Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-05, 13:56   Link #21
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjuronord
Ah good point, though I'd point out that they weren't trying to destroy them at first, and the range would be just as limited as the recharging of Impulse's batteries. Might also be top secret. I'm more than likely wrong but I still like the idea...
I think the energy resupply system is more dependent on line of sight rather than range. When Impulse is fighting in Armory One, it's not that far away from the ship and it's not getting recharged. When he leaves the colony to pursue the three stolen units, He is still not terribly far from the dock Minerva uses.

However, so far most of the fights Impulse has engaged in have been in debris fields and such. Because of that having a constant, straight line sight from Minerva to Impulse is rare which is why I think it's line of sight rather than range. Range would probably only be an issue if if the deuterions start to decay in the transfer and I'm not even sure if that's possible. At any rate, I'm not positive, but my opinion is that it's line of sight rather than range.

As for Chaos, Gaia, and Abyss, I would think destroying the units is preferable to letting them be stolen. But you are right, Shinn is ordered not to damage the units. In subsequent fights, I think Minerva realizes it would be easier to simply destroy the units.

And for the self destruct debate, I really think there is an actual explosive in the suit that is responsible of the detonation. When the pilot can't save the suit and get it back to base, set the timer for the bomb and get the hell out of the area.I don't think it has much to do with the battery.
Scherazade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 16:44   Link #22
Ranko
Mech Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to Ranko Send a message via AIM to Ranko
Note i was asking how if the exploision is battery based does the it good boom if it's out of power like the Aegis.
Ranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 17:53   Link #23
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranko
Note i was asking how if the exploision is battery based does the it good boom if it's out of power like the Aegis.
A bomb doesn't need an external power source [i.e. the suit's battery] to explode. How many hand grenades have you seen with Duracells attached? ~_^
Scherazade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 21:05   Link #24
chibikit
Lowly A-Kingdom flunkie

I'm guessing the self-destruct mechanism ignites all the propellant stored in the suits, possibly with all the ammunition as well. Remember that MS in SEED still need to have some way of powering their thrusters and verniers. Battery power cannot create thrust; even ion engines need some kind of heavy propellant to generate the forces required.

Quote:
Have you tried throwing a used car battery or even used watch batteries into a fire? They go boom quite nicely.
chibikit is offline   Reply With Quote