Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-16, 03:29   Link #261
AnimeFan188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
not sure if I can answer that question

@episode 2
wow, Calamity Trigger's story done in 2 episodes. Well, considering that the CT Story mode on CSEX was a 2 hour summary, I guess this is fine.

Oh well, at least it didn't turn into "BlazBlue: Endless Eight".

AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 04:29   Link #262
ookamigirl

Starting off episode 2 with a fight.. not bad at all.
Well, can't say it was an easy fight, but it was nice to watch.
Chick fight was a nice bonus though.
This anime hasn't been lacking action at all.
On the contrary, so far it seems to be lacking plot.
Still have a feeling like I'm watching it from the middle..

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 06:55   Link #263
whitecloud

wait? is calamity trigger is done? then the rest will be continuum shift?

i hope the anime do the prequel novel as well to explain the about the history of the world, blackbeast, azure griomire, some of the paradox, if not there will be some problem in story i guess...
Old 2013-10-16, 07:05   Link #264
JiCi

Wait, they ended Calamity trigger already? That was fast...
Haku-Men's fight was cool too.

I'm calling BS on 1 thing: Noel shooting at Nu-13. In game, she barely has a projectile, so I was expecting more hand-to-hand combat. The outcome was predictable since Noel isn't much of a great fighter, so I'm cool with that. But shooting? Yes, it's logical, but come on, I can't shoot bullets like that in the games, similar to how Naoto Shirogane does in Persona 4 Arena.

One more thing: "Advancing to your position"??? Who the Hell subbed that? (I've watched FUNimation's simulcast) It's "the end has come"!
JiCi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 18:10   Link #265
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiCi View Post
One more thing: "Advancing to your position"??? Who the Hell subbed that? (I've watched FUNimation's simulcast) It's "the end has come"!
Except that "translation" you mention, from Arksys, isn't accurate either.
Hakumen says "推して参る!" which is more akin to "conclude and die/be defeated".
To my understanding, considering Hakumen speech, it implies his enemy should realize who Hakumen is (as in, his strength is overwhelming enough that anyone can make "such conclusion they have no chance") and accept their fate.

"The End has come" is so abstract and quite on the left field in such context that it is as wrong as funimation translation.
A more appropriate translation would be something like "Behold and accept your fate!", which is still not 100% accurate either.
Old 2013-10-16, 19:03   Link #266
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Putting this one on hold for a while since, so far, I'm very unimpressed with this anime.
I admit I never played the game/s, but being a fighting game adaptation I expected...you know, awesome fighting scenes?
Got none of that. Or plot. So I'm very confused about what am I supposed to be watching here. So I've decided to stalk this thread for the next couple weeks, and if feedback seems good enough I'll pick it up again.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 19:33   Link #267
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
To my understanding, considering Hakumen speech, it implies his enemy should realize who Hakumen is (as in, his strength is overwhelming enough that anyone can make "such conclusion they have no chance") and accept their fate.
"oshite mairu" is just Japanese "en garde!". It figuratively means "here I come!" (to defeat you), only in archaic form.
Old 2013-10-16, 21:49   Link #268
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Why am I thinking of 6B when I saw Hakumen?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 06:07   Link #269
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
"oshite mairu" is just Japanese "en garde!". It figuratively means "here I come!" (to defeat you), only in archaic form.
I usually see "お覚悟を!" for such instance, so it never came to my mind that 推して参る would be an alternative form.
I'm pretty sure it is more than that, because that sentence is akin 推参, basically charging in the fray, albeit in a "more polite" way, with the glaring implication akin to "prepare to be trashed!".

Last edited by Klashikari; 2013-10-17 at 07:07.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 06:17   Link #270
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Why am I thinking of 6B when I saw Hakumen?
if you meant this
Spoiler for size:

it's 6A
6B is his overhead stomp. I know since, well... Hakumen's my sub

It was pretty cool that Ragna wall bounded a bit when he did it. An air hit of 6A from CSEX wallbounds, it's a cool reference IMO

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 14:35   Link #271
takai
Easy Muffin

Whew, intense second episode. I'm enjoying the fights a lot. I'd say the second episode improved greatly from the first.

Excited to start the next arc.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 16:30   Link #272
JiCi

Quote:

"The End has come" is so abstract and quite on the left field in such context that it is as wrong as funimation translation.
A more appropriate translation would be something like "Behold and accept your fate!", which is still not 100% accurate either.
It's one thing to be a mistranslation, but it's another to blatantly ignore the actual translation.
JiCi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 16:36   Link #273
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
if you meant this
Spoiler for size:

it's 6A
6B is his overhead stomp. I know since, well... Hakumen's my sub

It was pretty cool that Ragna wall bounded a bit when he did it. An air hit of 6A from CSEX wallbounds, it's a cool reference IMO
For some weird reason, that screenshot looks somewhat hilarious. I don't know why. I think it's because of the pose and Ragna's face XD
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 16:45   Link #274
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
It's one thing to be a mistranslation, but it's another to blatantly ignore the actual translation.
Welcome to the ambiguity in the world of Japanese translation!
Old 2013-10-17, 17:16   Link #275
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
It isn't the "actual translation". It is an interpretation, which is as flawed as funimation translator, although the latter didn't invent the term used there unlike the former.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Welcome to the ambiguity in the world of Japanese translation!
It isn't any ambiguous when they started translating アークエネミー into Nox Nyctores.
Arksys are known for taking liberties in their translations (not as much as NISA, fortunately) and I for one don't think a translator for another medium should follow an "official translation" if it is outright wrong. Otherwise, we would be condemned with either flat out inventions from lazy translators or engrish from japanese companies.
Old 2013-10-17, 17:32   Link #276
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
I don't mind taking liberties, because "archenemy" was meant to sound mysterious or cool because it was a foreign word, however if it's used in English it doesn't sound as good. Because we know what that word means, it can be at some times slightly confusing if we are talking about the weapons or actual nemesis of someone
However Nox Nyctores was not exactly the best word they could have picked , but it works to convey something unknown or mysterious

edit: this just reminded me, Arksys took many liberties when they were translating CS......

Last edited by hyl; 2013-10-17 at 17:52.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 04:17   Link #277
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

At least the name Arch Enemy actually addresses what those weapons are.
Nox Nyctores... it pretty much means the opposite of what those weapons are.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 05:39   Link #278
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
It isn't the "actual translation". It is an interpretation, which is as flawed as funimation translator, although the latter didn't invent the term used there unlike the former.

Arksys are known for taking liberties in their translations (not as much as NISA, fortunately) and I for one don't think a translator for another medium should follow an "official translation" if it is outright wrong. Otherwise, we would be condemned with either flat out inventions from lazy translators or engrish from japanese companies.
Your use of "Arksys" confuses me. Do you mean Aksys Games the American company that releases BlazBlue in North America and up until CS2 were also in charge of the English localization? Or do you mean Arc System Works, the original Japanese developers of the games, who were also in charge of the English localization and translation of Extend and are also once again in charge of said duties for BBCP?
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-18, 08:40   Link #279
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
I don't mind taking liberties, because "archenemy" was meant to sound mysterious or cool because it was a foreign word, however if it's used in English it doesn't sound as good.
I didn't expect them to use Archenemy either, but for the sake of making things "overcomplicated", we got mixture of latin and greek words assembled together for nearly all technobabble. Having not only weapons but also the librarian stuff named like that is jarring at some point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Your use of "Arksys" confuses me.
Aksys (didn't mean to put that extra r from nowhere). That said, ASW isn't exactly any better either from what I can remember with Extend.
I did mention Aksys because other games I've played such like 999 and VLR made some scenes rather awkward in their meaning because of some localization mishaps. That being said, their localization isn't the worst I've seen, but the one they did for Blazblue is sort of awkward at times.
Old 2013-10-18, 09:49   Link #280
Iron Maw
Banned

Ep 2

Yeah... think I'm going to drop this. I can't take how bad the production values are or clobbed together plot structure is. It sucks to say this a fan of the games but this show isn't really attempting do itself any favors.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action