AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-04-14, 03:40   Link #61
kazakiri
Nobody Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
In Hong Kong, Volume 11 traditional Chinese edition of Mahouka novel had been labelled as, this series can only be sold to people who aged above 18....
Weird since, I was under the impression that people became more prejudiced as they grow older...
kazakiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 04:29   Link #62
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
You are misunderstanding one thing, BS magicians haven't a limited array of spells, they have only one spell, so their options for CM are really, really limited, it's true that we don;t know enough about BS magicians though. Also Tatsuya doesn't know ZI or DF, it would be a waste of time to learn this anyway.
I guess it depends in what area the BS is specialized. For tatsuya for example he has more then one spell.
His trident contains 3 different spells wrapped up in one activation sequence,that includes mist dispersal.
Gram dispersion is another spell, area-of-effect decomposition is another(its mentioned in volume 12 ch1 but the way its mentioned seems he know this for some time), material burst is another. I see at least 5 spells so far.
I true that Haruka seems to have only cloaking, but the author hasn't actually shown her true abilities, she might have more then cloaking.

As for tatsuya not knowing ZI and DF its wrong, he knows them but because they fall in the generalized magic category he can`t use them very well.
We know ZI is very dependent to the user interference strength which Tatsuya has plenty of it(stated the reason he and lina was able to use spell under miyuki heavy ZI was because their interference strength was higher then the ZI).
Interference strength= the ability of the magician to change the eidos, giving that tatsuya can even tap into its structure core that alone gives him an insane amount of interference strength.
But ZI its still a spell that needs recasting, and with tastuya cast speeds in general magic being very shitty this spell its not that useful in a battle.
Besides who needs ZI when he can use AOE decomposition spell to act as a shield around him(is this aoe spell gram dispersion used as an area of effect spell by any chance?)
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 07:26   Link #63
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
I guess it depends in what area the BS is specialized. For tatsuya for example he has more then one spell.
His trident contains 3 different spells wrapped up in one activation sequence,that includes mist dispersal.
Gram dispersion is another spell, area-of-effect decomposition is another(its mentioned in volume 12 ch1 but the way its mentioned seems he know this for some time), material burst is another. I see at least 5 spells so far.
I true that Haruka seems to have only cloaking, but the author hasn't actually shown her true abilities, she might have more then cloaking.
Surely it depends but I don't see why you'd think Haruka can do more, maybe she has other variety of cloaking but that's everything I can imagine. Tatsuya can only do 2 things

Spoiler for Quote from V08:

He created varied techniques but they are still essentially Decompostion or Reconstruction.

Quote:
As for tatsuya not knowing ZI and DF its wrong, he knows them but because they fall in the generalized magic category he can`t use them very well.
We know ZI is very dependent to the user interference strength which Tatsuya has plenty of it(stated the reason he and lina was able to use spell under miyuki heavy ZI was because their interference strength was higher then the ZI).
Interference strength= the ability of the magician to change the eidos, giving that tatsuya can even tap into its structure core that alone gives him an insane amount of interference strength.
But ZI its still a spell that needs recasting, and with tastuya cast speeds in general magic being very shitty this spell its not that useful in a battle.
Besides who needs ZI when he can use AOE decomposition spell to act as a shield around him(is this aoe spell gram dispersion used as an area of effect spell by any chance?)
DF and ZI are common counter magics but it doesn't mean everyone use them, some magicians have their specialized counter magics.

Using IS and ZI are completely different things. ZI creates a fixed area where magic is nullified and there is pure interference strength, like during the clash between Miyuki and Lina in V9, here Lina could do nothing, that was Miyuki's full and pure IS. Masaki for example used a large wave of IS to erase the phantoms, that's not ZI.

So far, Miyuki is portrayed as the magician with the strongest IS and her ZI is one of the best in the world. Miyuki's ZI nullifies all magic attacks but hers, meaning that she doesn't use her full IS, otherwise she wouldn't be able to use other magics. If she uses it a full power, it would truly become a zone without any magic.

So, there is a minimum, a minimum of IS you must be able to provide and then struggle hard to maintain it within her ZI and that level is not obligatorily A class since even Tatsuya can do it, if you can't struggle then it's over for you. Tatsuya honed his skills to perfection, he sure is skilled at using his IS, it is not powerful but as he proved against Tomitsuka, he is skilled at acceleration magic too even if it is C-class unlike.

He can struggle to maintain his magic for sure. But of course if he wanted he could have destroyed her zone with Gram spells .
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 08:31   Link #64
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Surely it depends but I don't see why you'd think Haruka can do more, maybe she has other variety of cloaking but that's everything I can imagine. Tatsuya can only do 2 things

Spoiler for Quote from V08:

He created varied techniques but they are still essentially Decompostion or Reconstruction.

DF and ZI are common counter magics but it doesn't mean everyone use them, some magicians have their specialized counter magics.

Using IS and ZI are completely different things. ZI creates a fixed area where magic is nullified and there is pure interference strength, like during the clash between Miyuki and Lina in V9, here Lina could do nothing, that was Miyuki's full and pure IS. Masaki for example used a large wave of IS to erase the phantoms, that's not ZI.

So far, Miyuki is portrayed as the magician with the strongest IS and her ZI is one of the best in the world. Miyuki's ZI nullifies all magic attacks but hers, meaning that she doesn't use her full IS, otherwise she wouldn't be able to use other magics. If she uses it a full power, it would truly become a zone without any magic.

So, there is a minimum, a minimum of IS you must be able to provide and then struggle hard to maintain it within her ZI and that level is not obligatorily A class since even Tatsuya can do it, if you can't struggle then it's over for you. Tatsuya honed his skills to perfection, he sure is skilled at using his IS, it is not powerful but as he proved against Tomitsuka, he is skilled at acceleration magic too even if it is C-class unlike.

He can struggle to maintain his magic for sure. But of course if he wanted he could have destroyed her zone with Gram spells .
true that every magician has his own counter magic, that's a logical fact if everyone used same counter magic it will be to easy to plan against them.
And yes miyuki is shown to have the strongest ZI so far no question about it.
As for her fight to lina it only shows that miyuki was more powerful then lina since myuki was able to cast an a rank spell and cast ZI at same time to prevent linas magic the same was for lina since she also had a A-rank spell and counter magic(i think lina was good with Data fortification) at same time this shows that miyuki had more power since she was able to control the power of the spell and still maintain a ZI that blocked linas spell and was slowly wining over lina's defences.
But when we talk about tatsuya IS power i think its same to assume u can split that in 2 parts(when tatsuya was born he had decomposition and regrowth? but no ability to use general magic, general magic was given to him by a surgery that implanted an artificial magic center in his brain giving him limited access to normal spell).Its true that while using normal spells his IS is only c-rank but his decomposition IS its probably even more powerful then normal a-rank magicians.
Since his decomposition can just remove ZI (that includes miyuki ZI)without any sort of difficulty that only attest that his innate magic had far more IS then normal magicians.

I`m gonna try to put this in an other context.we know that reality has an identical image in information dimension(eidos) where everything is like data.Magicians through IS are able to alter that data to create and desired effect also known as a spell.The more u are able to alter that data the more powerful the spell and more complex hence why IS is important to judge magic power.
Now let assign some number to this. lets say eidos in his normal state has a value of 10.
in order to alter that u need to apply a IS that;s greater than 10 to begin to change the eidos to whatever result the magician wants.The higher the the IS number the more changes can occur.
In case of ZI is a spell that has the caster at its center like a circle and the spell sequence its at the center with the interference emanating outwards. The zi will put out IS lets say in the numbers of 100 so in order for an enemy spell to work inside the ZI area it needs the IS to be greater then 100.
Thats the same for tatsuya in order for his gram dispersion to reach the magic sequence it needs to cut through the ZI interference zone. Hence why i stated that his IS while using decomposition is far greater then one can put through a ZI.
His gram dispersion doesn't simply bypasses the defenses but instead cut through in order to decompose the magic sequence and thus totally eliminating the defense.
In case of DF the process is different unlike ZI who creates a aoe effect DF actually augments the eidos to stop the enemy spell from altering it. Just like above if a magician augments his information body in eidos to lets say 100 , the spell needs to have a higher IS number to modify that information body(aka the spell to have effect).
I hope this rudimentary explanation makes sense
Old 2014-04-14, 10:28   Link #65
Vaultec

