AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-08-09, 20:32   Link #621
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
Oh, so they don't have a problem with murder in Japan. It all makes sense now.
Link.....there is none
Old 2013-08-10, 00:16   Link #622
XFire
150% done

Guys, he's trolling you. And just to be clear, it wasn't that she "took him with her", it was "he went to her". He recreated her legend so she could come back and then modified it so he could follow her. I fail to see any way she could have stopped him since she was only able to manifest again due to the same thing that "killed" him.

Also, how was he killed? He became immortal, same as her, literally incapable of dying. His consciousness didn't change, his personality wasn't altered, nothing about him changed except who he could interact with. If that kills him then he died as soon as he could no longer interact with Yuuko.
Old 2013-08-10, 03:31   Link #623
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Guys, he's trolling you. And just to be clear, it wasn't that she "took him with her", it was "he went to her". He recreated her legend so she could come back and then modified it so he could follow her. I fail to see any way she could have stopped him since she was only able to manifest again due to the same thing that "killed" him.

Also, how was he killed? He became immortal, same as her, literally incapable of dying. His consciousness didn't change, his personality wasn't altered, nothing about him changed except who he could interact with. If that kills him then he died as soon as he could no longer interact with Yuuko.
If so, then killers can argue that they commited no sin, since all they did is just sent their victims' immortal soul to heaven, where they can enjoy their lives for eternity, with all their wishes fulfilled.
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 04:10   Link #624
CBredbeard
Banned

Living in the minds of others is not the same as living. Killing yourself is not to be lauded. Letting someone kill themselves because of you is repugnant. Teiichi had his whole live ahead of him and Yoko took it form him.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 04:27   Link #625
Shadow5YA

*sigh*

Quote:
Living in the minds of others is not the same as living. Killing yourself is not to be lauded. Letting someone kill themselves because of you is repugnant. Teiichi had his whole live ahead of him and Yoko took it form him.
I'm assuming you can show me the panel where Teiichi's dead body is shown then? Or the part where it's shown how he is killed?

Because if I recall correctly, the ending was intentionally left ambiguous.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 04:30   Link #626
GrimJack

What part of this being a Ghost Story do you guys not understand? Stop trying to bring your real world values into it. If you hated it fine, move along, but some of us really enjoyed the story.
Old 2013-08-10, 05:08   Link #627
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
*sigh*

I'm assuming you can show me the panel where Teiichi's dead body is shown then? Or the part where it's shown how he is killed?

Because if I recall correctly, the ending was intentionally left ambiguous.
Not very ambiguous when pretty much everyone thinks he died to be with Yoko.
Old 2013-08-10, 05:14   Link #628
mols

Hahahaha, interesting discussion
I haven't read the ending yet (well, I know the ending now since I read these forums ), , but the only thing that seems sad to me is that there is no talking about Teiichi's parents/family, or how they could feel. Or how he felt about them.
mols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 05:23   Link #629
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by mols View Post
Hahahaha, interesting discussion
I haven't read the ending yet (well, I know the ending now since I read these forums ), , but the only thing that seems sad to me is that there is no talking about Teiichi's parents/family, or how they could feel. Or how he felt about them.
As far I know we still need to read the epilogue....so maybe we will see them or/and the reaction of the other in the epilogue.

Anyway I don't think this ending is bad (if he really go with her) I think that with this last chapters was predictable.

Also like someone already point out this was his choice.

Last edited by Soji; 2013-08-10 at 06:21.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 05:25   Link #630
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Also like someone already point out this was his choice.
And Yoko is completely happy with it. Bitch.
Old 2013-08-10, 05:36   Link #631
GrimJack

Quote:
And Yoko is completely happy with it. Bitch.
sometimes it is better to be silent and be thought an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

you have proven you don't understand the nature of the manga so any further posts from you are immaterial.
Old 2013-08-10, 06:12   Link #632
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimJack View Post
sometimes it is better to be silent and be thought an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

you have proven you don't understand the nature of the manga so any further posts from you are immaterial.
I understand it just fine. If anything, the ending is the abnormality. The supernatural elements in the series were very toned down. The only oddity being that Yoko existed at all. And then Yoko wasn't capable of anything that a normal girl wasn't.

She ate. She dressed (had a wardrobe even). She used the restroom. She showered. Might have even had a period.

Even her manifestations had more to do with other people's perceptions and ideas than what she was. She had no control over it whatsoever, other than behaving in a way that would play upon their fears.

So where does her having the ability to "spirit him away" come from, unless she flat out kills him with her own two hands?
Old 2013-08-10, 06:14   Link #633
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Oh yea, now I know you're just trolling.
Either way further discussion with him is useless, I advise the rest of you to stop.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 10:02   Link #634
ellifeedn
Thinker

Apparently someone is unwilling to suspend their disbelief. But if you really care, Yuuko wasn't the one who "killed" Teiichi, it was Teiichi himself by spreading rumors that he would disappear to be with Yuuko.

Last edited by ellifeedn; 2013-08-10 at 14:55.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 12:41   Link #635
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Not very ambiguous when pretty much everyone thinks he died to be with Yoko.
Who is "everyone"?

The rumor was started before it even happened. There were no real witnesses and there is no dead body.

All we have is an ambiguous reunion with Teiichi asking "did she bring me over to the other side?" without an answer ever being given.
Old 2013-08-10, 12:44   Link #636
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Who is "everyone"?

The rumor was started before it even happened. There were no real witnesses and there is no dead body.

All we have is an ambiguous reunion with Teiichi asking "did she bring me over to the other side?" without an answer ever being given.
Everyone is the people that read the manga.
Old 2013-08-10, 12:59   Link #637
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Everyone is the people that read the manga.
Uh, No. The ending was ambiguous so everyone saw it differently from what you saw.
You saw it as "Teiichi died because Yuuko killed him".
Most of us saw it as "Teiichi Ascend To A Higher Plane Of Existence to be with Yuuko" just like what happen in the end of Lord of The Rings.
While some saw it as "Teiichi finally got Yuuko back. That's it."
And there's some of us who are "Will wait for the epilogue to figure out what really happen in the ending".

So please don't assume we share the same opinions as you.
Old 2013-08-10, 13:35   Link #638
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Uh, No. The ending was ambiguous so everyone saw it differently from what you saw.
You saw it as "Teiichi died because Yuuko killed him".
Most of us saw it as "Teiichi Ascend To A Higher Plane Of Existence to be with Yuuko" just like what happen in the end of Lord of The Rings.
That's just a nice way of saying he was killed.

Quote:
While some saw it as "Teiichi finally got Yuuko back. That's it."
Maybe for people that lack imagination and can't read the given context.

Quote:
And there's some of us who are "Will wait for the epilogue to figure out what really happen in the ending".
An omake chapter that has nothing to do with the actual series and will merely shove Yuuko's boobs in your face until no more can be taken. Which would have been something I would have enjoyed until she became a murderer.

Quote:
So please don't assume we share the same opinions as you.
Even by your own admission most people assumed he had been killed. I admit, most people wouldn't have seen it for what really happened due to sentimentality. No one wants to think Yuuko killed Teiichi, so they don't, but that's what happened.
Old 2013-08-10, 13:45   Link #639
Shadow5YA

Quote:
So by your own admission you have no in-text evidence and are just jumping to your own conclusions as you see fit.

I have already asked you to show me the scene where Teiichi dies, and you gave me nothing other than "everyone should be able to see it!"

Currently, all we have is an ending scene where Teiichi makes contact with Yuuko and walks off with her - something he has been able to do since the beginning of the series.

If you judging based on the rumor that Teiichi was spirited away - that by definition is not a proven fact. The chapter ends on the same day Teiichi left the school. We have no one in the series to prove that Teiichi became a ghost and left his body behind.
Old 2013-08-10, 14:19   Link #640
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
That's just a nice way of saying he was killed.
Don't twist people words into your own interpretation. If i follow your logic, then God did not help Jesus ascend to heaven but killed him.

Quote:
More like you lack imagination of seeing things from a different point of view.

Quote:
An omake chapter that has nothing to do with the actual series and will merely shove Yuuko's boobs in your face until no more can be taken. Which would have been something I would have enjoyed until she became a murderer.
Epilogue, an official after story, not omake. Learn the difference.

Quote:
Even by your own admission most people assumed he had been killed. I admit, most people wouldn't have seen it for what really happened due to sentimentality. No one wants to think Yuuko killed Teiichi, so they don't, but that's what happened.
No, your the only one want to think like that. Your assuming we are denying Yuuko's a "murderer" due to sentimentally when in actuality we are seeing things differently on what happen in the ambiguous ending as i explain before.

Honestly, most of us are getting annoyed of your one sided view posts and dismissing or not respecting our opinions.

Since your a new user, here's an advice: While most of us in Animesuki have different views or opinions, we respect and do not deride each other over whatever views/opinions we have.

Tags
ecchi, romance, school life, shounen, supernatural