AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-18, 14:03   Link #1
EnslavedToBitterness

Gory and Sadistic Anime

Could someone please list some of the most gory anime with just pure attention of slaughtering with demon, devil, or any related clairvoyance stuff?

The other anime seem a bit too dull for me, due to all the drama and such, so I'm currently looking for a nice violent anime of somewhat similiar to MD Geist or anything along the way, thank you. =D

Last edited by EnslavedToBitterness; 2006-08-18 at 21:29.
Old 2006-08-18, 15:19   Link #2
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnslavedToBitterness
Could someone please list some of the most gory anime with just pure attention of slaughtering with demon, devil, any related clairvoyance stuff?

The other anime seem a bit too dull for me, due to all the drama and such, so I'm currently looking for a nice violent anime of somewhat similiar to MD Geist or anything along the way, thank you. =D
You want gory or sadistic?

Kite and Berserk are the 2 that comes into mind. But Kite doesn't deal with demons just real humans. Which is evil enough.

Most gory series are tame.

If you sadistic type:
Perfect Blue
Now and Then, Here and There
Infinte Ryvius
Old 2006-08-18, 15:30   Link #3
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Well, if you consider laughing at bloody scenes and flying guts a sadistic act, then you should watch Dokuro-chan. Bloody, violent, insane comedies are fun.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-08-18, 15:39   Link #4
howzitboy

just watch elfen lied. its the the the goriest anime ever made and its sad too. kewl huh? did u want sad or sadist?
Old 2006-08-18, 16:47   Link #5
jedinat

The new Hellsing Ultimate is very gory, and the characters take much pleasure in killing vampires/gouls. (it's more violent than the other hellsing I think)

In Devilman Lady she turns into a demon looking monster... and if I remember correctly she deals with resisting her evil monster side (pleasure in killing, etc). It's pretty gory too.

Oh, and the new Witchblade anime has a whole sadism aspect to it, but not too much in the way of gore.
Old 2006-08-18, 16:57   Link #6
Budweineken
Crap

Fist of the North Star is pretty violent

Legend of the Galactic Heroes has plenty of gore, but it happens every 15 or so episodes, so it's not abundant.
Old 2006-08-18, 17:57   Link #7
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
Oh my my my, what an interesting thread this is!

I'd say Higurashi is pretty sadistic too, in a way. Am I wrong?

Then I second Xellos about Now and then, Here and then, the problem being this is a crappy pointless series.

Perfect Blue is a great piece of sadism too, but it's a movie so I don't know if that's what ETB is looking for...

edit: yeah, I third on Dokuro-chan

Last edited by raphaël; 2006-08-18 at 20:23.
Old 2006-08-18, 18:55   Link #8
Zython
Card-carrying Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Well, if you consider laughing at bloody scenes and flying guts a sadistic act, then you should watch Dokuro-chan. Bloody, violent, insane comedies are fun.
I 2nd this nomination. Funny, funny stuff. BTW, the full name of the series is "Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan" in case you were wondering.
Old 2006-08-18, 21:31   Link #9
EnslavedToBitterness

I've already seen all the anime mentioned here, except for "Higurashi " and "Witchblade."

The anime Higurashi is just so much fun to watch and I'll be downloading witchblade next.

Thank you for refering 'em.

Anymore? o.o
Old 2006-08-18, 22:36   Link #10
Budweineken
Crap

It has lots of action, but I don't remember it having much gore, nevertheless it's one of my favorite animes: Project ARMS

Of course, GANTZ has plenty of gore, but I bet you've seen that already.

Speed Grapher is another one you should check out too if you haven't yet.

Some others:

Guyver
Innocent Venus
seems like it'll have plenty of violence
TOKKO
Maou Dante
Narutaru
Hellsing OVA
Texhnolyze
Basilisk
Ninja Scroll
Old 2006-08-19, 06:57   Link #11
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

If Innocent Venus is considered gory and violent, then Utawarerumono should be mentioned. Utawarerumono's violence increases with every new episode lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-08-19, 09:11   Link #12
Budweineken
Crap

I just remembered Key the Metal Idol, it has plenty of violence and gore if I remember correctly.
Old 2006-08-19, 09:51   Link #13
wao
OK.

It's not entirely about slaughtering demons but you can try the recently released Kemonozume. It's centered around people from this organization to kill demons that can shape-shift into humans (or, you can look at it as humans that shape-shift as demons...). And the human-demons themselves. The art style is very much unlike most anime so I don't know if you will find it jarring. But it's quite funky and cool, the music's great and there's enough gross-ish stuff (ep 2 had this monster eating a human and there were guts trailing out and one guy was going "...ramen" - something to that extent).
Old 2006-08-19, 10:22   Link #14
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaël
Then I second Xellos about Now and then, Here and then, the problem being this is a crappy pointless series.
I COULD NOT MORE VEHEMENTLY DISAGREE.

This isn't a crappy pointless series; its Akitaroh Daichi's MASTERPIECE. Its not my Number 1 Anime for nothing.