Im not sure if this question belongs here, but I was wondering what exactly is Tatsuya's motive? Why is he still attending high school and taking orders from the Yotsuba family? I understand that Tatsuya has the guardian role, but that doesnt really explain why he follows the Yotsuba family's instructions, considering how his sister dislikes the family? Also what exactly is the main antagonist in the series? Is it the ten families, Yotsuba, or something else?
Vaultec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 10:42   Link #66
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaultec View Post
Im not sure if this question belongs here, but I was wondering what exactly is Tatsuya's motive? Why is he still attending high school and taking orders from the Yotsuba family? I understand that Tatsuya has the guardian role, but that doesnt really explain why he follows the Yotsuba family's instructions, considering how his sister dislikes the family? Also what exactly is the main antagonist in the series? Is it the ten families, Yotsuba, or something else?
Tatsuya wants to change the way magicans are treated ... probably so that Miyuki won't be forced to go through a similar experience as he did, once she becomes the clan head and for her to have a better life then he does...

Miyuki is the candidate to become the next head ... due to Tatsuya,and it doesn't seem like she will give up on that position ... due to her mother's teaching. (according to Maya and so far I haven't seen something that contradicts that)

She also doesn't hate the entire clan, since ... from what I have seen her relationship with the Kuroba twins is on pretty good terms.

The only people that she dislikes are the ones who downplay and ridicule her brother ... but she can slowly reform that way of thinking ... once she becomes the clan head.

Tatsuya is attending High School because Miyuki is attending it ... it's a part of his Gaurdian duties and being close to his Primary ... in case something happens and it does give him opportunity to study and access the Magic University library so he is not complaining about it...

Also Tatsuya takes orders from the Yotsuba ... because they also usually have an effect on Miyuki's safety and the safety of the world surrounding her, which is the only thing that he really cares about...

Finally ... we don't know who is going to be the final main antagonist, since the novels are still ongoing ... currently that role is filled by Zhou Gongijn and his master the Black Sage, who want to destroy the Yotsuba (which, also involves Miyuki ) for destroying their country a few years ago...
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 10:59   Link #67
Guest2

Tatsuya's only order from the Yotsuba is to protect Miyuki with his life and maintain her lifestyle and the secrecy of their background. This is also Tatsuya's wish so there's no reason for him not to follow the Yotsuba's order and they barely have any other contact unless something important or threatening turns up.

The only thng she dislikes is the way her aunt, father and the Yotsuba butler treat her brother, but I see no reason yet for him to leave them. Since he has several job's where he's handsomely paid and well respected, gets to do what he wants despite requests from his familiy, and gets protection from one of the strongest magic clans in the country.

His motive for going to the 1st High besides being with Miyuki, is stated as to gain access to the affiliated Magic University's Records for his own personal research.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 11:18   Link #68
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
I believe miyuki's wish is to see her brother get the credit and the respect he deserves hence why i`m pretty sure if she becomes the head of the family will release her brother from the guardian duty and take his place as a real magician in the clan.
miyuki is not one of the candidates she is the heir,even if its not official, the only thing that holds miyuki from openly opposing the clan is that fact. And guess what if miyuki goes against the clan so is her brother and as stated by maya herself that will be the end of the clan, since there's no one in the clan that can actually do anything about it hence why maya already made her choice about the next heir she just didn't make it official. i believe the quote was a long the lines
" Its the only way to keep the monster from turning on us".

