Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-08-03, 11:40   Link #941
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
Well, nudity or excessive ecchi isn't actually the problem. In Velvet Kiss at least, there is a lot of sexual activity going on. Like, almost every chapter. Anime adaptation, very unlikely. Borderline H, like I said.
lol so it's basically like Nozoki Ana and Kono S o, Mi yo! only those two aren't nearly as extreme as they focus more on romance.

Quote:
Speaking of two people peeping on each other, it might be interesting to see Sukima Suki get an OVA (Sukima Suki is a short, but amusing manga done by the creator of Usagi Drop).
Interesting, I'II check that out. Actually I think OVA format would be the best for aforementioned manga.

I'II add one more manga while I'm here:

Ratman - Another fairly standard shounen series, but it's more along the lines of "Tiger and Bunny" as deals with commercialized superheroes. It's a pretty charming manga with fun characters (especially the Jackies). It looks like it could transfer pretty well in anime.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2012-08-03 at 12:01.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 16:41   Link #942
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

To echo gisilver:

Eden: It's an Endless World!

This is one of those manga that have puzzled me in how it hasn't been animated already (yes, it only finished relatively recently, but it's long enough that first season(s) could have been done ages ago).

Violence? Check.
Sex? Check.
Psychology? Check.
Philosophy? Check.
Pseudoscience? Check.
World government/corporate conspiracies? Check.
Relgious anglings as only the uniquely 'religious' Japanese can put into media form? Check.
Globe-trotting? Check.
More moral ambiguity than you can shake a stick at? Check.
Enough source material to pump out shonen length 100+ episodes without falling into the trap of filler and spending 10 episodes talking to each other while powering up for a fight? Check.
Drug abuse? Check. Oh wait, maybe it's the drugs that prevent it from being animated? I know drug abuse seems to be a taboo subject in anime.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote