AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Old 2010-10-05, 21:23   Link #381
Kudryavka

Hm, Kirino seems really tall, almost as tall as her bro.

And nice first ep, btw. Wish I could have just raked in hundreds of dollars so easily when I was her age, lol. Would have filled my room with even more video games.

I'm with larethian about the Love between them being family love, which at this point the two seem to lack a bit. It would make sense how the bro sees it strange to be family close to his sis when they've been distant for so long. Wouldn't be surprised if the awkwardness dates back to Kirino hitting puberty, esp because they're opposite genders. Anyways, I doubt any incest will come of this series, just rekindling a forgotten love.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 22:37   Link #382
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
According to this scan, she is 165 cm tall. Nearly as me O.o.
Old 2010-10-05, 22:40   Link #383
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Hm, 65 inches. An average height for an American woman, but I think for an East Asian female she is really tall. And she's only fourteen, so 165 cm probably isn't her final height. Way taller than me, lol.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 00:21   Link #384
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Hm, 65 inches. An average height for an American woman, but I think for an East Asian female she is really tall. And she's only fourteen, so 165 cm probably isn't her final height. Way taller than me, lol.
thats why she can be a model....
Old 2010-10-06, 00:29   Link #385
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
I have to agree, that is pretty tall for a fourteen year old o.o... But apparently that makes her a good model, aside from her appearance
Old 2010-10-06, 00:51   Link #386
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
thats why she can be a model....
Exactly.. and she's not done growing just yet...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 00:52   Link #387
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i still don't get it, an otaku little sister who has a little sister fetish? what?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 00:56   Link #388
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

With hints of it coming from a brother complex.

Plus her legs are fucking long. Holy shit.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 01:07   Link #389
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
i still don't get it, an otaku little sister who has a little sister fetish? what?
She is basically an otaku little sister that somehow has a little sister fetish because she thinks its "cute" how the relationship between little sisters and big brothers go. Also how the games she play go along, and how cute the little sisters are when you make the cool choices as the big brother, getting her completely addicted to all the cuteness, and adorable aftermath choices... Or so I think.
Old 2010-10-06, 03:11   Link #390
Genjo
Genjo-Subs Founder
*Fansubber

i just think it's funny that her brother is helping her out
Genjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 03:44   Link #391
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
According to the scan her breast size ain't bad either around the 80 numbers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
You should ask yourself about the irony that I mentioned few pages back concerning this=>
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 04:21   Link #392
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
I'm with larethian about the Love between them being family love, which at this point the two seem to lack a bit. It would make sense how the bro sees it strange to be family close to his sis when they've been distant for so long. Wouldn't be surprised if the awkwardness dates back to Kirino hitting puberty, esp because they're opposite genders. Anyways, I doubt any incest will come of this series, just rekindling a forgotten love.
Yeah, I'm hoping for this as well. Perhaps with being in puberty and everything, there'll be some confusion with thinking the rekindled sibling love as romantic love that will no doubt ensue awkwardness, but I hope it won't be much more than that.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm an Asian myself, and a girl that tall is pretty uncommon. Although, even though she's still growing, I think by 14 she's most likely to finish hitting her growth spurt. In my experience, in general girls hits puberty growth spurt faster than boys but then just stop while the boys keep growing and eventually overtake them. So yeah, she'll be growing still, but I doubt she'll be that much taller than her brother (maybe stopping at around his height). Despite that though, in my recent memory the title for tallest little sister in recent memory still belongs to Nazuna from Working!!, she's as tall as his brother (170 cm, I think?) and she's just twelve....
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 05:19   Link #393
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
That's Okazaki himself man, and for whatever reason, Nakamura Yuichi does these caring yet listlessly apathetic roles extremely well.
Considering how Tomoya dealt with certain a purple-haired "bi" tsundere back in Clannad, I am not surprised that the voice fits well. The perfect voice for a counter-tsun guy.

And I am sure something is wrong. 165cm is pretty tall for an Asian girl, especially a loli.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 05:29   Link #394
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Writer Addresses Issue of Adult Games in Oreimo Anime
Old 2010-10-06, 05:29   Link #395
CWW
Lurker

Kirino is not a loli darn it.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 05:35   Link #396
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Out of everything I've tried from the October season, this was the only one I expected to like and it has turned out that way. Rather than get sleazy and gratuitous, it really is poking fun at the genre and seems to want to develop something with substance yet be funny at the same time.

Ayane Taketatsu does a great job of pulling off the sweet and the severe sides of Kirino. Definitely a step up from some of her recent roles. Oda Hiroyuki provides a fresh, spunky yet somewhat warm character design. Nice, gentle OP theme.

Having read 8 chapters of the manga, I've gotten more of an idea where this is going to go. And I've feeling safe in the idea it is going to be an earnest dissection of the sub-genre while maintaining taste and parody humour. It reminds me of My Girlfriend's a Geek somewhat (decent guy falls in love with classy chick that turns out to be a fujioshi) but this is less pandering/over-the-top. And maybe a bit of Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu, but this is classier. Kirino just has the 'it' factor. Even if you factor in typical tsundere behaviour and genre cliches, there's still something refreshing about her. The style of the humour is very welcome. Nice :3 going on with Kirino - I do like superior :3. The scenarios that have occured in the first 8 chapters of manga don't feel contrived at all and evoke a potent mix of sympathy, amusement and tension.

I just get the feeling somehow this series could be the sleeper hit of the year. Early days yet but I see WAY more promise in this than anything else I've watched for the season. ^^

And on that ANN link...why am I not surprised they seem to have intentionally ignored this series completely in their review of the season?

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2010-10-06 at 06:50.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 05:35   Link #397
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Hahaha. That's a good point. I hadn't thought of that. By letting their names be used they're sort of endorsing selling the games to minors.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 05:53   Link #398
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
Kirino is not a loli darn it.
Yeah, you have to be at least 2m tall to consider 165 cm girl a loli. 165 cm is a bit surprising for me too though, I see that Kirino is not short but I'm not expecting her to be as tall as 165 cm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Hahaha. That's a good point. I hadn't thought of that. By letting their names be used they're sort of endorsing selling the games to minors.
I haven't thought of it either. But wait, in that case, does it mean that in the original source the games Kirino played aren't 18+? Or is the problem because that unlike in the original source, the anime gives real names for the games and that makes it seems like an endorsement? This reminds me of Seitokai no Ichizon, where Ken vehemently insists that the game he played aren't 18+, looks like he's avoiding this land mine there...
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 06:00   Link #399
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Kirino admitted in the manga a lot of her material isn't 18+. Clearly the presence of 18+ material in the hands of a minor is an issue. But honestly, this series doesn't seem to go in a sinister direction.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2010-10-06 at 06:50.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 06:37   Link #400
Random Wanderer

You may want to edit those posts. The mods are cracking down on people posting manga information here, even behind spoiler tags.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen