AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-28, 12:18   Link #21
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Aria from KyoAni. That could be interesting. But judging from picture it would be Tamayura at best
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 12:18   Link #22
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well. unlike everything else...we will have absolutely no way to tell what this is about until to airs.
Old 2012-11-28, 12:21   Link #23
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

wait, jan 2013. that kinda fast. i wonder why the announcement is close to airing date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
I just hope for the same. Or at least for romance show(but the chances are almost zero). I hated Hyouka and K-On S2 so I just hope they won't make smth similar now. They could make money from better stuff.
agree, I also dont like Hyouka and K-on (thought is more like different taste really) thought I kinda like K-on Movie. by some reason i found it "fresh"

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 12:28   Link #24
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
I think some people were holding out hope for FMP but I'm interested to see where this goes. As with any KyoAni show, count me in.
Old 2012-11-28, 12:45   Link #25
Serphirs

January! This is almost just around the corner.

Maybe now we'll see more than 2 series in the same year. Who knows? Kyoani must be expading its boundaries in recent times, and I have often seen recruiting announcements in its page too.

I hope so.
I mean, don't want to expect 10 years to see more Haruhi, FMP, Lucky Star, etc, etc.
Serphirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 13:01   Link #26
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

This seems like a sad joke.

I have no idea what this and whether or not it will be good, but KyoAni will not have adapted anymore Haruhi in nearly 3 years.

I don't want to see the full animated version of Haruhi when I'm well over 30 years old. This is getting ridiculous.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 13:06   Link #27
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
I think some people were holding out hope for FMP but I'm interested to see where this goes. As with any KyoAni show, count me in.
Someone just had to mention it...
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 13:08   Link #28
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
This seems like a sad joke.

I have no idea what this and whether or not it will be good, but KyoAni will not have adapted anymore Haruhi in nearly 3 years.

I don't want to see the full animated version of Haruhi when I'm well over 30 years old. This is getting ridiculous.
This appears to be a continuation of the Pony Canyon block, and Kadokawa will probably come in Spring/Summer. I guess we can wait and see what happens then. It's sort of futile to make this sort of complaint every time an animation studio announces a new product that isn't the one you want (particularly when it's being published by a different company anyway).

(The same thing applies to FMP, which is also Kadokawa. It's up to them if they want Kyoto Animation to make more and think it'll be more worthwhile than whatever else they have planned.)
Old 2012-11-28, 13:08   Link #29
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Sometimes waiting can get you something glorious. See Yamato 2199.

But I hardly think you will need to wait ten years for the next Haruhi show to come out. Assuming the voice actors are all still viable and all that. (Ono Daisuke presently is voicing Kodai in Yamato without using even a hint of his Itsuki voice. Yes, Kodai does not sound "Fabulous" like Itsuki or Hosaka. Though we have not heard Kodai laugh yet.)
Old 2012-11-28, 13:10   Link #30
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I wouldn't expect Lucky Star, Haruhi, or anything like that from them ever again.
The existence of this new series and Chuu2Koi are, to me, pretty good evidence that KyoAni is trying to break away from its old sponsors and do what they, and not anyone else, want them to do. And don't get me wrong, I'm okay with that.
It's very good for the studio as a brand name, but the downside here (as they have proven before with Munto and recently with Chuu2Koi) is that they simply can't produce consistently good original work at all. The only thing they have independent of source material is really, really pretty visuals.

Last edited by Tyabann; 2012-11-28 at 13:26.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 13:15   Link #31
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
The existence of this new series and Chuu2Koi are pretty good evidence that KyoAni is trying to break away from its old sponsors and do what they, and not anyone else, want them to do.
Partly, but keep in mind that the same publishers are still involved in all of Kyoto Animation's recent shows, so they're not really "breaking away". But their brand as an animation studio is strong enough that they can help publishers by generating/pushing new IP rather than these same publishers relying on them to adapt existing IP. Generating new IP that sells is itself a good thing.

Anyway, this thread should not become another "why isn't Kyoto Animation adapting the show I wanted instead of this crap" thread. This is a thread to talk about this show, not what Kyoto Animation could have done instead. There is an actual Kyoto Animation thread as well.
Old 2012-11-28, 13:17   Link #32
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well it will be at least a little while before we have something to really talk about since we have zero clue on this show since it is seemingly not an adaptation of anything.
Old 2012-11-28, 13:18   Link #33
pinoscotto

who is writing this?
uribuchi said he was going to do an anime during winter...
it's impossible this is it?
pinoscotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 13:20   Link #34
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
This appears to be a continuation of the Pony Canyon block, and Kadokawa will probably come in Spring/Summer. I guess we can wait and see what happens then. It's sort of futile to make this sort of complaint every time an animation studio announces a new product that isn't the one you want (particularly when it's being published by a different company anyway).

(The same thing applies to FMP, which is also Kadokawa. It's up to them if they want Kyoto Animation to make more and think it'll be more worthwhile than whatever else they have planned.)
Furthing this, we've seen that it takes about 2 years for KyoAni to make a show from decision to airing. With how a lot of people weren't working on Chuunibyou, we could tell that something else was in the works. This really explains the gaps between K-On!!/Nichijou and from Nichijou to the K-On! movie. They likely convinced the production committee to sponsor two original works. One KA Esuma work (headed by Ishihara) to promote the LN division and one completely original work (headed by Yamada) to promote the studio. In the meanwhile, Takemoto would work on the Kadokawa show (Hyouka) and the others would create their productions.

As relentless said, this doesn't mean anything regarding Kadokawa productions. Prior to this announcement, we were all speculating it would come in spring anyways. This doesn't change that at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoscotto View Post
who is writing this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Supervisor is Naoko Yamada, Series composer is Reiko Yoshida

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 13:20   Link #35
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoscotto View Post
who is writing this?
Reiko Yoshida.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 13:38   Link #36
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
*glances at his own age box*

I don't think I'll have much of an option.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 14:11   Link #37
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Mist View Post
We don't know much yet, but I hope at least for the setting to be interesting if we're going full iyashikei again. Yamada likes fantasy, and time's due for Kyoani to break out of highschool. The title gives me hope for something interesting, at least, as I don't see a "market" related anime functioning set in current Japan.
We've had hit shows about an onsen and a diner, so why not a market? I'm down with a slice-of-life workplace anime, provided the characters actually work instead of sitting around eating cake while looking cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Mist View Post
So, the show is more or less one month away? I don't know how they're gonna market this, they'll have to go full force.
Do they really need to say anything more than, "KyoAni. New show. Team K-on. Watch it"?
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 14:41   Link #38
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
Someone just had to mention it...
Sorry about that, I seem to have hit a nerve.
Old 2012-11-28, 15:04   Link #39
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
Sorry about that, I seem to have hit a nerve.

By now it is traditional to mention that. Especially now that Little Busters is already being made.
Old 2012-11-28, 15:06   Link #40
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

An original work from Kyoani... could be interesting. Waiting for more info.

In the meantime, all I can say is that the girl looks cute. She's kind of a mix of Mugi and Mio. What's that in her hand? And why is there a chicken on top of her head?

Tags
comedy, seinen