AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-01-05, 22:02   Link #181
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
I have an important question about Inukami: i started watching it, but it looks like i'm missing something: the story already starts out with the boy and the girl, that are already together, fighting perverted demons. Where is the story about the boy actually meeting for the first time this girl? Or perhaps i'm watching some second season of this anime? Anyways, i like it very much for the humor, that perv demon was fucking laughable at haha.
Yes, the first episode is kinda direct-to-action and Keita and Yoko's first encounter will be covered in episode. 5, so don't worry. Inukami only has one series (26 episodes) and a movie. Also, yeah, it was well-known due to its humor. It's a comedy anime in case I forget to tell you.

About Iriya no Sora, maybe I can enjoy it because I already understand the background story. Also, the boy said those harsh things to the girl out of his own will but for the greater good (the greater good being the world, in this case). yeah, it's more like love-it-or-hate-it anime and apparently you're in the latter category. So, yeah, sorry .
Old 2012-01-06, 21:27   Link #182
leokiko

B-Gata H Kei.

It fits your tastes really well, it's damn good.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 21:52   Link #183
Elegance

"I've watched up to 6 episodes of B gata H kei, and even tho i somehow was enjoying it, i dropped it when i realized it was mainly from the girl's pov. Also the guy was shy, so ye, confirm i dropped it."

-Classified Info
Elegance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 16:12   Link #184
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished watching Inukami, and it was kinda funny, even tho it contained a bit too much slapstick humor. Nearing the end i yawned many times. Also, does the author have some kind of perversion for naked men? Everywhere i see powermuscled machos with elephants in pants what the fuck? ye it's funny to some extent but man, stop with that; on the long run it gets silly. Anyways, i'd rate it 8.3 or something like that: it was entertaining but nothing special, and the romance was very little since the guy was getting beaten up 80% of the show, and many times for no reasons.

Now going for Midori no Hibi. Updated first post

EDIT
Watched the first episode, but i find this kind of relation a bit... problematic: how do they do when he goes bathing? When he covers his "hand", doesn't she suffocate? Doesn't she eat? Doesn't she pee/shit or perhaps have a shower? Same goes for sirens: where to put it in? Here it's rather the guy's been fapping so much that his hand turned out to be his girlfriend. This anime has an hidden sad message. Anyways, i'll keep watching it, hoping that the girl will get back to normal as soon as possible and not just the last 2 minutes of the last episode.
EDIT2
It looks like it will be like that till the end. Can't stand it for 12 episodes, sorry. If it just it was fixed halfway and then the two had to go through normal relations issues, then it would be ok, but this way it is depressing and just problematic. Ye, it's problematic. Even kissing is problematic here. Awful situation.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2012-01-07 at 18:11.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 01:19   Link #185
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Sorry for the late coming, just arrived from a trip. Also, my house right now is under renovation, so it’s not exactly comfortable here. Now back to topic.

I thought you were going to watch Fate/Stay Night (F/SN)? I think you’ll like it. If you got turned off by what I said earlier that F/SN is a bad adaptation of the visual novel, then don’t be. Take it like this: from the novel reader’s PoV, Jurassic Park is a bad adaptation since Spielberg changed A LOT of things from the novel to fit the movie format. Still, that didn’t change the fact that Jurassic Park is a good (if not great) movie on its own. The same thing (more or less) can be applied to Fate/Stay Night.

Quote:
It looks like it will be like that till the end. Can't stand it for 12 episodes, sorry. If it just it was fixed halfway and then the two had to go through normal relations issues, then it would be ok, but this way it is depressing and just problematic. Ye, it's problematic. Even kissing is problematic here. Awful situation.
As for Midori no Hibi: yup, it IS entirely focusing on the problem of a guy having a girl as his right-hand and all the trouble that comes from it (the anime/manga itself actually provide some answers to your ‘taking a bath’ questions ). And yes, it is an awful situation and this anime/manga tells how the guy have to deal with it till the end of the story and while also building a relationship with Midori along the way. That’s what makes it unique. Midori, being a real girl before being put in this situation, was also confused by her ‘lower half’ gone ‘missing’ (turns out she don’t have to pee, etc. The food she ate goes to Seiji’s body). I was also turned off in the beginning (just like you ), but when I learn to accept that certain element, I get an interesting (funny and sometimes melancholic) story with a satisfying ending. Still, the choice is entirely yours and I respect it.
Old 2012-01-08, 07:46   Link #186
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Rofl i had forgotten Fate/stay night Never thought of ever dropping it, thank you for reminding me again. Just so you know: F/SN and Code Geass will be the last ones i'll watch, because i expect much from them (Just to say, those are the only titles that i think can be put on the level of S;G, therefore i'm saving them for later on)

At the moment i'm watching random titles to build up the desire to watch those titles. Anyways, i started Kamisama Kazoku and i'm liking it. Ye, the graphic isn't great, but the plot is ok. I have to say that i hated much the protagonist during the first 3 episodes, and the 4th episode looked like the last episode to me. Now i'm ok with it. Going for the 9th.