As for tatsuya wish, he tries to make the world a better place for magicians. Its said in LN that most of the top tier magicians would end up in the military one form or another and miyuki is part of that top tier.
When i say making a better world on magicians i don't mean changing the world more along the lines of making the world more dependent on magic, hence his research in the gravity fusion reactor, flight magic and that relic that has the ability to store magic sequences, if he cracks that he will allow normal people to use magic, thus integrating magic even more in society and as a result magicians will not only be needed as weapons in war but also for day to day activity, Hence removing the status of weapons only from magicians.

As for him still taking orders from yatsuba, from what i have read so far he only obeys those orders that are related to miyuki safety.
In volume 11 the clan orders him to turn the 3H robot to the clan and he ignores that, even his aunt didn't had much to protest about that. He ignores the no flash casting order as well in the 9SC arc, and several times after that etc.His more inclined to listen to the military then the clans orders.

As for the main antagonist we still have no idea, as said LN is still on going as of the last arc its the Anti-Magic and The sage that runs it but i suspect the motives behind the sage are not to eliminate magic from the world but something else.
As for maya and yotsuba clan, don`t know about the clan but i get the impression that maya is not actually tatsuya enemy but we shall see as the story goes on.
Old 2014-04-14, 17:17   Link #69
BW95
Banned

Quote:
For starters, he is Miyuki's Guardian so he has to guard her at all times. Going to high school isn't all that bad of a deal for him, either. The nation's magical research can only be accessed from magic high school and university, which he plans to use to achieve his true goal. Tatsuya wants to move magicians out of the private sector so they don't have to be used as weapons by the military. This would also cut the power of the ten families, particularly the Yotsuba.

The ultimate antagonist will undoubtedly be the Yotsuba, but for now they consist of foreign military powers such as GAA and USNA, other families such as the Saegusa, and other other sages.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 18:50   Link #70
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
For starters, he is Miyuki's Guardian so he has to guard her at all times. Going to high school isn't all that bad of a deal for him, either. The nation's magical research can only be accessed from magic high school and university, which he plans to use to achieve his true goal. Tatsuya wants to move magicians out of the private sector so they don't have to be used as weapons by the military. This would also cut the power of the ten families, particularly the Yotsuba.

The ultimate antagonist will undoubtedly be the Yotsuba, but for now they consist of foreign military powers such as GAA and USNA, other families such as the Saegusa, and other other sages.
not sure if USNA is an antagonist anymore(maybe lina will be an ally), GAA and the anti-magic goon squad in front with the sage will play a part in it that's for sure, as for the ultimate antagonist i bet it will be the ten master clans, since the 10 clans selection is coming up and the plot of the other clans to reduce the yotsuba power i bet the clan will end up in a position where they will need tatsuya's help in order to survive but since the clan has treated him the way they did his help wont come cheap if will come at all.Why do i get this tingling sensation that at the end he's gonna be the next heir, maybe even the head?
i guess my theory depends on what the author meant by chopping at yotsuba power, but judging that the clan power it determined by the magic power of the clan members, i assume it will mean "removing" some of its members. I based this theory on the statement that Elder Kudou made regarding to tatsuya, that if the other clans knew that tatsuya is a strategic magician , that will give the yotsuba a great advantage over the rest of the clans. AS happen to the Itsuwa clan that ascended to the ten master clans just because they had a strategic magician Itsuwa Mio.
Old 2014-04-15, 03:52   Link #71
niffum

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post

I disagree with the idea that the Yotsuba will be the ultimate antagonists. Partly out of pure bias because dammit, I like the Yotsuba and partly because I just don't see how they've been set up to be antagonists. Sure, their treatment of Tatsuya was appalling and I don't think much of the way they treat the Sakura series either, but in no way have they been depicted as any worse than any other group (barring the 101 Battalion which so far has been shown as nothing but entirely positive).

