AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

View Poll Results: Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 2 8.70%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 39.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 30.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 17.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 4.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-15, 12:46   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen - Episode 7 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen, Episode 7.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2013-08-15, 22:00   Link #2
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Some really nice moments this episode.

Spoiler for Spoilers:
Old 2013-08-16, 01:22   Link #3
s2012k1993

Unwound Jun builds the new doll, so he can change his static branch world into the main "tree" world. Obviously, his text messages have been preaching this for the last two episodes, but how is the unwound Jun convinced, though he realized that the messages might not be coming from the wound Jun (Otherwise, why would he keep the new doll parts a secret from Shinku?).

Well, for starters, the whole "out of my league" self-preaching is due to a lack of confidence. Instead of gaining confidence from his relationship with Saitou and Shinku, his boss' speech makes the unwound Jun attribute his lack of confidence to his particular unlucky fate. Second, all of this "temporary" servant spiel from Shinku only confirms the text messages' validity. The last nail in the coffin might just be the conversation between Shinku and the unwound Jun, while they read that book. Shinku believes that her sitting on Jun's lap is something that can never be taken away from him. On the other hand, Jun believes memories fade away and something concrete is needed to remember them, specifically, his own doll. Thus, the unwound Jun starts to build the new doll.

The plot seems to be picking up the pace, because the unwound Jun's character arc has changed sufficiently to put it in conflict with Shinku.
Old 2013-08-16, 07:29   Link #4
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It's not surprising that Zuruckspulen isn't getting more discussion, but it still saddens me - this is one beautiful work of art.
Old 2013-08-16, 07:47   Link #5
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

people were really turned off by the first episode, it seems. It's just sad... then there's a certain confusion amongst the fanbase (the non-reading one) that this isn't faithful to the tone the original series made. which is such a shame, since this is the genuine adaptation, not the NOMAD anime.
Old 2013-08-16, 10:16   Link #6
j4c06

Weird, this is the only series this season that I didn't think of dropping yet.

No, wait, I'm also watching Blood Lad. But that's on another plane of existence, LOL
Old 2013-08-16, 10:19   Link #7
Ashlotte
Clockwork

The fact that it's too "genuine" might be the problem...Can hardly blame people for not being interested in discussing a show where barely anything ever happens episode after episode.

The fact that they're still placing emphasis on the "mystery" of the new doll Jun is building even though it's been painfully obvious since the first vol. showed up he's making Kira doesn't help matters any.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2013-08-16, 10:37   Link #8
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
The fact that they're still placing emphasis on the "mystery" of the new doll Jun is building even though it's been painfully obvious since the first vol. showed up he's making Kira doesn't help matters any.
Remember this quote. You'll have to send me money if you're wrong.
Old 2013-08-16, 11:13   Link #9
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This series is clearly not for everybody so I'm not surprised so many people have dropped it. Add to that the fact it's extremely different from the original anime series, and you've got an unpopular show. This is definitely the most underrated anime of the season. The atmosphere Zurückspulen is unmatched this season. The artistic direction is also excellent.

The story is progressing slowly but smoothly. I'm liking this Jun and his development a lot. I can relate to his sensation of feeling out of place.
Old 2013-08-16, 12:48   Link #10
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy

Send a message via MSN to Apache Thunder Send a message via Yahoo to Apache Thunder
I liked this episode and the series thus far. I bet many dropped the show for a lack of the almighty Desu queen. But meh. I like Suiseiseki, but really not the only reason I watch the show. I started watching the older series for Suiseiseki but stayed for the rest and this season's even better since it's sticking to the source material better. I've never read the manga, but generally I like animes that stick to their source material in general.

With the rare exception on any show where the source material is worse then the anime. But that's few and far between. :P

Don't lynch me for saying this, but I enjoyed the series as a whole because it sorta felt like the Japanese version of Toy Story, but with dolls and magic superpowers.

I have cameras in your head!
Old 2013-08-16, 18:13   Link #11
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I think the episode continued to build things well. Slowly, but effectively. Was kind of funny that despite older Jun's mental state he was able to calmly negotiate with Suigintou. Maybe because the most he's seen of these battles is his room being turned into a mess he can't take them as seriously.

