AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-10-23, 06:14   Link #401
Siddyus
The Insidious

I'd say the weakest is Hidan. He relies too much on his "immortality" making him vulnerable to many attacks. Well, that is his specialty. But it is also the one that ultimately led him to his downfall against a vastly inferior opponent(Shikamaru is vastly inferior when it comes to raw power). He has little to no strategy and reckless when attacking. And that certainly makes him the weakest member of Akatsuki.

The other members always combine power and intelligence to gain the upper hand. Well, Tobi is an exception since he was acting that way in order to hide his true persona and nature.

Siddyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 06:43   Link #402
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Madara is obviously the weakest. He hasn't done shit since he came out. Never killed or hurt anyone. Just keeps running around and teleporting like a wimp. At least Zetsu drained people's energy and Konan killed that one leaf ninja (I think).

Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 18:34   Link #403
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
She was shown using her paper jutsu under the rain. She can work her jutsu with water. There might be several reasons why nagato had to stop "his" rain.

To me it's simply a matter of how easy it is for paper butterflies to move around in heavy rain. They're gently flapping away, they're not supersonic attacks. It's just more convenient. It might also be that nagato's rain was special in terms of chakra.
Show me, when did this happen?

Her paper butteryflies are nothing but scouts.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 22:22   Link #404
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Show me, when did this happen?

Her paper butteryflies are nothing but scouts.
Just re-wach the episode with Jiraya's flashback. He easily cut his clone with her paper in huge rain. And it really didn't effect her in any way.
Old 2009-10-27, 00:21   Link #405
MikoKikyo

I don't think the anime has made clear how powerful or weak Konan really is yet. She could be really powerful... her back and forth with Jiraya lasted like, a second.

I guess Hidan really seemed to me one of the weakest. Other than the "immortality" thing, he didn't have any great strategy, was dumb as a stick, and underestimated his opponents.

He also relied on combo attacks too much, I got the sene that without his partner he would not have gotten very far.

As an aside, I thought it was hilarious when Kakuzu said to Shikamaru "you are intelligent, unlike my partner." Hidan was like "yeah, you tell him... What??"
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 13:24   Link #406
Dragonbow0

Hidan is the weakest in my opinion, because he has no special forms of attack other besides that voodo ritual and immortality. Other besides this hes an incredibly weak member, who couldnt kill any ninja that is a decent jounin. (no offense Asuma I do like you)
Dragonbow0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 14:04   Link #407
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonbow0 View Post
Hidan is the weakest in my opinion, because he has no special forms of attack other besides that voodo ritual and immortality. Other besides this hes an incredibly weak member, who couldnt kill any ninja that is a decent jounin. (no offense Asuma I do like you)
Yup. If you can evade his attacks and not bleed, you can smash him pretty easy. He doesnt have the crazy jutsu's of other akatsuki. Offensively he is not that big a deal unless you screw up and let him get some of your blood.
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 15:24   Link #408
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It's not JUST the bleeding, he has to make the circle and stay inside it; a simple douton is enough to trash his ground...although one second inside and he can twist his own neck.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 15:53   Link #409
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonbow0 View Post
You are hurting Asuma's feelings
He was a great jounin, not at Kakashi level but still good.
Old 2009-10-27, 15:53   Link #410
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Basically you´re right about Hidan, but most shinobi fights are between ninjas who don´t know anything about their opponent. In such a situation, guys like Hidan are the hardest enemies. As long as you don´t know his secret, he´s almost invincible, whereas shinobis like Kakashi theoratically can be killed with a well-timed shuriken.
Old 2009-10-27, 17:46   Link #411
SeanQ

I don't think it really matter if you don't know anything about Hidan, he's so ignorant, he'll probably give you the first strike, and the first strike ends up being his head falling off...
Old 2009-10-27, 17:49   Link #412
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
I don't think it really matter if you don't know anything about Hidan, he's so ignorant, he'll probably give you the first strike, and the first strike ends up being his head falling off...
Somehow Asuma decided to cut off his head as a lasr resort
Old 2009-10-29, 16:04   Link #413
Im_A_MoP

I agree now that hidan is the weakest member of akatsuki. Buuuut, he has the most potential out of all of them, and 1000 years from now when all the other shinobi are dead and some archaeologists dig up hidan and pur all of his body parts together, he'll be alive and he'll have the last laugh.
Im_A_MoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 18:31   Link #414
Dragonbow0

I guess I didnt make this clear enough, but i Love Asuma. He just got a bs ending from the people that write the storyline. His death was in my eyes just to advance shikamaru mentally.
Dragonbow0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 19:42   Link #415
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikoKikyo View Post
She could be really powerful... her back and forth with Jiraya lasted like, a second.
We have never seen her real body fighting, she was nursing Nagato while her paper clone was doing all the things like searching for Jiraiya or killing konoha ninjas on the streets. Also since Nagato was crippled she was his bodyguard, she was god's bodyguard
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 19:46   Link #416
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
We have never seen her real body fighting, she was nursing Nagato while her paper clone was doing all the things like searching for Jiraiya or killing konoha ninjas on the streets. Also since Nagato was crippled she was his bodyguard, she was god's bodyguard
She's only with him because they're childhood friends and she knows all his secrets. She's more of a secretary than a body guard.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-29, 20:06   Link #417
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
She's only with him because they're childhood friends and she knows all his secrets. She's more of a secretary than a body guard.
Then why keep her?
She was bouth nursing and protecting him. She would have fought Naruto without hesitation if Nagato didn't stop her.

And as Ero-Senn1n pointed we really didn't see her actually fighting. Her real body was always with Nagato.

EDIT: You know... I read somewhere that Hidan's immortality depends on how many people he kills... if that's true than if he will stop killing but will keep dying, he will die in the end.

Last edited by kitten320; 2009-10-29 at 21:43.
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 04:18   Link #418
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
You know... I read somewhere that Hidan's immortality depends on how many people he kills... if that's true than if he will stop killing but will keep dying, he will die in the end.
It was never stated that he HAS TO kill people in order to keep his immortality, but he did say that killing people is part of the Jashin religion. Whether he was born immortal or became immortal through an unholy pact is still unknown...at least to me:P

To the matter of not knowing anything about your opponent, which akatsuki would have a disadvantage here? Pain would be invincible, Sasori would 1HKO with poison tail, Kakuzu would surprise attack if he lost one of his hearts, etc.,etc...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-30, 09:05   Link #419
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
It was never stated that he HAS TO kill people in order to keep his immortality, but he did say that killing people is part of the Jashin religion. Whether he was born immortal or became immortal through an unholy pact is still unknown...at least to me:P

To the matter of not knowing anything about your opponent, which akatsuki would have a disadvantage here? Pain would be invincible, Sasori would 1HKO with poison tail, Kakuzu would surprise attack if he lost one of his hearts, etc.,etc...
He didn't say it in manga but Kishimoto said it on official website.
Old 2009-10-30, 13:18   Link #420
JustRob

I still say Hidan is the weakest. He's a total dumbass and falls for the most basic strategies, and his technique can be easily figured out if you watch and listen closely. He rambles on about cursing and judging his opponents, which makes it easy to figure out what he intends to do.

Only the first time fighting him is deadly, but if you can figure it out before letting him draw blood, he can be killed easily.
JustRob is offline   Reply With Quote