter? If she wasn't dragged back into badmington what the hell would they even be doing there? Why does the main character never mention her father? Why does Elena have nothing better to do then meddle in her friends affairs all day? Why can blood fueding enemies just "hang out" so easily?

• Why is it suddenly "because it's fun" when it was all dark and gloomy every other time leading to the so called "revelation" Is it implied that shitting on your team mates is part of the fun of badminton? or is the part where you disregard any sportsmanship and start some stupid spitting match to get your opponent down? is that where the fun is? because the show sure has hell fails to answer it's own god damn question it keeps repeating over and over and over:
    "Why am I even doing this for?"
  • Finally, the show make badminton look absolutely awful. It's the anti-sport anime for sport themed anime. If the idea is to disgust people when thinking about badminton then it did a good job at it.

I can only conclude this show is one of two things: it's either tone deaf and went too tryhard which eventually lead the story to bullshit land, or this is completely as intended because it's trying to emulate into a sports show the feelings or themes of genres that shall not be mentioned; lets just say sports themed tragedy of sorts.

Either way, I hope to never see another one like it.
Old 2019-01-02, 01:23   Link #336
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis View Post
I don't care if Ayano lost, after all she was not in a good mental state to begin. Would be unrealistic to hope she wins after lost so many points.

What pisses me is Ayano did not punched or slapped Ushika hard in the face for what she did. No one called her of her bullshit.

Manga source is as flawed to the point it embellishes Ushika several times. The sport is well researched buvthe drama around mother daughter drags it all down. The author is incompetent on that area. And a rushed anime only shows the same problems.
Old 2019-01-02, 02:53   Link #337
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

I think we can all agree that there is nothing good to say about this anime (and the manga per others who have read it). Let's let this thread die and get buried forever.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-02, 04:49   Link #338
Tenzen12

I liked anime (manga in other hand...)
Old 2019-01-03, 10:13   Link #339
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Manga source is as flawed to the point it embellishes Ushika several times.
Not really. It's just that the reason Uchika left Ayano is different in the manga. More importantly, manga Uchika realizes that leaving Ayano was a mistake even if she thought she had a good reason to do so. Unlike anime Uchika, manga Uchika totally regrets leaving Ayano and feels terribly ashamed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
I think we can all agree that there is nothing good to say about this anime (and the manga per others who have read it). Let's let this thread die and get buried forever.
The manga is actually pretty good. There are more chapters translated now. You should give it a chance.
Old 2019-01-05, 14:53   Link #340
SolidN7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Not really. It's just that the reason Uchika left Ayano is different in the manga. More importantly, manga Uchika realizes that leaving Ayano was a mistake even if she thought she had a good reason to do so. Unlike anime Uchika, manga Uchika totally regrets leaving Ayano and feels terribly ashamed.

The manga is actually pretty good. There are more chapters translated now. You should give it a chance.
nah, tha anime rules the manga sucks.

Long live Darth Ayano Dah dah dah dum da da dum da da
SolidN7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
badminton, drama, sports