AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-09-30, 00:02   Link #1
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Fable

Now that the game is out what you guys think about it for those who have played it. For me it was a ok game beat it in about 35 hrs. It's a very short game but you can do lots of things on your own. Storywise it sucked big time, this is obviously no Final Fantasy or Star Ocean but the replay value is very high. After I beat the game being a hero. I decided to create another game and be evil. It's pretty fun being evil . Horns actually grow out of his head O_O, so cool, and you can even sacrifice fellow villagers to the devil. So much to explore so little time.
Old 2004-10-01, 10:05   Link #2
Shinigami
Shiki Fuujin

well i am playing thru it now as a good guy , its a fun game but once i play it as a evil guy i doubt ill play it again. but well worth playing , to bad thou it could have been a great game but since its already been 3 years they had to get it out.
Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-01, 23:24   Link #3
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Heh...I thought I was all alone with this game. It's good to know that at least one person has/is playing this game. And yea your right it took 3 years to make the game I think they were pressured to release the game earlier then they expected. That explains the cheapo cliché story and minor game play flaws that exists throughout the game. The game is still fun to play and that’s what counts I guess it just lacks a serious enjoyable story that’s all.
Old 2004-10-02, 02:35   Link #4
DekaMaster
Banned

It's totaly lacking in most things. The only good thing about it is the character creation. They made the game totaly around that and forgot about everything else.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 00:53   Link #5
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
this game was SUPER Hyped, and i prolly wont be playing it until my friend gets it.
i dont wanna get a xbox just for this, although there is that DOA: ultimate coming soon.
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 02:43   Link #6
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sOnJoOL
this game was SUPER Hyped, and i prolly wont be playing it until my friend gets it.
i dont wanna get a xbox just for this, although there is that DOA: ultimate coming soon.
You got that right, and I was stupid enough to get all excited by it . I'm looking forward to DOA4 also. What! you don't have a xbox . Halo alone is worth getting one and who can forget Halo 2. Go get a xbox they recently dropped the price.
Old 2004-10-10, 00:12   Link #7
Domasai
_=_Mada Mada Dane_=_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
Now that the game is out what you guys think about it for those who have played it. For me it was a ok game beat it in about 35 hrs. It's a very short game but you can do lots of things on your own. Storywise it sucked big time, this is obviously no Final Fantasy or Star Ocean but the replay value is very high. After I beat the game being a hero. I decided to create another game and be evil. It's pretty fun being evil . Horns actually grow out of his head O_O, so cool, and you can even sacrifice fellow villagers to the devil. So much to explore so little time.
My best friend bought it, said it was all right. But I had my suspicions about it when it sounded like they had pulled away from doing everything they said they would. In other words, to me, the ultimate RPG (thus far) remains MORROWIND.
Domasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 00:49   Link #8
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Talking :topicoff:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
You got that right, and I was stupid enough to get all excited by it . What! you don't have a xbox . Halo alone is worth getting one and who can forget Halo 2. Go get a xbox they recently dropped the price.
Why buy an XBox when you can play HALO/HALO2 and Fable on PC? Wait, HALO2 isn't going to be out on pc ... ...
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 01:00   Link #9
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

I like how you can kick chickens in this game... hopefully in the sequel... they will improve on the things that need improving... I personally didn't like teleporting all over the place... I wanna ride a horse or ship or something...
Old 2004-10-10, 15:36   Link #10
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

10 things more, you never know.

Last edited by hamiko_san; 2007-12-25 at 16:23.
hamiko_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 16:52   Link #11
JaXter
-=Anime Lover=-

Its has something similar to Black And White that was a funny game being the master of a animal and be good or evil if you went good the animal would look nice if you would be mean to it and let it be mean it would turn out more evil that`s why i believe it has something similar to this game lo
JaXter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 17:30   Link #12
Necrodeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaXter
Its has something similar to Black And White that was a funny game being the master of a animal and be good or evil if you went good the animal would look nice if you would be mean to it and let it be mean it would turn out more evil that`s why i believe it has something similar to this game lo
Another striking similarity, both games we're worked on by Peter Molyneux and his Lionhead Studios.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzuka
Why buy an XBox when you can play HALO/HALO2 and Fable on PC? Wait, HALO2 isn't going to be out on pc ... ...
Will Fable get a pc release, because I was thinking of getting an X-Box, and fable could have been the drop, if you know what I mean. If it'll come out on pc as well, then I guess there's no point in buying an X-Box...
Necrodeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 18:20   Link #13
Yuiichi
Retired.

Yeah, Fable was super hyped. I don't really care about gameplay hours... as long as i enjoyed the game.

Like, my friend said that Halo was too short... well, i beat it today (got it like a week ago) and i thought it was long enough... i mean, i wouldn't want to play any more of what they gave me... the flood is too damn annoying.

Anyways, back to fable... i think that fable might be released for PC, and Halo 2 deffinately will... but just around 2 years after original X-box release, so expect to wait a while.. I personally don't mind the wait (since i don't want to waste my money on a console for 1 or 2 games), but others might not want to wait that long...

Anyways... what does Fable have in terms of story... i wouldn't think it would be too indepth, because you sort of create the story as you go along (so i'm told)
Yuiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 11:24   Link #14
Thyrz
Laidback Luke

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiko_san

The multi-level whatever they are always talking abuot is not new.
Doesn't have to be new to be good.

Quote:
Online play is not new either.
See answer 1.

Quote:
tekken or virtual fighter 4 has a better fighting system.
That's an opinion, not a fact.
Old 2004-10-11, 13:55   Link #15
Imazul

35 hours.....

I beat the game with every quest possible done (I might have missed some bronze quest but I highly doubt it) in 7 hours..... I was so pissed thta the game was so short and rough I went and traded it for Star Ocean 3...
Imazul is offline   Reply With Quote