AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-14, 12:19   Link #121
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhan416 View Post
dang.. what volume/chapter was episode 2?
Apparently it was one of the drama CDs.
Old 2013-04-14, 14:15   Link #122
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Apparently it was one of the drama CDs.
Not only that, but the actual anime script for it was penned by the light novel author himself. So I think it can probably be considered canon, even if it didn't make it in the printed novels.
Old 2013-04-14, 21:21   Link #123
jasonhan416

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Not only that, but the actual anime script for it was penned by the light novel author himself. So I think it can probably be considered canon, even if it didn't make it in the printed novels.
Wow -_-... Cause I read the light novel from 1 to 11 and I double checked volume 6 like 4 times and none of them matched lol
Old 2013-04-14, 22:48   Link #124
Yye1
Wide Right

Quote:
Isnt it the reason that
Spoiler for Ayase plot spoiler:

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Old 2013-04-15, 00:05   Link #125
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
Isnt it the reason that
Spoiler for Ayase plot spoiler:
Do you mean phone numbers? If so, I think that already happened (in the anime anyway) earlier (he was already blacklisted in episode 15 last season).
Old 2013-04-15, 03:41   Link #126
icebreaker

Quote:
Do you mean phone numbers? If so, I think that already happened (in the anime anyway) earlier (he was already blacklisted in episode 15 last season).
Yes, in the original Drama CD plot, this is the reason Ayase blacklisted Kyousuke.
Also Fushimi's name in the "script" of this episode might refer to him writing the plot for the drama CD, not for this episode in particular.
Old 2013-04-15, 05:46   Link #127
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Was just thinking, isn't the wedding dress chapter will be great for 'TV end'/eps 13? The premise of the show is the relationship between big brother and his little sister that becomes distant for the past few years and due to the brother find out the little sister hobby they can get closer. And the wedding chapter is perfect to be the conclusion. It involves Kyousuke who put lot of effort to take Kirino to a anime concert she really want to see, Kirino also become honest to her feeling (when on the bike and when they arrive at the concert albeit Kyousuke didn't really hear what she said), and of course that wedding dress. That's like the best Kyousuke x Kirino end we can get (so far) without they crossing the line

But of course this is impossible due to the timeline (how can you fit 3 remaining novels just in 3 ONA/Blu-Ray episodes ), unless they change the order of the events
Old 2013-04-15, 15:38   Link #128
kentasaiba

What about the scene when Kyousuke and Akagi goes to that sex-shop? Will it be cutted because its too much? I mean it should be between episode 1 and 3.
Old 2013-04-15, 15:56   Link #129
Mystic_Vegetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
Was just thinking, isn't the wedding dress chapter will be great for 'TV end'/eps 13? The premise of the show is the relationship between big brother and his little sister that becomes distant for the past few years and due to the brother find out the little sister hobby they can get closer. And the wedding chapter is perfect to be the conclusion. It involves Kyousuke who put lot of effort to take Kirino to a anime concert she really want to see, Kirino also become honest to her feeling (when on the bike and when they arrive at the concert albeit Kyousuke didn't really hear what she said), and of course that wedding dress. That's like the best Kyousuke x Kirino end we can get (so far) without they crossing the line

But of course this is impossible due to the timeline (how can you fit 3 remaining novels just in 3 ONA/Blu-Ray episodes ), unless they change the order of the events
I think for episode 13, the best place to end it would be the end of Volume 11, where Kyousuke has finally decided on who he would confess to. It would be a good way to build up to the OVA Episodes to be aired at a later date.

