AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2011-03-16, 05:19   Link #1841
kankyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze0041 View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for high school years:
kankyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-16, 05:21   Link #1842
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kankyo View Post
Spoiler for high school years:
agreed. X)
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-16, 15:26   Link #1843
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
Can't be, school starts in spring...
Well, Yeah I know that. Its just that the episode gives a graduation vibe, but as for the trip like i said a post high school trip kankyo pretty much has it summarized

Quote:
Some confirmation (and heavy spoilage):
Spoiler for the timeline:
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-16, 15:29   Link #1844
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Some confirmation (and heavy spoilage):
Spoiler for the timeline:
Spoiler for spoiler reply:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-17, 00:13   Link #1845
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Hey Guys! another Comparison I discovered! This time its K-ON!! to Jimi Hendrix one of my favorite musicians! and one of my most inspirational.
(more will be added later on)

Jimi Hendrix Live At Woodstock ( one of the biggest rock concerts ever )

Jimi Hendrix

Jimi Hendrix has been reference alot in the anime in both dialogue and screen action. I remember in the first episode from season one; The members asked Yui if Jimi Hendrix was one of her favorite guitarest

click-able

Jimi Hendrix

I forgot which episode the girls were messing around with the cleaning stuff in the class room like the brooms and stuff, and pretended they were playing there instruments just out of being eager/intersted to play there real instruments. but this can relate alot to Jimi's background
Entirely self-taught, Jimmy's inability to read music made him concentrate even harder on the music he heard. (kinda like Yui, she doesn't know to read music) Al took notice of Jimmy's interest in the guitar, recalling, "I used to have Jimmy clean up the bedroom all the time while I was gone, and when I would come home I would find a lot of broom straws around the foot of the bed. I'd say to him, `Well didn't you sweep up the floor?' and he'd say, `Oh yeah,' he did. But I'd find out later that he used to be sitting at the end of the bed there and strumming the broom like he was playing a guitar." Al found an old one-string ukulele, which he gave to Jimmy to play a huge improvement over the broom. By the summer of 1958, Al had purchased Jimmy a five-dollar, second-hand acoustic guitar from one of his friends. Shortly thereafter, Jimmy joined his first band, The Velvetones.
-http://www.jimihendrix.com/us/jimi

almost a mimic of what Sawako just did in that first clip?

History of how teeth playing starting

gives you that 60's-70's concert feel in the U.S

expect more later down the line for this comparison, I might start a series for later things instead of typing all this out
Comparison Archive
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1741
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...99#post3481599
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1746
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1747
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1778

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2011-03-17 at 01:27.
Old 2011-03-18, 00:49   Link #1846
Hikamori

K-ON! is going to be on the Disney Channel Japan in April Pretty Hardcore!!!!!

http://www.disneychannel.jp/disneych...mend/1104.html
Hikamori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-18, 00:57   Link #1847
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikamori View Post
K-ON! is going to be on the Disney Channel Japan in April Pretty Hardcore!!!!!

http://www.disneychannel.jp/disneych...mend/1104.html
What?! why would they do this?! come one now I don't really like NEW Disney at all (its okay I just like old Disney wayy better), but as long as its not like Disney here in America I'll feel sorta fine.. but still..... theres just some thing wrong about this, I just can't put a finger on it... what ever more Publicity I gauss
Old 2011-03-19, 05:19   Link #1848
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

uhmm.. taketatsu ayana's english-translated words from her blog concerning the earthquake and tsunami.. =(

Spoiler for ayana:

and about aki:

Spoiler for aki:
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-19, 13:40   Link #1849
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

^ Not sure how that last bit fits in with Ayana's sentiment for the stricken Japanese people, but it's funny nonetheless.

What's interesting about it, though, is how these seiyuus have become very good friends. I don't think something like that is something you would normally tell your colleagues, unless you really like or trust them.
Old 2011-03-28, 00:55   Link #1850
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

hmmm, ok, a bit off the topic there, but still K-On though.

when do their school year start? i remember on the ep 1 of s2, there were cherry blossoms, so it must start at spring, right? and how about summer class. last time i checked, summer follows spring. so i don't get how that really work. (i'm not japanese, so i don't know the total timeline of their seasons, but i'm basing that on what other countries in the northern hemisphere are experiencing.).

and some stuff that i don't kinda like about the anime that i have noticed just now. they have the equipment, the room, the time, but they, for the most part, don't spend them as wisely as they should, like having practices and whatnot. it's just that, my friends and i am really wishing we could have those stuff, we have to rent a studio for our practice, and we don't have time either. (oh, i'm just stressed out these days maybe, but i do have a point do i?). but they (the K-on girls) do practice sometimes, it's just that, if we were in their position, we would be jamming our hearts content. but having tea and breaks are good too.