Sadly doesn't seem much can stop Jun from making that doll now. Neither Saito or Shinku seem able to legitimately reach him enough to make him stop himself. At least Shinku is following up on what happened before. Unfortunately this kind of message might be too late. No matter what happens the time she's spent there won't vanish.

Sadly seems like the only thing they can do is watch the chaos unfold.
Old 2013-08-17, 00:54   Link #12
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

To be honest I find this version better than the Nomad one. It is kind of sad that it is very underrated.
Old 2013-08-17, 03:43   Link #13
StainGlass

Personally, I have never been keen on the source material for Tales to begin with. I was under the impression many people lost interest in the franchise at the point where the first manga ended abruptly. Suddenly the audience was then thrown into an alternate universe with an older Jun and few of the doll characters as they slowly, very slowly, crept back into the story.

I wasn't expecting to enjoy this as much as I did the previous series. I am however a little disappointed at the slow pace, music, and perhaps, adapting the manga too closely, as I said before, I wasn't too keen on it to begin with.

I can understand why others may have lost interest in it as well. Firstly, it's hard to get into if you never read the first manga, not a good starting point for newcomers.

Also as previously mentioned, very little happens, and thirdly, for those who at least watched the first two series, this must be a very different experience in comparison.

Many of the people watching this seem to care more about Jun's relationship with Saito to be honest. It's not a romance anime, it's Rozen Maiden...

Found this episode to be average again. Good to see young Jun appear. I can never seem to think of older Jun as being the same person, dying his hair and getting contacts was a bit too much perhaps.
Old 2013-08-17, 10:17   Link #14
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I'm still following the show, and I do find its narrative somewhat interesting. It's a good weekly watch.

However, the original Rozen Maiden was known for its color, its hijinks, its hammy drama, and its flashy doll vs. doll combat. That's dramatically different than what we have with this show. This show is much more meticulous, subtle, and subdued.

Both Rozen Maidens are good shows, but one is like a flashy magical girl action show, while the other is like Hyouka. They're two wildly different shows, so it's no surprise that some would like one without liking the other.
Old 2013-08-17, 15:32   Link #15
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

my love for suigintou is what makes me watch week after week
Old 2013-08-17, 16:30   Link #16
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
However, the original Rozen Maiden was known for its color, its hijinks, its hammy drama, and its flashy doll vs. doll combat. That's dramatically different than what we have with this show. This show is much more meticulous, subtle, and subdued.
Pretty much this (IMHO, of course).
It's Rozen Maiden...but at the same time, it isn't. I still consider it to be a pretty good story (even if frustratingly slow paced at times), but it's not at all what I expected from another season of Rozen Maiden.

I can understand why so many people jumped ship after the first couple episodes.
Old 2013-08-17, 21:28   Link #17
Calca
Expressionless

For pretty much any anime adaptation, I want things as close to the source material as possible. Thus I think this is the best season of Rozen Maiden yet. I do agree that the fact that a new foundation has to be built which turned people off but this is the Rozen Maiden manga.

Also, after this arc, the series does kind of "return to its roots" so if there is another season after this, it should be a bit more appealing to those who don't like this season. The pace also isn't as slow. The pace right now is the slowest in the entire manga series and that's because certain plot points need to be set up.
Old 2013-08-18, 11:31   Link #18
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Meh, this series is boring. Good that it's not a 24 episodes one.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

Old 2013-08-18, 11:36   Link #19
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

As a Desu fan, as much as I've missed her, I've actually become a fan of Sugintou instead.
Old 2013-08-18, 13:07   Link #20
HosannaExcelsis

The worst aspect of this season of Rozen Maiden is that it's Rozen Maiden. Needs less dolls and convoluted plot and more well-done character drama. Shinichi Omata deserves better material, but so far he's been making the most out of what he's got. I'm glad he at least got to adapt the second manga, with college Jun being a much more interesting protagonist than middle-school Jun and the most annoying moe archetypes sidelined.
Closed Thread