AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 12 (S1 END) Rating
Perfect 10 46 27.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 24.55%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 16.17%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 10.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.80%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 3.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 6 3.59%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 2.99%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.60%
1 out of 10 : Painful 15 8.98%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-09-20, 14:45   Link #201
R.LocK
My turn

Inaho's dead. Princess's in, at least, vegetative state. Preferably dead. (I want her to remain only in Slaine's heart and nowhere else. No more fake-outs.)

I am amused. Good run, A-1, good run.
Old 2014-09-20, 14:45   Link #202
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Umm how is Slane going to be protagonist when he just crossed over into bad guy territory? Are we watching the same episode?
Old 2014-09-20, 14:45   Link #203
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
Suzaku was written to be hated. Slaine is written to be more wishy washy, I guess to set him up as the protagonist for the second part?
Suzaku is a better character than Slaine. I might like Slaine more than any character in this boring show aside of Saazbaum and some of the girls, but he's not a great character. However, Inaho's just so much worse that makes Slaine look good. His design is cute too, so it helps. Suzaku had Lelouch as competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
But he really isn't conflicted. Saazbaum knew of Slaine's loyalty to the princess, and he egged Slaine on to kill him because Saaz having finished his mission, is ready to die. Saaz didn't know anything of how Slaine dealt with Trillram. However, he did know that Slaine had killed him after finding out about the assassination plot. So, Slaine responded the same way he did with Trillram, in a fit of heated emotion. However, even after shooting sporadically, it wasn't enough to give that kill shot. So, Saazbaum was telling him to take it.
And Slaine chose not to.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-09-20, 14:47   Link #204
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
However, Inaho's just so much worse that makes Slaine look good.
Your opinion. Even though I love the "Lady and Knight" motif, I just can't get interested in Slaine enough.

Quote:
And Slaine chose not to.
He was more worried about the Princess. Or rather, Inaho trying to reach the Princess.
Old 2014-09-20, 14:47   Link #205
coded321
He Who Games

i'm a little shocked to find that a lot of people would rather prefer to see inaho dead. Am i one of the few inaho supporters here?
Old 2014-09-20, 14:48   Link #206
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Umm how is Slane going to be protagonist when he just crossed over into bad guy territory? Are we watching the same episode?
Define "bad guy". Protagonist is merely who the story follows. The protagonist can be the villain, but it hasn't even been established what classifies as a villain at this point in the series.
Old 2014-09-20, 14:49   Link #207
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
i'm a little shocked to find that a lot of people would rather prefer to see inaho dead.
As an Inaho fan, I like him being dead because he had a good death. He was already calculating he was likely to die that day anyways, so when the princess died before him he just gave up. That said, Yuki and Inko are still around, so we'll have to wait and see if they are really all dead.
Old 2014-09-20, 14:51   Link #208
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
i'm a little shocked to find that a lot of people would rather prefer to see inaho dead.
Think about it. He did nothing but fighting robots. As a character, he was nonexistence. At least if he dies he might serve some purpose as motivation for the princess (if she's alive) and the others.
Old 2014-09-20, 14:52   Link #209
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Butch Gen said goodbye to the project after episode 3.
Doesn't mean that he could have left some instructions/suggestions or other influence into the project otherwise.
Old 2014-09-20, 14:53   Link #210
tsunade666

wow... I didn't expect that ending. That ending is indeed strong. Too strong and leave an impact but only last for a couple of seconds because even if its a strong scene. The characters felt lacking but seriously. Slaine must die.

Slaine will probably a good anti-hero type of protagonist. He probably saves and take Seylum. The princess is ALIVE but Inaho is surely DEAD.

RIP bro. Your just too cool and OP that the world is against you.

Let the annoying Slaine take the center stage.

I bet Inko would be a possible protagonist on the next season. Possibly Rayet too. But not Calm. His a joke character. But there is also a possibility that he will felt betrayed because the princess is not around and his rage would sprout a new because his buddy Inaho is dead.

I really liked this series.
Old 2014-09-20, 14:54   Link #211
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Villain Protagonist. Protagonist who are basically villain/bad guys/evil dudes.

Basically most of the stories where the protag is a thief and the other side is the police force - Arsene Lupin, Kaito Kid, etc...
Old 2014-09-20, 14:56   Link #212
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Your opinion. Even though I love the "Lady and Knight" motif, I just can't get interested in Slaine enough.
I'm talking about the general fanbase reaction.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-09-20, 14:56   Link #213
coded321
He Who Games

With so many convinced that inaho is dead, my own hope of him being alive is being slowly eroded by those comments
Old 2014-09-20, 14:56   Link #214
MartianMage

wow just wow...

Finished watching the episode... ok first things first... Dioscuria is OP as heck but what was even more fantastic is how Inaho dealt with Saazbaum. I laughed at the part where he even taunted Saazbaum. "I don't need my gun to finish you off!" ooooh Inaho and your antics...

As for the final twist... Jesus man... even at the final episode... Slaine's stupidity strikes again! Really Slaine... you've gotta do tons to redeem yourself next season. I expect Slaine to finally take charge next season... hopefully all these blunders make him a better protag... I don't see him replacing Inaho as the protag with mad skills but at least he has Tharsis on his side to work with.

Also IMO Inaho is really dead while Asseylum probably survived(grazed shot). Inaho's last crawl to Asseylum with his flashbacks... Q.Q Although with Inaho dead we probably won't see cool tactics in S2 anymore...

10/10 for the badass Inaho vs. Saazbaum alone!
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2014-09-20, 14:56   Link #215
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Villain Protagonist. Protagonist who are basically villain/bad guys/evil dudes.

Basically most of the stories where the protag is a thief and the other side is the police force - Arsene Lupin, Kaito Kid, etc...
Season 2 will be Game of Thrones in space. They killed off all the straight up 'protagonist' characters and now we're left with all these expendables.
Old 2014-09-20, 14:57   Link #216
ChampDream
Alive

what a ending.
I'm guessing Slaine took the Princess body when he left the castle, since at the end they said her whereabouts are unknown, there a chance she alive, now for Inaho I think he is dead, at least 99% he will not comeback to live.
Dioscuria is just all the other mech combine and Saazbaum show how good he was at being a puppetmaster, I think he die too.
there a high chance Slaine will be the antagonist in season 2.
Old 2014-09-20, 14:59   Link #217
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I'm talking about the general fanbase reaction.
General my ass. Right on this very forum, we have people who likes Slaine and people who likes Inaho. Some sites on the net hate Inaho while reddit wants the Slain Train Pain to never end.
Old 2014-09-20, 14:59   Link #218
Divini
Senpai!

I would like to know how the Earth forces have any chance at winning without Inaho...
Old 2014-09-20, 14:59   Link #219
Raziel1991

So..... Slaine saved Saazbaum even though he knew he wanted the princess dead and thanks to that the princess actually did die. And then he shot Inaho despite the fact he saw how the princess cared for Inaho, making it obvious he was not her enemy. Sigh, I dont understand Slaines popularity.

Well atleast this end leaves a lot potential for the second season. I personally would like to see the princess survive and become the protagonist.
Old 2014-09-20, 14:59   Link #220
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampDream View Post
what a ending.
I'm guessing Slaine took the Princess body when he left the castle, since at the end they said her whereabouts are unknown, there a chance she alive, now for Inaho I think he is dead, at least 99% he will not comeback to live.
Dioscuria is just all the other mech combine and Saazbaum show how good he was at being a puppetmaster, I think he die too.
there a high chance Slaine will be the antagonist in season 2.
He's the protagonist. How convenient that he just left two corpses behind and everyone could assume that Saazbaum and Inaho killed each other because Yuki and Inko never saw the Tharsis.

Closed Thread