AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-04-02, 08:49   Link #81
Cerilla

Apparently this first episode needs 6 Animation Director to finish. I don't know what to say anymore.
Old 2016-04-02, 09:06   Link #82
AntonKutovoi

Animation was poor and although Yuuki Kaji sounds better then I thought, he is still not nearly as good as Takayuki Kondou. The rest of the voice actors were fine.
As for pacing, it was alright, I guess. Will keep watching it so far.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-02, 09:46   Link #83
xeviouses

The animation seems like it's trying to move the still artwork from the games with limited success.

I get that, aside from a couple of Base Breaker roles from the past, Yuuki Kaji does good work as a VA. As the VA for Naruhodo...he'll grow on me. Though I'm afraid of him replacing Takayuki Kondou in future games.

Ep. 1 was ok I guess. The Yahari case was a one day deal, so the anime probably tried to keep it close.

Though I'll admit this made me want play PW:AA again.
xeviouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-02, 10:30   Link #84
HandofFate

Really bad imo.
If you played the games already, it provides nothing.
Exact same dialogue, same scenes, seemingly the same level of animation as well lol.

If you never, its not a very exciting anime.

And imagine not taking advantage of the game's memorable music and only saving it for the end, leaving the rest with the blandest generic background music ever.
Old 2016-04-02, 10:54   Link #85
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Really bad imo.
If you played the games already, it provides nothing.
Exact same dialogue, same scenes, seemingly the same level of animation as well lol.

If you never, its not a very exciting anime.

And imagine not taking advantage of the game's memorable music and only saving it for the end, leaving the rest with the blandest generic background music ever.
Well it is the tutorial case, nothing much happened there except for the showcasing of the game mechanics.

I'm only going by memory but dialogue and scenes lacked (Game comparisons):
Spoiler:

And most importantly IMO:

Spoiler:

About the animation, it's a hit-or-miss, they seem to be trying to animate the scenes directly from games.

Agreed about the BGM though, the only thing from game here was Cross Examination ~ Allegro.
Old 2016-04-02, 10:57   Link #86
Peanutbutter

I wonder how much input did Capcom staff provide? Was there instructions to really make it so game-alike, or was it a decision agreed among all?

Looks cheap but yet so many staff was involved. I have a bad feeling about this.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-02, 11:25   Link #87
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Hmm I still think the pun from No Game No Life in regards to this show, was actually a bit more entertaining than this whole episode . But it was just the introduction so it might pick up from here.

I think the prosecutor there should be more bothered that he made the murderer his star witness and completely screwed up over the fact that he lost the case .

Nice of the judge though to be so accommodating of the MC having small chats and dragging out his cross-examination .
Old 2016-04-02, 11:37   Link #88
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Well, at least it's unusual. Really clunky and awkward. But perhaps that's just its style, and we'll get used to it and discover what's good here.

I'm only watching this for Yuuki Aoi, who is next week's defendant.

Besides the fact that I love Ao-chan's work, as far as I know (and I haven't studied this carefully) this is the first anime (as opposed to game) she's done for the company her father works for, Capcom. From the first time I read about her, around 2008, when she was 15, her father, with whom she was evidently quite close, was said to be a Capcom executive.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2016-04-02 at 12:25.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-02, 12:28   Link #89
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
Well it is the tutorial case, nothing much happened there except for the showcasing of the game mechanics.

I'm only going by memory but dialogue and scenes lacked (Game comparisons):
Spoiler:

And most importantly IMO:

Spoiler:

About the animation, it's a hit-or-miss, they seem to be trying to animate the scenes directly from games.

Agreed about the BGM though, the only thing from game here was Cross Examination ~ Allegro.
How could you totally miss the Objection 2001 remix?
Old 2016-04-02, 12:49   Link #90
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'm not very impressed by this first episode. The opening in particular was underwhelming.

At least the plot is followed accurately, that's a plus. The performance of the voice cast was also pretty good. The animation is so cheap though.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-02, 12:55   Link #91
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

It was a disappointment. It moved pretty fast, kinda a digest for game-players. As always with these types, I can understand it... but I don't care much. That said, apparently this is a tutorial in the game, so maybe it will get better?
I did like the game-like animation for the screen text and stuff though.

...And the OP is atrocious.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-02, 14:14   Link #92
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

This anime makes me hate the fact that I played all the games and know how everything turns out, lol
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-02, 14:30   Link #93
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
Aaaaand here comes the first anime mistake... defense and persecution are on the wrong sides... defense was on the RIGHT side when looking from the audience in the original games. You usually see them on the "left" side in the games, but that's from the perspective of the judge.

I hope this kind of mistakes won't continue...
Have you only played the English version? I've never played the game at all (either language), but I've seen some Japanese games where the layout was flipped right to left upon adaptation, usually when there is some kind of manga-style layout to the printing of the dialogue (since Japanese is read right to left).

And it's "prosecution".
Old 2016-04-02, 14:45   Link #94
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Have you only played the English version? I've never played the game at all (either language), but I've seen some Japanese games where the layout was flipped right to left upon adaptation, usually when there is some kind of manga-style layout to the printing of the dialogue (since Japanese is read right to left).

And it's "prosecution".
I wondered about that too after I made that post, but I wasn't able to find out. It probably wasn't flipped though I think, because the live action movie had it as it was in the games. After thinking about it a bit, I think the anime change was intentional. The way the camera moved in the games looked very confusing in the games. Defense always seems to be on the left side, but when it shows the whole court you see that the defense is actually on the right side and the left side defense if from a judge POV.
It somehow feels more natural the ways it is now in the anime.

And you are correct, it's prosecution. One never knows when the typo strikes.
Old 2016-04-02, 15:00   Link #95
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I just think it was a conscious decision to keep Wright on the left while still having the proper angle of the courtroom.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-02, 15:03   Link #96
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Awful, that's the only thing I could say.

In general, the first episode had nothing impressive whatsoever: they abused 3DCGI merely for the courtroom and the audience, whereas characters were acting like bunch of cardboard cuts with the very limited movements and bland design/texture/colors.

To make things worse, the direction/execution was quite awkward with the reactions/effects that were poorly used. It isn't exactly any better with the various random bleeping sounds (which would actually work with the live action movie but not there), while they only used Examination and Objection, but weirdly enough no Pursuit.

The only saving grace in there is the faithfulness to the script, but that aside, everything else fell flat.
Old 2016-04-02, 15:13   Link #97
grecefar

well is a good thing I didn't played the games then and don't know what is going to happen, although this first case was pretty easy.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-02, 15:25   Link #98
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
well is a good thing I didn't played the games then and don't know what is going to happen, although this first case was pretty easy.
Well its the game's tutorial case, its not really supposed to be lost.
A lot of material, clues and red herings were cut out too. Lets see how it proceeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post

The only saving grace in there is the faithfulness to the script, but that aside, everything else fell flat.
Lots of content was cut though.
Going by EP 1 alone though my most pressing reason to watch will be 'Its Ace Attorney'

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-02, 18:30   Link #99
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
How could you totally miss the Objection 2001 remix?
Just checked, it's there alright. I have no idea how I missed it the first time.

The entire series will be a video walkthrough for the first game wont' it? If going by the ep.1 alone, they cut some content out but the First Turnabout was solved the same way.
Old 2016-04-02, 19:42   Link #100
Cerilla

Just finished actually watching the first episode. There are so many things wrong I don't know where to start. One that I have to mention is the soulless directing. It feels like watching a Let's Play YouTube video series.

Credits where credits due, though. They are doing pretty good job on reworking the game script to anime medium.

Tags
comedy, courtroom