AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-03-11, 05:06   Link #3201
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySimpson96 View Post
He looks like he's aged 5 years, has there been a massive time skip at some point?
At least 2 years should have passed since Vol 1. Kirin really looks like a mature young lady. I'm curious how much she has "grown" over the past few years.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-11, 14:24   Link #3202
AndySimpson96

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
@AndySimpson96: Didn't it say his growth had stopped because of the seal? Saya also told Julis that any training he did with the seal still there wasn't doing anything to him because his growth was frozen in place. Maybe now that the seal is gone, his body's time fast forwarded. Though he did still age before the seal came off completely, too, so this theory is a bit off.
Ah, that'll explain it.

*reading Yen's release so a bit behind.
AndySimpson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-11, 15:02   Link #3203
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Well, he did age and grow taller. So aside from his growth through training having stopped because of the seal, I might be off. Maybe the reason he looks older is because two years have passed in the story since Volume 1. As AP24 said.
Old 2018-03-14, 21:40   Link #3204
carmolita

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
A good way to portray some of those introspective narrative lines could be from text added on the screen alongside the animated scenes, like the Monogatari Series tends to do. This original Netflix story, B: The Beginning, does so too, and adds an extra layer to the overall narrative.
In an age where many people watch Anime in a digital format, it shouldn't be hard to assume people could pause the video and check the extra lines.
That would have been great if that was there intention with the anime, but I think they chose to centralize the anime around Julis, which resulted in the changing/ misdirection of the story. Once they cut out Helga and gave her lines to Madaith, it's was obvious where they were going with it. They even omitted some of the references about Haruka in relation to Ayato. Such as, after Irene told Ayato about how Dirk wanted to crush him, he went to see Claudia, not only did he ask her about the Luxes, he asked her about Dirk knowing Haruka, then Claudia said she would look into it. Those things were important because it showed that Ayato was affected so much by what he saw of the relationship between Irene and Priscilla at the dinner table that night. It made him more determined to find about his sister on his own without anyone coaching him. It was a turning point for his character.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Testarossah View Post
Exactly. The first five books of Asterisk were used develop the characters, their relationships and goals, and heavily work on how the world worked. The anime skipped all that.
I liked how the tournament was a secondary thing, but the anime made it being the main focus. That was a major mistake.
Then we finally had a plot-focused book being adapted, which was the sixth book... But it was extremely rushed and they even cut major characters and choose to spend most of the final episode in a fight instead of what was really the plot twist of that book (Finally finding Haruka).

Well, it can't be helped. My biggest complaint is still that they cut Helga from the anime , I really wished at least I could see her even if the anime wasn't all that good.
I couldn't agree with you more !! Not to mention that right now in the Novel Helga's character has become even more important.
In vol 12 chapter 6 When Ayato said to Lamarious "So your not going to kill us" Lamarious went on to talk about how the others wouldn't really cause him any problems but that Helga and Isabella would pose a problem for him if they died, so he did not kill Haruka and Ayato (even though he was more then capable of doing so at that moment). So Helga's character is indeed important. So much so that if they were to try and do another anime - they would need to do a time skip to bring those characters back. I'm still waiting for her to get illustrated. Not to mention that right now you have 3 major things happening.
1) The Lindwurm and Ayato x Julis issue
2) Mediath's plan is going to happen in 2 weeks so everyone's still trying to find out what it is so they can take him down
3) Helga, Haruka and Claudia are trying to locate and take down Varda
ok maybe 4 things
4) Haruka has this personal vendetta against Lamarous and she wants to find out who he is and get payback, not to mention she's being targeted by the GBA and needed for his plan~Which again no one knows what it is So this tournament is more like a backdrop to everything that's going to be happening but exciting none the less. Not to mention with the influx of people it's kind of foreshadowed that some things are going to happen outside of the Lindwurm, because the guard is in charge of dealing with it, and haurka more less told Ayato she can't be there for his battles cause she's got to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezel View Post
Isn't it just Akari's flashback? The only thing that worry me now is Valda handing over pure manadyte to Hylda, that actually hasten her research for years. Now Valda may not need Madiath to succed in his plan to cause 2nd Invertia. Maybe it's backup plan?

Honestly the "present timeline" have more complicated and shady deals that past one. We still know nothing about Dirk and Percival's alliance matter.
Madiaths's flashback was in chapter 2 and then Akaris' was in chapter 4, but I agree with you that the things happening in the present are much more dangerous and shady. But now that you mention it, Hilda could be a backup plan to Varda since she started the experiment again on herself. I can't wait to find out Dirk's plan, he's manipulating everyone and has no problems with trying to kill people. I wouldn't be surprised if Madiath cut ties with him because he hasn't told him anything about his plan. I'm still curious how Haruka is supposed to fit into all of this, I wonder if he needs her power for something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySimpson96 View Post
He looks like he's aged 5 years, has there been a massive time skip at some point?
Ayato was 12 when Haruka left home, she had been missing for 5 years so he was 17 when he went to asterisk 2 years have past from the time he found her till the time she woke up and by the end of vol 12, 7 months have past, so Ayato is now 19 yrs old and 7 months at the start of the Lindwurm. Since Haruka was sleeping/ existing outside of time when she sealed herself, she is now 17 yrs old and 7 months because she did not start ageing again until she woke up, so Ayato is now older than her but still sees her as his older sister. Kirin is 15 years old and 7 months now

