AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

Old 2007-04-19, 21:20   Link #501
zordon

Send a message via MSN to zordon
Saw the first episode and enjoyed it and like some of you for some reason i have the felling it won't end happy .. maybe something like this:

Matsuri can finally see the sky and says "you were right yorito is beautiful" and then dies T_T
zordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 21:25   Link #502
Telliamed
sensei no pet

Admittedly, Kanon eventually ended happily. We just had to endure a whole hell of a lot of tragedy before everything finally got fixed.
Spoiler for Kanon:

Rather like how Dante's epic is called a "comedy" -- you have to go through the inferno before you reach paradiso.

Actually, most anime romances have had happy endings. It's only lately that they've turned bittersweet.

Quote:
Don't think Mana will have any major role outside of scolding Yorito about wisiting his sister and calling him a sky-baka now and then. After all, to me it seems she is a closer friend to Aono, not Yorito.
I really wish you were wrong about her role. Though I think you are wrong about her and Aono. It's because Koyori is so close to Aono.

I still find it curious that Koyori is unaccustomed to calling Mana "onee-chan". Could Koyori have been recently adopted?

Last edited by Telliamed; 2007-04-20 at 01:29.
Telliamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 23:01   Link #503
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Question is, by who?

Other than that, judging what what some others have said, it could point out to the 'black comedy' path (basically s*** happens somewhere in the middle, but everything will be resolved in a happy manner).

Got a question, who is the person wearing the robe covering the whole body and walking across some place (looks like in broad daylight) with a stick in episode 1? Matsuri?
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 23:21   Link #504
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Well if it stays non tragic for most of the middle, I think it is safe to say it will end tragic. If the tragedy happens soon then it might end well. Kanon was nothing but tragedy that somehow magically ended like a fairy tell and me going, wow..awsome.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 23:28   Link #505
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Personally.... setting the whole thing up as if it were going to be a tearjerker and then be able to pull a win-happy out of it would *really* make my day.

The world *does* have a few happy 'endings' after all.
You know what, I would be damn impressed if they pulled that of and made it seem natural. If a Key writer ever does have a happy canon ending I will be the first to congratulate them on breaking their mold.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 23:30   Link #506
Telliamed
sensei no pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
Got a question, who is the person wearing the robe covering the whole body and walking across some place (looks like in broad daylight) with a stick in episode 1? Matsuri?
That was a man. My guess is Matsuri's father. Some have suggested a prior incarnation of Yorito.

Spoiler for Off-topic Kanon ending:

Last edited by Telliamed; 2007-04-20 at 01:26. Reason: spoiler tag
Old 2007-04-19, 23:46   Link #507
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I know it was simple. But it was still a crazy ending. I know what you mean. Although I am not sure if it was all a dream or if she was out of body type thing, it was a pretty simple end of her waking up.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 00:01   Link #508
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Hey Telliamed, that should be in spoilers in case someone hasn't watched Kanon or Kanon 2K6 yet.

I don't agree about the Kanon ending...
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-20, 02:01   Link #509
Telliamed
sensei no pet

I did say that it was eventually happy.

(eh, kinda figured anyone here who intended to watch Kanon already has... or maybe not, in any case)
Spoiler for Kanon again... damn, we need ep3 badly to get back on-topic:

(edit: -- okay, not a scientific poll but just from my own experience with Kanonites. 1.Nayuki 2.Ayu 3.Makoto or some other permutation of that group. I like Sayuri myself.)

... Does that mean tragic characters are more popular? Pobably true. Not because suffering is a desirable trait, but it evokes [em|sym]pathy.

Which is what I'm afraid of and find appealing about sola. Matsuri has tragedy written all over her. The part of me that wants a happy ending is asking for Mana to rise into the place as the true heroine. That doesn't mean I'd be dissatisfied if she doesn't, of course. Matsuri has a lot to love about her and I can still be happy with a sad or bittersweet ending about her. As long as it's done stylishly. Which I think we can expect from Hisaya Naoki.

You can tell it's been a week since the last episode... I'm writing longer posts.

Something that's been bugging me: On sola-project.com, while the app is loading, it says "sola is..." Is what? Makes me wonder if it's really intended to mean more than just "sky".

Last edited by Telliamed; 2007-04-20 at 02:46. Reason: Makoto is popular... ?
Old 2007-04-20, 02:27   Link #510
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^ Unless i missed something...since when did Makoto become one of the most popular characters of Kanon ?

Chances of Mana becoming the main love interest of Yorito are non-existent i would say. He didn't seem very interested in her before, and he definitely won't be now with Matsuri around. As far as romance in this goes, it will be "Matsuri or bust" ... and going with my gloomy predictions - we might be heading for the bust.
Old 2007-04-20, 03:32   Link #511
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm feeling riled up because I believe Mai was an extremely popular character in the polling but thats another show in another thread.

This show is closer to Lamune (will these two idiots ever get together?) in some respects, but the night/rain/mood means they're probably going to encounter more obstacles than we saw in Lamune if Matsuri and sky-baka are to consummate any relationship at all. I'm not sensing a triangle at all at the moment... though I suppose Mana might wake up and realize the status quo has destabilized.
Old 2007-04-20, 06:56   Link #512
solwyvern
▲wight
*Graphic Designer

No reposts I hope...

Old 2007-04-20, 07:17   Link #513
Skane
Anime Snark

Question

They keep showing Aono in these "important" poses, but I can't figure out for the life of me, what possible plot importance will Aono have that justifies her amount of presence.

Need. More. Clues.

Nyargh!
Old 2007-04-20, 07:45   Link #514
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

The main person trying to get in between Matsuri and Yorito perhaps ? But in all honesty - yep. If there is a wild card in here, it is definitely her.
Old 2007-04-20, 08:22   Link #515
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
A bit off topic, but is it just me or this thread got stickied?
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 08:24   Link #516
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

LOL, indeed Matsuri's cuteness got to the mods ?
Old 2007-04-20, 08:43   Link #517
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Well, this thread does have the most (relevant and on-topic) discussion amongst the new Spring series (second only to Lucky Star (Nanoha is not counted, because that series got its sub-forum from way before)), but probably not enough to justify a sub-forum (aw shucks).

So cheers to the people who made this happen.

ADD] Strangely, sola is also not one of the most watched series. Underrated maybe?
Old 2007-04-20, 09:07   Link #518
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well, the "not one of the most watched series" probably has to do with the lack of fan legions prior the anime, with Sola being a fresh piece of work an all.

But yea - this thread has the most on-topic discussion

And maybe we can gather some fresh blood with the title being in a visible place all the time.
Old 2007-04-20, 10:04   Link #519
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
A bit off topic, but is it just me or this thread got stickied?
LOL, maybe its a mistake >.<

But if there's a show that should get stickied it should be Lucky Star >.<

Edit:

I just noticed that Lucky Star got its own sub forum >.<

Last edited by NeoSam; 2007-04-20 at 10:07. Reason: >.<
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-20, 10:15   Link #520
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

But Lucky Star has a huge subforum to run around in now. Stickied is the next best thing.

I don't see Mana as a rival. I do think that Aono is going to be more important as soon as we find out what's keeping her in the hospital with the blinds shut. She's prob the only one that could interfere with Matsuri and Yorito.

Can imagine....

Yorito: Matsuri, I can't leave now. I have to stay to take care of my sister. We will always be together in our hearts....
Matsuri: Have you tried kicking her? It works with machines.

Tags
bishoujo, drama, nomad, romance, seinen, supernatural