AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-20, 04:19   Link #41
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
The manga clear up a lot of things from the anime though.
Old 2004-01-20, 09:24   Link #42
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
The only thing that really disturbed me about Narutaru was this "Kids Station" it mentioned at the end of the opening. Is that what it was aired on? Either thats a misleading name or kids in Japan are able to take some pretty heavy stuff
Old 2004-01-20, 10:04   Link #43
Lambda

The name is I believe somewhat misleading.
Old 2004-01-20, 10:05   Link #44
Esperchld
Photographer

I thought it was a good entertaining series. I like how it started out all nice and pretty and got dark and twisted at the end. The manga was great fun too, but too bad it got liscenced before I could finish reading it. Well, it sits on the list under Berserk, 3x3 eyes, Azumanga Diaoh, and Full Metal Panic on things I have to buy every month or so.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Esperchld; 2004-01-20 at 10:39.
Old 2004-01-20, 10:31   Link #45
Deralti

Send a message via AIM to Deralti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
Narutaru was......................weird.

That is the only way you can describe it.

And yes, it's creepy, especially towards the end where that girl finally loses it and has her "thing" go on a rampage. O_o
Argh! don't TELL ME! I'm being corrupted! nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Old 2004-01-20, 12:20   Link #46
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzurial
The only thing that really disturbed me about Narutaru was this "Kids Station" it mentioned at the end of the opening. Is that what it was aired on? Either thats a misleading name or kids in Japan are able to take some pretty heavy stuff
Don't worry Tzurial, "Kids Station" is a pay to view channel in Japan, Narutaru aired very late at night (half past midnight if I remember correctly).

My favourite alternative usage I've heard yet for Narutaru being:

"I'm gonna go narutaru on your ass!"

I was gonna post some amusing pictures of Hoshimaru for you all but free-host.com appears not to be working at the mo'.

Quote:
Well, it sits on the list under Berserk, 3x3 eyes, Azumanga Diaoh, and Full Metal Panic on things I have to buy every month or so.
Narutaru appears as "Shadow Star" in Dark Horses' monthly Super Manga Blast magazine. This mag also features 3x3 Eyes so why not be crafty and get two great manga! (Seraphic Feather is also in it so that makes 3).
Old 2004-01-20, 18:25   Link #47
corp20
Internet God

You know whats really f!@#ed up. My older brother just finished watching Narutaru and He said to me "You know that one part where all those girls makes that one girl drink that stuff. I thought they where making her drink their urine, I was okay with that but when I saw her though up worms I really was disturbed." That was the pretty much what he said. Now hes just trying to justify what he said. Thats just wrong, aint it.
Old 2004-01-20, 18:50   Link #48
Lambda

Different people find different things disturbing.
Old 2004-01-24, 01:34   Link #49
nooc

Well, now I've seen Narutaru. I found it to be.. hmm... boring? It's so slow. It's not good nor too bad.
Old 2004-01-24, 01:38   Link #50
Deralti

To avoid remaking a thread... I'm now waiting for ep 13(the last?)

When I saw ep 12....
1 Word:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violinist of Hamelin
FUKUSHIU!!!*

As for Narutaru, I...for once... am inbetween. I don't love it, I don't hate it.
Reasons to love it:
Weird,
Less Schoolgirl-hehe-haha-oriented.
Guns
Blood
funny opening sequence.

Reasons to hate it:
1.If this is how people in Japan really act, geez.

2.I'd have to stay this anime took a low blow to me, as it deals with subjects that I've seen and/or experienced before, and they're not even close. It seems like they ran out of reasons to feel bad after a while, and repeated. I'm tempted to rewrite the script, but meh.

