AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-19, 11:52   Link #181
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy Lechance View Post
Would Mugi-chan qualify as a "Big-Sister" or "Mother-Figure" character in Afterschool Tea Time? In terms of emotional maturity, she is certainly seems to be the champion of the lot.
I've always seen her more as a mother-like figure than anything else in terms of how she takes care of the others. Deep inside, she's still quite childish, though.
Old 2010-05-19, 12:13   Link #182
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I've always seen her more as a mother-like figure than anything else in terms of how she takes care of the others. Deep inside, she's still quite childish, though.
I see her more as a source of explanation as she breaks the fourth wall with her Mugivision.

Of course, Ep 07 covers the power of it when in AOE mode.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-05-19, 13:35   Link #183
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I see her more as a source of explanation as she breaks the fourth wall with her Mugivision.

Of course, Ep 07 covers the power of it when in AOE mode.
Now there's a class type you don't see in RPG/MMO ....
1) Can produce tea (mana potions) and snacks (health potions)
2) Various powers of "being in the right place at the right time" and "able to summon minions and artifacts at will"
3) Most important - can single-target or AOE entire target zone with "lesbianating powers" (any male targets simply vaporize).
Old 2010-05-19, 13:46   Link #184
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Now there's a class type you don't see in RPG/MMO ....
1) Can produce tea (mana potions) and snacks (health potions)
2) Various powers of "being in the right place at the right time" and "able to summon minions and artifacts at will"
3) Most important - can single-target or AOE entire target zone with "lesbianating powers" (any male targets simply vaporize).
Sounds a pretty imba class to me. The scriptwriter (or his/her hired company) probably created her as self-image.

Wait. So that means that Kyoani was hijacked by the daughter of the Kotobuki group?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-05-19, 18:43   Link #185
Gordy Lechance

Well, more Kakifry then Kyoani....
Old 2010-05-19, 19:00   Link #186
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Her father is the owner (and thus, president) of the music store Yui bought her guitar at.

A company's owner is also known as a president, hence why the music store clerk says she's the president's daughter.
Aha! I thought so, I thought it was a bit weird that she was the actual presidents daughter. The whole thing makes much, much more sense now anyway.
Old 2010-05-19, 20:00   Link #187
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It is interesting that of all the girls, we know the least about Mugi. We's only seen her summer beach homes, but never her house. We know she takes the train to get to school. We know somethings about her and her families wealth by observation...but what else do we know?

Aside that she wants, really badly, to experiance normal girl life.
Old 2010-05-19, 20:06   Link #188
Qikz

That must be one heck of a big music store either chain or a very well ran single store. For them to have that much money atleast anyway.
Old 2010-05-19, 21:06   Link #189
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Powerful family clans tend to be conglomerates (everything from paper clips to cruise missiles with music stores somewhere in the middle). We can speculate that Mugi fought hard to go to a school (assume private girl's school) rather than being tutored at home or at the same school the other elites go to (e.g. Princess Aiko). This implies a rather formidable personality (i.e. "her father's daughter"). There's one 4-koma where she simply *looks* at the clerk in the music store and its clear he's crumbling as much from her death glare as in realizing she's the "princess" of the family clan that owns him. We don't get to *see* that death glare but the iconography is clear.
Old 2010-05-19, 23:48   Link #190
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Powerful family clans tend to be conglomerates (everything from paper clips to cruise missiles with music stores somewhere in the middle). We can speculate that Mugi fought hard to go to a school (assume private girl's school) rather than being tutored at home or at the same school the other elites go to (e.g. Princess Aiko). This implies a rather formidable personality (i.e. "her father's daughter"). There's one 4-koma where she simply *looks* at the clerk in the music store and its clear he's crumbling as much from her death glare as in realizing she's the "princess" of the family clan that owns him. We don't get to *see* that death glare but the iconography is clear.
And for all intents and purposes, her serving cakes to her friends seems to have some background motive. When Mio phoned her, you know how she treated her butler......

She's probably the only child that her father dotes on her. Heck, I bet she can kidnap Mio and make her the personal slave of Tsumugi Kotobuki.