Quote:
What about the scene when Kyousuke and Akagi goes to that sex-shop? Will it be cutted because its too much? I mean it should be between episode 1 and 3.
More than likely it's going to get cut since I don't really think the Akagi siblings play any vital roles in the story.
Old 2013-04-15, 17:17   Link #130
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

....as long as they keep the "who has the cuter imouto" race.
Old 2013-04-15, 17:22   Link #131
jasonhan416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
second that.
Old 2013-04-15, 19:08   Link #132
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Me third. I was laughing so hard when reading that one =)

Last edited by GVN.Chaos; 2013-04-15 at 21:35.
Old 2013-04-15, 19:38   Link #133
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebreaker View Post
Also Fushimi's name in the "script" of this episode might refer to him writing the plot for the drama CD, not for this episode in particular.
Well that doesn't make any sense, though, because in that sense he wrote the "script" for the entire novel too. The person who gets that credit is the one who wrote the script for the anime episode. If he also wrote the script for the drama CD, then it sort of double-proves my point that people shouldn't consider it out-of-canon (or "filler") just because it wasn't in the printed book.
Old 2013-04-15, 22:18   Link #134
icebreaker

Quote:
Well that doesn't make any sense, though, because in that sense he wrote the "script" for the entire novel too. The person who gets that credit is the one who wrote the script for the anime episode. If he also wrote the script for the drama CD, then it sort of double-proves my point that people shouldn't consider it out-of-canon (or "filler") just because it wasn't in the printed book.
When they mean script then mean dialogues and scenes on what is going to happen. You can't use the light novel as script, but you sure can reuse the Drama CD script on the anime.
By the way, the timeline is different from the Drama CD, that's why people are arguing about it. -- Is this really the reason Ayase blocked Kyousuke's number or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic_Vegetto View Post
I think for episode 13, the best place to end it would be the end of Volume 11, where Kyousuke has finally decided on who he would confess to. It would be a good way to build up to the OVA Episodes to be aired at a later date.
Yes, alternatively I think it's a way to do it chronologically. From what it seems he rejected either Kuroneko or Ayase (Rejects Ayase straight away/Putting Ayase on hold and apologizes to Kuroneko) in the time between Volume 10 and 11 and well, the tension will be gone for the OVAs.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-04-16 at 23:49. Reason: please don't double-post
Old 2013-04-16, 23:51   Link #135
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebreaker View Post
When they mean script then mean dialogues and scenes on what is going to happen. You can't use the light novel as script, but you sure can reuse the Drama CD script on the anime.
Well, in the end, it doesn't really matter at all, since it'd written by the novel author either way.
Old 2013-04-17, 07:27   Link #136
icebreaker

Next episode preview out. Seems like Saori's story from Volume 9.
Old 2013-04-20, 16:28   Link #137
kentasaiba

Vol 9, really? Well... lets hope they animate the kirino/kyousuke "wedding" scene also
Old 2013-04-20, 16:52   Link #138
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

They merged two stories: the visit to Saori's home takes place earlier. In v9 the group ran into Kaori which is the setting of the other half of ep3.

Not as hyped for ep4, only really wanted to hear Kyosuke scream how he is not a lolicon but a siscon. I guess they can justify keeping in that episode as it is one of the first moments where the character's inner thoughts are revealed.
Old 2013-04-21, 00:59   Link #139
Micromancer
>_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic_Vegetto View Post
will those eps enough to cover all of the story until vol 11 ending ? except there's some scene from LN being cut, like stories from vol 9 which are way too much :S (imo, idk)
Old 2013-04-21, 01:37   Link #140
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micromancer View Post
will those eps enough to cover all of the story until vol 11 ending ? except there's some scene from LN being cut, like stories from vol 9 which are way too much :S (imo, idk)
There are some theories about that earlier in the thread, though these may need to be revised somewhat.

In the end, they basically already said that they'd get to the end of the novels, so they'll get there somehow. I'm sure everyone will have opinions about what they end up keeping and what they end up cutting, or the exact way they do it (or what gets emphasized), but in the end the novels will always end up being the more complete and comprehensive version of the story no matter what. I try to look at it as an alternate retelling, and try to appreciate the way the director and anime writer (with the help of the original author and editorial staff) interpreted the story for this medium.