o well... could someone answer these. (just some thoughts that lingered in mind).
Old 2011-03-28, 01:14   Link #1851
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMusicBand View Post
and some stuff that i don't kinda like about the anime that i have noticed just now. they have the equipment, the room, the time, but they, for the most part, don't spend them as wisely as they should, like having practices and whatnot. it's just that, my friends and i am really wishing we could have those stuff, we have to rent a studio for our practice, and we don't have time either. (oh, i'm just stressed out these days maybe, but i do have a point do i?). but they (the K-on girls) do practice sometimes, it's just that, if we were in their position, we would be jamming our hearts content. but having tea and breaks are good too.

o well... could someone answer these. (just some thoughts that lingered in mind).
Well, first of all, the anime didn't show their activities every day. Hence why the extra episodes are set as insert episodes, right? Who knows they might have some very serious training at a day or two~ (outside of the episodes) but at least we know that the girls are quite diligent to practice at their own home.
Old 2011-03-28, 02:14   Link #1852
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The Japanese school year goes from April to March. They have a small summer break in August I believe.
Old 2011-03-28, 02:24   Link #1853
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Well, first of all, the anime didn't show their activities every day. Hence why the extra episodes are set as insert episodes, right? Who knows they might have some very serious training at a day or two~ (outside of the episodes) but at least we know that the girls are quite diligent to practice at their own home.
ok, you have a point there. i guess it's not that they don't practice a lot, it's just that they were rarely seen practicing in the anime. didn't think of that. (though there are some incidents where Azusa claims they don't practice enough, and used that argument in order to train Ritsu when she faces the student council in making a request for an aircon. they didn't gave a straight answer as to why, but they promised they would practice. that's good). guess i'm a little jealous of them, that's all. ( i guessed i sorta answered my own question too).

thanks. now could someone answer my other question about when does their school year and summer class start? still clueless about that.
Old 2011-03-28, 12:41   Link #1854
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:

thanks. now could someone answer my other question about when does their school year and summer class start? still clueless about that.
Ithekro answered your question -- in Japan, the school year starts with the spring in April. That's why EVERY anime you've ever seen set in a school starts out in episode 1 with sakura (cherry blossom) petals blowing off the sakura trees. April is the month of Hanami (cherry blossom viewing time).

Students go to class year-round. There are small breaks (e.g. in the summer) - but usually students are given a pack of homework to do so they won't lose their momentum. That's why every summer break episode in any anime usually has one student who forgot to do theirs because they had too much fun.

There are school festivals to mark each season and a break in winter. Graduation happens in April, a week or two before the next academic year starts.
Old 2011-04-02, 13:00   Link #1855
Goggen

So - anyone feel like translating the latest blog entry here? Clearly, it's about the manga continuation, but I'd love to hear exactly what's being said about it and Google Translate is not much help...
Goggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 13:29   Link #1856
Hikamori

Practice Time Considered

Quote:

K-ON! critics are quick to throw in the "They don't practice" argument, but, they don't consider it's a 6 day school week x 2-3 hrs a day and most of the club activities shown are primers for the episodes
The only one not getting enough practice is, probably, Ritsu because it'd be awkward to carry your drum set home every night
She would have to practice at school, unlike, the other members
Hikamori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 13:55   Link #1857
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
So - anyone feel like translating the latest blog entry here? Clearly, it's about the manga continuation, but I'd love to hear exactly what's being said about it and Google Translate is not much help...
There really isn't anything new. They're just announcing that the manga will be resuming in the two magazines in the weeks ahead, and thanking all the fans for the inundation of supportive mail they received from a wide variety of fans after the original manga ended (they point out that they received mail from everyone from gradeschool children to working adults and everything in between). The implication is that it was thanks to all that support that the manga-ka decided to continue the franchise (though, and this is my editorializing, I'm sure the fact that it's a financial juggernaut now didn't hurt...) So just basically "thanks for all your support and please keep supporting us going forward" sort of thing.
Old 2011-04-02, 19:07   Link #1858
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

^ Thank you, I was just about to post that but I guess you beat me to it.
Otaku Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 20:55   Link #1859
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
So just basically "thanks for all your support and please keep supporting us going forward" sort of thing.
Got it, thanks.

New K-On! manga is close now... Very close.
Goggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 21:10   Link #1860
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Got it, thanks.

New K-On! manga is close now... Very close.
But we still need wait longer for the translation

Tags
comedy, light music, seinen