Old 2010-05-20, 00:38   Link #191
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
It is interesting that of all the girls, we know the least about Mugi. We's only seen her summer beach homes, but never her house. We know she takes the train to get to school. We know somethings about her and her families wealth by observation...but what else do we know?

Aside that she wants, really badly, to experiance normal girl life.
I thought about that during episode 6. As Yui and Ui were singing, everyone else was shown, but Mugi was the only one not at home. Maybe they've built up her house as so grandiose that there's no way to live up to it.
Old 2010-05-20, 00:42   Link #192
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Mugi's house is pretty much the only place the manga has not gone....so there is no source material for it. (the only shots of Mugi at home are on blank backgrounds with only her butler and maybe an object such as a blow of ice to cool her warm hands).
Old 2010-05-20, 05:23   Link #193
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Mugi's house is pretty much the only place the manga has not gone....so there is no source material for it. (the only shots of Mugi at home are on blank backgrounds with only her butler and maybe an object such as a blow of ice to cool her warm hands).
You know how much work went into drawing Nagi Sanzenin's house in Hayate No Gotoku?

Well....it would probably be something like that. I wish there's a Mugi episode where she invites her comrades to her house, but they would probably be stuck in there forever, due to unforseen circumstances.

Old 2010-05-20, 06:07   Link #194
Sparvid
*hic*

I'd like to see a full episode solely from Mugis point of view. Just showing an average day or two, with her preparing tea, following Yui and Ritsu on their latest zany scheme, keeping an eye out for shipping possibilities between her fellow students, and whatever it is she does at home.
Old 2010-05-20, 08:08   Link #195
scr
my sides are in orbit

Lightbulb

Quote:
It is interesting that of all the girls, we know the least about Mugi.
And then Mugi says, "Just as keikaku".

What Mugi want is a harem for herself, of course it's better when the girls don't even realize that they are her harem and that she's playing with their heart.

You see, eps 7 make us realize that there were a lot of things going on in the background ("Mio Fanclub!"). Mugi has been seducing the other members and making sure each one of them don't tell the others about Mugi's advance. We just don't see her in action. What a playa.
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
Old 2010-05-23, 06:02   Link #196
yakumo-chan

is she really going to sing in season 2???
Old 2010-05-23, 15:44   Link #197
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
is she really going to sing in season 2???
Who knows? I personally doubt it, but it would be nice if it were to happen.
Old 2010-05-23, 16:01   Link #198
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Here's a (rather terrible) scan of the comic that demonstrates how Mugi deals with people who don't treat her friends well.
Panel 2: she notices that Yui is in trouble "......"
Panel 3: Atmosphere blackens, smoky hot mist rises from her head, laser beams target employee.
Panel 4: Mugi innocently smiles at Azusa who's just whirled around sensing great danger. "eh?" Employee changes tune.

Imageshack is being an ass and won't seem to thumbnail this so here's the link: http://yfrog.com/1nmugiglarej

Mugi's look in panel 4 is what makes it perfect. Its unfortunate the anime didn't capture this sequence (the anime just relied on him recognizing her).

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-05-23 at 16:12.
Old 2010-05-24, 03:09   Link #199
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Here's a (rather terrible) scan of the comic that demonstrates how Mugi deals with people who don't treat her friends well.
Panel 2: she notices that Yui is in trouble "......"
Panel 3: Atmosphere blackens, smoky hot mist rises from her head, laser beams target employee.
Panel 4: Mugi innocently smiles at Azusa who's just whirled around sensing great danger. "eh?" Employee changes tune.

Imageshack is being an ass and won't seem to thumbnail this so here's the link: http://yfrog.com/1nmugiglarej

Mugi's look in panel 4 is what makes it perfect. Its unfortunate the anime didn't capture this sequence (the anime just relied on him recognizing her).
Since K-ON! is a sweet and saccharine anime about girls being girls, and as close as lesbians sisters due to Mugivision™ being in the after school sweets eating light music club, Mugi in scary mode could possibly scare the younger watchers.

Also, she might release a more destructive version of her Mugivision™ to mess up the world and deprive every male on earth of female companionship.

However, we know of her plans.....

Spoiler for Mugi's Hidden Look And Intention:

Old 2010-07-02, 02:38   Link #200
Sparvid
*hic*

Happy birthday, Mugi!

Tags
characters