Last edited by carmolita; 2018-03-14 at 22:17.
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-15, 05:39   Link #3205
Rezel
Evil catgirl translator

We'll have 50 more pages of Akari's flashbacks and much of fightings in v13 =) Tanoshimi ni suru!
Old 2018-03-15, 06:08   Link #3206
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@carmolita: Great post, man. I completely agree. And I also really want to know what Dirk's planning and what role Haruka plays in it. Madiath's, too.

Has the Ser Versta been repaired already? If so, what Volume? And I want to see him master it.

Speaking of Orga Luxes. They have to be left back at the Academy whose jurisdiction they're in once the students who were using them graduate, right? I don't really like that. Even if Ayato wants to keep Ser Versta, he won't be allowed to. And what do they do in the off-chance that the Orga Lux itself wants to stay with that student, like for example if Ser Versta takes more of a liking to Ayato and doesn't want to part with him? What will Galaxy do in that case? It seems unlikely, but I think it's at least possible.
Old 2018-03-15, 06:48   Link #3207
Rezel
Evil catgirl translator

Quote:
@carmolita: Great post, man. I completely agree. And I also really want to know what Dirk's planning and what role Haruka plays in it. Madiath's, too.

Has the Ser Versta been repaired already? If so, what Volume? And I want to see him master it.

Speaking of Orga Luxes. They have to be left back at the Academy whose jurisdiction they're in once the students who were using them graduate, right? I don't really like that. Even if Ayato wants to keep Ser Versta, he won't be allowed to. And what do they do in the off-chance that the Orga Lux itself wants to stay with that student, like for example if Ser Versta takes more of a liking to Ayato and doesn't want to part with him? What will Galaxy do in that case? It seems unlikely, but I think it's at least possible.
Yep, SV long time repaired and at the end of v12 Ayato mastered it.

AF orga luxes... Festa winners can ask for orga lux and they'll get it. There's cases like that.
Old 2018-03-15, 07:00   Link #3208
DragonOsman
Dragon King

But I don't think Ayato will ask to be allowed to keep his. It's a shame.

What Volume was Ser Versta repaired in?
Old 2018-03-17, 01:33   Link #3209
Rezel
Evil catgirl translator

Quote:
But I don't think Ayato will ask to be allowed to keep his. It's a shame.

What Volume was Ser Versta repaired in?
somwhere between 11 and 12. In v12c1 Ayato gave SV to Haruka and she burned fake memories inside her.
Old 2018-03-18, 01:49   Link #3210
AYCAMA

Alright, I have sort of a confession to make.. I started watching this series with season 1 and i enjoyed it. I was convinced to start taking Asterisk war seriously, and start reading the LN's. However, before I made thay commitment, I ran into digibros little asterisk war playlist, and yea.. Im sure i dont need to say anything else.. I couldnt stand having another man form change my opinion however, Im not one to ignore the obvious facts and flaws. However, after some convincing, Ive decided to come back and give the series another try. It took me awhile though, because I was put off by how far behind I was to the story. So, I plan on watching season 2, as then starting the light novel's once more. BUT, before I do so, there's two questions that i want answered.

1) Yabuki Eishirou.. Ive read a few pages on this forum, and I've seen no mention of his name so far. And does he attract any girls himself? Or do they all typically flock towards Ayato like a certain series >_>

2)Are the LN's Better than the anime? Should I just read it ?instead
AYCAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-18, 06:03   Link #3211
DragonOsman
Dragon King

1) Yabuki Eishirou is a member of the Shadow Star. Seidoukan's Special Ops organization. He has no romantic relationships that we know of. But although Ayato does have the potential to become a Harem King if he and the girls want that, rest assured that not all of the named females in the story are in love with him.

2) Ignore the anime and just read the LNs (starting from Volume 1). The LNs are better, especially since the anime cut out and changed quite a few things. [Note: I haven't watched the anime, and after reading what people on here have to say about it, I've decided to never do so.]
Old 2018-03-18, 06:09   Link #3212
RDNexus

I watched the Anime and had fun doing so.
You can always use the Anime to see stuff animated and then pick the LNs for a more in-depth understanding of the whole story.

Now, the final choice is up to you.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-18, 07:47   Link #3213
Dragon_Slayer_X

Asterisk is one of the better adaptations (despite some of the cuts) so don't skip it. It will help you get through the LNs faster later if you have the basic idea.

At the very least, watch the OP and ED for both seasons. They are pretty good.
Dragon_Slayer_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-18, 09:14   Link #3214
AYCAMA

Quote:
1) Yabuki Eishirou is a member of the Shadow Star. Seidoukan's Special Ops organization. He has no romantic relationships that we know of. But although Ayato does have the potential to become a Harem King if he and the girls want that, rest assured that not all of the named females in the story are in love with him.

2) Ignore the anime and just read the LNs (starting from Volume 1). The LNs are better, especially since the anime cut out and changed quite a few things. [Note: I haven't watched the anime, and after reading what people on here have to say about it, I've decided to never do so.]
Ah I see. Much appreciated. Sorry for the stupid question, im aware that in harems the MC are the only one's girls pay attention too so I dont know what I was expecting this time haha. Appreciate all the replies.
Old 2018-03-18, 09:32   Link #3215
Dorakero

Quote:
1) Yabuki Eishirou is a member of the Shadow Star. Seidoukan's Special Ops organization. He has no romantic relationships that we know of. But although Ayato does have the potential to become a Harem King if he and the girls want that, rest assured that not all of the named females in the story are in love with hi
According to asterisk wikia
Both lester and yabuki have a girl friend ,they are just not in the main cast
Dorakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-18, 09:32   Link #3216
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Everyone: I think the anime for Gakusen is one of those you should watch for entertainment. And then when you read the LNs, read from Volume 1. Just look at what people have said about the anime in this thread on the last page or two.

@AYCAMA: This is one of the harem series where the girls in the harem have a life and relationships outside the harem and also a good relationship with each other. It's not a bad harem series. You won't hate if you read the LNs.
Old 2018-03-18, 09:49   Link #3217
AYCAMA

Quote:
@Everyone: I think the anime for Gakusen is one of those you should watch for entertainment. And then when you read the LNs, read from Volume 1. Just look at what people have said about the anime in this thread on the last page or two.

@AYCAMA: This is one of the harem series where the girls in the harem have a life and relationships outside the harem and also a good relationship with each other. It's not a bad harem series. You won't hate if you read the LNs.
I suppose.. How much screen/page time does Yabuki get?

@Dragon_slayer_X I LOVE season 1's ED <3
Old 2018-03-18, 11:11   Link #3218
carmolita

@Rezel 50 pages of Akaris flashbacks ?! Yikes!! so much to read saw your chapter list so glad that it's 10 chapters... since it takes so long to release. I just pre-ordered vol 14 yesterday

ok..Finally, read the sample version of vol 13 this morning ...Looks like Akari's flashbacks is starting from before she came to asterisk. And if I read her name correctly ..It looks like Kirin's mom was her closest friend.

The sample did have the start of the Lindwurm in it ...like only a few pages... Mediath is giving some speech that has people excited, there are over 100,000 people there ( this is a recipe for trouble). Ayato is there looking up at Mediath and listening to his speech, Saya is there, so is lester and off in the distance, Ayato can see Julis. Claudia and Isabella think that Varda may of used some of her mind control on some of the people from Galexy.

**With the tournament being so big, there is bound to be a lot happening behind the scenes**
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-19, 03:37   Link #3219
Rezel
Evil catgirl translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYCAMA View Post
I suppose.. How much screen/page time does Yabuki get?

@Dragon_slayer_X I LOVE season 1's ED <3
Not that much in first arc, but he'd get his role in second and last ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
@Rezel 50 pages of Akaris flashbacks ?! Yikes!! so much to read saw your chapter list so glad that it's 10 chapters... since it takes so long to release. I just pre-ordered vol 14 yesterday

ok..Finally, read the sample version of vol 13 this morning ...Looks like Akari's flashbacks is starting from before she came to asterisk. And if I read her name correctly ..It looks like Kirin's mom was her closest friend.

The sample did have the start of the Lindwurm in it ...like only a few pages... Mediath is giving some speech that has people excited, there are over 100,000 people there ( this is a recipe for trouble). Ayato is there looking up at Mediath and listening to his speech, Saya is there, so is lester and off in the distance, Ayato can see Julis. Claudia and Isabella think that Varda may of used some of her mind control on some of the people from Galexy.

**With the tournament being so big, there is bound to be a lot happening behind the scenes**
Claudia and Isabella don't think. They already know that iirc. And man, in next month we'll get another volume! I just don't know how to overcome that hell!
Old 2018-03-19, 09:46   Link #3220
AYCAMA

Just finished the 2nd season, and I thought it was pretty enjoyable. Hopefully we'll get a season 3 one day. Anyway, I now plan on starting the light novels, like I should've done 2 years ago >.> Very hyped to see what they do with Yabuki's character from now on. One more thing. I heard everywhere that Ayato goes out with sylvia and all that in the future, but with my experience with anime/LN's thus far, I'm almost 100% positive that by the end of the series that ayato and julis will for sure end up together.. I mean I already figured that when he literally declared himself to be there for her by ONLY the 3rd episode of season 1... But I personally felt like season 2 made that especially clear. I mean with the whole implication of Ayato saying he would "think about it when the time comes" when asked by julis' brother if SHE wanted to marry him herself. As well as the whole "I'll only enter this if she enters with me" crap. But hey, to each their own right? Hopefully this series gives me a fun ride!

Tags
alternate history, fantasy, harem, school life