Second, it isn't sadist. No, its realist. It portrays heart wrenchingly real themes in a beautiful way, and will not disappoint at the end. So if you are in this for Blood and Gore and Arms coming off and Sex; Now and Then, Here and There is NOT for you.

TOKKO would suit you better.
Old 2006-08-19, 13:19   Link #15
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
I COULD NOT MORE VEHEMENTLY DISAGREE.

This isn't a crappy pointless series; its Akitaroh Daichi's MASTERPIECE. Its not my Number 1 Anime for nothing.
Sorry to make you upset, but it's all a matter of taste. I bought the DVD box because there was a big sale on it, and I understood why after watching the series. Though I guess it's not the place to discuss that

Quote:
Second, it isn't sadist. No, its realist.
I really couldn't call it realistic... It's just a amount of clichés about hatred and frustration. Not mentioning free violence. The bad guy ( I don't remember his name) is particularly lame.

Quote:
It portrays heart wrenchingly real themes in a beautiful way, and will not disappoint at the end.
Well, unlike you, I was quite into it in the beginning, and was precisely disappointed by the end...

Anyways, I repeat, it's all a matter of taste. Apart from that, I think we're are much alike. ^^ So don't get mad.
Let's be still friends, OK?

To get back to the topic : I remember Excel Saga has its gore moments too, hasn't it?
Old 2006-08-22, 08:10   Link #16
tkdtiger

Now and Then, Here and There is an anime that I like and hate at the same time. It could of had some more happy moments, but it really doesn't have those happy moments, which could have atleast diminish the angst I was getting from this anime. This anime was made to show the horrors of war and humanity, but really there were aspects in the anime that when you stop and think about it really does not make any sense. For example:
Spoiler:
Overall it's one of those anime's that is not for everyone.
Old 2006-08-28, 02:24   Link #17
Lost

Sorry for posting late. raphaël, I think that any hatred and frustration in this show is necessary, because this is a show about war, and I don’t see how the characters can't be that way being in the circumstances they are in. The brutality constantly around them, being conscripted forcefully, being hit around by superiors, always having to be on your toes, and having to follow orders to kill, even kill children your age (like how Nabuca had to execute the children from his village who tried to escaped). In those circumstances, where the threat of death is really the last of their concerns, people become like that; I think it’s hardly clichéd.

Not only that, but when the "bad" guy in Sister's village (forgot his name) was describing how his own sister was kidnapped and left for dead, almost made me cry because I felt the sadness and overwhelming bitterness in his voice, and I understood why he hates Hellywood so much, and then, you really understand the cycle of hatred in war. At the least, the Anime brought around that point.

The main villain, King Hamdo was, like Hitler, a megalomaniac if I'm not wrong. I think that fit him perfectly, the way he shifted between giving serious commands and his other side, the cowardly, wheedling, over-reliant side. It showed that he got to his position by his merits as a commander, to inspire such blind loyalty; but the years of indulgence and dependence and comforts took their toll on him; the mere possibility that he could lose it all along with his life drove him paranoid, crazy.

In any case,

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaël
Anyways, I repeat, it's all a matter of taste.
I can’t argue with that. But if you want to continue the discussion, PM me, I would love to understand why you felt like that about it. Yes, I still like you and I still wanna be friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger
Spoiler:
Overall it's one of those anime's that is not for everyone.
IVF was developed with curing infertility in mind, and in the war zone that was Hellywood, do you think Hamdo worried about the standard of health and reproduction of his populace? Life was much cheaper than that. This is war, and most of the budget would have been put into Mechas, training, weapons; not maintaining expensive experiments on IVF. Whatever goes here goes. Further, IVF requires highly skilled personnel with sufficient knowledge-base and experience, it requires the proper facilities, but most of all it requires Water. What does rape require?
Old 2006-08-29, 00:09   Link #18
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

eh, i dont think he's looking for dokuro chan lol, but its great.
Old 2006-08-29, 03:24   Link #19
the_ultimate_samurai
kyuukyouku samurai.

am i the only who is screaming "KOROSHIYA ICHI" at the mere title of this topic. it IS almost ENTIRELY about sadism (and masochism) and bloody violent and gory. while it has no demon its fecking sweet. right up your ally. (i agree also with most everything posted here thus far. especialy narutaru. dont be fooled by narutarus apearance, sadism is in high order there. its fecking violent)
Old 2006-08-29, 06:59   Link #20

I would recommend Ichi The Killer as well, but not the anime, nor the manga for that matter. To each his own of course, but I never really liked either of those. The movie of Miike on the other hand is pretty damn sweet. I do agree with Narutaru though, very nice series. After watching the first episode you'd think it's just another Pokemon ripoff but it soon changes into something really violent and really...really dark. great stuff!
Other than that I'd suggest Ergo Proxy, Texhnolyze, Blame!, Monster (a lot more subtle though) but they have probably been mentioned before.