3. Shiina is unbelieveable. I mean... no one is that dense...and if there is....oh dear god.

4. Stop studdering already, Sasuka.

*=REVENGE/VENGEANCE!!!
Yeah, I was rooting XD.
Old 2004-01-24, 02:04   Link #51
Tzurial
in silent opposition

Send a message via AIM to Tzurial Send a message via MSN to Tzurial
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deralti
1.If this is how people in Japan really act, geez.
I dont think it has anything to do with japan..I think it has to do with children. This has kinda been talked about earlier but you can really show the darkest, cruelest and most selfish aspects of nature through kids
Old 2004-01-24, 02:25   Link #52
nooc

Quote:
I dont think it has anything to do with japan..I think it has to do with children. This has kinda been talked about earlier but you can really show the darkest, cruelest and most selfish aspects of nature through kids
Japanese children?
Old 2004-01-24, 02:27   Link #53
Deralti

Quote:
right when you said this, I pictured arucard bursting through the door with an smg. there, the world's saved, that was easy XD.
Edit: aka, kill the bastards.

Edit again:
I just... don't quite believe the psychology of hiro and sakura. well, let's hope that changes after 13 .

Edit, yet again: That is... if 13 ever finishes....why do you hate me triad T_T.
Old 2004-01-24, 02:49   Link #54
nooc

Quote:
Edit, yet again: That is... if 13 ever finishes....
You should know.. 13 is bad luck.. For some.
Old 2004-01-24, 03:44   Link #55
Deralti

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooc
You should know.. 13 is bad luck.. For some.
I know, I got the same for my chem final exam... I'm @!#!$ed >.<.
Old 2004-01-24, 04:01   Link #56
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor

Quote:
Edit, yet again: That is... if 13 ever finishes....why do you hate me triad T_T.
Because you do not love Narutaru.
Old 2004-01-24, 04:32   Link #57
Sailordareone2300
Sailor Mercury Lover

I'am watching it right now i love it
Old 2004-01-24, 12:35   Link #58
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
2.I'd have to stay this anime took a low blow to me, as it deals with subjects that I've seen and/or experienced before, and they're not even close. It seems like they ran out of reasons to feel bad after a while, and repeated. I'm tempted to rewrite the script, but meh.
Hmm not sure what you are getting at here, I think the point is to show how random and vicious bullying can be...... (motivated by jealousy in this case)

Quote:
3. Shiina is unbelieveable. I mean... no one is that dense...and if there is....oh dear god.
Shiina is 12, are you telling me that you don't know at least one naive youngster of this age - not everyone is born streetwise.......

Quote:
4. Stop studdering already, Sasuka.
"Sakura" "Stutters": Whether this is because she is shy and nervous or because it is a psychological condition we are not told, this condition exists IRL and a fair amount of people are afflicted by it!!!
Old 2004-01-24, 14:06   Link #59
Deralti

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurumaru
Hmm not sure what you are getting at here, I think the point is to show how random and vicious bullying can be...... (motivated by jealousy in this case)
The key word is random. And...whats with the drink? Its not like they had any hold over hiro anyways.

Quote:
Shiina is 12, are you telling me that you don't know at least one naive youngster of this age - not everyone is born streetwise.......
streetwise isn't the word I was looking for... observant might be better. Meaning.. I mean, come on. Especially Sakura whom was ridiculously exposed that something was going on. *shrug*

Quote:
"Sakura" "Stutters": Whether this is because she is shy and nervous or because it is a psychological condition we are not told, this condition exists IRL and a fair amount of people are afflicted by it!!!
Eh, I just thought the creators wanted to make her look pathetic, and overdid it.

Now, I saw ep 13, and along with most other watchers... w..t...f? That was obviously rushed, since for seemingly no apparent reason Sakura kills her dad. I'm still wondering what the hell is wrong with hiro. I mean... what the !@#% did the girls have to stop her from doing that in the first place? When they were talking about grades, i thought they were giving her motor oil, or something else that damages the brain. Just a thought.
Triadguy:
Old 2004-01-24, 23:52   Link #60
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor

Quote:
And...whats with the drink? Its not like they had any hold over hiro anyways.
If only everyone who was ever bullied realized that the bully has no hold over them, then the practice would disappear overnight. However, that is not to be.
Closed Thread