AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Aquarion EVOL - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 15 27.27%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 18.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 5.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 16.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 9.09%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 7.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 7.27%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.82%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 5.45%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-11, 02:49   Link #101
Dissix
What the Fudge Nuggets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misslaly View Post
I really hate this about the 'other', I mean Kagura was the one who went after Alicia and got brainwashed by Mikage and all Alicia does is say Amata is the one, she should have cared a little bit more about Kagura too.
You realize, that he was never her child to begin with?? I mean really >.<, He kinda killed the father (Under evil influence) but he really doesn't even care about anyone besides his "wench", Yeah he chased after her, but only because Mykage split them up and gave him the courage part, Izumo didn't show any signs of caring about him either, even tho he kinda was with him for 10 years, I think it was right for the mom to call him "the other you"
Old 2012-06-11, 03:04   Link #102
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I think there is still a chance for Mix's big bang to come back

Random thoughts: Shu Shu will save the day
Old 2012-06-11, 03:07   Link #103
denruys

After rewatching episode 3 it shows in Amata's memories that Alicia was taken away by the evol, if thats the case wouldnt that mean Altair would be in possession of the vectors since it was Izumo who took her back.
Old 2012-06-11, 03:10   Link #104
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post

Random thoughts: Shu Shu will save the day
Just wondering whether Mykage is aware of Shushu's existence...

Anyway, there are things that I realize today that is: Mikono still cares for Amata and after what had happen before, Amata cared and loved his parents still. All of his disappointment for his mother and shocked for who he's father is were easily forgotten. Its quite a touching scene me... The power of LOve!!!

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-06-11 at 03:54.
Old 2012-06-11, 03:14   Link #105
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissix View Post
You realize, that he was never her child to begin with?? I mean really >.<, He kinda killed the father (Under evil influence) but he really doesn't even care about anyone besides his "wench", Yeah he chased after her, but only because Mykage split them up and gave him the courage part, Izumo didn't show any signs of caring about him either, even tho he kinda was with him for 10 years, I think it was right for the mom to call him "the other you"
Actually he chased after her because he wanted to be with his "Mother". After that Mykage tampered with his memories and made Kagura into what he was. So it will be something for Mykage to kill him, literally taking the whole "I'm the brought you to this world and I'm the one that will take you out of it!".
Old 2012-06-11, 03:18   Link #106
SABER60069

I can't be the only one who finds how they resolved the "Curse of Eve" just...stupid right?

I mean seriously? after all this time they caused all those problems for themselves yet they acted like idiots and couldn't figure out the cause despite how easily they did in this episode then they decided to go to Vega and cause trouble for them too!?

So Altair's problems were entirely theirs alone and Vega would be peaceful and happy if not for Altair.

Are they even trying to make us care for Altair at all? all this concept of two planets and how they set up things to make saving both planets a point yet I couldn't care less if Altair just burned and gets wiped off the galaxy

It's almost like they created this whole two planets and Curse of Eve thing in hopes of doing something better with it but after a while they got bored of it so they just threw it away by giving it a resolution they came up within 5 seconds while doing drugs.
Old 2012-06-11, 03:59   Link #107
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABER60069 View Post
I can't be the only one who finds how they resolved the "Curse of Eve" just...stupid right?
If only that was the only stupid thing that gets a stupid resolution in this serie.

Though that was one of the rare cases in EVOL where "if it's obviously the simplest yet dumbest way things appear to be it's obviously the way they will go with" wasn't that obvious.
Old 2012-06-11, 04:13   Link #108
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABER60069 View Post

I mean seriously? after all this time they caused all those problems for themselves yet they acted like idiots and couldn't figure out the cause despite how easily they did in this episode then they decided to go to Vega and cause trouble for them too!?

So Altair's problems were entirely theirs alone and Vega would be peaceful and happy if not for Altair.

Are they even trying to make us care for Altair at all? all this concept of two planets and how they set up things to make saving both planets a point yet I couldn't care less if Altair just burned and gets wiped off the galaxy

It's almost like they created this whole two planets and Curse of Eve thing in hopes of doing something better with it but after a while they got bored of it so they just threw it away by giving it a resolution they came up within 5 seconds while doing drugs.
In my opinion Altair is the OVA universe which was saved by the Aquarion piloted by Apollo, Silvia and Reika. But they disappeared from that universe the next 12,000 year as they reincarnated in the TV universe or Vega.

A temporal causality loop happened. The Genesis Punch affected the space time continuum that caused the Great Incident 11 year prior to the TV universe 2nd chapter. The Tree of Life dying led to a split reality similar to Star Trek Prime Universe and Star Trek 2009 Alternate Reality. Vega and Altair's history is identical except for the Genesis of Aquarion generation era and beyond.

Thus the divergent yet similar technologies. The Ignis and Aquaria Vectors that is the successors of the Assault Type Aquarion.

We don't know the circumstances of why the Ianthe shield was developed anymore than why Vega has a ring of debris.

What we do know Izumo's mother created the Ianthe shield. It wouldn't surprise me if Mykage manipulated her.

It sounds like Highlander 2 where Connor Macleod's shield substituted for the ruined Ozone layer. The cure was worse than the disease. It turns out the Ozone layer replenished itself. The shield is causing only problems.
Old 2012-06-11, 04:38   Link #109
Zuul

Am I supposed to feel sympathy for Izumo and Alicia. Because I don't. They got what they deserve, especially Alicia.

The only ones I feel bad for were Amata and Kagura. Why has Amata to forgive her ?
Crap writting.

Not even touching that Ianthe thing.

And Mikono as always playing the DID. Isn't the point of the character being useful. Looks like she plays the burden role instead because it's so romantikku when Amata will save her ass for the 12510th times. Bleh

Looks like at this point the only way she can (crappily at this) get over that useless thing is through self sacrifice to save the world or something like that.

Last edited by Zuul; 2012-06-11 at 04:58.
Old 2012-06-11, 04:54   Link #110
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
Am I supposed to feel sympathy for Izumo and Alicia. Because I don't. They got what they deserve, especially Alicia.
Those two certainly deserved each other, but in their case kids aren't an option. Had Alicia choose abortion it would have spared everyone a LOT of trouble.
Old 2012-06-11, 05:05   Link #111
bastek66

Face it, another episode proved that Evol is just test run for new Macross. Crap writing, ending will either happy end with Amata x Mikono or some more asspull with one of them sacrificing.
Zessica - fucked, Amata doesn't deserve her, no chance for her since he doesn't have any feelings for her and Mykage killed Amata parents in her body.
Kagura - doesn't deserve Mikono, never calls her by real name, he is just puppet of Mikage and plot device, he will die and/or merge with Amata.
Mikono - doesn't deserve Amata, her indecisiveness angers watchers, also plot device.
Amata - I feel sorry for him.

It's time to stop stupid shipping wars. Turn off thinking and enjoy ride on Kawamori's Trollercoaster.
I just hope that Andy and Mix get happy ending.
Old 2012-06-11, 05:11   Link #112
pingva

EVOL is successful in showing how horrible love can be: Alicia leaves her son in the street, because of her love to her man and Izumo can take Amata anytime he wants, but he doesn't do it, because he has Alicia.
Next episode most likely Kagura's death and after that episode Mikono at last would be useful. Amata wouldn't believe that ''Zessica'' killed his mother and that she lost control over her body, Mikono would defend Kagura. If Amata kills Kagura, Mikono would hate him.

Also this episode I just found two more vectors. I thought they had totally six vectors, but this episode they had 8 vectors: Shrade's vector is destroyed and MIX's vector is in Altair so only one vector should be in Vega.
Old 2012-06-11, 05:16   Link #113
tsunade666

boring but with good bgm. That's what this episode is. Feel cliche parting from first time calling dad and knowing the truth. It just doesn't feel right after the past episode's revelation. And the revelation on this episode was already foreseen when Izumo tried to talk with Amata when they met at that chamber so no big. They met they die. Typical death end flag. The good thing probably is Andy making a hole through dimension to Meet MIXy
Old 2012-06-11, 05:18   Link #114
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
The only ones I feel bad for were Amata and Kagura. Why has Amata to forgive her
Yeah, Alicia did left her son alone but it has reason.... a big one... Maybe Amata was just a so damned "good son". He may have been disappointed of his mother for 10 years (?) but after seeing her in that state and able to hear her side of her story, probably its worth forgetting.... Amata has just showed a rare attitude of an abandoned grown up child toward his alleged bad parents... Behind the hate is the longing for a parent's love... he is not the only one who suffered, all three of them... its pointless to just live with the hate for the rest of your life... what would Amata tell his future offsprings? He hated his parents? If he weren't abandoned, Amata wouldn't be the same Amata we are seeing right now... he may have end up worst than Kagura....

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-06-11 at 05:44.
Old 2012-06-11, 05:29   Link #115
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
After watching Aquarion EVOL episode 24, I'm left with two conflicting viewpoints on the anime:
IMO neither is the case. As for whether it's serious or not, that's been a "problem" since the first TV series - it's a matter of acquired taste specially because most people simply can't decide whether it takes itself seriously or not. It's not a parody but it's too silly for actual, epic drama, and in my experience most people don't know how they should approach it. Me, I've always thought that Aquarion (at least the Genesis TV) was basically about doing a serious show with its tongue very firmly in the cheek, if that makes sense.

People keep using the word "deconstruction" in connection with Evol, but I don't get why. If Evol is a deconstruction it's actually a very bad one because so far it hasn't deconstructed anything, except maybe that "if you sacrifice yourself on the altair of love and make your entire world revolve around it your love interest will eventually love you back." But even if this is supposed to be a deconstruction they screwed it up by being so manipulative about making the audience sympathize with Zessica, and to a lesser extent, making sure that Kagura is good source of a dokidoki for female viewers.

As for the show being sincere (not "serious" btw) I don't think so - I think they kind of tried to do the same thing with Evol as what they did with Genesis TV, but failed so far, mostly because the writing is pretty horrible, to the point where I can't believe someone actually got paid for this. It's not even that you can single out certain things like the story or the minor details, it's the whole thing. They said that in the last ep everything will fall into place, but I don't think they actually meant things like "why we ignored the main character and didn't let him do anything for half of the series."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
"You know, maybe we should at least have Alisia find adults to care for her son, and not just literally abandon him at a graveyard of all places."
FWIW Amata was probably placed into some sort of institution, given that he didn't actually grown up alone on the street.

As for Alisia, I agree with GenjiChan above - people are just latching onto one aspect and don't even try to see the big picture. Sure, she abandoned him, she never denied that. But come on, it's not like she went to Altair for fun and to cavort with Izumo to her heart's content. She was told "ALISIA, YOU ARE OUR ONLY HOPE" and was given the responsibility to save the population of an entire planet. What was she supposed to do, say "nah, no thanks"? Or should she have risked to take her child with her to a different world where who knows what awaits them? She said she never expected it to end like this. She didn't go knowing that she'd never return, in fact she planned to return for Amata. She just never had the chance. (Of course the wise thing to do would've been not to have a child with the commander of the alien forces, no matter how hot he was, but apparently contraception doesn't exist in this world, just like how they have shiny tablets but no cell phones.)

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-06-11 at 05:48.
Old 2012-06-11, 05:41   Link #116
miketyson

Triple R: I've been saying for a few weeks now it's probably something like what you're calling the deconstruction, with the note that they've seemingly been afraid to go too far on that -- probably to keep it from being unwatchable -- but thereby diluting it, much to its detriment.

I've stopped really wanting to talk about that angle because it seems like it kicks off waves of arguing over which characters are the worst-behaved. I'm only stepping in on it again to say I think the deconstruction is still my take on it, not the sincere thing done poorly.

To be clear, I'm not calling it a deconstruction per se, just something like that idea. I think it's more the main trio are supposed to have been acting in ways that're not that great, and the good guys will come to realize this by the end. EG: it's not one long struggle that's finally successful, it's more a lot of flailing around and doing it wrong before figuring out what doing it right would be.

kuromitsu: still, Alisia could've at least left him a note. Nothing too detailed if she has to keep Altair's existence a secret, just something. Also, I can half-see some endings that'd have them claiming everything will fall in place, but there're so many loose threads in this show I bet there'll be some they forget about. Donar, I'm looking in your general direction.

Last edited by miketyson; 2012-06-11 at 05:46. Reason: added more
Old 2012-06-11, 06:06   Link #117
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Triple R: I've been saying for a few weeks now it's probably something like what you're calling the deconstruction, with the note that they've seemingly been afraid to go too far on that -- probably to keep it from being unwatchable -- but thereby diluting it, much to its detriment.

I've stopped really wanting to talk about that angle because it seems like it kicks off waves of arguing over which characters are the worst-behaved. I'm only stepping in on it again to say I think the deconstruction is still my take on it, not the sincere thing done poorly.

To be clear, I'm not calling it a deconstruction per se, just something like that idea. I think it's more the main trio are supposed to have been acting in ways that're not that great, and the good guys will come to realize this by the end. EG: it's not one long struggle that's finally successful, it's more a lot of flailing around and doing it wrong before figuring out what doing it right would be.

kuromitsu: still, Alisia could've at least left him a note. Nothing too detailed if she has to keep Altair's existence a secret, just something. Also, I can half-see some endings that'd have them claiming everything will fall in place, but there're so many loose threads in this show I bet there'll be some they forget about. Donar, I'm looking in your general direction.

If they were to make an OVA I would like them to reconstruct it all. I'd rather have a more predictable show which I don't feel butthurt about.

And please no Zessica suffering, and less everything revolving around Mikono.
Old 2012-06-11, 06:15   Link #118
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
Who else noticed the original Aquarion doing the Gundam Wing Twinbuster attack? I loled.

This episode really picked it up. If only they hadn't wasted episodes 17-22ish on nothing of consequences
Old 2012-06-11, 06:23   Link #119
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
Also this episode I just found two more vectors. I thought they had totally six vectors, but this episode they had 8 vectors: Shrade's vector is destroyed and MIX's vector is in Altair so only one vector should be in Vega.
Mass produced Aquarions. Vega has had that technology for 12,000 years. It also shows how prepared Fudo is.

In the OVA in the absence of the original Aquarion, for some reason Fudo did not dig it up, Fudo employed Mass Produced Assault Aquarions to fight the Shadow Angels. (In the TV universe it was buried in a pyramid, in the OVA it was under a lake with ruins, the same place as the Banana episode. )

In the TV series it was Fudo that gave the New UN the technology manufacture Assault Type Aquarions.

If that isn't a Red Herring I don't know what is. Apollonius created the Aquarion using both Shangrila and Atlandia technologies. Shangrila was a civilization that was primitive and of high technology. A seen in flashbacks in the OVA it had ground vehicles an hover craft.
Old 2012-06-11, 06:31   Link #120
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

AHAHAH, I must admit AQ Evol, you got me good, I've been taking you with a grain of salt for 23 episodes, then you draw me in convincing me you had changed and things were gonna be different. I trusted you and you broke my heart.
Closed Thread