Ah, there is a chance that i'll pick up Midori no Hibi again if i'm in the mood(exactly after i finish kamisama kazoku).
Old 2012-01-08, 09:51   Link #187
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished Kamisama Kazoku and i really liked the plot, or at least the depth of the romance. It was a while i didn't see some developing in relationships, and here it was even fast paced and that was good. Liked the end, but would have been way better if the boy confessed (even tho it's clear he loves the angel and chose her). The ending said it all anyways, so i'm fine. If it wasn't for the graphic, that was indeed poor, i'd have rated it something like 9.5. Perhaps it'll drop to 8.9. Thank you for suggesting it.

I'll finish off some of the stalled/dropped series
EDIT
Finished Nyan Koi, but the end just wasn't an end. 2nd season? Not coming any soon. Ah ye, i discovered another thing (actually confirmed): i hate cats. I just plain don't like them, and that's also the reason why i hate cat girls.

I think i'm going to finish They are my noble masters

Tomorrow uni, see u friday

Last edited by Classified Info; 2012-01-08 at 19:27.
Old 2012-01-13, 17:06   Link #188
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Started Code Geass, and i found out it got dubbed in my language. Anyways, i don't like much the mecha and political background, yet i'll keep watching it just because there is nothing left. It might turn into something good. Still, the character of Lelouch is a bit sudden, just one second he's a normal student, the second after he's some mad convinced terrorist with monster strategy. I'll keep you up to date.

EDIT
Dropped CG, it bored me after ep5. I think i quite got the idea of the anime, but it doesn't suit me much. I won't find anything like S;G. To be honest, i'm happy i didn't find anything like S;G : i want it to remain my favorite title.

Finished They are my noble masters, and the last two episodes were actually the most interesting. The story had bored me along the way, but the last two episode did the job and fixed it. The ending was happy, there was a kiss and that's it. If it wasn't so boring and monotone along the way i would have rated it more. 8.6

EDIT2
Started Fate/stay night, and i'm enjoying it. I'm finding many similarities with Shakunan no Shana but i'm liking it more (probably because the characters do no look childish or don't act like children perhaps). I like the characters, finished episode7, will continue when i get back. Thanks for suggesting this title.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2012-01-14 at 14:11.
Old 2012-01-15, 13:29   Link #189
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished Fate/stay night and i liked it very much, even tho i hated the ending
Spoiler for ending:
. I liked it overall for the romance and the action, i liked the soundtracks a lot, and i enjoyed really much some characters (gilgamesh sure kicked asses, loved it).

It's different from the shows i watched so far, since it was more focused on this magic plot and saint graal war, so i'd put it into another cathegory. I'd rate it something like 9.4 i think.

I'm open to new titles now, as you could see. I managed to enjoy animes like F/SN, which were more on the plot than on the romance, so you are free to give me other titles, always as long as they contain some romance.

Anyways, i still have those other titles in my list, with school rumble being the next, since i need something lighter. See you next week probably.
Old 2012-01-15, 16:05   Link #190
Redoaxe
ツンデレ。。。?

Quote:
Finished Fate/stay night and i liked it very much, even tho i hated the ending
Spoiler for ending:
. I liked it overall for the romance and the action, i liked the soundtracks a lot, and i enjoyed really much some characters (gilgamesh sure kicked asses, loved it).

It's different from the shows i watched so far, since it was more focused on this magic plot and saint graal war, so i'd put it into another cathegory. I'd rate it something like 9.4 i think.

I'm open to new titles now, as you could see. I managed to enjoy animes like F/SN, which were more on the plot than on the romance, so you are free to give me other titles, always as long as they contain some romance.

Anyways, i still have those other titles in my list, with school rumble being the next, since i need something lighter. See you next week probably.
Now that you finished Fate/Stay Night you should try Fate/Zero
Old 2012-01-15, 22:09   Link #191
Undertaker

Try Kamisama Dolls, it's a action romance drama. The pacing is a bit on the slow side but the central plot is interesting enough to keep you in.

Also, I don't know if I suggest it before, but try Working! as well. It's a lighthearted comedy with some romance developing slowly throughout the two seasons.
Old 2012-01-16, 17:30   Link #192
Onibaba
"Nice, Takemoto!"

Man...the romance suggestion threads on here have really come a long way in the last 8 years

Nice thread, op
Onibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 16:56   Link #193
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Kamisama Dolls and Working! added to the list, thank you for the suggestions.

I started Fate/zero, since last time i had finished Fate/stay night, and i arrived at episode8. My impressions:
It doesn't contain any romance, but i'm liking it waaay more than F/SN, probably for its characters or the better fights or the cooler graphic, i don't really know. Taking the romance factor apart, i find it better than F/SN. I only wished there was more Gilgamesh fighting along the way, since he was so badass in the previous title. Shit, they are keeping all the cool characters from fighting (Gilgamesh, that black knight and the king of conquerors).