In fact, the author has gone out of his way to introduce sympathetic elements within the Yotsuba: the Kuroba twins genuinely love Tatsuya (and are hugely sympathetic characters in their own right), Hayama the butler fully acknowledges Tatsuya and is a remarkably sane and competent advisor to Maya, Maya herself may be dangerous but she is also absolutely charming (and fully aware of how capable Tatsuya actually is), Kuroba Mitsugu is quirky and likely to be rather more pro-Tatsuya after volume 13 and so on. Plus the entire clan has a Tragic Backstory courtesy of the Dahan incident. Sure, they're not exactly innocent, defenceless victims, but they are the clan we know the most about, they're the clan our main characters come from and, all in all, they're the clan readers are the most likely to identify with. The fact that the Saegusa are plotting against them whereas the Yotsuba have never been shown to initiate hostilities in the Saegusa/Yotsuba conflict further reinforces the impression that the Yotsuba really aren't that bad. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the Yotsuba can and do manoeuvre to keep the Saegusa and everyone else in check behind the scenes, but their actions haven't been portrayed in the same rather sinister light as Saegusa Koichi's have.

A full school year is over and the scope of the Mahouka's story has spread far beyond just Japan; if he wanted to set the Yotsuba up as the ultimate antagonists, shouldn't Tsutomu have made them more sinister and shown them to be in cahoots with overseas enemies rather than make them increasingly sympathetic?

Besides, what interest do they have in a confrontation with Tatsuya and co.? Yes, if Tatsuya succeeds in creating magic-based technology that anyone can use, society's views of magicians will change, thus weakening the position that the Yotsuba have so carefully built up. But the change won't happen overnight and a clan as adaptable as the Yotsuba shouldn't find it too hard to seize all the new opportunities that this change in society will bring about. Also, it will affect every one of the Hundred families, so why assume that only that one clan will turn antagonistic?
niffum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 04:24   Link #72
Echizen777

^I agree, I don't see how they could be antagonists.

-Tatsuya can beat Maya but he can't beat the Yotsuba.
-He will only revolt if they are against Miyuki is the favorite in the clan.
-Miyuki planned to be the head thanks to her education, she is just more motivated because of Tatsuya's situation.
-Tatsuya is the only one who has bad relations with most of the members and it's like that since the beginning.
-He still cooperate with Maya and obey to orders as long as he can be Miyuki's guardian.

Even Koichi isn't a bad person. He wants to surpass his rivals, just like everyone but his methods are extreme.

The only "true" antagonists ATM are Zhou and the GAA mafia.
Old 2014-04-15, 07:36   Link #73
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
^I agree, I don't see how they could be antagonists.

-Tatsuya can beat Maya but he can't beat the Yotsuba.
-He will only revolt if they are against Miyuki is the favorite in the clan.
-Miyuki planned to be the head thanks to her education, she is just more motivated because of Tatsuya's situation.
-Tatsuya is the only one who has bad relations with most of the members and it's like that since the beginning.
-He still cooperate with Maya and obey to orders as long as he can be Miyuki's guardian.

Even Koichi isn't a bad person. He wants to surpass his rivals, just like everyone but his methods are extreme.

The only "true" antagonists ATM are Zhou and the GAA mafia.
i agree with most of this.
Yes miyuki was educated in the becoming the head of the clan and her motives are obvious as the sun in the sky, her motives being changing the way her brother is treated.
Side note besides Maya, Hayama and very few members of the clan, the rest of the clan has no idea how powerful tatsuya really is hence why other members view him the way they do.
maya is stated to be the strongest magician in the yotsuba clan, in lamest terms hse can kick the other members asses and tatsuya can beat her in a magic battle.
The reason he doesn`t go against them is not he can't take them on but to wage a war against the clan will put miyuki in danger.
So far he only obeys maya's orders that are related to miyuki's safety, i don`t think tatsuya being her guardian is really that dependent of the fact that he has to obey her orders more likely on the fact if hes not his guardian they are in deep shit.
Remember when maya told them that minami its in training to replace tatsuya as guardian miyuki was one step away from unleashing a blizzard , tatsuya stopped her.
And maya knows if she tries to separate those two all hell will break lose in a catastrophic sense.She managed to put minami as a guardian but without removing tatsuya , even though miyuki was unhappy with the arrangement she didn`t protested because she has bigger goals in mind and a confrontation with maya at this point will not server in achieving those goals.
I think on some level miyuki understands that mays already chose her as the heir because maya fears that both the sibling would turn on the clan otherwise. Dealing with tatsuya alone will be insanely difficult but adding miyuki, which its not some push over magician, to the mix will make things even more impossible. Not to mention an internal strife in the clan will make room for others to take action against the clan as well.

Besides if the yotsuba would try to eliminate tatsuya the JSDF would not stay quiet, since the majority of the country was formed of non-magic humans so was the military. And from a military point of view a strategic magicians was far more valuable then a few powerful magicians considering the yotsuba was not the only strong magic clan in japan.Even from a governmental point of view a strategic magician was far more valuable then a magic clan. Especially when tatsuya was far more powerful and useful then Itsuwa Mio who is pretty much stuck in a wheel chair.
off topic i really hope that in the next volumes we could see some change in tatsuyas status, either by revealing that his a strategic mage in order for the clan to secure its place among the ten master clans and by doing this its bount his status will change, either by raising his status in the clan in order to secure his help in fending off the Ten Master clans families that are plotting against the yotsuba. i see so many way to spin this part of the story but i guess this remains at the author latitude.I mean with the ten master clans selection coming in a year (storyline time off course) there's bound for change to happen in this part of the story. Opinions and ideas for this idea are welcomed

Last edited by SoboSobo; 2014-04-15 at 08:24.
Old 2014-04-15, 08:21   Link #74
Echizen777

Quote:
i agree with most of this.
Yes miyuki was educated in the becoming the head of the clan and her motives are obvious as the sun in the sky, her motives being changing the way her brother is treated.
Side note besides Maya, Hayama and very few members of the clan, the rest of the clan has no idea how powerful tatsuya really is hence why other members view him the way they do.
maya is stated to be the strongest magician in the yotsuba clan, in lamest terms hse can kick the other members asses and tatsuya can beat her in a magic battle.
What do you mean by hse? I agree that Tatsuya will beat Maya fairly easily but he can't possibly beat the whole clan. They are not fodders like in the Yokohama arc, they are all gifted magicians from the master clan. Let's put aside Maya and imagine him Tatsuya alone face to face with the whole clan. You think he can win?
They'd murder him, even if they are less numerous they would win against the whole Saegusa clan. Tatsuya can't beat a whole clan of gifted magicians, nobody can do this. The only way for him to succeed would be to put himself at a reasonable distance and use MB to attack all of them by surprise, that situation is unlikely.

Quote:
The reason he doesn`t go against them is not he can't take them on but to wage a war against the clan will put miyuki in danger.
So far he only obeys maya's orders that are related to miyuki's safety, i don`t think tatsuya being her guardian is really that dependent of the fact that he has to obey her orders more likely on the fact if hes not his guardian they are in deep shit.
Remember when maya told them that minami its in training to replace tatsuya as guardian miyuki was one step away from unleashing a blizzard , tatsuya stopped her.
He has no reason to disobey as long as he is Miyuki's guardian and that she is safe, he fulfills his role of guardian perfectly, he disobeyed only because Maya wanted to remove him and it is stated that the reason he is able to be her guardian despite his gender is that he has ES to keep an eye on Miyuki. Maya fears him but he hasn't the advantage against a whole clan. Minami is the one who should have normally been her guardian but it's true Maya can observe them better now.

