AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-17, 03:24   Link #81
DwArD
mAnIaC

Seems like it. I don't know just how advance the medical technology in Seed is, but if Stellar is indeed Mayu, then that means they're able to attach an arm!? Look at Andrew Bartfeld! I thought he have already lost his arm but in GSD......Now it makes perfect sense. So now the problem is....is Mayu a coordinator as well? If thats true, and if Stellar is Mayu, wouldn't that mean Stellar is a coordinator? Then again, Stellar still have to undergo some 'treatment' everytime she returns from a fight. Nonetheless, I'm still freaking out. Shinn and his sister? In love? Aww....I really can't imagine that....well, that's unless if Mayu isn't Shinn REAL sister
Old 2004-12-17, 03:34   Link #82
Tiberium Wolf

Maybe in the family only Shinn was a coordinator...

About Andrew... well... I suppose he didn't have his arm frozen or something like that to attach later on. In that explosion his arm must have turned dust. Mayu arm was torn off and not blown off so still intact.
Tiberium Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 03:53   Link #83
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf
I think Stellar is Mayu!

After watching ep 9 you can clearly see that Mayu has red eyes and so does Stellar.
Then I remembered ep 2 when Auel used the block words on Stellar. She freaked out. Notice here that her right arm is trembling. So remembering ep 1... Mayu had her right harm torn off... So I guess Stellar is Mayu since also because she has a trauma about death and that torn off arm fealing still lingers in her mind.

BTW, no one check if Mayu was alive or dead. The officer there might have taken Shinn right away coz they were evacuating. From the 1st glance they(Shinn family were dead so no need to check if other ppl life were in stake.
I highly doubt that considering his sister was how old when he lost his parents and her? Stellar is at least 16 0_o Mayu was never near this age, plus Stellar doesn't have brown hair.

Unless someone did some really screwing around 0_o........
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 04:03   Link #84
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
I highly doubt that considering his sister was how old when he lost his parents and her? Stellar is at least 16 0_o Mayu was never near this age, plus Stellar doesn't have brown hair.

Unless someone did some really screwing around 0_o........
Age in anime... well... Hahaha...
Brown hair, bah... you can die the hair...
Old 2004-12-17, 05:18   Link #85
DwArD
mAnIaC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf
Age in anime... well... Hahaha...
Brown hair, bah... you can die the hair...
Very true. Two possibilities now. Either Stellar IS Mayu, or Stellar just resembles Mayu. Period.
Old 2004-12-17, 08:43   Link #86
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Stellar is not Mayu, that wouldn't be any fun at all.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 09:23   Link #87
sarcasteak
WAHA~

"Yaaaaaaaaaaaah, instead of just developing someone who's in perfect physical shape, let's revive this dead Coordinator girl who got blown to pieces by us!!"
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 14:27   Link #88
omegastar

Really...

These posts just make me laugh

Mayu lost her arm. Mayu was younger than shin. Mayu was dead in front of shin in the first episode. It wouldn't make sense to make Stellar shin's missing sister. Stellar is a druggie, not some corpse taken from an explosion by mad scientists to enhance her piloting skills and using her as a super soldier.

And to top it all, even wartfeld didn't got away with both arms.
omegastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 15:03   Link #89
mokomoko
horny mushroom

You guys are crazy!!
MAYU IS DEAD LET HER REST IN PEACE!

Besides.....Shinn is plotted to have a relationship with Stellar....do u think the producers would insight bro-sis lovey dovey incest in a gundam show?
mokomoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 20:26   Link #90
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by mokomoko
do u think the producers would insight bro-sis lovey dovey incest in a gundam show?
I thought they've already incited it, or did you not pay attention to Shinn?
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 01:34   Link #91
Tiberium Wolf