I would still like to remind you that i'm able to enjoy these new titles(that may not be focused on romance) because S;G just satisfied me too much.ù

@Onibaba
If you mean that i was able to keep this topic alive after this much time, it's probably because i'm active and actually follow the users's suggestions, finishing off their titles and letting them suggest me some more, since i asked them to do so afterall. It's just a consequence that this thread became a romance-titles container that can be useful for others aswell.
Old 2012-01-18, 19:07   Link #194
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Ah what the fuck, F/Z hasn't ended yet, how annoying. I finished episode 13, and i'm really liking it. I really liked the King of conquerors for his philosophy and his being funny, beside being a leader. Gilgamesh is just kickass, i already liked him in F/SN while i never really took an interest in saber(weak personality, as Conqueror stated during their drinking banquet). That dark cursed knight is also an interesting dude, even tho he made his appearence just once. That caster is too much fucked up, just the icon of madness for this show. I appreciate lancer for his loyalty, even tho he'll get screwed later on for sure, since he's being fooled.

I think i'm liking F/Z more than F/SN because it focuses more on the fights and the protagonists are more the servants rather than the masters. I thought i would have liked more F/SN because its protagonist were teenagers, and there was some developing relationship in the background, but i found out F/Z to be a better anime overall, even tho it doesn't provide the romance element.

I'll have to wait for the next releases i guess. Anyways, for tonight i'm done, i'll start over saturday, when i get back. Cya
Old 2012-01-18, 19:19   Link #195
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Ah what the fuck, F/Z hasn't ended yet, how annoying. I finished episode 13, and i'm really liking it. I really liked the King of conquerors for his philosophy and his being funny, beside being a leader. Gilgamesh is just kickass, i already liked him in F/SN while i never really took an interest in saber(weak personality, as Conqueror stated during their drinking banquet). That dark cursed knight is also an interesting dude, even tho he made his appearence just once. That caster is too much fucked up, just the icon of madness for this show. I appreciate lancer for his loyalty, even tho he'll get screwed later on for sure, since he's being fooled.

I think i'm liking F/Z more than F/SN because it focuses more on the fights and the protagonists are more the servants rather than the masters. I thought i would have liked more F/SN because its protagonist were teenagers, and there was some developing relationship in the background, but i found out F/Z to be a better anime overall, even tho it doesn't provide the romance element.

I'll have to wait for the next releases i guess. Anyways, for tonight i'm done, i'll start over saturday, when i get back. Cya
Hehe, Gilgamesh has been kick-ass, but in this series, man they really beefed up Berserker. He's now my favorite hero.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 20:14   Link #196
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Haha... Glad that you can enjoy Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero even more despite its seriousness and lack of romance. Welcome to the club . Now, if you want a quick watch, you can try the movie of Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (UBW). If you consider Fate/Stay Night series as ‘Shiro & Saber’s route’, then UBW is ‘Rin & Archer’s route’. So, if you like Rin Tohsaka & Archer characters from F/SN series, you’ll get a treat here. Considering all the material this movie has to cover in limited time, the story feels rushed. Still, If you already watched F/SN, I don’t think you’ll have trouble following UBW.

As for another series suggestion, why don’t you try Gosick?
Spoiler for pic:

Overall, it’s a mystery anime but it also has good romance.
Old 2012-01-18, 20:52   Link #197
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

I'll definitely watch F/SN UBW when i get back saturday.

As far as Gosick is concerned, i have to inform you that i don't like much detective stories(I find Detective conan or other investigator/detective telefilms pretty boring) so if it's that way, i'm not going to begin it. If it instead plays around another kind of mystery(like supernatural stuff or the kind) it might be okay. I really hope it isn't some detective story(X got killed, who might have been? Y got stolen, who is the culprit? I don't find the shitter, where is it?), because i really love that kind of art design, indeed that SS appeals me very much. I'll wait for a response
Old 2012-01-20, 09:41   Link #198
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
As far as Gosick is concerned, i have to inform you that i don't like much detective stories(I find Detective conan or other investigator/detective telefilms pretty boring) so if it's that way, i'm not going to begin it.
Yeah, Gosick is strong with detective element. Still, you won’t get the same feeling like watching Detective Conan. It’s coz Gosick is heavier on character development (between the two protags) unlike most of Detective Conan’s episodes which too busy dwelling on the cases and abandoning character development altogether. Also, even though Gosick’s story is basically case-by-case, all of them are linked together and furthering the relationship of the protags, unlike the episodic format in Det Conan. Since the setting of this anime is Europe in 1920s, you’ll get the same feeling as reading Sherlock Holmes novels (don’t know if it’s good for you or not ). If I should make a comparison, Gosick is similar to Dance in the Vampire Bund but with human protags and Victorian Era kinda setting. It has been considered a really good anime for its genre.

However, if you really hate detective element, then I suggest you give this a try when you have nothing else to watch .
Old 2012-01-21, 08:31   Link #199
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

What i feared was the episodic taste of detective conan, where there is only investigation and other police thingies.

If this develops around a relationship, then it will be totally fine.
Old 2012-01-21, 13:37   Link #200
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Started Gosick and i'm liking it. I'm okay with the plot as long as there is romance, and here it is surely noticeable. I also love the character design, so it's totally fine. Going for the 3rd episode.