Spoiler for From V4:

He is talking about fighting 1vs1 against Maya here. Face the whole clan is impossible. He needs a plan, allies and many other things to win in that kind pf confrontation.
He works for her, let her the parasite, I don't even think he wants to do something against the Yotsuba, he would gain nothing from that, Miyuki is planning to be the heir anyway, he probably just wanted to soothe his sister. He is a Yotsuba himself(even if he is hated and not accepted), what benefits them, benefits himself and Miyuki as well.

Quote:
He obeys since his childhood, Maya doesn't want him t betray them but he
And maya knows if she tries to separate those two all hell will break lose in a catastrophic sense.She managed to put minami as a guardian but without removing tatsuya , even though miyuki was unhappy with the arrangement she didn`t protested because she has bigger goals in mind and a confrontation with maya at this point will not server in achieving those goals.
I think on some level miyuki understands that mays already chose her as the heir because maya fears that both the sibling would turn on the clan otherwise. Dealing with tatsuya alone will be insanely difficult but adding miyuki, which its not some push over magician, to the mix will make things even more impossible. Not to mention an internal strife in the clan will make room for others to take action against the clan as well.
Miyuki is Maya's subordinate, she is in no position to protest. She is a favorite with or without Maya's help but of course she will protest if they want to replace Tatsuya, thing that they will never do.
Old 2014-04-15, 11:49   Link #75
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
What do you mean by hse? I agree that Tatsuya will beat Maya fairly easily but he can't possibly beat the whole clan. They are not fodders like in the Yokohama arc, they are all gifted magicians from the master clan. Let's put aside Maya and imagine him Tatsuya alone face to face with the whole clan. You think he can win?
They'd murder him, even if they are less numerous they would win against the whole Saegusa clan. Tatsuya can't beat a whole clan of gifted magicians, nobody can do this. The only way for him to succeed would be to put himself at a reasonable distance and use MB to attack all of them by surprise, that situation is unlikely.
Its a miss type was suppose to be she not hse(duh i`m an idiot).
I might've expressed my self wrong, off course he can`t take the whole clan at once his not a god. But he can take them out one by one this is just a hypothesis.
Besides i believe it says that to many magicians in one place can cause the spells to interfere with one another causing them to have no effect(something along the line that happen in the bus when all the students tried to activate magic at same time).

Spoiler for Volume 8 Chapter 15:

But from what i can understand from this dialog maya clearly expresses her fear in regards of the yotsuba clan not just herself, but that's just my opinion.
If tatsuya wasn't able to do any real damage to the clan beyond just killing her, why would she plan and do anything to prevent that from happening.
Also yotsuba clan operates in total secrecy no one knows who is a member of the clan and who is not. Except those who bear the yotsuba name and can be identified directly by that the rest is just pure speculation and rumors.
One way tatsuya can deal massive damage to the clan is by revealing those kind of information to the general public, like the true owners of the FLT, their intelligence network etc. This kind of attack would be far more powerful then just killing the clan members.

Opinions?
Old 2014-04-15, 13:08   Link #76
Echizen777

Quote:

Opinions?
I agree. He can beat Maya but for the rest he needs guile. At first I thought he might be plotting something with Kazama since he hates the 10MC system but Kyouko is a member, they depend on the Yotsuba too. Now I don't even see why he would rebel against them. The consequences aren't worth it.
Old 2014-04-15, 13:32   Link #77
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
I agree. He can beat Maya but for the rest he needs guile. At first I thought he might be plotting something with Kazama since he hates the 10MC system but Kyouko is a member, they depend on the Yotsuba too. Now I don't even see why he would rebel against them. The consequences aren't worth it.
i agree.... besides i don't get the feeling that maya actually has any ill intent towards tatsuya, for more or less they seem to have the same type of personality. Maybe the whole thing with the guardian stuff was just a scheme so she could have a justification to keep tatsuya and miyuki togheter, at least from what we know of yatsuba inner workings i don`t see another way to keep tatsuya around one of the candidates for the head of the clan.

