Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-11-09, 15:04   Link #121
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
http://gosick.tv/index.html

Site updated. Expanded staff listing too. Kotaro Nakagawa is composing for the series, and Tomoki Kyoda is credited as Visual Coordinator.
Yeah, not excited about Kotaro Nakagawa. He tends to bring very mediocre music with him, imo.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 16:27   Link #122
Grim_Reaper

Quote:
Yeah, not excited about Kotaro Nakagawa. He tends to bring very mediocre music with him, imo.
I agree.
And I'm not excited about the director too :\
But of course I hope that this series won't disappoint me.
Grim_Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 17:00   Link #123
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

I'm fine with Nakagawa. He's one of those whose music fits the show very well, but won't do for a very nice standalone listening.

That said, his Cross Game was just fantastic, setting the mood perfectly for the series. So, I'm going to trust him, haha.
Old 2010-11-09, 18:30   Link #124
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I hadn't realized, but the light novels for this are licensed - available in English at Kinkuniya.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 18:40   Link #125
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
That said, his Cross Game was just fantastic, setting the mood perfectly for the series. So, I'm going to trust him, haha.

Yep,I've heard planetes and code geass which are fine but if this ost aproches the level of cross game's OST then I'll be really happy.
Old 2010-11-09, 18:58   Link #126
billborden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I hadn't realized, but the light novels for this are licensed - available in English at Kinkuniya.
Technically, available pretty much anywhere as both BN.com and Amazon, not to mention Right Stuff, carry both English volumes. The real question is how many years before TokyoPop releases number 3 and beyond?
Old 2010-11-09, 21:26   Link #127
KanaMinami

Will this series really from Bones? It's unusual to pick a type of this series that's why I have different feelings on this one... "kinda curious you know.." anyway the artwork from the novel are really nice

is the fairy this coming season
// Sig by ganbaru
KanaMinami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 04:17   Link #128
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

I have a funny feeling Rie Tanaka will be Victorique... though that would be sick, considering how Victorique looks like Shinku...

but seriously speaking, I wouldn't be surprised if Chiwa Saito reprises her role.
Old 2010-11-10, 07:08   Link #129
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Victorique's seiyu will be probably Aoi Yuki because she voice a lot of mysterious loli characters !
For Avril's seiyuu, it will be Saori Hayami.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 07:13   Link #130
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

^ Well, the problem is novel depiction of Victorique's voice, which is supposed to be cute, yet an old lady like with rough tone...
Old 2010-11-11, 00:54   Link #131
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Damn, Miyuki Sawashiro ended up as Cordelia instead. I was so sure she'd be Victorique XD. But man, not only is Kazuya's VA not Miyu Irino, but he's being played by Takuya Eguchi, whose resume includes... Ohsugi from Eden of the East, someone from Bantorra, a clerk in K-ON! and Boy A in MM!...
... right, I'll reserve judgement and have some faith that there was a reason he was casted in that role. I hope he surprises me since what little I've heard of him does not stick in my mind at all.
Yeah a bit worried about Kazuya's VA. Not exactly a mindblowing resume he is bringing into this. Let's hope he's up to this.

Of course they have to hold back on Victorique's VA so we can only speculate. Considering the suspense sure hope they are going to put someone solid into the role.
Old 2010-11-11, 12:55   Link #132
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
^ Well, the problem is novel depiction of Victorique's voice, which is supposed to be cute, yet an old lady like with rough tone...
Sounds like something Yuuki Aoi could pull off.
Old 2010-11-18, 10:32   Link #133
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

People who say Kotaro Nakagawa isn't all that need to listen to the Code Geass/Cross Game/Planetes and Karen Children OST. While he's no Yoko Kanno, I'm more than sure he will be able to create the perfect music to make the atmosphere of the anime just right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billborden View Post
Technically, available pretty much anywhere as both BN.com and Amazon, not to mention Right Stuff, carry both English volumes. The real question is how many years before TokyoPop releases number 3 and beyond?
Well, my copy of volume one said that volume 2 was to be released in Oct. 2008.

It got released in 2010 :P and going by the amount of errors in that, I suspect they just don't care anymore about the series.

I kind want them to just drop it so someone else could translate.
Old 2010-11-24, 16:28   Link #134
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I'm usually interested in projects that BONES takes up the task to animate, but the summary for this sounds pretty unappealing once it hits the part about the mysterious gothic-lolita bishoujo genius girl who presumably taps the main character to run around solving mysteries or just watch her solve them. I can literally recall myself going "Ok, Ok, interesting, yes, yes.....Ohhhhhhhh, one of those types of characters ".

It sucks cause otherwise the premise and setting sounds kind of interesting, but when you're almost 100% certain you are going to loathe one of the main characters it kind of casts a pall over any potential you see in a project. I might just give this a fair chance though to see if she's going to be a huge turnoff/screen-hog/moe-bait or if there's actually something interesting going on with the plot and characters here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
^ Kujo is meant to be the Watson to Victorique's Holmes. Even though he’s supposed to be a hard worker and bright, he needs to act dumber than the rest of the cast so that the reader can have some to identify with. He also a habit of letting girls his age walk over him, but unlike Zwei, he isn't a zombie He isn't really anyone "bitch" as much as being teased and treated like a nuisance.

@Same_shark
While I understand where your coming from, I just can't imagin anyone that will make him sound as submissive as Irino
Then again maybe not.....oh well....there's always more fish in the sea.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2010-11-24 at 16:39.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 22:39   Link #135
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
My mind unconsciously auto-corrected the mistakes as I read, so I could not recall what exactly were the mistakes , but I certainly do know I came across a few... such a shame =/. Don't even get me started on the overall presentation. Those cover designs were so half-assed and they skimped on the colour ink. I simply cannot imagine why was it necessary to even make a new cover when the originals were so gorgeously illustrated.
Geh, Tokyopop... =_= this thread got me intrigued, I love a good mystery and I've been looking for more LNs, but it is worth it to buy the translated volumes?
Old 2010-11-30, 06:07   Link #136
Woland
Latin Rascal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMFLC-SKtFs

Last edited by Woland; 2010-11-30 at 06:17.
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 08:49   Link #137
Horse

Looks pretty damn Zzzzzzzzz to me, except for Grevil's fabulous hair - why isn't Takehito Koyasu voicing him in the animu? WHY?

Other than that, lisa komine @ ending.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 09:53   Link #138
Kakkou
Tch.

Preview looks good overall. The backgrounds looks luscious, Grevil's killer hair is as dangerous as ever and the overall quality is nice. I can't wait to see how they handle the mystery/suspense parts. Kazuya's voice will need some getting used to but it's not as bad as I initially expected. Bones, please don't let me down!

OP will be Destin Histoire by risa and ED is Resuscitated Hope by Komine Lisa.

... Let the rabbits run!
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 11:02   Link #139
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

preview looks okay, liked how she was smoking a pipe
Old 2010-11-30, 14:36   Link #140
Matt122005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I'm usually interested in projects that BONES takes up the task to animate, but the summary for this sounds pretty unappealing once it hits the part about the mysterious gothic-lolita bishoujo genius girl who presumably taps the main character to run around solving mysteries or just watch her solve them. I can literally recall myself going "Ok, Ok, interesting, yes, yes.....Ohhhhhhhh, one of those types of characters ".
While Victorique definitely comes across in description sounding like any other girl, in my opinion, she is very much unique. Maybe I'm biased because I love the novels, but I still think she stands out among the crowd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Geh, Tokyopop... =_= this thread got me intrigued, I love a good mystery and I've been looking for more LNs, but it is worth it to buy the translated volumes?
Yes. Yes it is. Absolutely. Here's a great review if you're still waning: http://figment.com/thefigmentreview/archives/364

I own both and am very happy. I just wish they'd bring out the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland View Post
Wow.... that looked almost as good as I hoped. :P

Problems first though: When Kujo is going up the stairs, there are no books lining it. Didn't the books explicitly state that books lined every part of the stairs? Second, at the top of the stairs are even more books nearby where Victorique sits so that she can continue to read. Yet, where we see Victorique sitting with a mirror, there are no books at all. (Note, perhaps they aren't in the usual spot and this is a scene from an untranslated novel. Possibly)

My other problem is with the lighting. I think they made the lower part of the library too dark.

The music is....okay. It hasn't won me over yet.

I like how Kujo looks in some scenes, but in others I think he could have been better.

This is being aired on TV Tokyo? >.< Does that mean they might censor things? I'm not entirely sure how that channel's policy deals with murderous violence.

Everything else is pretty awesome. (Of course, we never got to hear Victorique speak...... I hope she sounds alright.)

I was so happy when I saw "Queen Berry" flash on the trailer. I really love that first novel's storyline and I'm glad it'll be animated.

This is definitely my #1 awaited anime. I hope TokyoPop releases book 3 next year because of it.
Matt122005 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, horror, light novel adaptation, school life, shounen