AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2014-11-12, 01:08   Link #10341
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

I had to stop a couple of times on that one till the laughing fits ended. At the end there did he just reveal something that she's been trying to hint at for several years now?

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-12, 02:59   Link #10342
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

It seems like Hata-sensei is FINALLY starting to tie up loose ends in the manga starting with the movement of the PLOT and (some) actual progress in our natural gigolo's relationships, even if it's just finding out the girls like him. I wonder who he'll realize likes him next.

Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle Wiki - If you've read and enjoyed the series, please help out! We now have a social group!!!
Cipher J's Blog|Fan and Original Fiction Database - A blog that I recently made to serve as a backup place for all my fan/original fiction. Feel free to check it out if you like.
DragonKing0117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-12, 03:04   Link #10343
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonKing0117 View Post
It seems like Hata-sensei is FINALLY starting to tie up loose ends in the manga starting with the movement of the PLOT and (some) actual progress in our natural gigolo's relationships, even if it's just finding out the girls like him. I wonder who he'll realize likes him next.
Heh don't get your hopes up too high. Next chapter may have something like Nagi talking about moving the plot in a certain direction. Then her getting bored with it so today we are playing baseball. Cause autumn is the season for sports!! It wouldn't be the first time the artist self inserted and did something completely random.

Old 2014-11-12, 03:14   Link #10344
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
Heh don't get your hopes up too high. Next chapter may have something like Nagi talking about moving the plot in a certain direction. Then her getting bored with it so today we are playing baseball. Cause autumn is the season for sports!! It wouldn't be the first time the artist self inserted and did something completely random.
Whoever said I was getting my hopes up? I just stated that I was wondering who'd be the next to confess. Realistically speaking, we won't see much happening until maybe 20 chapters later, maybe even more. Of course, with recent developments the speed could go faster, but come on. This is Hata-sensei we're talking about. At the rate he's going, Hayate might not end until One Piece does.

Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle Wiki - If you've read and enjoyed the series, please help out! We now have a social group!!!
Cipher J's Blog|Fan and Original Fiction Database - A blog that I recently made to serve as a backup place for all my fan/original fiction. Feel free to check it out if you like.
Old 2014-11-12, 03:22   Link #10345
bowow0708

Quote:
Whoever said I was getting my hopes up? I just stated that I was wondering who'd be the next to confess. Realistically speaking, we won't see much happening until maybe 20 chapters later, maybe even more. Of course, with recent developments the speed could go faster, but come on. This is Hata-sensei we're talking about. At the rate he's going, Hayate might not end until One Piece does.
Well if One Piece is the basis we're gonna be using for how long this manga will last, I think we can see this going on for another 5-10 years if my projections are correct.
bowow0708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-12, 09:04   Link #10346
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

okay! I forgot that Klaus has been employed in another Sanzenin household

anyway, this is a funny chapter
I like how A-tan is the one who give plainest reaction like "yeah! he did it again"
Ayumu might fell behind this new girl though...
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-12, 09:26   Link #10347
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
You think so?

I thought that this _might_ happen after all when the Royal Garden was thematized once more, but what happens next? We add another likable girl in distress to the harem. Oh yay!

Nah. Hata missed the chance to end this show properly around 100 chapters ago. Now it's just another case of a once-good show that dies a slow painful death due to an "author can't let go" affliction.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-12, 15:28   Link #10348
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
You think so?

I thought that this _might_ happen after all when the Royal Garden was thematized once more, but what happens next? We add another likable girl in distress to the harem. Oh yay!

Nah. Hata missed the chance to end this show properly around 100 chapters ago. Now it's just another case of a once-good show that dies a slow painful death due to an "author can't let go" affliction.
I think you're in the minority in this opinion. I think it's a great gag manga with great gags. I laugh so hard reading it every week and on a bad chapter I'll only laugh a little. Nothing says that an author has to end a story "properly" and Hata surely isn't someone who would go by the book in doing so even if it was a rule. It keeps me entertained because I read it as a gag manga with a story. So first and foremost it must make me laugh.

Old 2014-11-13, 19:04   Link #10349
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
Hayate's one of the only manga I actually follow weekly so I feel ya there SoloPanda. I swear I'm just going to call getting a harem, being a "natural gigolo" now. xD

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Katsu Koneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 11:03   Link #10350
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
I think you're in the minority in this opinion. I think it's a great gag manga with great gags. I laugh so hard reading it every week and on a bad chapter I'll only laugh a little. Nothing says that an author has to end a story "properly" and Hata surely isn't someone who would go by the book in doing so even if it was a rule. It keeps me entertained because I read it as a gag manga with a story. So first and foremost it must make me laugh.
I think that I'll definitely be in the minority of those people still actively following the manga and discussing it, you're right. And if you guys are still fully enjoying things, that's really good to hear, more power to you

However, if I remember the energy and passion during the Greece arc and the conclusion, we're in my most humble opinion a far far cry away from there. There are no extrapolation debates where the story came from and where it will go anymore. Dozens of people were eagerly awaiting every new chapter on this board, shipping wars were being waged... and then it was over. Ever since this high point, after Hata hit the dreaded reset button once more, the story has settled down. Still funny every once in a while, still interesting every once in a while, but the energy is mostly gone. Today, there only around 1-2 dozen people left who bother to check this thread. What in my eyes could have gone down as an epic long-running manga is now receding into a perma-reset humor comic. Developments don't matter because they will be undone again anyway. And - I would venture a bet that the manga sales will have declined from Greece, as well.

But enough sighing. I would have _loved_ if the show had had a proper definitive ending, no matter whether or not my ship would have sunk. At the moment, I simply don't really care anymore. The new, likable girl falling for Hayate, it simply has happened too often. Like a tea bag reused multiple times.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 19:33   Link #10351
MCAL

Let the misunderstandings commence!

Also, what was up with those coffee breaks?
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 22:29   Link #10352
ChampDream
Alive

well, it look like the new girl is making things really interesting.
Old 2014-11-20, 22:58   Link #10353
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Just read the latest chapter and damn, Konoha works quick, she really is a prodigy compared to the other girls. I mean seriously, this is only the third chapter since her reappearance and she's already making out with Hayate! The girl's got some skills.

Last edited by DragonKing0117; 2014-11-20 at 23:28.
Old 2014-11-20, 23:24   Link #10354
cloud04
Scanlator

i doubt its an actual kissing lol
Old 2014-11-21, 00:59   Link #10355
Utkarsh Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Also, what was up with those coffee breaks?
Those are "Love Live! School Idol Project" references.
Hata-sensei sure likes that franchise.

Next chapter should be interesting.
Utkarsh Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-21, 03:17   Link #10356
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
i doubt its an actual kissing lol
lol same XD

This chapter just made me make a WTF face =w=;
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-21, 03:52   Link #10357
bowow0708

Welp. . . I can honestly say that I didn't see that coming. Konoha is definitely a extreme wild card here.
bowow0708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-21, 04:02   Link #10358
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

This could be one of those camera angle tricks where she's "just getting something in his eye" or something. Or perhaps the revelation that the hamster likes him caused her to rush the situation but I don't know for sure.

Old 2014-11-21, 04:29   Link #10359
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

so Konoha might be an aggressive type like Ruka?

I really feel Hinagiku was left behind too far already
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-21, 06:19   Link #10360
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
so Konoha might be an aggressive type like Ruka?

I really feel Hinagiku was left behind too far already
Like Ayumu said, Himagiku doesn't try hard enough. When it comes to love, she's like her sister when it comes to money.

Tags
comedy, shounen