Also the statement in vol 12 ch.15
In the end, the Master’s true feelings on the matter are to have his revenge against the people responsible for bringing out Great Han...... The real target is not such a vague organization like “Japanese Magicians”, but that clan in particular.
And Zhou had an inkling as to who among those in power bore special interest towards “that clan”.

i get the impression that "the clan" its the yotsuba clan. And the last paragraph links this to the saeagusa clan and elder kudou because they had power and they also had a interest to reduce the yotsuba clan power because they thought they become to powerful.
If this is the case it will make for a interesting story since i fell like the yotsuba will have no choice but to rely on tatsuya's power at some point.

As for kazama hating the 10MC..... i`m not sure if its hate or something else . But it seems the 101st battalion is not on good terms with the 10MC.
“Talented but on rotten footing with the Ten Master Clans. Wouldn’t he be a perfect fit in our unit?” said by sanada talking about takuma. vol 12 ch 15.

off topic: any idea when we get volume 13?
Old 2014-04-15, 13:46   Link #78
IceHism

Quote:
i agree.... besides i don't get the feeling that maya actually has any ill intent towards tatsuya, for more or less they seem to have the same type of personality. Maybe the whole thing with the guardian stuff was just a scheme so she could have a justification to keep tatsuya and miyuki togheter, at least from what we know of yatsuba inner workings i don`t see another way to keep tatsuya around one of the candidates for the head of the clan.

Also the statement in vol 12 ch.15
In the end, the Master’s true feelings on the matter are to have his revenge against the people responsible for bringing out Great Han...... The real target is not such a vague organization like “Japanese Magicians”, but that clan in particular.
And Zhou had an inkling as to who among those in power bore special interest towards “that clan”.

i get the impression that "the clan" its the yotsuba clan. And the last paragraph links this to the saeagusa clan and elder kudou because they had power and they also had a interest to reduce the yotsuba clan power because they thought they become to powerful.
If this is the case it will make for a interesting story since i fell like the yotsuba will have no choice but to rely on tatsuya's power at some point.

As for kazama hating the 10MC..... i`m not sure if its hate or something else . But it seems the 101st battalion is not on good terms with the 10MC.
“Talented but on rotten footing with the Ten Master Clans. Wouldn’t he be a perfect fit in our unit?” said by sanada talking about takuma. vol 12 ch 15.

off topic: any idea when we get volume 13?
There is no impression. It is the yotsuba. They destroyed dahan and made it combine with GAA. Zhou is from dahan and so is his master
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 14:26   Link #79
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
There is no impression. It is the yotsuba. They destroyed dahan and made it combine with GAA. Zhou is from dahan and so is his master
that confirmed my theory. thx

Off topic:

I was wondering about this for few days, but how large are the clans in the story.
I mean when they say yotsuba clan are they referring to a number of different families as one entity with dozens or hundreds of members or a normal family like mothers,fathers, children, aunts, cousins,uncles etc meaning blood related.
Old 2014-04-15, 19:46   Link #80
BW95
Banned

Quote:
that confirmed my theory. thx

Off topic:

I was wondering about this for few days, but how large are the clans in the story.
I mean when they say yotsuba clan are they referring to a number of different families as one entity with dozens or hundreds of members or a normal family like mothers,fathers, children, aunts, cousins,uncles etc meaning blood related.
I'm pretty sure the Yotsuba's numbers are less than a hundred. The Nightmare of Dahan cost the Yotsuba half of its combat magicians, which were 30, including the head. This means it had more than 60 members originally and its been decades since then. If we take this as a reference for measuring other clans, then they may very well have more than a hundred members.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote