AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament Volume 18 Rating
Perfect 10 21 58.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 22.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 8.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 8.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.78%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-05-18, 10:15   Link #161
KiharaRonin

Kamisato is still important as Fran is still important. He'll probably come looking for her eventually. World Rejector can also defeat Aleister with ease so why not have him appear later.
KiharaRonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-18, 10:20   Link #162
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
I understand, but that was just for Imagine Breaker. What the novel is implying is that the person 'Kamijou Touma' affected the core identity of what Academy City is.

In particular this part:

Spoiler for nt18:

Its all about what's causing what. At the end of OT its revealed that Academy City was built in such a way to house and manipulate IB. But Kamijou Touma the person dictated how the City was structured in the first place.
Well, Aleister is not one to half-ass things so it's not unsurprising for him to go all out for the central component of his plan
Old 2017-05-18, 12:12   Link #163
whitecloud

I really can't imagine touma in any other setting than this....can you imagine touma in a city full of shokugeki? Where there is battle between magic+cooking and science+cooking....haha...where misaka is number 3 best cook with special ability that can make her cooking electrifying...
Or how about magicians that can summon angel by cooking....okay it's getting silly...
BTW touma is a level 0 cook that can only make standard dish

how about shogi world then...any good idea?
Old 2017-05-18, 12:25   Link #164
Wandering Soul

I felt nothing but hype reading the latest update.

That blasting rod is really OP. Aleister's encounter with Fiamma was a hint as to how powerful it is, but now we know just how insanely powerful it is.

Aleister knowing about Touma when he was born and setting up events for his growth really reminds of not just Ichigo and Aizen, but also Flash and the Reverse Flash.
Old 2017-05-18, 14:29   Link #165
mark1246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I felt nothing but hype reading the latest update.

That blasting rod is really OP. Aleister's encounter with Fiamma was a hint as to how powerful it is, but now we know just how insanely powerful it is.

Aleister knowing about Touma when he was born and setting up events for his growth really reminds of not just Ichigo and Aizen, but also Flash and the Reverse Flash.
glad to know we have another flash fan wandering soul (you watching the CW flash as well? PM if you are)

but yeah to the touma part, but it feel were gonna have misaka & misaki finally involved....in the next volume judging from the pace and that were almost done. still 40+ vol to have those girls to know magic, ABOUT TIME despite misaka already knowing it but her smart brain cant process it
Old 2017-05-18, 14:45   Link #166
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Holy shit Aizen- I mean Aleister is fucking extreme.

Blasting Rod is OP please nerf. And mixing it with Aiwass is just overkill
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-18, 17:47   Link #167
Keila

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
I really can't imagine touma in any other setting than this....can you imagine touma in a city full of shokugeki? Where there is battle between magic+cooking and science+cooking....haha...where misaka is number 3 best cook with special ability that can make her cooking electrifying...
Or how about magicians that can summon angel by cooking....okay it's getting silly...
BTW touma is a level 0 cook that can only make standard dish

how about shogi world then...any good idea?
Is it really that hard to imagine alternatives? I mean, there's a 'reality' where the level 5's are idols.
Keila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-18, 22:01   Link #168
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Well js06.exe already finished the volume.

Aleister Crowley: One failure equals one billion steps forward.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-18, 22:19   Link #169
Last_Aeon
I'm a boy, enough?

That last epilogue was 11/10 badass af
Last_Aeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-18, 22:29   Link #170
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

It was a terrific end with everyone in the volume playing a part in the resolution. I read the spoilers so I knew what was coming in the epilogue but Aleister's immediate reversal of the situation was spectacular.

Next volume, Accelerator and Hamazura get into the mix!

10/10 volume for sure.
Old 2017-05-18, 22:55   Link #171
WiliamZ0

Unbelievable, unexpected ... WOW 100/10 for this Volume XD

We finally figured out Who Laura is... Aleister's daughter.... well her body was...
Damn, even he Devil who thought he had won, get unexpected answer...
A Great moment in life XD
A powerful demon actually outwit by 'human'
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-18, 23:01   Link #172
Wandering Soul

Fantastic ending. That final reveal about Laura and the way Aleister reversed the situation after she thought she won was exciting to read.

Can't wait for Accelerator and Shiage to get involved. We need the three heroes back together.
Old 2017-05-18, 23:43   Link #173
The One Above God
Kamijou

Spoiler for Chapter 4 and the rest:

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-19, 00:13   Link #174
WiliamZ0

We still not show mystery #6 hopefully he showed up
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-19, 00:47   Link #175
Chosen_Hero

So, Mina Mathers became the Siri of AC, Aleister Crowley outdid Voldenort in the Horcrux department, Laura is somehow now named Lola (maybe it was a translation error?), Crowleys daughter and a demon and now controls AC. Also, the clone wars have begun and Crowley is now a girl (and a billion other people)... seems legit.

Good volume but not going to lie that I almost fell asleep during some of those trips to the past. The Mikoto and Misaki parts were great, the others while fun at times felt like they barely mattered until right at the end and mostly felt like they were there mostly for the ecchi humor. The fight against Aleister Crowley was great and the twists at the end were also great.

So next volume probably means that the Kamijou Faction is going to assemble once again and travel to London, are we going to finally find out what happened with the Amakusa bros? Will Tatemiya have a cool scar or be buried 6 feeet underground? Will Carissa, her sisters, Elizard, Knight Commander or Superman/Aqua make make appeareances? Will Hamazura and his best buddy Aqua join forces again? Will Lezzar still try to seduce Touma (against his will)? A possible team up of GROUP, Misaka Mikoto, Itsuwa and Kanzaki? So many possibilities.
Old 2017-05-19, 00:51   Link #176
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Laura's name was always supposed to be Lola. It's gonna be corrected in the other volumes. Laura and Lola are spelled the same way, so it just needed to be confirmed in NT18 that she was actually his daughter.
Old 2017-05-19, 01:25   Link #177
salamander750

There are something I want to say about this volume. First, this is maybe the best volume since NT 9, however there are some flaw:
First: Aleister's Plan was a big disappointment. I mean, it's OK considering his values and personality, but after all those volumes with Aleister commenting on his plan progress it's really lackluster. I bet that many plot holes could be found if we analyse earlier Aleister comments abut keikaku (Simply put - I expected more from Kamachi, something better than his formless "just keep proceeding in one direction")
Second: Touma vs Aleister fight was pretty OK and epic at beginning, but second part was pretty underwhelming. Aleister KO'd with one IB punch?

Beside those flaws, I think this is a very good volume.
salamander750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-19, 01:34   Link #178
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

I actually laughed a bit at Touma admitting he bullshitted that speech. That wasn't the last time we'll see them fight though, so it was fine.
Old 2017-05-19, 01:37   Link #179
salamander750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam View Post
I actually laughed a bit at Touma admitting he bullshitted that speech. That wasn't the last time we'll see them fight though, so it was fine.
but the plan, the f*cking plan, I would have saying nothing If the plan is over the top but It was'nt.
salamander750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-19, 01:42   Link #180
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

But is the plan really over? What about the constant reminders that it just continues if he fails? If he succeeds, good for him. If he fails, he continues it. His plan has already "failed" all the way back when Hamazura was going around screwing it up.