AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

Old 2013-07-12, 17:37   Link #381
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Didn't they already explain it in this episode? If they fail to point out the villain, everyone dies and the villain can leave.
Yes, but what if there are several murderers (two or more people can team-up to kill the same person)? Wouldn't all of the culprits be allowed to get out then?

Or what if two murders are committed at roughly the same time? How would the trial(s) work?

You don't need to answer me if it's stuff that will be explained later on.
Old 2013-07-12, 17:44   Link #382
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperz View Post
easy clue: crystal ball
culprit found
lack of investigation slow-detailed pace caused this kind of post :lol:

easy clue: maizono died in naegi room
Culprit found!
Old 2013-07-12, 17:48   Link #383
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I disagree. If you did that, you would end up with at least 10 episodes of nothing happening at all. The first death wouldn't even happen until the end of episode 3.
at least we will have MC death instead of random Character A death
fast death = we didn't have any info about her = same as random character death = who care if she die?
I care about her death a lot more in game than in anime
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 17:50   Link #384
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yes, but what if there are several murderers (two or more people can team-up to kill the same person)? Wouldn't all of the culprits be allowed to get out then?

Or what if two murders are committed at roughly the same time? How would the trial(s) work?

You don't need to answer me if it's stuff that will be explained later on.
pure-logic
you wont gain advantage by team-up.
only the 'killer' will graduate
at the same time, the 'killer' cant graduate, because his/her partner know the 'killer' and obviously will gain advantage (or instant win) in class trial

2 murder at same time... Dont know
Old 2013-07-12, 18:30   Link #385
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Correct, only 1 student can "graduate" per Monokuma's conditions. Few things will be clearer in episode 3. Should they skip that point, I will simply append it like I did for the missing clues in ep2.
It's not just missing clues that's the problem. They skipped events and dialogue that are forced upon Naegi in the game. Stuff that is, obviously, vital to the plot. Not only does it not make sense to avoid showing that, but it's extremely detrimental. Some of this can be revealed in the trial, but it would have made more sense to simply do it here. Especially the reason why there was suddenly a sword in his room would have taken a few seconds of screen time, tops, and made a huge impact.

The most disappointing thing is that as it stands it's not possible for any anime-only viewer to prove the circumstances behind this murder. They've omitted key pieces of evidence. You might come to the proper conclusion, but the evidence to support it doesn't exist.

One thing I did notice is that they gave some of Naegi's extra dialogue to other characters. Sakura's comments to Junko about her appearance were actually made by Naegi. It's not actually a bad idea, considering this isn't the medium for one character to be saying everything. For adaptation purposes, this is a change that is actually acceptable.

Last edited by Traece; 2013-07-12 at 19:11. Reason: Commence eating own words.
Traece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 18:46   Link #386
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Correct, only 1 student can "graduate" per Monokuma's conditions. Few things will be clearer in episode 3. Should they skip that point, I will simply append it like I did for the missing clues in ep2.
so you can't have multiple murder/murderers?
Old 2013-07-12, 18:54   Link #387
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Aehm guys regarding those rules:
All the questions you have asked here will be pretty much answered in the show.

So if you wait a week or two those questions will answer themselves.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 18:57   Link #388
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
more pointless speculation

since my first choice for the main culprit is already dead. Here is my 2nd prediction....Negi.

Spoiler:

what i really want to know is why sayaka wrote down numbers with her blood instead of the name of the culprit. She was stab in the stomach not heart. A stomach wound is not a quick death. She should have plenty of time to write out someones name.
Spoiler for errr:

and it look like many people who play the game and act as if they didn't.. after all anime cut many important clue + kirigiri clue
Old 2013-07-12, 19:11   Link #389
Kiltias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post

what i really want to know is why sayaka wrote down numbers with her blood instead of the name of the culprit. She was stab in the stomach not heart. A stomach wound is not a quick death. She should have plenty of time to write out someones name.
Writing the Killers name is futile, if the Culprit would head into the Bathroom and notice they'd erase it right away.
Miazono was most likely hiding in there thinking she is safe seeing the door needs a trick to open and keeping her alive would result in being found out thus the Culprit has to enter it to go sure she is dead.

Writing the name = No Go.Culprit would have noticed.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 19:18   Link #390
Eratas123

One thing that boggles me: They say 'We found you when you fainted in your room', and then they mention that Sayaka died so they must have found her in the bathroom before gathering in the gym. So why in the hell do they not act suspicious till AFTER Monobear's comp said she was found in Naegi's room? They were THERE when they found Naegi, so it makes little sense for them to be suspicious later on rather than when he woke up.
Old 2013-07-12, 19:22   Link #391
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
One thing that boggles me: They say 'We found you when you fainted in your room', and then they mention that Sayaka died so they must have found her in the bathroom before gathering in the gym. So why in the hell do they not act suspicious till AFTER Monobear's comp said she was found in Naegi's room? They were THERE when they found Naegi, so it makes little sense for them to be suspicious later on rather than when he woke up.
anime mistake?
to lazy to check the game ( though I might do it tomorrow)
Old 2013-07-12, 19:32   Link #392
Kiltias

Quote:
Doorplates.
Remember what Kirigiri said? Naegis Room Doorplate said Miazono.
Miazono was believed to have been found dead in her room, but the Comp told them it was actually Naegis.
It's confirmation that someone switched out the doorplates and that Naegi is supposed to take the blame for the Murder.

And we do know the rooms are near identical in appearance.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 19:35   Link #393
Eratas123

Its something to consider, especially since no one was there with her at the time. We can't even narrow it down to the latecomers since her estimated time of death was 1:30 am, meaning anyone could have done it. Although I don't think he did for the simple reason that he wants to watch them squirm longer. If he's revealed to be tampering with the crime scenes, wouldn't everyone just stop playing along with him because they know he's directly screwing with them?

On a side note, your avatar is really scaring me :/

Kiltias - But they said 'We found you in your room'. Wouldn't they say 'We found you in Maizono's room' if the plates were switched? That and I could've sworn the door was wrecked and there was no plate in sight.
Old 2013-07-12, 19:36   Link #394
Traece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
anime mistake?
to lazy to check the game ( though I might do it tomorrow)
The issue is both in the dialogue and the scene. In reality he passes out in his room (nameplated as Maizono's room) and then wakes up in the gym. So yes, it's an error.

Because the nameplates were switched, they would assume he fainted in Maizono's room and take him to Naegi's room. In reality he had done the exact opposite. With the nameplates switched they had no reason to consult their maps.
Old 2013-07-12, 19:40   Link #395
Eratas123

So its an anime plot-hole? Just great...
Old 2013-07-12, 20:42   Link #396
Calca
Expressionless

This really needs it's own forum so we can discuss each case that comes up.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 20:47   Link #397
Traece

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
This really needs it's own forum so we can discuss each case that comes up.
Maybe it's just because of the number of locations DanganRonpa is available, but from what I've seen the number of people watching this show is extremely high. Higher than everything else I've seen.

Also, as I said before, by my count in-game the murder occurred on the fifth day.
Old 2013-07-12, 21:13   Link #398
Hitenma
Behold! We are the Nine!

Quote:
Kiltias - But they said 'We found you in your room'.
Translation error. They said "the room", not "your room".
Hitenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 21:33   Link #399
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I need a sig of Sayaka, to remember her......
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 22:09   Link #400
Clarste
Human

You know, I guess this discussion happened a while ago but I kind of like the fact that most of the investigation was skipped. It makes everyone involved seem less stupid, since Naegi isn't failing to piece together obvious clues and we don't need to present people's own testimony to them during the trial. It simply makes sense that some of them will have discovered things that Naegi missed, and will bring them up during trial. It's not like he's a master detective or anything.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote