AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-25, 15:25   Link #301
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep4:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 00:31   Link #302
NakedAngelX

I almost died laughing from the Ohime carrying style part

Spoiler for Episode:
Old 2010-04-27, 01:56   Link #303
Ottocycle

Now we know why the other three guys ran so quickly... Even the village chief.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 03:36   Link #304
Yushi

Spoiler for Episode 4:
Yushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 05:34   Link #305
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottocycle View Post
Now we know why the other three guys ran so quickly... Even the village chief.

& oh Maria is pretty damn awesome. Trash taking Sawashiro Miyuki is something else.
Old 2010-04-27, 07:44   Link #306
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Hahaha lol. This episode was fantastic. It was nice to see the romance developing between Nino and Rec. That was sweet. It was freaking hilarious to see the little girls voice and attitude change so quickly. And Sisters reactions to Maria is just priceless. XD
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 09:26   Link #307
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

I laughed pretty hard at Maria talking shit.

The being held like a princess part had me rolling too.

This show continues to put a huge silly grin on my face, and I love it for that.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 13:01   Link #308
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Nino blushing stole the episode for me <3 . It's clear after this episode that she's far from being as crazy as she pretends/seemed to be. And with the hints of her being a rich girl, I'm thinking her past may be very similar to Ric's, which is why she took a liking to him and invited him to live under the bridge.

The funniest part had to be Ric holding Nino "like a princess", I almost died laughing at that scene

The part with Stella and Maria were also great. I totally saw the "twist" about Stella coming, she was just too cute for it to be true. I hope for Ric that she's not into SM like a certain other abusive loli.
Old 2010-04-27, 22:43   Link #309
FateAnomaly

Although Ric thinks that he is the only sane person there, the irony is that he fits right in there with them.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 09:48   Link #310
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedAngelX View Post
Spoiler for Episode:
So true

The Stella part was sure predictable but it's still fun : "Only go up to 3-hit combos on normal people!"
Maria is as beautiful as she has a wicked tongue.
Old 2010-04-28, 14:17   Link #311
Sol Falling

I was kinda thinking 'wtf is with this eyecancer video quality' at the start of this ep, but it turns out that was because Nutbladder included the webcast only components that were cut from the broadcast! Mad props. I'm really impressed.

Man, Ric and Nino's relationship has just been operating on a totally different level for me ever since last episode. Nino's not crazy--she's just pretending to be--and that makes all the crazy shit she's making Ric do seem like she's quietly judging him. "Is this really what dates are like"? Wow, that's when you're in some deep shit, guy. lol, that was seriously some mad improvisation he pulled off there--but I have to wonder if that sort of relationship is what Nino really wants/wanted, because, if it weren't for Kou's absolutely awesome gesture with her reaction to the grass boat, it seems like their status as 'lovers' would be completely meaningless.

Mind-bogglingly cute/awesome as Stella is, I am not happy about the relationship with Ric that's been established. Sure, it might be his own fault, naively hoping and trying to see everybody he meets as sympathetic/pitiable 'normal people', but the harassment/humiliation he is recieving just about constantly now is just too much. It honestly seems terrible. Where is anybody he can actually have a normal, friendly interaction with? Poor guy.

Still, on Stella herself, like I was saying before: mind-boggling cute. I think this is one of the real 'Shaft touches' that I really love--their ability to turn what might otherwise come off as generic 'cute' or 'fanservice' into something attractive in an almost incredibly fetishistic manner. The emphasis on her lips, her expressions, her doe eyes, the energy of her small frame is simply devillish. Of course, that four hit combo and the Hiroshima accent were, on the other hand, simply awesome.

The segment with Maria and Sister was also pretty interesting. While it continued the harassment of Ric I was talking about before, I realize the real victim this time was actually Sister. His interactions with Maria are really something, huh? lol, that string of insults at the end was brutal. As for the one hit that actually got to him, 'you're boring', making his scar split open...hah, well to be honest, aside from the scar thing being pretty amazing, I'm not sure what to think about that.

Well anyway, yeah this episode was pretty great. Nino's blushing scene was really nice, and the developing cast is becoming pretty solid, both in terms of the humour, and their interesting personalities. I'm really enjoying this series overall.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 16:00   Link #312
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Where is anybody he can actually have a normal, friendly interaction with? Poor guy.
His interactions with Sister seem friendly to me, and as normal as talking to a manly guy wearing sister's clothing can be, at least. That's probably as normal as his interactions with another villager are ever going to be, as I'm sure everyone there is nuts to some extent. Ric himself isn't exactly normal.
Old 2010-04-28, 19:18   Link #313
Somnus
Eh?

I've been silent for a while, but I really needed to speak up after ep. 4

I'm LOVING this show. I was left speechless at the end of ep. 3 with Nino in the dress.

Then went to 4 right after (didn't have time to watch 3 when it came out), and was sent to the floor laughing. I swear, the princess carry almost killed me. Though the entire sequence after up til the break was pure gold. Everything Rec thought/did/said is exactly what I would've done and was hoping he would do which in turn made the entire scene perfect for me.

Episode 4 was amazing, and I'm expecting a lot of this show. Best of the season, hands down.

Oh right, and for the record. I too thought Nino wouldn't know how to put the dress on properly. I've seen that scenario way too many times.
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 19:54   Link #314
wingman32x

I didn't like this episode at all. The two new characters are pretty annoying IMO. There not all that appealing and they exist solely to cause grief on the main character. So yeah, those two made the second half of the episode bad for me. The first have was decent, though. I loved the princess carry lol :P.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 20:45   Link #315
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Although Ric thinks that he is the only sane person there, the irony is that he fits right in there with them.
haha, yeah. I would have still called him a normal person if he had carried Nino the right way.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-28, 23:01   Link #316
LeoXiao
思想工作

The part where the little girl beat the sh*t out of him was good. It was hilarious how he was trying to go easy on her at first and then got pummeled again and again.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 06:43   Link #317
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
I didn't like this episode at all. The two new characters are pretty annoying IMO. There not all that appealing and they exist solely to cause grief on the main character. So yeah, those two made the second half of the episode bad for me. The first have was decent, though. I loved the princess carry lol :P.
Trust me, those two are going to get better, at least in my opinion.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 07:32   Link #318
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Especially when Stella's character "transform"
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 10:04   Link #319
Upscaled

Weird factoid: According to the Japanese-language Wikipedia page, Nino's appearance is based on Avril Lavigne (when she was younger!) Now imagine a 16-year-old Avril Lavigne living under a bridge in Japan with the voice of Maaya Sakamoto...

And I was disappointed that Nino changed back to her normal clothes for their date.
Upscaled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-29, 10:18   Link #320
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Stella gets better, but Maria stays pretty much the same. Maria is basically my least favorite character, along with Jacqueline.
cubicjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, seinen, shaft