Normally in anime each caracter has his own eye color... Stellar eye color = Mayu eye color.
Old 2004-12-18, 01:57   Link #92
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
I thought they've already incited it, or did you not pay attention to Shinn?
Except that I don't remember him whacking off to his sister's cellphone or anything. It's nothing new that a person would always remember a deceased sibling with there being only one memento left from them, even a stupid cell phone since that cell phone is the only source of photographic evidence his sister existed and stuff.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 05:09   Link #93
DwArD
mAnIaC

Actually, we don't see Stellar, Auel and Sting taking drugs. All they do after every battle was 'sleep'. Who knows? Maybe that is a sort of brainwashing machine or something . We still don't know just how advance the world of Seed is right now. Maybe they can even regenerate arms or something? I wanted Shinn to develop with Stellar too. But the problem is....normally, if the anime kept on showing about someone who's dead, there is a probability that the person may well be alive.
Old 2004-12-18, 05:22   Link #94
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD
Actually, we don't see Stellar, Auel and Sting taking drugs. All they do after every battle was 'sleep'.
I recall reading that the 2nd generation of living CPUs don't use drugs (they use something else), but let's not be technical here...just call them druggies.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 08:16   Link #95
CowPower

Send a message via ICQ to CowPower
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryogax
looks like it..

incest must be common among coordinators.
Well condering that coordinators are working within what I would assume as an almost controlled gene pool. Everyones wants the best you know, but they are still visually different due to the host mother been the determining factor, or so it was established in the 1st series. So sooner or later every person would be related to another person by the combination fo genes they have

Anyway its NOT that hard to imagine they can be related.

1) After the battle of Orb, EA would have had the job of clean up since the contry has effectively fallen. So why not grab some almost dead bodies and play Frankenstien with them.

2) The blast that killed the family would have been most likely been of a hi-energy type laser type weapon rather then a missle/explosive. So even though the arm was cut off the heat from the blaster fire would have meant the open wound would have been burnt to a sinder and effectively "closed" the open flesh wound. Similar to what Rambo did with that gun shot wound he had, if anyone has seen the Rambo film in question. Where he put some gun powered into the wound and then lit it up causing the bloody and flesh to be burnt and sealed up the wound.

3) Freaky EA experiments could have explained the rapid aging as well as the difference in apperance.
CowPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 08:19   Link #96
DwArD
mAnIaC

Hmm...the wound thingy....why can't you just relate it to Star Wars? Its the same logic as being amputate by a lightsaber. Yep. That's way cooler
Old 2004-12-18, 08:22   Link #97
CowPower

Send a message via ICQ to CowPower
Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD
Hmm...the wound thingy....why can't you just relate it to Star Wars? Its the same logic as being amputate by a lightsaber. Yep. That's way cooler
Thats true but Rambo has arrows that can shoot down entire helichopters
CowPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-18, 08:38   Link #98
DwArD
mAnIaC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowPower
Thats true but Rambo has arrows that can shoot down entire helichopters
Really? Wow...that's amazing!
Old 2004-12-18, 14:51   Link #99
bohemian
坂本真綾さん最高

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph
seeing as how we are discussing crackpot premises here

Or maybe the whole first ten minutes of SEED Destiny NEVER ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

Spoiler for Shin's dark secret revealed!:

Spoiler for more about Shin:

Great thoughts, definitely a lot more plausible than saying that Stellar is Mayu (think the director would at least use the same seiyuu for the two?). I still don't understand why some people think these two girls are the same person, or somehow Mayu survived and became Stellar with new limbs attached. Well, perhaps Alchemy really exists in the Seed world and Mayu is revived using human transmutation, or that Stellar is actually a homunculus.

So far the plot is too predictable, I would like to see more twists added to the story. The one mentioned in the quote has the potential of becoming the best twist in any Gundam series, though after I watched Seed, I doubt Fukuda is smart enough to pull out this kind of twist.
bohemian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-19, 01:36   Link #100
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemian
Great thoughts, definitely a lot more plausible than saying that Stellar is Mayu (think the director would at least use the same seiyuu for the two?).

That plot is insane... lol

Maybe we should make a contest to see who ends up being correct.. lol